The Juggernauts

THE JUGGERNAUTS

Now, the name "juggernaut" implies an unstoppable team. This team is far from that. That's why I'm posting this RMT! The goal of this team is bulky offense, hence "the Juggernauts". So basically, this team is designed to take on most threats on the tier and beat them. Whether this is through an unusually fast volcanic turtle, or adorable blue and pink blobs, or even a steel triceratops, the ultimate goal is stop the opponents team.

Another thing I will mention is that I shall REFUSE to use anything related to Rotom-W and Mega Pinsir (except to annihilate them, hehe)

=== [ou] The Juggernauts ===

Beef (Aggron) (M) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 244 Atk / 16 Def / 16 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: null SAtk
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Roar
- Earthquake

Boeing (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

Ignorance (Togekiss) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

Heatran (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 8 SDef / 248 Spd
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Overheat
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

Kaiser (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Def / 112 SDef / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk / null SAtk
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Flappy (Wobbuffet) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Def / 72 SDef / 184 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk / null SAtk
- Tickle
- Counter
- Encore
- Mirror Coat

The so-called Juggernauts:

Aggron:
The brute metal tank of the world. Seriously, practically nothing can match his physical bulk. Skarmory? Screw you, with a neutral nature Aggron with no EVs has just a little less bulk then a full EV plus a positive nature. (don't believe me? go Check ;) ). Fancy EVs customized to annihilate non-choice band terrakion (or life orb), and stuff. Ice Punch for pesky Landsharks or Barney Dragons (although the latter will have to be weakened by Stealth Rock), and, in the meantime, while the enemy is running around in discord, Aggron sneakily puts up a quite noticeable trap that discourages aforementioned Barney Dragons and firebug (no, Mozilla Firefox has nothing to do with this). And Aggron isn't all come at me bro, he can also cripple attackers with a powerful attack stat (seriously, 140 attack stat? don't know how that can be low). Plus, Aggron is a pure steel type, with an amazing ability: Filter. Its a dream come true.

Support: Chansey's massive wishes, with a proper plan, can be passed on and BOOM full restore. Chansey also runs heal bell so it eases the need to guess around things with WoW. Latias is a dual screener to provide an extra defense against attacks, making Aggron unstoppable with the special monsters out of the way. Togekiss also provides paralysis, and great synergy. In exchange, rocks helps togekiss flinch has things easier, with less hits required. Heatran also loves stealth rock weakening as with it, it can get a surefire kill on things.

Latias:
Support, Support, Support. That is all. Defog for hazards. Screens to help tank things. Draco Meteor so no taunt bait. Yeah... Basically to make my teammates even more unstoppable.
Now that was short wasn't it? Don't worry, because I'll state my reason for being skeptical: only on slow teams does Latias get dual screens up. That being said, I want to use a calm mind Latias, but I dunno a set for it. Help?
Note: This may sound like a retarded idea, but is there a way to have one screen move and CM, then STAB and another move? Not implausible, but yey?
LATIOS NOW

Togekiss:
Great for flinch hax, one of the better fairies. Dazzling Gleam could be replaced, but I don't know what to replace it with. This is my troll pivot: Thunder waving everything is fun. SR weak? Latias covers that with defog. Tanker Bulky, nasty plot, basically saying come at me bro. Togekiss is such a good mon. I don't know if its broken, maybe its just me, but flinch hax is to good on a bulky mon. This is basically a great counter to everything, and it isn't dead weight either. With effort values in defense, Togekiss can actually take a few SE physical attacks with its great bulk and retaliate with a crippling Thunder Wave and proceed to flinch has to death.

Scarftran.
This is the one of the best leads EVER. Its so uncommon no one expects and overheat to the face. Evs outspeed greninja with naive/whatever. With modest, it can pack a punch even without a specs.. Overheat OHKO gliscor (I think only on physically defensive glister or something), and stuff like mamoswine are roasted. Anyway flash cannon for fairies and stuff and earth power to hit fire types I switch in on (excluding air balloon heatran).

Blissey:
I needed a special tank that could surprise. Surprise! CM Blissey. I have swept late game with blissey, which is really hilarious when you think about it. It also is a nice status tank.
THe moves are for coverage, Dazzling Gleam might be replaced with flamethrower depending on how it works. (I might fit a recovery move, but because I wasn't there at the chansey event wish is unavailable D: otherwise I could use it)

Chansey:
Cleric. Wish Passer. Actually a viable mixed wall makes Chansey my replacement for togekiss and togekiss replacing cm blissey. Yup, toxic to troll and seismic toss because nothing else works. (counter MIGHT just work, but too gimmicky) Chansey is a great supporter and it is very useful. In many situations without Chansey, I would have lost. One problem is when someone annoying thing like conkeldurr or terrakion switches in and your done for and ya gotta switch. :/

Malamar:
A great late game sweeper. Surprise on how effective it is. Moves for coverage.
Super power boosts its atk and def and the rest can annihilate things.
(realized I needed an answer to setup sweepers), topsy turvy works well.
Any one have a replacement for Malamar? Its often dead weight a LOT.
testing bisharp

Guess what? Wobbuffet. Started using it, its great. Seriously, some random guy tries to kill everyone, wobbuffet is the saving grace- The holy grail if you will. If you want to recycle Wobbuffet, Chansey's always there to help ya. Threats that can't be eliminated (Pinsir, which will KO with SE STAB, and others) usually can be handled by Togekiss and Scarftran. Otherwise, Wobbuffet will at least bring down 1-1 something with destiny bond timed correctly.

Ways to help:
*Make changes to move sets
*Help swap 1-2 mons to help deal with threats
*List said threats
*Give me a Wobbuffet gif Gen6

I know I'm not being specific and all, but WHATEVER. xD

Last edited:
Hi. Before a moderator comes and locks this thread, you need at least 3 lines of analysis for each pokemon which is stated here in rule #2. You say why you chose that pokemon and what its moveset accomplishes for the team. It really helps out the raters in their ratings.

First I suggest changing your MAggron moveset to something with Stealth Rock and Roar, as your team lacks a phazer, as well as any form of entry hazards. Even though you have a dedicated Defogger in Latias it is still a good idea to have some form of entry hazards. I suggest you change Togekiss to an offensive Nasty Plot set, with coverage moves of your choice as you lack any setup sweeper. When you change Togekiss, it also means you lack a Wisher. Hence I suggest you change Blissey to a conventional support set, as Blissey doesn't need a Calm Mind boost to take virtually any special hit, as you stated you wanted a special tank.

Sets:
Recommended Togekiss set:
Nature: Timid
Ability: Serene Grace
Item: Life Orb / Leftovers / Pixie Plate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast / Aura Sphere / Roost

Recommended Blissey set:
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

The problem is, Wish Blissey is INCREDIBLY hard to get irl.
Yeah... so togekiss is still using its defense set.
Malamar is a boosting sweeper.
So is blissey.
:P
And Blissey without normal set is still a monstrous tank.
MAggron's genius lies in a tank. Not a support mon, it doesn't have leftovers and is too specially weak to do a thing.
I changed Malamar to anti-sweeper, excluding heracross, technician breeloom, and cloyster.

(If I could get wish blissey though, that'd be awesome :D)

If you can use Bisharp instead of Malamar, I think it'd work out. I've been using it on my team lately, and its pretty good at just coming in and trying to murder everything xD
My set:
Item: Air balloon
Adamant nature.
Moves:
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Iron Head
Knock Off

Its good as a late game sweeper, and a last resort is the other Aegislash counters/checks are gone. The EVS are your choice really.
That's all, thanks for seeing! x3

The problem is, Wish Blissey is INCREDIBLY hard to get irl.
Yeah... so togekiss is still using its defense set.
Malamar is a boosting sweeper.
So is blissey.
:P
And Blissey without normal set is still a monstrous tank.
MAggron's genius lies in a tank. Not a support mon, it doesn't have leftovers and is too specially weak to do a thing.
I changed Malamar to anti-sweeper, excluding heracross, technician breeloom, and cloyster.

(If I could get wish blissey though, that'd be awesome :D)
Malamar is not a setup sweeper if they send in a ghost type. Blissey shouldn't be a setup sweeper because it functions best as a support Pokemon. And it isn't hard to get a Wish Blissey, just Pokegen one.

Malamar is not a setup sweeper if they send in a ghost type. Blissey shouldn't be a setup sweeper because it functions best as a support Pokemon. And it isn't hard to get a Wish Blissey, just Pokegen one.
Problem is, this WILL become irl.
:/.
So, event mons like Blissey (with wish) will not be a choice :/
I am considering changing Togekiss to a baton pass nasty plot sweeper :P
But I want wish so bad xDDD

Last edited:

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you're going to use a defensive Blissey set, go with Chansey. Chansey is far bulkier and accomplishes everything defensive Blissey does, only better.

I'm going to echo CassiusYT here and say that Togekiss should be your setup sweeper, not Blissey. Blissey gets annihilated by most faster physical attackers (note: this includes most of them). Togekiss does not, and has a FAR better offensive (and arguably defensive) typing to stay on the battlefield longer.

Next, Hidden Power Ice over Dragon Pulse on Heatran. Hidden Power Ice hits just about everything Dragon Pulse does, gains far better coverage, and for the three notable exceptions in Rotom-W, Mega Charizard X, and Kyurem-B, the latter two are taken care of Earth Power and Flash Cannon, respectively, whereas Rotom-W cannot be hit for high damage by any of Heatran's attacks anyway.

Defensive Chansey and Defensive Aggron go hand-in-hand, especially with a strong Fighting-type resist in Togekiss. Put Rest on Aggron if you go with CassiusYT's set, and have Heal Bell or something on Chansey. If you stick with an offensive Aggron, use Heavy Slam over Iron Head as it's usually far more powerful.

With Latias, if you're using Dual Screens, you almost always want to use Light Clay. Otherwise you're usually better off running something like Healing Wish or another attack. Also, if you use Draco Meteor, go with a spread of 4HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe. Otherwise you're better off running Dragon Pulse.

Finally, I'm a little skeptical of Malamar as a late-game sweeper. If you're looking for a bulky, slower booster, I would advise something more along the lines of Calm Mind Suicune that has far more bulk, doesn't rely so much on its item, and doesn't have to rely on an un-STABbed Fighting-type move to boost itself.

CroCune @ Leftovers
Bold | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Rest | Sleep Talk | Calm Mind | Scald

Goody. Ok, so togekiss will have nasty plot instead of wish?
And so support chansey right?
Darn it. CM blissey actually swept a few good teams xD
But...
I just realized.
Chansey is a mixed wall, which can take up togekiss's previous role.
And then, togekiss can be the sweeper.
YAY everything works out.

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
CyclicCompound
How do you do that? :/
ApplepieFTW
Yup. Except I don't wanna run bisharp or malamar: Bisharp fits poorly on this team and Malamar is too specific and most of the time dead weight. Its ok, but if there is something better that can stop sweepers in a creative fashion, I will go for it.
You use [ hide ] at the beginning and [ /hide ] at the end (without the spaces.) If you do it right, it should look like this:

peekaboo

If you want to be fancy and give your hide tags a label, use [ hide=insert label here ] instead of [ hide ] (again without the spaces).

goes the weasel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)