In Progress Team Lock Ruleset

Hisuian Dylan

formerly CyberDCrest
Suggestion: Team Lock Ruleset

Essentially, this would be an optional ruleset that can be added, by a room's auth discretion, to prevent team switching or team edits during room tours. For example: If I choose Team 7, when the room tournament starts then I can only use Team 7. Any edits I make to the team won't effect the team in the room tournament. The team selector could disappear or a personal notification in the room chat mentioning a player can't swap their team.

This could benefit rooms like the VGC room that allows scouting. You can scout in real life tournaments (which is partially why the VGC room allows it from what I've been told), but you cannot change or edit your team in the middle of them. This helps out with practicing with the teams too. If you are like me and using room tours to practice, you are going to practice with a team consistently throughout the entire tournament. You're not going to change it every match and expect results. Maybe a room wants to do a tournament event and wants to lock teams.

Additionally, for rooms that allow scouting, this will prevent players from scouting to know what team or edits to use against someone. This gives players who don't like scouters an alternative to feel more comfortable in these room tours. I personally have been told by players who've scouted my matches that they scouted just to bring a team to counter mine. With terastallizing, I could have my main tera typing be water and a scouter sees that & edits their main tera type to be electric.

Rooms already have the ability to disable scouting at leisure. Why not extend on that idea to give rooms the option to have team locks in a tournament? Let's give something to benefit rooms that allow scouting & to help players be able to practice more efficiently and realistically.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)