Programming Team Planner for Pokémon

Scorpio Keni Stride bot The new version has been just updated. Works on mobile and team's weaknesses/strengths are back. I had to disable some features during the update, but I am mostly done :)

If there's any other bug I am missing or have some more feedback, lmk.

Will you include gens 1-5 onto your team builder
Unfortunately, I don't plan to support earlier gens. Mainly because of the type chart changes.

Hi! I was just wondering how to make the Pokemon in their shiny forms for the team builder.
Not possible right now, but you could fork the repo and manually swap the regular form art for the the Shiny art. Matt uploaded the art and shared it on Twitter a while ago.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Seems like unchecking gigantimax on the home team planner has no affect. Tested with only that option turned off:
1637945215870.png

Could there be a way to choose specific versions of pokemon? For example, selecting a specific form if a pokemon has multiple, or specifying whether it's shiny or not.

Could there be a way to choose specific versions of pokemon? For example, selecting a specific form if a pokemon has multiple, or specifying whether it's shiny or not.
? Pokémon forms are already implemented. The only forms not included are purely cosmetic ones (e.g., Pikachu with hats, Vivillon colors, Flabébé flowers, Minior cores, Furfrou trims, etc.) or temporary/battle-exclusive (e.g., Solo Wishiwashi, Shield Aegislash, Hangry Morpeko, etc).

cyanAstrologist xMrWalnutx currently, shiny Pokémon are not within the scope of the project

Hey, completely unessential feature but a lock for each slot so that you A) can't accidentally remove a mon B) can randomize repeatedly but lock mons you like the idea of.
I know this would complicate the how new pokemon are added when the team is full but checking for the first unlocked slot should be enough and popping up a warning if all slots are locked shouldn't be too bad depending on how things are written currently.

Hey there! This is a visual tool that lets you select Pokémon to build an in-game team. Filter Pokémon you can meet during your adventure and have an overview of your team's weaknesses and strengths.

View attachment 385380
View attachment 385381

Features:
  • Allows you to filter and search Pokémon by version, generation, evolution, type, tag, or color
  • Lists your team's weaknesses (ignores abilities, e.g., Fluffy) and coverage (only takes into account STAB)
  • Has a randomize button
Feedback is appreciated!

Latest Version:
Pokémon Team Planner →
I've seen that on the recent upload of team planner for legends arceus, there's no Hisiuan Growlithe / Arcanine

Hey, completely unessential feature but a lock for each slot so that you A) can't accidentally remove a mon B) can randomize repeatedly but lock mons you like the idea of.
I know this would complicate the how new pokemon are added when the team is full but checking for the first unlocked slot should be enough and popping up a warning if all slots are locked shouldn't be too bad depending on how things are written currently.
I quite like this idea! I will keep it in mind to implement in a future update.

I've seen that on the recent upload of team planner for legends arceus, there's no Hisiuan Growlithe / Arcanine
I see they are both present in the HOME and Legends Arceus dexes. If you're on web, you can try using the search bar to find them

hi, I love your work ! But, are you going to add the other game of Pokemon ? Like Pokemon Red and blue, Pokemon hearth gold and soulsilver ... ?

should add a shiny feature/models since its a visual 3d model thing goin on :o and the option to remove the background type colours to see how a team's colour palette could look :3

Hello! I was just wondering if you could revert it the way it was before, you know, using the official artwork instead of the 3D model-like feature since they already released the official artwork for Hisuian pokemon.
Also, the Hisuian Goodra and Sneasler type should be Steel/Dragon and Fighting/Poison.

I really like your tool! It's really helpful for me, as I'm a very visual person. A couple of suggestions: one, adding a region option. I know there's a generation button, but it doesn't function quite the same. Also, Hisui and Galar are both lumped into Gen 8. Another potentially helpful thing might be to toggle Hisuian forms? Since I'm not sure if the games moving forward will have them or the option to have them since they're all possibly extinct. This last one is very selfish and very unique so I understand if you don't want it, but perhaps a sort for only dual type mons? Thank you again for your wonderful builder!

Really hope you revert this back to how it was previously. Being unable to search type or generation honestly ruins the viability of it. Also the Home Sprites just aren't pleasant to look at. Really loved this team builder and have used it for years but this change really killed it. :(

stuart littled.

Banned deucer.
Really hope you revert this back to how it was previously. Being unable to search type or generation honestly ruins the viability of it. Also the Home Sprites just aren't pleasant to look at. Really loved this team builder and have used it for years but this change really killed it. :(
hello this is verry impressijng work please donut focus on the user negativitty. i enjoy the planner verry much. thankyou.

Hi richi3f, first of all thanks for your work, the Team Planner of yours is admirable.

I just want to inform that there are some forms not available in Kalos as selectable Pokémon for X and Y Team Planner. Listed in Kalos regional Pokédex order, they are MegaSharpedo, Hoopa Unbound and MegaSlowbro. A minimal oversight, I'd say.

After reading the most recent replies of this thread, I have to say that I would prefer too Ken Sugimori artworks as it once was, but it is such a small difference and at the end I kinda appreciate the HOME artworks too.

Moreover in the latter option there are the female gender-difference artworks too, wich is a plus in the case if the forms could be selected, but in any case the choice to put only the female artworks is a nice touch in my opinion, they are less used to represent a species and it's refreshing seeing Pokémon a bit different from the usual.

Anyway, the Team Planners are already perfect as they are, the addition of selectable shiny artworks or different cosmetic forms isn't strictly necessary. Maybe the presence of Partner Pikachu and Eevee could be useful for the Let's Go Team Planners since they have better stats, but it's up to you - at the end they are still Pikachu and Eevee and they don't have HOME artworks.

I hope that HOME artworks for Legends Arceus new Pokémon will come soon with the games compatibility with the app, all the more reason if the planners will continue to use that style of artworks. Seeing that stretched Samurott triggers me, I wonder who created that suffering image lol

I wrote a lot, so I'm gonna stop here, thank you again for the planners you made! ^^

I really appreciate all the hard work you’ve put into this, but why did you get rid of the option to search for by type and generation? It was really helpful and it made this website special from any other Pokémon picking website

I really appreciate all the hard work you’ve put into this, but why did you get rid of the option to search for by type and generation? It was really helpful and it made this website special from any other Pokémon picking website
If I have to be honest, right now I'm able to filter Pokémon by Type, Evolution, Version, Generation, Exclude Type, Tag and Color... The only thing I could say is that in mobile view all these options are hidden, to be able to select them you have to rotate your smartphone or you need to consult the site in desktop mode.

Last edited:

TrRizzo09

formerly Pkmn trainer Rizzo
This is a very useful tool! Unfortunately, I don't have switch and my old 3ds died. Hope you can add all the old gens someday.

I recall the type forms for Arceus and Silvally were once available by filtering out other types. Will this feature return in some capacity? I'd like the weakness/strength checker to accommodate the alternate typings of these forms.

Edit: some other forms like Zygarde-Complete are also missing. It'd be greatly appreciated if you could add all the forms registered by Home! (of course, with a filter to hide them from selection)

Hi, I noticed other two forms out of place in the Sword and Shield Team Planner, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.

And... why two of Gigantamax Toxtricity?

This is a very useful tool! Unfortunately, I don't have switch and my old 3ds died. Hope you can add all the old gens someday.
The creator richi3f wrote that there's no plan to support earlier gens due to the type chart changes. Steel resisted Ghost and Dark until gen V and the Fairy type didn't exist prior to gen VI, not to mention the changes between gen I and II.

But you can open the HOME Team Planner, deselect the most recent generations and the megaevolutions and you're set (minus type backgrounds and team analysis, that remain faithful to the gen VI type changes).

Hi there, I'm new and trying to report a bug, so please redirect me if this is wrong.
In the current version of Team Planner, Ursaluna is Normal/Ground but should be Ground/Normal

Source:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ursaluna_(Pokémon)
https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-swsh/ursaluna/
It's not a bug, it is simply an inversion of the two types, it only needs a small correction...

In addition to Ursaluna, the Hisuian forms of Sliggoo, Goodra and Sneasel, together with Sneasler, have their types swapped, but anyway it's not a huge problem.

I recall the type forms for Arceus and Silvally were once available by filtering out other types. Will this feature return in some capacity? I'd like the weakness/strength checker to accommodate the alternate typings of these forms.

Edit: some other forms like Zygarde-Complete are also missing. It'd be greatly appreciated if you could add all the forms registered by Home! (of course, with a filter to hide them from selection)
You're right, Arceus' and Sylvally's forms are permanent until another change occours, plus the types also change. However I must say that those are so many forms lol.

I don't know, actually richi3f wrote that the only forms not included are purely cosmetic ones or temporary/battle-exclusive, but still the forms of Burmy, Deerling and Sawsbuck, Magearna are present, plus Crowned Zacian and Zamazenta (that are battle-exclusive)... And I'm totally happy for this, but then there could be more forms like those, right? Like Pirouette Meloetta, the Zen Darmanitans or Castform, which undergo a type change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)