The Clear Skies Challenge

jrp

Banned deucer.
With Tobes' permission

I'll make the thread look pretty in a bit

Other tiers have challenges designed to expose potentially unknown strategies, so Anikrahman1995 and I came up with the idea for a ladder challenge to try in Ubers on IRC. Time and time, Kyogre and Groudon are high up on the ubers stats. It is clear that Ubers is a tier that is heavily dominated by weather. So what would happen if you took weather out of the equation? Basically the idea is to get as high on the ladder as possible without using a weather inducing Pokemon. This means that you may not use Kyogre, Groudon, Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Abomasnow (and Politoed/Ninetales) on your team.

Rules

• You must start this challenge with a fresh alt
  • The goal is to reach a Glicko2 score of 2000 with a standard deviation of 80. Once you reach this threshold, you are eligible for the Hall of Fame! All you need to do is post a screenshot of your ladder ranking and list your team, alongside a little blurb about your experiences
  • You may use moves that are related to the clause that is currently being tested. This means that evasion boosting moves are permitted.
  • Weather inducing moves are permitted for use

When you sign up, just list your forum name and the alt you will be using.

Signups
Level 51 - Level Cleared!
Sylth - Indoorsy
Anikrahman1995 - CloudyWeather
Faint - riza hawkeye
blackstardust - Smart Kid
Porygon2 - bonkers
Zaon - Clearskies

Hall of Fame
Anikrahman1995 2103 +/- 55

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Alt: Level Cleared!
Ladder Standing: None yet lol, I guess 1000
HoF Rank: Lol you wish

I cleared the challenge easily.

Let me talk about how I lost: Excadrill. 1) Will-o-wisp missed and it swept my team. 2) Iron Head flinches Giratina-O and it sweeps my team. My third loss was due to hax. Fourth loss was vs Garchomp in Sand. Both Draco Meteor from Latios and Ice Beam from Genesect missed.

EDIT: Here is an update of my rank:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)