The LC Open XI - Round 1-A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I saw I had a bye and now I have to play
Your opponent was substituted in literally two days into the round, which is plenty of time to have responded. Round 1's deadline was a few days ago, and you took an activity loss for not responding to your subbed in opponent.

Your opponent was substituted in literally two days into the round, which is plenty of time to have responded. Round 1's deadline was a few days ago, and you took an activity loss for not responding to your subbed in opponent.
Why would I feel the need to check if I got a bye? Im ranked #1 on the ladder and get dq'd off of something that was never mentioned beforehand

There has to be some type of rule on this? I was out of state on business during a round I was originally told I had a bye on?????

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
There has to be some type of rule on this? I was out of state on business during a round I was originally told I had a bye on?????
Sure! As linked in the OP of both this thread and the signups thread, this tournament is subject to the general tournament rules and guidelines, which says right at the beginning (first paragraph if you exclude the "what is this?" preamble and links to other resources) that there's an expectation that players log in periodically. Making sure players are aware of when they've been given a substitute opponent is a part of why this is in the rules.

When your new opponent was subbed in, the host tagged you so that you would be alerted to look at that post the next time you logged in. Reasonable efforts were made to let you know that you had been given an opponent, so this is not a fault on the host's part.

It would also be unreasonable to your Round 1 opponent to expect them to schedule and complete a game with you within the next 26 hours - the length of time before the extended games deadline.

Sure! As linked in the OP of both this thread and the signups thread, this tournament is subject to the general tournament rules and guidelines, which says right at the beginning (first paragraph if you exclude the "what is this?" preamble and links to other resources) that there's an expectation that players log in periodically. Making sure players are aware of when they've been given a substitute opponent is a part of why this is in the rules.

When your new opponent was subbed in, the host tagged you so that you would be alerted to look at that post the next time you logged in. Reasonable efforts were made to let you know that you had been given an opponent, so this is not a fault on the host's part.

It would also be unreasonable to your Round 1 opponent to expect them to schedule and complete a game with you within the next 26 hours - the length of time before the extended games deadline.
That is hilarious.

Literally #1 on ladder and cant get anyone to mention there would be a possible sub in the rules. No one is even responding to this other than some general ruleset that doesn't specifically apply. One post and my opponent trying to reach me 1 time in 12 days while out making a living for myself. My first tournament and an extremely bad reputation. My following will be warned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)