Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

Latios - #381 (Hasty) : 31 / 17, 19 / 25, 27 / 31 / 31 / 31

It's hasty and has a low Atk, which defeats the purpose of hasty, buttttt...Ugh. Opinions? The EQ damage calcs at 50 don't change muuuch. It's not like Latios is a physical sponge regardless? I'm simultaneously trying to talk myself into and out of keeping it.
True, but if you must use Hasty, which personally I wouldn't (for Ubers at least) when you have Soul Dew, I would have one of the 31s in attack at least, since that's the only reason to be Hasty. Otherwise you would go full special with Timid as most Latios sets. That's just me :)

True, but if you must use Hasty, which personally I wouldn't (for Ubers at least) when you have Soul Dew, I would have one of the 31s in attack at least, since that's the only reason to be Hasty. Otherwise you would go full special with Timid as most Latios sets. That's just me :)
It's for OU, there's just not a dedicated thread for SRing in that forum. I'll probably keep deliberating for a while and then ditch it tonight anyway. Patience is a virtue etc etc

Words cannot describe how fucking frustrated I am. I wanna take my 3DS and chuck it out of a window onto Masuda's head. Thank god for Powersaves so that I can just rebattle it again, but goddamn. I'm guessing Snarl/Thunderbolt/Volt Switch/Protect or something like that.

Timid Raikou: 29/x/31/31/31/31

No HP Ice or Grass or anything like that. I even encountered a useless Shiny while during my soft resets, and it's been three days. If only he had Ice Beam or something real, because clouds can produce Hail and whatnot. Well, back to soft resetting I guess. Fuck you game!!

Edit:

Timid Raikou: 28/x/31/30/31/31 HP Grass

I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!! I GOT IT!!

Last edited:
Is this useful for building anything?

Hasty, 30/31/31/31/31/29

Would this be able to make a similar build to the Rash one in the Smogon Strategy Dex, except with less special attack but more regular attack..? Or...something?
All suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello there!

Should I keep this Rayquaza?

Rayquaza - #384 (Naive)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 10 - 11
Speed: 30 - 31

Thank in advance. :)

Hello there!

Should I keep this Rayquaza?

Rayquaza - #384 (Naive)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 10 - 11
Speed: 30 - 31

Thank in advance. :)
Hmm, I guess you could consider it. If it were me though, I wouldn't, since I was very conflicted about almost the exact same Yveltal, and I ultimately decided against keeping it because I couldn't get past the low special defense. But to be honest, and even by Ubers standards, Rayquaza has no real switch-ins since its (relatively) average defenses, which you don't invest in anyway, doesn't allow for switch-ins even on resisted hits, so I guess from that perspective, it doesn't matter much. Still, I wouldn't keep it.

3 people at Reddit as well as Ksh13 from here telling me to keep it, so I've already saved it >_<

Thank you very much for the reply though!

3 people at Reddit as well as Ksh13 from here telling me to keep it, so I've already saved it >_<

Thank you very much for the reply though!
Yeah! Like I was saying, it's not like Rayquaza likes taking any hits in general, so in that sense, the defenses don't really matter. Nice one! :]

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Mew - #151 (Naive)
HP: 31
Attack:29
Defense: 31
Sp.Atk: 31
Sp.Def: 13
Speed: 31

Yay or nay?
I don't like offensive Mew, it's done better by the Latis even in OU. The Nature you want is one of the defensive ones, you don't need the speed boost and with how low that Special Defense is you'll actually have trouble having Mew do its job. I guess you might be able to get by with the doubles transform set, but even then I'd still suggest going for Jolly or Timid and having perfect or nearly perfect defenses.

I don't like offensive Mew, it's done better by the Latis even in OU. The Nature you want is one of the defensive ones, you don't need the speed boost and with how low that Special Defense is you'll actually have trouble having Mew do its job. I guess you might be able to get by with the doubles transform set, but even then I'd still suggest going for Jolly or Timid and having perfect or nearly perfect defenses.
Thanks dude. Will come back with a better set. Sucks that I can't synchronize for event legendaries, but oh well.

Should I keep this Thundurus?

Thundurus - #642 (Timid) Hidden Power : ICE
HP : 18
Attack : 31
Defense :26
SP.Atk : 31
SP.Def : 27
Speed : 31

Iv'e been reseting for this thing forever and this is the first decent thundurus i have gotten with HP Ice.

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Mew: 31 / 1 / 31 / 24 / 31 / 30, Calm Nature

Is this good enough? What's a good moveset for this if I can't access Defog or Soft-Boiled?

Mew: 31 / 1 / 31 / 24 / 31 / 30, Calm Nature

Is this good enough? What's a good moveset for this if I can't access Defog or Soft-Boiled?
Sorry didn't see until now, but toss. Unfortunately, it's not a matter of if, because Defog and Soft-Boiled are transfer only, therefore not an option. But defensive sets still work well with Will-o-Wisp, Taunt, Knock Off, or the many other support moves that it has access to. And you can have Roost. Will-o-Wisp is the premier status move of choice though because it can cripple Pursuit users, which it hates. But it's not as though Mew has no other options, but being "only" 100 base stats across the board but pure Psychic hampers it in many roles that other Pokemon can do better, including its other fellow base 100 all around friends.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Sorry didn't see until now, but toss. Unfortunately, it's not a matter of if, because Defog and Soft-Boiled are transfer only, therefore not an option. But defensive sets still work well with Will-o-Wisp, Taunt, Knock Off, or the many other support moves that it has access to. And you can have Roost. Will-o-Wisp is the premier status move of choice though because it can cripple Pursuit users, which it hates. But it's not as though Mew has no other options, but being "only" 100 base stats across the board but pure Psychic hampers it in many roles that other Pokemon can do better, including its other fellow base 100 all around friends.
I mean it's workable for OU, since you can run psychic instead of knock off in order to be a better Keldeo and Mega Lopunny answer. It's also significantly more effective vs Mega Venusaur, and paired with taunt can let Mew beat Clefable in a much more reasonable number of turns. Knock Off is absolutely a better support move, but what he's got is very usable in my opinion.

Mild Diancie
22-23/31/20-21/31/31/31

You'll never know unless you ask. Soft-resetting for this bitch is a pain. Been doing this on and off for a while now.

Edit: Tossed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)