The Dream World Council (Congrats to Frizy/j7r/mostwanted/NixHex/Omicron/shrang/V0x!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you not aware yet, Matthew has sadly left Smogon. This leaves me in charge of Dream World, with Birkal as my second in command. Zeph and ala have recently gone inactive as well (EDIT: So has Hardcore), so for the time being their council spots are available. Therefore I am looking for two or more new council members. Post in this thread if you are interested in joining. You will be evaluated on your forum (both DW DST and DW S&P) and IRC presence (hint: being active in #dw will better your chances), as well as your metagame knowledge. Ladder peaks (preferably screenshots) will also help your case.

Current Members

Leader:
Tobes

Second in Command:
Birkal

Members:
ala
Frizy
Hawkstar
idiotfrommars
jrrrrrrr
mostwanted
NixHex
Omicron
shrang
Taylor
V0x

Applications will close on March 23rd. Good luck!

---

Congratulations to these seven! They were selected due to a combination of forum, IRC, and ladder presence. For those of you not selected, don't be too discouraged. This is not the last time the council will be open for new members. Circumstances can change. I advise you keep trying hard to perform well, because I'll be keeping an eye on everyone.

We're going to be revitalizing the council and this forum, so I've created #dwcouncil, an IRC channel where DW Council members are expected to congregate daily. If they do not they are at risk of losing their status. We'll be discussing the state of the meta, philosophies behind banning, the state of the ladder, the state of the forums, how we can go about improving these things, etc. Anyone is free to join the channel, but you may not speak unless you are a council member. If you wish to discuss Dream World and are not on the council, I invite you to join #dw, where everyone is free to speak.

Does being first to post increase my chances :3

jk

umm i guess since everyone is posting ladder rankings .__.

I'll probably post more later .-.

Interested

Originally I had 1590 on bolt but I didn't bothered saving it. I also made the Dream World Offensive and Defensive threatlist which could be found right here. Expect to see more of me on the DST forums.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm down. Unfortunately i didn't get a screenshot at my peak of #17 but I'll get there again soon, don't me worry!

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Interested, I've been playing a lot of DW lately. Too bad I didn't record when I had three alts in the top 20 with my main at #1, ha!

Anyway, I'll do another climb of the ladder, here's my current peak for this run. I'll update if I go higher, I guess:

http://postimage.org/image/4u4z7o3sb/

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm very interested. I've been on the first page of ladder rankings for weeks now, I'm currently 16th at 1433 (and this is without trying for a "peak rating"), and I have tons of experience managing tiers and suspects already with Gen 4 and 5 UU and OU (Tiering Contributor badge woo!). Plus I'm active in #dw too. I would love to help the council.

edit- currently 12th at 1466

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lol what's laddering? Jk jk, don't have recent screenshots though.
In all seriousness, I'm not losing anything by posting here, so might as well

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Color me intrigued. I've played Dream World OU quite a bit since the games came out, and can be a big help when it comes to making decisions. I'll just have to remember to log on whenever I go to join #genvuu and I'm good to go.

A sample of my work can be found here.

I've been at 1, had 2 other peaks at 1 (1 screenshotted), have peaked at 8 and 12 on Beta DW, 1 on PBC DW, 2 alts top 10 PBC DW and 4 alts top 10 Smogon DW. I think I am more than elligible. also...what is #dw? a channel? thank you :D

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm interested. I don't ladder a whole lot because I have access to PO like once a week because my computer won't run it, so no peaks for me right now. However, I feel that I have a grasp of the metagame, and I try to be as active as possible. I am currently semi-active in DW DST, and devote a lot of time to DW S&P. My computer does not run IRC either (it hates me), but I can try to be on IRC too. I'll try and get a ladder peak, but the one I remember is #29 literally the day the tier started as a developing metagame. No screenshot though. I think I am eligible, but it is of course up to you.
Cheers!

EDIT: Hell yeah I got IRC to work with Mibbit. Now to chat.

Heh broke 1400 with shrang's team, but that's unfair. I've done 80 battles or so and gotten to 1446 battles with my own team which is a great start, and I'll keep you updated when I get higher. I've only been doing one or two battles a day though. Anyhow, I play DW enough to have a good understanding of the metagame, as well as what's broken and what isn't. I've been getting more and more active on IRC, and I stop by on #dw once or twice a day. Also, I think I'm agreeable and active, and I'm contributing to Birkal's DW project. Hope this is enough! Glad to see that you guys are giving DW the recognition it deserves anyways.

Update: 3 / 20 / 12

woohoo top 20!

Noodlez is a lazy ass and made me type up his resume for him. Noodlez is a great WiFi player and a very formidable DW player (beat me today actually), and I think with his current peak of 1 (which he accomplished in little over a day) he should be elligible for council.

Might as well throw my hat into the ring. I'm on IRC a lot and I think I've played Dream World sufficiently. Laddering is a load of shit, but I have managed to get into the top 50 before falling.

EDIT: OK, I'm in the 1337 area of the ladder now.

Sayonara

don't forget
Lol Harsha, you took a screenshot of your rating when you were watching me battle XD. I got to 1199, which isn't a lot, but I'll keep laddering and updating this as I go up in the ladder.

I want to join meh ik i just have 1 post and stuff but i'll be more active and stuffz but anyways here's my attempt to get in here, screenshot

that was before the reset though. Started laddering on DW again currently at 1434 will edit later if i get higher

Also Porii knows I'm good in DW just ask him/her idk :I

ugh it's not clear, but I got to 1343 2 weeks back with one of my own teams. Definitely interested in this.

I was introduced to DW only recently, but I have been hooked ever since. Now that I have returned full-time to Smogon, I have started contributing to analyses in the DW project, and I am also looking to increase my activity in DW DST. I am also an active presence on IRC, and while my ladder peaks are nothing spectacular [I got haxed down from the 1280s on another account], I ladder regularly.

Sup Tobes. This is Duece, as you may see. I'm extremely excited to see that you're looking for more DW council members. Look right here. I'm up for it. http://gyazo.com/74351fbfd2f83f3def269a9319dc0633 as you see there, I've peaked 1521, and still going. I know the meta well, I can keep up convo's, very focused, and a good sense of humor. I'm cyber-schooled so I'm always here. I hope you like this, because I'm very pumped for it. Duece's. EDIT: Rank #3, 1535 points. http://gyazo.com/f7f9bc1c0ad7816b07ecddd4a46bae34
EDIT: Rank #4, 1545 points. http://gyazo.com/74db9a954834a5acbc8d5d325040bef0
http://gyazo.com/f7f9bc1c0ad7816b07ecddd4a46bae34

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hey I actually will be pretty active for the next while, since I'm unemployed atm. so was wondering if I could have my spot back, I can edit this post with a pic of my current rank and such. I'm still pretty active in #dw and will start being more active on the forums as well.

yea not as impressive as some on here, but this is after 2 hours or so, I'll crank out some better ratings when I play some more :)

After some more consideration I have also added shrang and mostwanted; and due to ala's return to activity have reinstated him as well. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)