The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This team lacks a better switch in to Water-types, as Exeggutor can easily be taken down by those Water-type with the correct move (Samurott with Megahorn and Ice Beam, Seismitoad with Sludge Bomb, etc) and the rest of the team won't enjoy switching on them either.

I can also see it having problems with Charizard, although Zangoose can revenge it with Quick Attack after Stealth Rock and Scolipede can outspeed non-Scarf Zard. Braviary also seems to power through that team with proper prediction if it's the Choice Band/Scarf set.

Carracosta also seems to be a threat, but it can only really set up on Scolipede and has to be careful with Toxic Spikes as they'll wear it down quite quickly. Same for Serperior as it can only set up on Eggy locked on Leaf Storm or Probopass, but also has to be careful with Toxic Spikes. Thinking about it, this team seems to use Toxic Spikes as a way to check some threats (which I like seeing), but even though they end up on a timer, they won't die without KOing 1 or 2 mons.

Overall, this team lacks a scarfer :)
I just want to clarify that although Scarfers can be really useful, they aren't needed in every team as sometimes you carry enough Priority or have Thunder Wave support which end up being enough to deal with faster threats. :toast:

Last edited:
Zangoose can't revenge Charizard with quick attack, even after rocks damages, I said it...
I hate scarf, as i think it just allow set up opportunities, but this team really needs it imo, as revenge killing just help to solve so much problems. Yeah, scarfer are not needed every time, if you carry ENOUGH priority, and i just see zangoose's quick attack as a priority move in this team.

Sun Teams also just laugh, Victreebel under sun outspeed everything and just ohko, bar probopass, who just can't do anything to it. You have to rely onto zangoose quick attack, and if the orb isn't activated, you will have a hard time... And even if you kill the victreebel, it's surely not the only sun sweeper, who can just clean up the rest of the team.

I would have liked to see more discussion, but since it's been a few days, I'm starting the set submission round

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender

jynx @ choice scarf
dry skin
252 satk / 252 spe
timid
ice beam
psychic
trick
lovely kiss

this team really appreciates another water-type check as well as a revenge killer for all sorts of pokemon, mainly carracosta which can sweep this team clean if it gets a boost. can also revenge kill charizard

Last edited:

Misdreavus (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt

"Classic" Missy is IMHO what you need to complete this team. Useful as spinblocker, ideal switch vs fighting-move and so useful to cover the heavy Zangose and Propopass's weaknesses. Speed Taunt it's another useful "team-move", shutting down setup Pokemon and walls.

I like Misdreavus; it adds a layer of defense to the team and is a great spinblocker. Another decent spinblocker that solves a few of this team's problems is Choice Scarf Haunter, but I decided against Haunter in favor of this:

Rotom-S @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Trick

This team really likes entry hazards and produces quite a bit of offensive pressure; a good combination. Rotom-S appreciates the extra damage from these entry hazards, as its above-average Special Attack stat might not always be enough to net KO's on its own. It also gives this team a third Volt Switch, which can lead to all sorts of shenanigans once opposing Ground-types have been taken care of. That's cool, but here's why it should actually be on this team: Rotom-S comes in on quite a few threats to this team and beats them one-on-one. Samurott, Pinsir, Braviary, Carracosta, and Serperior (I think) can all be beaten with either Thunderbolt or Air Slash before they manage to take Rotom-S down. It also serves as a potent revenge killer and a possible cleaner with hazard support. It's not quite as effective if Stealth Rock is up, but that can be said for many things that might help this team, like Jynx.
Speaking of Jynx, almost every team prepares for it in some way or another. Let's not forget how frail it is, either. Rotom-S has at least these two advantages over Jynx: it's less likely to have a specific counter on the enemy team, and it can take more hits. Yes, Jynx has Lovely Kiss, but Exeggutor is already running Sleep Powder and there doesn't need to be anymore clash with Toxic Spikes, so Trick could be considered just as useful to the team. I'd also go as far to say that Rotom-S beats just about everything that Jynx does, but that's open for debate.

Rotom-S: Try him out, you might end up becoming a fan.

If I could vote for myself, that would be great.

Although I have to admit that Jynx is a really good option for this team. Damn thing's just too good for much competition.

flcl wins yet again

and with that, this project is being closed because of a lack of interest. any sort of teambuilding project never seems to work out very well in this subforum. =\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)