The LC Open XI - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

The eleventh iteration of the largest LC tournament, and the tour with the most signups in Smogon's history, the LC Open, has begun! A truly ludicrous number of players stands between each of you and victory. I wish you all the best of luck!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here. POINT VALUES HAVE CHANGED, SEE ADMIN THREAD
  • Standard SS LC.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!, on the Smogtours server.
  • SS cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
this stuff is just the abbreviated version, for the full list of rules for Smogon Tournaments check here

Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches are only allowed if there was a True Disconnection.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection and you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of atrocious behavior, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.
  • Please read the Scheduling Guide if you're unsure how to properly schedule for the tournament!
That aside, feel free to get back to me (or a tournament director if, for some reason, you don't really trust my judgement) if you still have any questions regarding this tournament (or Grand Slam in general) after reading this post.

Last but not least, aside from points towards qualifying for Grand Slam playoffs, this tournament is part of the LC Tournament Circuit, so points for that will also be awarded accordingly depending on how well you do.

Round 5

denali  vs  Asking Dinossaur
Drud  vs  Dj Breloominati♬
Magikarp_Is_AG  vs  Lyss
grizzz  vs  Lialiabeast
Wubben  vs  Swelter
LilyAC  vs  Fantos13
Mathology0  vs  Ronman5
Fiend  vs  leonmachar
Corperate n  vs  Elfuseon
GW  vs  mcgrits
Comedier  vs  PaperTigerLily
Charis_Akins  vs  RioGois9
CDW Enrique  vs  Ch1ck3n Nu99ets
califlour  vs  tob
Birthdayninja  vs  kythr
PerfectFeebas  vs  So Noisy
Collette  vs  GDFK
Duckslikerain  vs  azogue
Expulso  vs  destroyingpotato
false  vs  Tenebricite
Dekuppo  vs  BrutalBjörn
RLplayer  vs  Moldworm
TDK  vs  ToastedBunzzz02
czim  vs  qdhwefdw
HaxorusIdk  vs  pinorska
DOOR MONEY  vs  Agent_A6
coral fan  vs  bulufan14
Pinecoishot  vs  5Dots
xujing691691  vs  terreitor
Lokifan  vs  doc1203
Marshall.Law  vs  LettuceLeaf07
search  vs  Drifting
perfect minun  vs  EviGaro
tMoi  vs  CharizardChamp450
Wail Wailord  vs  zS
origingamerboi  vs  Daruma
Drookez  vs  Goblin
User 589875  vs  Meminger21
SoulWind  vs  aim
BaconUltimate  vs  Welli0u
Anonymous43567  vs  Eeveeto
boulicrok  vs  JacintoElGrande
Plas  vs  Rai2901
Drogba In Shenhua  vs  nimzowitsch
fuzzybunny666  vs  Camden
Povfren  vs  Stecolomaxx
Stareal  vs  kDCA
MichaelderBeste2  vs  Merritt
Raichy  vs  Floss
BeardedDrakon  vs  IBM
Amukamara  vs  gali
Jon Poopsicle  vs  jonfilch
Roginald  vs  EternalSnowman
paolode99  vs  Splash
TobaccoKoko  vs  robobo17
jinjaningna  vs  HydreigonTheChild
AxCypher  vs  afakedugong
Magatsu-Claudia  vs  Kowasabii
itsallyellow  vs  Malekith
Taenarius  vs  Akshajm
Shou Dui  vs  chlo
Roseybear  vs  Phobic-Coffe
TeamCharm  vs  TheFranklin
freezai  vs  Sheilwood
Grankie  vs  frisoeva
SaberTB  vs  Jordy004
ACNT  vs  poke_roco
Baconater540  vs  frogtales
Thicc_Shady  vs  churine
KSG  vs  EruditeFactotum
MenaCicada  vs  Fille
Cdijk16  vs  ACR1
Gay Lilith  vs  0otico
Chaos23333  vs  ThinkingSceptile
FlippySpatula  vs  Rodigou
HblueNoBeard  vs  Confide
Shmoo  vs  BoostedArk
Scottie  vs  OneHundred
Afdvsc  vs  femboy
airfare  vs  Potatochan
Poek  vs  M Dragon
Estarossa  vs  rh3252
Ninja  vs  Bowas
trace  vs  PokemonCestDur
Mike Cometa  vs  Luigi
Thootjuh  vs  golderzoa
Crunchman  vs  Gallaniel
Haunted Dittp  vs  RampageWebber
MOHAMEDALL  vs  RZL
yovan33321  vs  EeveeWillEatYou
Blaziken-Mohammad  vs  robjr
Martinique Jason  vs  TGA
R1CEC4KE  vs  PyProd
zero_sanaide  vs  Z Strats
Aurella  vs  Nultiprise
ML26  vs  Quiche Nuts Gandhi

Deadline: Sunday May 22nd, 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)
Extension Deadline: Wednesday May 18th, 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)

Last edited:
Requesting activity win vs Pompey. Scheduled time was for Saturday and he wasn’t able to make it, tried to reschedule but he hasn’t replied in a couple days and I can’t play tomorrow. Contacted my new opponent

Éric

mons is mons
is a Pre-Contributor
LilyAC vs Fantos13: i havent seen fantos play in a really long time and hes going up against lily so rip
Wail Wailord vs zS: wail is so good and zs doesnt play lc regularly so our friendly neighbour wail should be able to grab the win
SoulWind vs aim: im a huge aim fan and sw used weird teams the first round. i should probably vote for sw but i really think aim can take this
Shou Dui vs chlo: this is kinda a tossup really, bc shou dui is really proving himself lately, but chlo def knows lc and i think is favored here
TeamCharm vs TheFranklin: guys insane lately and even is playing lpl so knows his way around the metagame.
Grankie vs frisoeva: this has been played already lmao
Poek vs M Dragon: this is close i think bc neither plays lc but poek made slam playoffs last year and i havent rly liked cg dragon
Fille this ones late im sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)