The LC Open XI - Round 4-A

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head

The eleventh iteration of the largest LC tournament, and the tour with the most signups in Smogon's history, the LC Open, has begun! A truly ludicrous number of players stands between each of you and victory. I wish you all the best of luck!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here. POINT VALUES HAVE CHANGED, SEE ADMIN THREAD
  • Standard SS LC.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!, on the Smogtours server.
  • SS cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
this stuff is just the abbreviated version, for the full list of rules for Smogon Tournaments check here

Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches are only allowed if there was a True Disconnection.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of atrocious behavior, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.
  • Please read the Scheduling Guide if you're unsure how to properly schedule for the tournament!
That aside, feel free to get back to me (or a tournament director if, for some reason, you don't really trust my judgement) if you still have any questions regarding this tournament (or Grand Slam in general) after reading this post.

Last but not least, aside from points towards qualifying for Grand Slam playoffs, this tournament is part of the LC Tournament Circuit, so points for that will also be awarded accordingly depending on how well you do.

Round 4-A

Fluore  vs  BeardedDrakon
Moldworm  vs  Mirbro
memedose46  vs  HblueNoBeard
thatgreik  vs  Magikarp_Is_AG
origingamerboi  vs  dinozoeic
BrutalBjörn  vs  Yun Yun UwU
Jonbot  vs  DOOR MONEY
terreitor  vs  Jayi
grizzz  vs  Mendeez
GHAZKULL  vs  Taenarius
Confide  vs  Stefaan
Blaziken-Mohammad  vs  Shandeur
Rai2901  vs  Micciu
SaberTB  vs  Gwyndolin_Simp
User 589875  vs  uhtopl
TGA  vs  Kate
DracoZeon  vs  Corperate n
false  vs  TheSergio235
TeamCharm  vs  Fraolain
Chaos23333  vs  Undefeated Alt
freezai  vs  Smule44
frogtales  vs  Mercupty
SpaceCP  vs  BaconUltimate
Drogba In Shenhua  vs  KingSlayer2004
Albert von Gerstenlohn  vs  Merritt
zS  vs  QuinnXD
Tails72  vs  Estarossa
EMAWCookie  vs  Dj Breloominati♬
French Seel  vs  Scottie
reggg  vs  Eeveeto
dcae  vs  Elfuseon
Rainog17  vs  Fiend
dunoks  vs  Crunchman
hurricanesheep  vs  mcgrits
Tenebricite  vs  mnbjhg
HRCassetteTape  vs  M Dragon
Punny  vs  PokemonCestDur
itsallyellow  vs  z0mOG
jinjaningna  vs  Phone
gorex  vs  ThinkingSceptile
BoostedArk  vs  Lady Writer
Note200  vs  TDK
gali  vs  Stanley332
Fille  vs  slqnder
Spacial  vs  Lyss
zeriloa  vs  trace
Bucketeering  vs  Duckslikerain
FlippySpatula  vs  HRV
GDFK  vs  Khon Edan
bulufan14  vs  DuGuo
Anonymous43567  vs  Barbed Ryno
micromorphic  vs  Roginald
tMoi  vs  palladiumpaladin
Davo2544  vs  Camden
articz  vs  Daruma
yellowfin  vs  coral fan
Scorcha9  vs  Lokifan
czim  vs  omarsgarciav
innovamania  vs  Dekuppo
Malekith  vs  Flacidpanda
Captive soul  vs  zero_sanaide
Simon C4  vs  TheFranklin
OneHundred  vs  crying
paolode99  vs  Krumplin
Jordy004  vs  Noblesse Oblige
Gay Lilith  vs  Zagiman72
oxStr8upGrEeKxo  vs  EternalSnowman
Foukrou  vs  EviGaro
Grankie  vs  MK007
UFO Pilot  vs  Splash
JustNot  vs  denali
bygbyrd  vs  Magatsu-Claudia
MiNi Charizard-x  vs  Ninja
Luigi  vs  Pfirsicher
aim  vs  Alkione
SeanPurchase  vs  Roseybear
JacintoElGrande  vs  Blueberrytree
Mike Cometa  vs  hugh_donnetono
Flatemo  vs  So Noisy
robjr  vs  Nurimiau
Fantos13  vs  eosobe
perfect minun  vs  RamentheGod
JuanSG  vs  Swelter
Cyfix  vs  0otico
Lialiabeast  vs  LuminousLunatic
DuckeryDoodle  vs  qdhwefdw
RampageWebber  vs  PU is goated
Vi best waifu  vs  Meminger21
Raichy  vs  Bad Player
Rockachaws  vs  PaperTigerLily
Mathology0  vs  Hi it's Timmy
m_row1709  vs  MenaCicada
15chacha  vs  AxCypher
roxiee  vs  Birthdayninja
aruwu  vs  Quiche Nuts Gandhi
cambam2015  vs  RLplayer

Deadline: Sunday May 15th, 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)
Extension Deadline: Wednesday May 11th, 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)

Last edited by a moderator:
Opponent has contacted the wrong person. Currently trying to sort it out before they try and play their game tomorrow lol

Kris we might need an extension. Both my opponent and me are traveling this week on different days. We will try to battle on Sunday but if thats not possible, we will have to do it next week.

Won 2-1 ggs

cryingg, I'm so sorry about the double Will-O miss, we'll never know how impactful they would've been, but they would've at least done something for you. That's Pokemon, and unfortunately I'll take those... because it'll happen to me eventually, just you wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)