Tetrabilities

Magikarp
Swift Swim / Rattled / Simple / Adaptability

Gyarados

Intimidate / Moxie / Anger Point / Enraged*

Enraged* - Berserk variant that boosts Atk instead of SpA

Justification: Magikarp is a very basic fish that can live in dirty water, while Gyarados is well known for its destructive rage.
Competitive: Gyarados probably prefers Moxie over Enraged since Moxie can activate multiple times in battle, allowing it to snowball.

Feebas
Swift Swim / Oblivious / Adaptability / Unaware

Milotic

Marvel Scale / Competitive / Cute Charm / Becalming Beauty*

Becalming Beauty* - Intimidate variant that reduces SpA instead of Atk

Justification: Unaware because Feebas is "slow and dimwitted." Becalming Beauty is based on Milotic's entries stating that its appearance soothes hearts and weakens the will to fight in people and Pokemon.
Competitive: Becalming Beauty allows Milotic to weaken opposing special attackers on switching in, which when combined with its 95 / 125 special bulk, can make it difficult to break through on the special side.

Tynamo
Levitate / Swift Swim / Volt Absorb / Hydration

Eelektrik

Levitate / Swift Swim / Volt Absorb / Hydration

Eelektross

Levitate / Swift Swim / Volt Absorb / Tough Claws

Justification
: Swift Swim and Volt Absorb because they are Electric-types that normally live in the water. Eelektross gets Tough Claws because of the little claws on its arms, which neither of its prevolutions has (not Strong Jaw because it only gets Crunch).
Competitive: Eelektross benefits greatly from Tough Claws, boosting the power of its Coil sets by boosting the power of a lot of its moves like Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Superpower, and Knock Off.

Wishiwashi
Schooling / Swift Swim / Rain Dish / Regroup*

Regroup* - Schooling plus Regenerator

Justification: Swift Swim and Rain Dish because it's a fish. Regroup refers to them retreating when injured to bring the school back together.
Competitive: Since Wishiwashi's Solo form is its base form, only Regroup helps, allowing it to regain its School form if too much health is lost.

Last edited:

Magikarp
Swift Swim / Rattled / Wimp Out / Immunity

Gyarados

Intimidate / Moxie / Anger Point / Sheer Force

Enraged* - Berserk variant that boosts Atk instead of SpA

Justification: Magikarp while being weak can also survive in any water, even in polluted waters hence the Immunity. Wimp Out is mainly because it is always mentioned to be pathetic. Gyarados is all about anger, so Anger Point makes sense, while Sheer Force connects to its Dex entries detailing how it is a destructive force when on a rampage.
Competitive: Anger Point is mostly for flavour, but Sheer Force can lead to stronger Waterfalls and Life Orb sets.

Feebas
Swift Swim / Oblivious / Adaptability / Sturdy

Milotic

Marvel Scale / Competitive / Cute Charm / Multiscale

Justification
: Feebas can live in any body of water, and is mentioned to be quite hardy and tenacious, so Sturdy fits. Milotic is all about scales and evolves with a Prism Scale, so Multiscale is a nice fit as an alternate to Marvel Scale.
Competitive: More bulk when in full health! Goes well with having access to Recover- if only it had a boosting move like Calm Mind or something though..

Tynamo
Levitate / Static / Immunity / Dry Skin

Eelektrik

Levitate / Volt Absorb / Poison Heal / Dry Skin

Eelektross

Levitate / Volt Absorb / Poison Heal / Dry Skin

Justification
: Eelektross line is all about draining health so all the new abilities are health-related. Volt Absorb because it's Electric-themed, Poison Heal because it has access to Poison moves like Acid Spray and Dry Skin refers to its aquatic-based design (and makes it a nice Rain-team counter).
Competitive: Water immunity in Dry Skin is pretty useful, making it a nice check for Rain teams although it gets a Fire/Sun weakeness. In contrast, Volt Absorb gives it an Electric immunity without a draw back. Poison Heal is decent although it's not the tankiest, immunity to other status effects while Poisoned and health recovery is useful.

Wishiwashi
Schooling / Hydration / Intimidate / Multiscale

Justification
: Aquatic Pokemon = Hydration makes sense. Intimidate is mostly when in the School form, since even Gyarados won't say for long in the presence of the combined school. Multiscale because multiple Wishiwashi...so it has many scales, get it?
Competitive: Rest + Hydration will keep it healthy and works well with the School form stats. Intimidate is for team support and general physical bulkiness while Multiscale is a good all-purpose defensive buff when at full health- while the defensive stats are high it's HP and Spd can still make it an easy target.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist

Magikarp
Swift Swim / Oblivious / Rattled / Water Veil

Gyarados

Intimidate / Defiant / Moxie / Hustle

Oblivious and Defiant are so hilariously opposed in concept that I just couldn't choose anything else. Also, Defiant reflects Milotic's Competitive. Hustle could be interesting in some sets needing immediate power.

Feebas
Swift Swim / Oblivious / Adaptability / Weak Armor

Milotic

Marvel Scale / Competitive / Cute Charm / Color Shield*

Color Shield:
Solid Rock clone — This pokemon receives 3/4 damage from neutral attacks.

Color Shield is an ability to differentiate Milotic from other mons in the "bulky water-type" archetype. Weak armor is a call to the fact that Feebas is extremely adaptive and hard to kill.

Tynamo
Levitate / Swift Swim / Suction Cups / Immunity

Eelektrik

Levitate / Swift Swim / Strong Jaw / Toxic Boost

Eelektross

Levitate / Swift Swim / Strong Jaw / Toxic Boost

Swim Swift is the way to make Eelektross somewhat viable. I also wanted to give Toxic Boost to more mons than just Zangoose. Strong Jaw doesn't really have any use but it's fitting.

Wishiwashi
Schooling / Hydratation / Intimidate / Regenerator

Instead of giving even more power to this little killing machine, I focused on defensive capabilities instead. Intimidate was created for that pokemon, Hydratation fits for a water mon even if it's really situational and Regenerator because the fishes could just increase the size of the schooling behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Magikarp-line

Sturdy/Torrent -> Desolate (Dragon -ate)/Berserk

Magikarp is supposed to be tough to kill and able to become powerful after weathering hardship despite being pathetic. Gayrados can now embrace it's dragon side for stronger coverage or get stronger on the special side (it is always described as going Berserk)

Feebas-line

Stench -> Queenly Majesty

The Feebas-line goes from ugly and gross to gorgeous. Immunity to priority gives Nilotic more chances to Recover.

Tynamo-line

Clear Body/Swift Swim/Illuminate -> Vampire (Strong Jaw clone for Draining moves)/Water Absorb/Strong Jaw -> Vampire/Water Absorb/Strong Jaw

Tynamo is clear and looks like it is swimming quickly. But it's evolved forms have big teeth and suck things. They can get a damage boost, longevity, or a mixture.

Wishiwashi

Ruminate (Psychic -ate)/Parental Bond/Stamina

I decided to represent the mental link with some psychic coverage, the ability to gang up on enemies for double attacks and the ability to call for backup over time to raise defense (Admittedly, Schooling is likely to be the default used)

Anyway, it's been too long, so let's vote

Magikarp line: Solarblade, Origin0, Sereg
Feebas line: Solarblade, Origin0, Gravity Monkey
Tynamo line: Gravity Monkey, Solarblade, Origin0
Wishiwashi: Gravity Monkey, Solarblade, Origin0

Magikarp-line: Solarblade, Origin0, Gravity Monkey
Feebas-line: Absol-ution, Solarblade, Origin0
Tynamo-line: Origin0, Solarblade, Absol-ution
Wishiwashi: Gravity Monkey, Solarblade, Absol-ution

I was hoping for more votes, but congratulations to Solarblade for winning with Magikarp and Feebas and Gravity Monkey for winning with Wishiwashi.

We need a tiebreaker for the Tynamo-line between Origin0 and Solarblade.

Let's show anticipation for the upcoming games with the next slate:

Almost Galar

Let's get some abilities for

Passimian

The Bunneary-line

And Kecleon

I have a couple of questions to ask about this Pet Mod:

1. Do different formes of a single Pokémon (such as Midday, Midnight, and Dusk Lycanroc) have separate Ability slots, or do they all get the same 4 Abilities?
  2. Is the creation of brand-new Abilities that are not identical to existing Abilities, but are direct variations of existing Abilities allowed? (For example: Frighten (Intimidate that lowers Special Attack instead of Attack); Spirit Power (Pure Power that doubles Special Attack instead of Attack); Unwavering Soul (Guts that boosts Special Attack instead of Attack (and also does not prevent burns from reducing Attack)).)

1. They have to share abilities and abilities that were form-locked stay that way.

2. Yes, they are allowed.

Well, I was hoping for other subs by now, but I'll submit my own and hope that encourages more

Passimian

Gardener (Grass-type Steelworker-clone)/Harvest

Passimian uses berries for their balls and helmets, so they can now better abuse berries or strengthen their grass coverage.

Bunneary-line

Fluffy

They certainly have fluffy patches on them and this will help Lopunny get in pre-mega if you're willing to add a fire weakness.

Kecleon

Illusion/Blend (calls Camouflage upon entering the field)

Kecleon's spying capabilities now mean it can pull off Zoroark's mindgames or take advantage of Terrain to gain a desirable typing.

With no other subs, I guess I win by default. That is not what I wanted and is a bad sign. Hoping participation picks up. Maybe we can redo that slate later if necessary.

Meanwhile, other Galar mon have been shown, so I can make a new slate with the same theme.

So let's see new abilities for the mareep-line, murkrow-line and torkoal

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader

Mareep
Static / Plus / Fur Coat / Lightning Rod

Flaaffy
Static / Plus / Fur Coat / Lightning Rod

Ampharos
Static / Plus / Electric Surge / Lightning Rod

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist

Murkrow
Insomnia / Super Luck / Prankster / Pickpocket

Honchkrow
Insomnia / Super Luck / Moxie / Merciless

Torkoal
White Smoke / Drought / Shell Armor / Coal Gather*

*Coal Gather: Flash Fire clone — Immune to Rock and Ground moves, boost to fire moves if it by one of them.

Sorry about the delay.

Mareep-line: Fluffy, Relaxant* -> Fluffy, Relaxant* -> Dazzling, No Guard

*Relaxant: Calls Yawn upon entry

Flaafy is Fluffy! This helps it use Eviolite to tank hits, or it can force switches or sleep from the foe counting sheep. When fully evolved, it acts as a bright and guiding lighthouse, so it can block priority or spam Zap-Cannon.

Murkrow-line: Pickpocket -> Glint Chaser*

*Glint Chaser: Motor Drive clone for Steel

This Mon loves to steal shiny things, meaning in LC it could steal Eviolite and when fully evolved, it gains an immunity that makes it faster and makes it immune to three types.

Torkoal: Storm Drain

Giving up Drought is rough, but acting as a boiler turns a weakness into an immunity that makes it stronger

Time for votes!

I was hoping for more votes, but I guess the winners are AquaticPannic for the Mareep-line and Gravity Monkey for Torkoal and the Murkrow-line.

To continue with our theme, the next slate is:

Sableye, the Snubbull-line, the Larvitar-line and the Roggenrolla-line

Sableye: Lithovore (Sap Sipper clone for Rock)

Sableye eats rocks. This lets it come in more easily prior to going mega if you are willing to sacrifice Prankster.

Snubbull-line: Strong Jaw

With its powerful looking fangs and dog-like nature, this Mon really hurts those it sinks its teeth into. This helps boost its coverage.

Larvitar-line: Lithovore (Sap Sipper clone for Rock), Gluttony -> Rocket Boost (Motor Drive clone for Fire), Tinted Lens, Aerilate -> Filter, Sheer Force

Larvitar eats mountains, giving it an extra immunity or making berries easier to use in LC. Pupitar is bug-like, but flies around with gas and destroys mountains with a Normal attack. As such, it can penetrate resistances, gain coverage, or add an immunity. Tyranitar is supposed to be "immune" to attacks, so it's weaknesses are reduced. Or it can tap into its destructive nature for a damage boost.

Roggenrolla-line: Compression (Water Compaction clone for Ground) -> Own Tempo -> Solar Power

Roggenrolla is compressed in the earth to become hard, allowing it to gain a boost if hit by a weakness. Boldore runs side to side to its own beat. Confusion immunity is not great, but it is something. Gigalith is enhanced by the power of.the Sun, giving it a second weather to use

Other submissions?

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist

Sableye
Keen Eye / Prankster / Stall / Clear Body

Other gem-related mons like the Regis or Diancie have Clear Body as an ability, so I thought it made sense

Larvitar
Guts / Rough Skin / Sand Veil / Soil Eater*

Pupitar

Shed Skin / Rough Skin / Solid Rock / Overcoat

Tyranitar

Sand Stream / Rough Skin / Unnerve / Soil Eater*

*Soil Eater — Destroys terrains upon switching in. The pokemon restores 1/3rd of its total HP if a terrain is destroyed.

Larvitar is the "Rock Skin pokemon", an attribute that all the family line keeps, hence Rough Skin. Solid Rock because Pupitar is solid lol is extremely durable, kinda same thing for overcoat. Soil Eater at the same time a great pun (don't @ me), a reminder of Larvitar and Tyranitar's way of evolving according to pokedex entries and a way to give more utility to our big boi (though he really has to be wary about switching in when Tapus are on the field.)

I'm all right with Sereg's for the two others

Time to vote!

Which means my Snubbull-line and Roggenrolla-line win by default.

For the other two, I vote Gravity Monkey, Sereg

Okay, so we still need tiebreakers, but meanwhile, a slate based on a video by MandJTV for some Mon who could really benefit from the premise of this mod.

The frillish-line as Damp is an ability that works best on ghosts.

Then Deliver, because it is important to have both Vital Spirit and Insomnia

Next, the Litleo-line, as you really want special attackers to have Moxie.

And finally, the Klink-line, as one needs to have both Plus and Minus

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Okay, so we still need tiebreakers, but meanwhile, a slate based on a video by MandJTV for some Mon who could really benefit from the premise of this mod.

The frillish-line as Damp is an ability that works best on ghosts.

Then Deliver, because it is important to have both Vital Spirit and Insomnia

Next, the Murkrow-line, as you really want special attackers to have Moxie.

And finally, the Klink-line, as one needs to have both Plus and Minus
Murkrow line is mixed tho. Pyroar, on the other hand...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)