The All Stars Metagame V2: Enter the PU (A pokemon from each tier)

I've deleted several posts that want to completely change how this OM works. That's not the point of OM threads. Discuss the metagame; don't make suggestions to fundamentally change it.

This metagame was made before PU existed so it rightly doesn't have PU. X5Dragon can update it to include PU.
Thanks Immortal, I apologize for not sticking close by RL forced me off of competitive play for the last 2 years but I'm getting back to the scene :)

Congrats to PU fans, as stated in the intro we want a meta that challenges the player to the max thinking of ways to implement playstyles with all tiers into consideration and at the same time a way to play with your favorites on equal grounds. Who knows, maybe this will be the benchmark of how smogon determines the very best in the future.

Anyway, couple of thoughts:

1) Massive OP update, V2 new team rules, replays, tournament 1 hall of fame, etc. check it out.
2) Placing the OM in your tags can help find you matches/buddies, also we want replays of the new meta (V2)
3) We can plan an OM Room session and hear out all thoughts, we'll see
4) Tournament 2 TBD and rules will be changed to Bo3, Loser bracket, etc.

Have fun ^_^!

Just one thing: why 2 UU pokemon and not two of another tier?
I REALLY like this idea. A LOT.
Thanks! The idea was for the middle tier pokemon to act as a buffer/containment/support for the single OU mon in the format, but with the addition of a PU pokemon there was disagreement on whether to make it 2 RU pokemon (and no Mega from OU) or 2 UU mons. We will use this for now until we gather more data. Always welcoming any feedback or suggestions..

Edit: More explanation: We would literally want any pokmeon from OU to PU to be playable/used.

Last edited:
Heads up folks, there is gonna be an All Star tournament #2, sign ups begin at 12 October. A lil note, this time it will be BO3, so be prepared!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)