Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

About to reset for Groudon and I'm wondering what synchroniser to use. I'm not sure if I want to go mixed wallbreaker, RP or SD yet, and would preferably like to be able to change between them. I'm not sure if I should sacrifice bulk or S.Atk or just go for a serious one. What nature would be better for me?
U mean a neutral nature?
Cuz thats always a no.

I'd go for Adamant but thats just me,

s0me1 b0red I second Dizzybanana21x's recommendation, go Adamant if you're not sure.

Rock Polish / Swords Dance / DoubleDance / ParaDance all run Adamant. That's clearly your best bet if you're unsure. Hell, STAB + sun-boosted Overheat / Fire Blast actually still hurt coming from a -SpA nature, so you really needn't worry about the minor power drop anyway.

RE: Serious - seriously? You don't ever want to run a neutral nature. >.>

I just got the this rayquaza and I'm not sure whether to keep it or toss it.

Naive
30-31/30-31/30-31/30-31/20-21/30-31

what do you guys think?
I'd keep it. With a naive nature, it's not going to be playing up it's S.Def IV, which is reasonable anyway.

Small tip for anyone going for Azelf: Bring Sableye or at the least a taunter. I've gone in underprepared and it's getting extremely annoying.

Holy Goo of Goomy I'd say it's good enough. Normally I'd tell people to check for 31 Spe, but MixQuaza only runs 216 EVs right now so you're probably good either way. Although the SpD is a bit of a bummer, everything else is (basically?) perfect.

Azelf (Naive)
HP Steel

31/31/31/7/24/27

The S.Atk is annoying, I'd have gone Jolly if I hadn't of wanted to keep my option of a NP set open, but my main concern is speed. I believe all it misses out on is ties with 115's, but IDK. Is this good enough?

Edit: Just checked ad saw it outspeeds max Serp, and all it misses out on are 115 ties and Swoobat (like I care).

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to soft reset for a Trick Room Quiet Heatran and got one right now with these stats:

30-31 / 26-27 / 30-31 / 30-31 / 30-31 / 16-19.

Should I keep it or is it too fast?

Azelf (Naive)
HP Steel

31/31/31/6-7/24-25/26-27

The S.Atk is annoying, I'd have gone Jolly if I hadn't of wanted to keep my option of a NP set open, but my main concern is speed. I believe all it misses out on is ties with 115's, but IDK. Is this good enough?
Toss easily. For a mixed attacker, having a 6-7 in an offense is absurdly low. And speed is the most important stat for Azelf. 115 is a competitive speed tier. Tbh, i'd at minimum go for 20+/31/20+/31/20+/31 You are guarenteed 3 perfect IVs. I am sure you can get something decent fairly easily.

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to soft reset for a Trick Room Quiet Heatran and got one right now with these stats:

30-31 / 26-27 / 30-31 / 30-31 / 30-31 / 16-19.

Should I keep it or is it too fast?
Hmm... check the hidden power, but I'd say it works. Though a slower speed wouldn't hurt. Heatran has base 77 speed which is faster than most TR users

Toss easily. For a mixed attacker, having a 6-7 in an offense is absurdly low. And speed is the most important stat for Azelf. 115 is a competitive speed tier. Tbh, i'd at minimum go for 20+/31/20+/31/20+/31 You are guarenteed 3 perfect IVs. I am sure you can get something decent fairly easily.

Hmm... check the hidden power, but I'd say it works. Though a slower speed wouldn't hurt. Heatran has base 77 speed which is faster than most TR users
Thanks for the reply, Dizzybanana21x!

I actually aimed for a Jolly, I had a Sync Kirlia. Is Mixed inferior to Physical? What would be a good EV spread for this one? Haven't decided whether to keep it yet.

Thanks

I actually aimed for a Jolly, I had a Sync Kirlia. Is Mixed inferior to Physical? What would be a good EV spread for this one? Haven't decided whether to keep it yet.

Thanks
You can still go physicalwith this one, I just assumed you wanted mixed 'cause of nature.Neither set is inferior, They just fill different roles. Phys sets are normally set up sweepers while mixed are usually wallbreakers. I can't give you EVs rn, I'm on my phone, but calc standard edited to have the right speed is probably the best EVs you can run, but they're not the only ones, you can calc relevant threats to see if you prefer different EVs.

If you've got your heart set on physical, I'd reset. If you don't care or have someone who's willing to trade it for a physical one, then it's fine.

Last I checked, MixQuaza runs 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe.

Just note: Your Ray needs 234 EVs to make up for the lost speed. I'd actually advise 238 though, as it gets the 2 point jump if your IV is 26. If 27, go for 234.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)