Tournament The BH Open - Finals [Won by MAMP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV

Banned deucer.
Co-hosted with The Immortal.

Welcome to the BH Open!​

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • OM Grand Slam information can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Balanced Hackmons ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Replays should be posted alongside the result.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.

Pairings:

MAMP vs HeadsILoseTailsYouWin
HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs s0me1 b0red
s0me1 b0red vs MAMP

Please get this done ASAP!

Thank you to Arhops for contributing the artwork for this tournament!

Last edited:
Sorry for being such a pain over this, but Lax did not show up to our scheduled time (1pm my time). I had trouble accessing main server, so went on smogtours and asked if someone would see if he was on. I've uploaded a screenshot of the chat. I also contacted him here to ask to play on smogtours and got no response (this is also uploaded).

Attachments

I actually did show up at 1 pm your time time but you missed it. You weren't on smogon for like 30-45 min... I got too tired and gave up at that point after waiting and fell asleep. If he gets act win whatever lol

E: it said you had not been on for nearly a day when I gave up and you responded to our original meet time at 1:45, when out schedule was 1, one more thing: i don't own the acc "lax" so it would have said im offline, i think i actually had my comp still on
your story doesn't add up. look at the time in his screenshot, it's 1:24, and it says the smogon message was 45 minutes ago, which puts it much before 1 pm. similarly, as you can see in the other screenshot, he was on smogtours at 1 pm.

honestly, i'd say he gets the activity win. however, tagging Eevee General.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
hi idk if i have any say here but im waiting for playoffs to start so ill post to hopefully speed things up:

The way i see it is that lax has been actively trying to schedule with some1 for over two weeks now, and has been available quite a bit more often than him. lax has been free basically every day for the past two weeks and been ready to play, but some1 hasn't been available on the weekends aside from 5 AM Lax's time which is not a way to play in a tour. If anything Lax should just be getting the activity win because he's been more available and trying to be schedule for multiple times aside from just being available very early in the morning in the case of some1. I know I dont have any say here, so I would recommend The Immortal and Eevee General talk to a few TDs to see what the case for activity would be here, as it is definitely not as one sided as appears here.

Well, I'm just going to add some things here, not really to strengthen my case for an act win, but to correct slightly incorrect points/apologize for lack of availability.

Firstly, I apologize I haven't been on very frequently, for various personal reasons that I don't wish to go into I haven't been on as much as I'd like, which has made an already difficult to arrange tournament game even harder. There has been nothing I can do about this, so I apologize for that.

Rozes stated that Lax has actively tried to schedule for two weeks, which is not entirely accurate and he waited 3 days after I stated available times to try to schedule with me, and even that was vague until the Wednesday (after the deadline). Lax stated that I was unavailable after ~1 pm my time, which was actually ~6 pm my time. Either way this is irrelevant, but w/e. Also, Lax stated he does not have the name Lax on PS, but gave me no other name to ask for/find, and if he had got his timezone correct, the game would have been played.

EV

Banned deucer.
The TD I spoke to said I should grant s0me1 b0red the win due to Lax missing the scheduled time they'd agreed to at 1 PM. The mix-up over timezones is on Lax and not s0me1 bored's fault, and even though Lax had more availability, it doesn't make up for missing a pre-determined scheduled time that was supposed to work for both players. Sorry Lax. I hate that it came down to this.

Now let's get this done! I have final's art ready to go!
HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs s0me1 b0red
s0me1 b0red vs MAMP

Scores aren't updated, semifinalists earn 3 pts and finalists earn 5. This is actually incredibly close, as there is a(currently) 3-way tie for 5th through 7th, with 8th being at 10 points. (Speaking of, how does a tie work in the round-robin finals of an Open?)

Last edited:
Reactions: lax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)