Resource The 2021 Monotype Tournament Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Just like in previous years, for 2021, Monotype players will be able to compete for a prize ribbon that shows who is the best individual tournament player of the year! To reach this goal, players will have to participate in a series of tournaments displaying different skills, performing their best to earn as many circuit points as possible. At the end of the year, there will be a playoffs featuring the 16 players with the most circuit points. The winner of the playoffs will be crowned the 2021 Monotype Circuit Champion and receive this ribbon and will remain colored until another player becomes the circuit champion in a future year:

We will keep track of circuit points using a rankings page.

Signups Schedule:
  • Spring Seasonal - January 4th
  • Monotype Generations Tournament - February 8th
  • Summer Seasonal - April 19th
  • Monotype Ladder Tournament - Laddering begins July 26th, Playoffs begin August 23rd
  • Fall Seasonal - August 2nd
Playoffs - November 29th

Playoffs Information:
The top 16 players will qualify based on circuit points. All ties will be broken using each player's win rate over all of their sets played first.

If there is a tie that cannot be resolved in this way, a tiebreaker bracket will be created, or the seeding may be randomized if both players agree. The bracket creation is described here. All games for the tiebreaker and the playoffs will be single elimination bo3 SS Monotype.

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
As with last year we went ahead and made usage stats for all our Circuit tournaments. There's a chance these will not be made again next year so use and honor them while you can!

Spring Seasonal | Monotype Generations | Summer Seasonal | Fall Seasonal

^^ Please use these if you want to see the usage for a specific tournament! ^^

Unlike last year though, I made another sheet that has all the data from every Circuit tournament so you can see a more comprehensive stat spread and you do not have to roam from one sheet to another for player stats. This would not have been possible without Milak's help with the Spring and Summer sheets so please say ty to him if you haven't done so already. Also, I want to say ty to Jolly Togekiss ^-^ for helping me come up with improvements to the sheet.

Monotype Circuit 2021 Usage

I added another page that has extra stats on a player's record because the original one is filled to the brim. Be respectful if you change the tournament limiter on the Stats page! It changes pretty much the entire sheet so it takes a while to load. If I see or hear people are misusing it I will take it away. The lower bound is set in stone as Fall while the upper bounds can be changed between Spring through MLT.

With Milak stepping down from everything I am the only editor on all these sheets so come to me via Discord (Ticken#8967) if there are any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)