Technical projects and copyright

I'm currently working on an app for Pokemon, and I have a few questions about copyright issues. I'll ask general questions so that others who are working on apps can benefit from the answers as well.
  1. How should you declare a copyright? Do you just say something like 'All [sprites, Pokemon, etc.] are property of the Pokemon Company'? Is there precise wording one needs to worry about? Where should we put it (home page vs. bottom of every page)?
  2. To the best of your knowledge, what specifically falls under the copyright? I would imagine that Pokemon sprites/icons do, but what about other assets (e.g. at this GitHub repo)? For example, the icons for Pokemon types, menu icons, sound effects, [EDIT: and fonts] etc. I would also think that numerical/textual game data (like the power/types of moves, chances of secondary effects, etc.) is OK.
  3. Would it be legal to put a donation link in my app, even if it uses copyrighted material? I would imagine that I couldn't legally sell my app, but it would be nice to give users the option to support the me/the app, esp. if I'm handling the server costs myself. I'm not sure what the etiquette in this community is concerning donation links...
I don't expect anyone here to be copyright experts, so I guess one should take all the answers here with a grain of salt. Also, I'm thinking about copyright specifically for the kind of apps in this section (team builders, set statistics, etc.), rather than ROM hacks/CAP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)