Project Teambuilding Lab V2

:starmie::klefki::dhelmise::tornadus::flygon::diancie:

alright starting off with the starmie set I decided to use natural cure > analytic as I think the ability to trade damage for a toxic from bulky waters/steels is a much more useful quality right now than some extra damage on the switch would be. after starmie I added klefki as a steel type and a spiker which seemed extremely good paired with starmie due to the switches it forces, the next addition was dhelmise as a spinblocker and my own form of hazard control. in addition to this, dhelmise provides a ground resist and honestly a really good breaker as well. tornadus was the next mon on the team as it forces in bulky steels and rocks for starmie to take advantage of, I decided to use itemless acro torn in order to both take advantage of a possible defiant boost but also to have a poltergeist immunity. i then needed a ground type so i added dd flygon as a nice sweeper after starmie, torn, and dhelmise have been able to weaken the opposing team in combination with spikes from klefki. and lastly i added diancie as rocks and a solid fire resist.

changes you can consider are analytic on starmie (although i recommend against it) and perhaps scarf flygon if u feel the need for it. this team is super fun and so is LO starmie so i hope you like the team!
tysm! btw, what are the def evs + impish nature do on diancie?

Hello, friends. :sphearical:

I would like to request a Fighting spam team featuring Bewear :Bewear: and one other Fighting-type of your choosing. Given type spam teams can be difficult to construct, I don’t wanna put too many limitations on you with respect to the Bewear set; it can be SD, Choice Band, Bulk Up, or even something deranged. Whatever you think works best is fine with me so long as it has the fluffy boi.

I love type spam teams stylistically and aesthetically, but I’ve never been very good at building them, so hoping I can learn something through osmosis here. Thank you in advance.

C0nfiden1 0yster

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
is a Pre-Contributor
RUPL Champion
JoJonaseh
(Paste in spites)
:ss/golisopod::bw/reuniclus::bw/metagross::bw/crobat::bw/nidoqueen::bw/umbreon:

~~anyone know how to get pod's bw spirte?~~

You requested a Golisopod Reuniclus Balance/BO and I have exactly that for you! This core, although seemingly basic at first, it was a bit weird for me at least as generally I use Golisopod on more offensive teams and Reuniclus on more defensive teams. Despite this, the two match well together as Golisopod can stand up to the dark-types Reuniclus fears. Reuniclus on the other hand, offers status absorption.

Supporting the core, Scarf Metagross takes the stage as it can trick it's scarf onto bulky waters that can wall Golisopod, or use Haze to negate Reuniclus' Calm Minds. I take this idea from eifo's sample team which also consists of the two mons you wanted a team around. Metagross also serves as the team's steel type, so against opposing Gardeviors, you must be careful to keep it healthy (or have a sequence in mind to wish pass).

The last three members mainly fill in the gaps. Crobat offers a Bug resist for opposing Golisopod whilst being the sole hazard remover of the team. Toxic is run over U-turn to help pressure Dark types like Incineroar and Umbreon. Nidoqueen is the ground type and is key to stopping Xurkitree, who can rip through the core otherwise. It runs an offensive set with Thunder to pressure Milotics and Vaporeons better. Last slot is Umbreon serving as a knock absorber and a wish passer. Umbreon helps strengthen the defensive core, particularly on the special side, which can be vital in outlasting your opponents and waiting for the opportunity to sweep with Reun.

Other Options:
In testing I liked Aqua Jet on Golisopod, but you may exchange it for Liquidation or Leech Life. Reuniclus runs a Rocky Helmet instead of the typical Leftovers to help discourage Crobat's Uturns. This team does not have a rock type to lean back on for Crobat and the Steel Type is Scarf Metagross so Helmet will prevent Crobat mindlessly U-turning. However, if Incineroar becomes too much of an issue, feel free to run Colbur Berry. U-turn can be run on Crobat instead of Toxic if you feel the need, tho toxic helps with the aforementioned Darks.

Weaknesses:
Incineroar is incredibly good against this team tho the matchup is not impossible as there are tools to help. Firstly if the Incineroar is running standard set and without SD, Reuniclus beats it 1v1 (tho not on the switch unless Colbur). Metagross does have Earthquake and Crobat does have Toxic and is specifically EV'ed to help with Incin Knock. You also have the Nido tho it does not switch in very well. The key to the Incin mu is to play aggressively and don't sit with Umbreon too much. Incin teams are unlikely to have wish passers of their own so any chip will go a long way.
Other Dark types like Pangoro can also pose a threat but the mu is not impossible either as there is a crobat. Again just play aggressively and don't sit on Umbreon too much

That's all I got, Hope you Enjoy the Team!

hi friends :) i'm requesting an offense team based around Choice Band Entei and Chople Berry Swords Dance Bewear!
Sorry this took a while but here's a team with CB Entei and SD Chople Bear https://pokepast.es/b65dfe602bac696b

Bewear + Entei is interesting because using Bewear over other Fighters like Heracross, made it challenging to cover for as much, since Bewear doesn't check Reuniclus. But Bewear does complement Entei as a wallbreaker and the Golisopod switch-in + not being revenge killed by fighters are good traits for this team. Choice Band Entei is Stealth Rock weak, so we have a Rapid Spin user in Tsareena which is an offensive threat in its own right and checking Water-types is important here. It's equipped with a Lum Berry, so it's not immediately ruined by a Scald burn. Golisopod gives a ground resist, Flygon check, Reuniclus check, Knock Off to remove Crobat's boots making it vulnerable to Stealth Rock. Golisopod has Aqua Jet over Liqudation here to try and help more against Fire-types like Salazzle and Chandelure on a team lacking in good Fire resists. Choice Scarf Noivern is here in large part due to rain, it outpaces Kingdra even in rain and KOs it. Switcheroo also means you don't totally suck into more defensive teams, and another Dragon Dance Flygon revenge killer is good. Ground-type, Steel-type, and Stealth Rock user is all compressed by Steelix, it's good to check Gardevoir, Xurkitree, etc and have Stealth Rock.

You do have to be careful against Milotic with this team when your best switch-in is a non-healing hazard vulnerable Tsareena, but in my experience it's possible.

Hello, Is it possible to make a semistall/Bulky Ballance team with AV Reuniclus, Vileplume and Incineroar? I really enjoy this core but have dificulty finding partners.

Hello, Is it possible to make a semistall/Bulky Ballance team with AV Reuniclus, Vileplume and Incineroar? I really enjoy this core but have dificulty finding partners.
:Incineroar: :Reuniclus: :Vileplume: :Talonflame: :Stakataka: :Flygon: https://pokepast.es/6d925910b0834694
Here's the team I managed to come up with and thank you eifo for testing it

Honestly it was pretty difficult to come up with a team around Incineroar, Vileplume, and Assault Vest Reuniclus. They're not bad Pokemon on their own, but the fact that they're all slow and don't cover important roles like checking Heracross, blocking Volt Switch, dealing with Spikes, checking Incineroar, and checking Togekiss made it difficult to create a team that covers the metagame's threats. But onto the team.

Vileplume here is the Infestation Leech Seed set, its best set. Really good at trapping things and racking up residual damage. Choice Band Incineroar may look odd, but the team's matchup against Reuniclus is real iffy, so I chose Choice Band because it can hurt Reun significantly harder. It won't be as easy for it to stay in and trade with Incineroar, there's even a chance it's OHKOd by Incineroar. Reuniclus is a standard Future Sight set, Fsight is good with our wallbreaker not much to say here. Now for the remaining three slots I was really trying to aim for role compression, the team needed to check a lot. Flygon covers Incineroar check, hazard removal, and Ground-type to block Volt Switch. Talonflame is not usually used over Crobat but here it covers a few important things better. Mainly it's a better check to Lucario and Metagross(Plume should check CP Meta, Talon helps with other variants), and it gives us a decent Megahorn switch-in. Pretty much nothing on the team is a good Heracross switch-in but Talonflame at least dissuades the use of Megahorn/Close Combat which is valuable. Talonflame outpaces Inteleon if you're curious which isn't particularly relevant, so you could get a small amount of extra bulk by only EVing to outpace Salazzle. Stakataka is normally overshadowed by other Steel-types in the tier but it has two important advantages. It counters the most common Togekiss sets (Aura Sphere hardly if at all exists in tour play) and it's more offensively capable than other Steel-types. This means it can more reliably spread Toxic to bulky Water-types something this team is shaky against. Stakataka also importantly is the Stealth Rock user on this team.

A satisfactory team was managed to be made, but there're notable issues. The team is shaky into some threats like Reuniclus, Heracross, and Milotic that carry Ice Beam. It also looks very poor into rain teams. You could try running Sleep Powder on Vileplume to better handle Reuniclus alongside Swords Dance or Taunt Talonflame to check Cosmic Power Metagross. Black Sludge is also an option to try and handle Ice Beam Milotic better. You could consider Adamant Incineroar, it very usually OHKOs Reuniclus, But remember this is what we came up with while being constricted to said Pokemon. You very much could try run say a Tanga Berry Calm mind Reuniclus with Thunder to punish Heracross, break through Water-types, and make it easier to build the rest of the team. Or maybe a different wallbreaker like Heracross>Incineroar that doesn't struggle as much against Water-types.

Anyways I hope you enjoy :)

Last edited:
:Incineroar: :Reuniclus: :Vileplume: :Talonflame: :Stakataka: :Flygon: https://pokepast.es/6d925910b0834694
Here's the team I managed to come up with and thank you eifo for testing it

Honestly it was pretty difficult to come up with a team around Incineroar, Vileplume, and Assault Vest Reuniclus. They're not bad Pokemon on their own, but the fact that they're all slow and don't cover important roles like checking Heracross, blocking Volt Switch, dealing with Spikes, checking Incineroar, and checking Togekiss made it difficult to create a team that covers the metagame's threats. But onto the team.

Vileplume here is the Infestation Leech Seed set, its best set. Really good at trapping things and racking up residual damage. Choice Band Incineroar may look odd, but the team's matchup against Reuniclus is real iffy, so I chose Choice Band because it can hurt Reun significantly harder. It won't be as easy for it to stay in and trade with Incineroar, there's even a chance it's OHKOd by Incineroar. Reuniclus is a standard Future Sight set, Fsight is good with our wallbreaker not much to say here. Now for the remaining three slots I was really trying to aim for role compression, the team needed to check a lot. Flygon covers Incineroar check, hazard removal, and Ground-type to block Volt Switch. Talonflame is not usually used over Crobat but here it covers a few important things better. Mainly it's a better check to Lucario and Metagross(Plume should check CP Meta, Talon helps with other variants), and it gives us a decent Megahorn switch-in. Pretty much nothing on the team is a good Heracross switch-in but Talonflame at least dissuades the use of Megahorn/Close Combat which is valuable. Talonflame outpaces Inteleon if you're curious which isn't particularly relevant, so you could get a small amount of extra bulk by only EVing to outpace Salazzle. Stakataka is normally overshadowed by other Steel-types in the tier but it has two important advantages. It counters the most common Togekiss sets (Aura Sphere hardly if at all exists in tour play) and it's more offensively capable than other Steel-types. This means it can more reliably spread Toxic to bulky Water-types something this team is shaky against. Stakataka also importantly is the Stealth Rock user on this team.

A satisfactory team was managed to be made, but there're notable issues. The team is shaky into some threats like Reuniclus, Heracross, and Milotic that carry Ice Beam. It also looks very poor into rain teams. You could try running Sleep Powder on Vileplume to better handle Reuniclus alongside Swords Dance or Taunt Talonflame to check Cosmic Power Metagross. Black Sludge is also an option to try and handle Ice Beam Milotic better. You could consider Adamant Incineroar, it very usually OHKOs Reuniclus, But remember this is what we came up with while being constricted to said Pokemon. You very much could try run say a Tanga Berry Calm mind Reuniclus with Thunder to punish Heracross, break through Water-types, and make it easier to build the rest of the team. Or maybe a different wallbreaker like Heracross>Incineroar that doesn't struggle as much against Water-types.

Anyways I hope you enjoy :)
Thank you so much! I will try it out right now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)