Programming Teambuilder Usage Stats

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
hi

A few days ago, faded love asked for someone to write a tool that players could use to get usage stats for their own teambuilder, so I said sure and wrote it.

Github - https://github.com/KrisXV/teambuilder-usage-stats/

It's pretty simple; you paste your teambuilder into the text box, click the button labeled with "Generate teambuilder usage stats", and the stats will appear. Yes, it does support packed teams. Let me know if you find any bugs!

No, I do not store your teams anywhere.

Shoutouts to pre for having an easily accessible API for parsing teams!

I am planning on eventually adding a filter per format, but for the time being, you can just do this by manually copying teams from a specific format folder and pasting them instead of your whole teambuilder.

(If this doesn't work on your browser it's because I was too lazy to add polyfills at the time so sorry)

Last edited:

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Some things:
  1. I have added basic support for team memorization in localStorage (no, this doesn't mean I get access to your teams; it's the same thing PS uses for storing user settings and teams), which means that your teambuilder is still there when you reload the page! This also means that stats will auto-generate upon loading the page; Simplest way to stop this for now is by removing your teambuilder. I will add more localStorage settings later.
  2. I added better error checking. Now, instead of just saying "Error: does not exist." if you have a bad set, it will say what set is causing the issue.
  3. I transferred to using pre's @pkmn/img API for clearer Pokemon icons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)