Programming Team Planner for Pokémon

Hey, new here.

I found your team planner at the release of Sun and Moon, and have used it for every team since. I really love it, it's great! And I'm looking forward to the SwSh update.

If I had to suggest anything, make it so unelected types aren't shown even if they are dual types (example: if poison isn't selected but dark is, neither Muk should appear) or at least give the option to do this. It's my only gripe with the builder.

Thank you for your time, and best of luck with the new dex!

Edit: just saw the new feature. I love you forever richi3f

Last edited:
New version for Sword and Shield is online!

New features of this planner:
  • New design!
  • Now keeps track of the order at which you enter Pokémon.
  • Displays STAB coverage (i.e., types your Pokémon can hit super effective with STAB damage).
  • Hovering over a type on the type analysis tables will tell you which Pokémon contribute to the number of weakness/immunity/resistance/coverage.
  • Added a filter by tag (includes Legendary, Sub-Legendary, Gigantamax).
  • Adding/removing Pokémon should not create entries in your history, so it's easier to go back to whatever you were browsing.
Currently, I'm only using sprites, but these will be replaced with hi-res art when it is officially released. If you find any bugs or have more suggestions, please let me know!

Are you going to add the sword and shield Pokemon and all the other changes to your national dex team planner?
Yes. The previous planners will be upgraded to the new system (probably by early next year though, since it's not my priority atm), but I still don't know what to do regarding the national dex planner. I'll wait for Pokémon Home.

Do you intend to add the dex of other franchise games in the "game" option? I miss this option to create some teams in other games

Do you intend to add the dex of other franchise games in the "game" option? I miss this option to create some teams in other games
The old team planners are all still there. You can find them by clicking the links in the OP.

The old team planners are all still there. You can find them by clicking the links in the OP.
I know but it only works well from generation 6 onwards, if I wanted to filter for the HGSS dex it would be tricky to do it for the current teamplanner

Are you going to add the sword and shield Pokemon and all the other changes to your national dex team planner?
Yes. The previous planners will be upgraded to the new system (probably by early next year though, since it's not my priority atm), but I still don't know what to do regarding the national dex planner. I'll wait for Pokémon Home.
Any update on the current progress of adding Gen 8 Pokemon to the National Dex?

I dont know if this is possible, but I think it would be extremely usefull if the option to exclude specific pokemon would exist. That instead of clicking on a pokemons icon you get that pokemon in your team, that specific pokemon would be removed from the options.
Is that possible? Perhaps click in options to choose between (pick for team)/(remove from list).

Hey there! This is a visual tool that lets you select Pokémon to build an in-game team. Filter Pokémon you can meet during your adventure and have an overview of your team's weaknesses and strengths.

View attachment 205982

Features:
  • Allows you to filter and search Pokémon by version, generation, evolution, type, or tag
  • Lists your team's weaknesses (ignores abilities, e.g., Fluffy) and coverage (only takes into account STAB)
  • Has a randomize button
  • Link can be copied and shared
Feedback is appreciated!

Latest Version:
Pokémon Sword & Shield →

Previous Versions:
Pokémon (National Dex) →
Pokémon X & Y →
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire →
Pokémon Sun & Moon →
Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon →
Hi,
I cant access the sword and shield team planner.. Is it something that will be fixed?
I really love using this site! ☺

Hey there! This is a visual tool that lets you select Pokémon to build an in-game team. Filter Pokémon you can meet during your adventure and have an overview of your team's weaknesses and strengths.

View attachment 205982

Features:
  • Allows you to filter and search Pokémon by version, generation, evolution, type, or tag
  • Lists your team's weaknesses (ignores abilities, e.g., Fluffy) and coverage (only takes into account STAB)
  • Has a randomize button
Feedback is appreciated!

Latest Version:
Pokémon Sword & Shield →

Previous Versions:
Pokémon (National Dex) →
Pokémon X & Y →
Pokémon Sun & Moon →

Um where is the galar region Team maker can’t find it and the link sends me to this:

Attachments

View attachment 205982

Features:
  • Has a randomize button
Feedback is appreciated!

Latest Version:
Pokémon Sword & Shield →

Previous Versions:
Pokémon (National Dex) →
Pokémon X & Y →
Pokémon Sun & Moon →
the sword and sheild planner has been down for a while pls fix it

Hi! I know this is an old post but I use the team builder incredibly often (ADORE it) and I noticed a small bug. When using the Kalos planner, Murkrow and Honchkrow aren't there!

hi there! couple of questions. will you ever do an updated national dex one with the gen 8 stuff? like combine https://richi3f.github.io/plan-pokemonteams/ and https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html . additionally, in the sword and shield one, when you select generation 1 for example, it leaves out forms like gigantamaxes, alolans and galarians. is it possible for you to add a filter to allow the regional variants and g maxes to show up with the generation of their base forms? being able to sort by national dex number would also be appreciated.

So, the new version no longer tells you your type weaknesses or anything, it's kinda the whole reason I found this tool useful in the first place...is it going to be added back?

Will you include gens 1-5 onto your team builder, as well as include Weaknesses / Resistances / Immunities?
It just displays your team now with no info..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)