Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

What should I generally go for when soft resetting for a Dialga? I'm already leading the party with a modest synchronizer but for IVs should I go for 31 in Hp, Speed and Special attack with the rest(Outside of attack) being 28 and above?

What should I generally go for when soft resetting for a Dialga? I'm already leading the party with a modest synchronizer but for IVs should I go for 31 in Hp, Speed and Special attack with the rest(Outside of attack) being 28 and above?
Well yeah. Since attack is irrelevant and you're already guaranteed three 31s, you only need to aim high for two other stats (the defenses), and let me tell you, that's MUCH easier than going for a six IV.

I meant more like the specifics. Like, if 26 or 27 is fine too or if it specifically should be 28 or up. Basically, how low is too low? Cause now I have "Dialga - #483 (Modest) : 31 / 31 / 20 - 21 / 31 / 26 - 27 / 31" but that 20-21 probably is too low.

I meant more like the specifics. Like, if 26 or 27 is fine too or if it specifically should be 28 or up. Basically, how low is too low? Cause now I have "Dialga - #483 (Modest) : 31 / 31 / 20 - 21 / 31 / 26 - 27 / 31" but that 20-21 probably is too low.
Well that's subjective, but 20-21 would be too low in my opinion.

With a lot of calcs on various 'mons I've found that 30 and 31 amount to the same OHKO odds. Not sure if this is the case once you add Soul Dew into the mix, however.

I think the 2nd one is probably better, but yeah they're both great.

Here's a tough one. Keep or toss:

Yveltal, mild 31/31/31/31/31/29-30
Omg why wouldn't you keep that?! The only issue is I guess the speed but it's not really, considering it lands on a unique 99 base speed. If anything you can outspeed the neutral base 90s, which just require a few more EVs than were you to have 31 IV in speed. Keep!!!

I did keep. Something about the low stat being speed drives me nuts though.
You're just probably used to speed being important, which it is, but not in the case of Yveltal that you absolutely need to speed tie something since it can't hope to beat positive base 100s or higher, so it rarely runs a speed nature. That's why you tackle the other big speed tier in Ubers (base 90s), and run enough to guarantee outspeedng neutral natured ones. In the case of 29-30 IV, it's just a difference of 4 or 8 EVs, so no big deal. It would be the same result if your low stat ended up on something other than speed, since you'd lose a stat point or two there anyways! :)

So I got this suicune in Alpha Sapphire

Bold 31/26/31/31/26-27/24-25

I was wondering if made the right choice of saving lol. I kind of wish its sp atk and sp def would switch (or sp atk and speed) but i kept it. I was just wondering how consequentual those 4-5 sp def points are? It took me a while to get it lol

Also I have this lugia with all 31 perfect stats @ bold except for attack and hp. HP being 23 and attack being 26. I dont care for attack but would those 8 hp points being gone be bad? Thanks

Landorus - #645 (Adamant) : 26 - 27 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 26 / 31

I should probably settle for this, right? It's going to be for a Landorus-T in battle spot doubles.

Just picked up a Darkrai event I had no idea was happening. Got this on the millionth try; keep or toss?

18-19/10-11/24-25/31/31/31
Naive
HP Dragon

Since Darkrai's HP is of a low base 70 and it often runs sash, I ws thinking about keeping, especially Synchronise doesn't work with Darkrai (or I'm extremely unlucky).

Edit: Tossed.

Last edited:
How2DarkraiEvent? Is it OR/AS only, and what method?

Anyway yeah, that was a tosser (not in the British sense).
I went into my local Game store and found a promo about Darkrai, so got a code. It's for XY + ORAS. First I knew about it was when I went in Game.

Edit: Just checked Serebii, it's UK only, and the same one that was given out in Japan in 2014.

(Timid) Mewtwo
HP:Dark
[27/9/31/29/31/31]

Not going for the Mega, just sticking with Life Orb. Would that SPA29 change any KOs? Or can I do better?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)