The Best Pokemon for Max Raids

The 10% accuracy penalty is basically "accuracy STAB", and applies to Sheer Cold (but not the other OHKO moves) being used by a non-ice type, so Lapras never has to worry about that except in the rare case that it gets hit by Magic Powder. Ice-type opponents are completely immune to the move, as is anything with Sturdy.
Thanks for the correction. I was just skimming the Bulba page so I interpreted it wrong. Edited my post

A Gallade with Wide Guard is a great support mon to protect NPCs/online trainers. It's pretty much my go mon as long as the matchup isn't bad and the raid mon uses field wide moves.

On my own I usually just go with dragapult if not resisted, switching to something supereffective otherwise. Joining raids I go dragapult, eternatus, or zamazenta (would go with zacian if I had it).

Flygon with earth power has been great for toxtricity raids.

Something I'm curious about is whether spectral thief can steal boosts from behind the barrier. I haven't seen any YouTube videos about it, and I will be entirely unsurprised if it doesn't, but once home finally comes out I will certainly be using Marshadow a lot anyways and it will be a nice bonus if it can steal raid boss boosts :blobthumbsup:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
You can test that out with Home having released today!

A plethora of stuff can now be used in raids: Notable stuff including Marshadow, Melmetal, the Tao Trio + Kyurem's formes, Necrozma and its formes, Jirachi, the Musketeers, and Mewtwo. They can all Dynamax too.

You can test that out with Home having released today!

A plethora of stuff can now be used in raids: Notable stuff including Marshadow, Melmetal, the Tao Trio + Kyurem's formes, Necrozma and its formes, Jirachi, the Musketeers, and Mewtwo. They can all Dynamax too.
And you'd better believe I've been trying! But the game has thus far been keen on keeping its secrets. Only had time to play a few raids last night, and every time either i) the raid boss had a shield but no boosts when spectral thief went off, ii) the boss had boosts and the shield was down, or iii) the boss had boosts and shield was up but Marshadow hit itself in confusion because of g-smite -_-.

At least I can confirm that the boosts are stolen when the shield is down, as expected.

Will report if I ever succeed in hitting a boosted boss behind a barrier. :p

EDIT: Can now confirm that spectral thief steals boosts through barriers!

Last edited:
Although I'm not sure it matters too much what you bring to a Max Raid, aside from paying attention to obvious weaknesses, I've been enjoying Bisharp with Defiant. Since there are so many moves that knock your stats down, the attack boost kicks in pretty often. I put an assault vest on mine and love when Gengar sends out an Icy Wind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)