SV OU The First of Gen9 (CB roaring moon)

1669920749338.png
Roaring Moon @ Choice Band
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Roaring Moon is really the MAIN mon of this team, He's our speed AND one of our main damage dealers for the team.
I've decided on a CB set so that instead of losing my boost after switching out (booster)i get to KEEP my boost and still freely switch out, Though because of Choice Band I can't really use Outrage reliably. I also decided to use Terra Type Steel for out MAJOR weaknesses to Fairy and Ice. Earthquake is a insanely good tool and U-turn since this is a choice band set, everything else is self explainable. I went Adamant to hit harder as i really don't need to outspeed any major mons.

1669921476984.png
Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Thief

ALL the worry's i had about roaring moon? GONE, admitidly there aren't many defensive steel types so I had to do the best with what i have at my disposal until DLC or Pokemon home. Scizor has been turned into an offensive beast this gen and im al for it! This is honestly just Roaring Moon #2 but with a good typing for better coverage. Thats really it.

1669921902231.png
Tsareena @ Assault Vest
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Def / 172 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- High Jump Kick
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

Let me explain. I know Tsareena is a very niche pokemon BUT I see it's poteintal to do amazing as both a support and a attacking pokemon, since it can't be status'd it can block twave very well. I decided to use Assault Vest because it turns Tsareena's mediocore special defense into some fantastic and bulky af.
U-turn to pivot' Giga Drain for recovery and Rapid spin for support. Not only does this mon do absolutely fantastic at staying and taking hit after hit, it can hit like a train with HJK. Im kinda glad Rapid spin technically counts as a attacking move or I prob would've just used toadscruel.

1669922410447.png
Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Recover

My first thought when i found out about Spikes/SteathRock Gastro i immedetly put it on this team. I always thought gastro was in a weird spot and the only thing that stopped me from using it outside of doubles was the fact it didnt have rocks. I use Gastro as another good pivot and my hazard setter since its natturally bukly and good for exactly thoose 2 things. Tera steel for grass types, and besides that everything else is obvious.

1669923254355.png
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 140 Def / 252 SpA / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Make It Rain
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Self explanitory. Slightly defensive gholdengo. Thats it. Thats all.

1669923377879.png

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Sylveon DESTROYS anything that doesnt resist fairy with Terra Fairy+ Pixilate HyperVoice, Its honeslty astonishing to see happen at times.
Really this is also self explanitory, Type coverage Fits what the teem needs good etc etc.

Hello fellow user! , i like your sets a lot i'd suggest replacing giga drain with power whip on Tsareena (very strong) and.. That's it! i like your sets! have a nice day!

If it can still learn Synthesis, replace it with that
He is using assault vest, so synthesis is not an option unless he changes his items.

As for your team, I would recommend booster energy Iron valiant over Sylveon. While sylveon has great attacking power, your team already has a breaker in roaring moon. Iron valiant can outspeed and finish off the pokemon that roaring moon has chipped, and with the booster energy speed boost, it can destroy frail offensive pokemon, too. I think i mixed set with Close combat, moonblast, and two coverage moves of your choice would suffice. Also, I would suggest a bulkier scizor, with leftovers or punching glove over life orb. He should already hit like a truck, and the extra chip is not worth it when he is your only steel type. But I love the team in general, it is very creative!

He is using assault vest, so synthesis is not an option unless he changes his items.

As for your team, I would recommend booster energy Iron valiant over Sylveon. While sylveon has great attacking power, your team already has a breaker in roaring moon. Iron valiant can outspeed and finish off the pokemon that roaring moon has chipped, and with the booster energy speed boost, it can destroy frail offensive pokemon, too. I think i mixed set with Close combat, moonblast, and two coverage moves of your choice would suffice. Also, I would suggest a bulkier scizor, with leftovers or punching glove over life orb. He should already hit like a truck, and the extra chip is not worth it when he is your only steel type. But I love the team in general, it is very creative!
I have thought about the fact that sylveon was not fast nor bulky enough to actually do anything with its giant special attack so your first point is correct.
i honestly did want to run a more defensive scizor BUT it no longer learns roost so i didnt know what to do with it

Hi there and loving the team, but I've got a few recommendations.

I'm going to go through all of your team members, and make my recommendations for each

:Roaring moon:

This thing is looking pretty good ( a bit biased since my most recent team was based around him) but I'd change dragon claw to iron head. It means you can make good use of your steel tera, and actually make use of the surprise you get on fairies and ice types.

:Scizor:

There's two different options I'd go for this one

1. Change the set
2. Change the Mon altogether ( those are always the two options but still)

:Iron treads: looks like a decent option, since it's got knock, pivoting potential, rocks and is a bulky steel.

The EVs? Probably just go max HP and speed or defense. The only reason that I'm slightly against this change is that scizor gives you priority since you've got zero unaware Mons.

Is you decide to keep scizor, I'd go for this set:

Scizor @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Close Combat / Thief
- Tera Blast

Tera water blasts keep any tusks and moths away, and thief/ cc hits steels / ghosts. The extra bulk and AV helps him keep alive for longer, and speed beats any speed creep skeles.

:Tsareena:
Tsareena really doesn't do much here, there's nothing that it really checks, it's really just there for hazard control.

If you don't go with treads, I'd switch tsa to toed.

If you decide to go with treads, :hatterene: looks like a decent replacement for tsareena. It's a status blocker, scares away hazards, and can para back with nuzzle. It can't pivot, but it's a solid option.

This thing is quite customisable, but I'd put on max HP and defense for the EVs, and leave the rest up to you.

:Gastrodon:
This thing looks like it really fits well on the team here, but I'll point out two things:
1. WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS THING IS A GOOD PIVOT it has no ability to pivot what so ever.

2. I'd maybe slap a covert cloak on it to deal with garg.

:Gholdengo:
A few things I see
1. remember you need 3 lines of description for each member.
2. the EVs are a bit all over the place, I'd keep it max HP and SpA modest or bold
3. I'd run np over t bolt to be able to set up, trust me on this one.
4. Lastly, go for tera flying or dark for more setup opportunities.

:Sylveon:

I'd change this Mon altogether, valiant gives you faster offensive presence with more coverage. :Choice specs: still being the item.

Since I rambled on quite a bit, I'll put the paste down below for convenience sake.

https://pokepast.es/5a511c8827db5aa3 tsareena and scizor version

https://pokepast.es/de9afad36cda7f80 hatt and treads version.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

I hope this helps and for now, goodbye, I wish you many good laddering sessions.

Hi there and loving the team, but I've got a few recommendations.

I'm going to go through all of your team members, and make my recommendations for each

:Roaring moon:

This thing is looking pretty good ( a bit biased since my most recent team was based around him) but I'd change dragon claw to iron head. It means you can make good use of your steel tera, and actually make use of the surprise you get on fairies and ice types.

:Scizor:

There's two different options I'd go for this one

1. Change the set
2. Change the Mon altogether ( those are always the two options but still)

:Iron treads: looks like a decent option, since it's got knock, pivoting potential, rocks and is a bulky steel.

The EVs? Probably just go max HP and speed or defense. The only reason that I'm slightly against this change is that scizor gives you priority since you've got zero unaware Mons.

Is you decide to keep scizor, I'd go for this set:

Scizor @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Close Combat / Thief
- Tera Blast

Tera water blasts keep any tusks and moths away, and thief/ cc hits steels / ghosts. The extra bulk and AV helps him keep alive for longer, and speed beats any speed creep skeles.

:Tsareena:
Tsareena really doesn't do much here, there's nothing that it really checks, it's really just there for hazard control.

If you don't go with treads, I'd switch tsa to toed.

If you decide to go with treads, :hatterene: looks like a decent replacement for tsareena. It's a status blocker, scares away hazards, and can para back with nuzzle. It can't pivot, but it's a solid option.

This thing is quite customisable, but I'd put on max HP and defense for the EVs, and leave the rest up to you.

:Gastrodon:
This thing looks like it really fits well on the team here, but I'll point out two things:
1. WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS THING IS A GOOD PIVOT it has no ability to pivot what so ever.

2. I'd maybe slap a covert cloak on it to deal with garg.

:Gholdengo:
A few things I see
1. remember you need 3 lines of description for each member.
2. the EVs are a bit all over the place, I'd keep it max HP and SpA modest or bold
3. I'd run np over t bolt to be able to set up, trust me on this one.
4. Lastly, go for tera flying or dark for more setup opportunities.

:Sylveon:

I'd change this Mon altogether, valiant gives you faster offensive presence with more coverage. :Choice specs: still being the item.

Since I rambled on quite a bit, I'll put the paste down below for convenience sake.

https://pokepast.es/5a511c8827db5aa3 tsareena and scizor version

https://pokepast.es/de9afad36cda7f80 hatt and treads version.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

I hope this helps and for now, goodbye, I wish you many good laddering session
I assume that they meant gastro is a good mon to pivot INTO,not a good pivot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)