Team Lightning Disaster [OU RMT]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ Introduction ~
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is probably 1 of the best teams i've made so far. I made it together with a really good friend of mine. We actually made it in 10 minutes. We saw that the team was quite good, so i tested it. Seriously i got a rating of 1350 in no time at all. And this is unusual for me since i never hit the 1300's.

This team is not heavily relied on prediction. This team only uses 1 Choice user, which happens to have Trick. The purpose of this team is already mentioned in the team's name. It creates problems (for the opponent) very fast. Some pokemon are somewhat suprising, as they run different sets than normal. The team does have some problems, which will be listed in the Threat List. Well here is the team, enjoy the RMT :)

~ At a glance ~

~ The team ~

Note: Changes are in italic.

Amphyor (Swampert) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Beam
~ Stealth Rock
~ Protect
---
Swampert is a pretty good lead. He's bulky so he can take some moves. This is pretty much a standard Swampert, but i changed some things to my suits. First of all, i chose to distribute 252 EVs in HP and 252 in Def, i did this to maximize my defense so i can take more hits. I don't think i really need the SAtk for anything. Second of all, instead of Surf, i opted for Protect. Protect is a very handy move since it's usefull for 3 things here:

1. Leftovers recovery.
2. Scouting the opponent's moves. This is especially usefull for Choice users like Heatran.
3. Predict the Explosion and survive, while the opponent dies.

I also found Surf to be never used in a battle, or hardly used, so that's why i didn't use it. I think that every team needs some Stealth Rocks, so i gave Swampert Stealth Rock to make things like Gyarados and Salamence less threatening. Earthquake is there for STAB, Ice Beam is mostly used for the Dragons and incoming Grass Types, but it's also usefull for Gliscor, which i happen to see a lot more as a lead now. Swampert is a pretty good choice in this team, as 3 other pokemon in this team can take Grass-type moves. Swampert also handles Heatran nicely, without Hidden Power Grass.

Xhechi (Infernape) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/192 Spd/64 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
~ Close Combat
~ U-turn
~ Mach Punch
~ Fire Blast
---
I actually hate using Infernape, because it's always so easy walled by some pokemon like Latias and Cresselia, and it's very frail. However, when i saw this Infernape on the analysis, i felt in love. It was like love at first sight <3.(It's a female :P) Anyway, i'll explain why i love this Infernape. First of all, i like the move U-turn. It's a nifty move which allows me to hit a pokemon and then retreat, so i can switch in another pokemon. This is usefull to scout my opponent's pokemon, but on Infernape, this is so much more usefull. U-turn allows me to hit pokemon for a lot damage which otherwise Infernape could not. Latias that switch in loses a lot of damage because of U-turn, and i can also switch to an appropriate counter. Same goes for Cresselia, which takes like 50% from U-turn. Fire Blast is a must have on this set. It hurts anything that isn't a Special Wall, so i can easily damage pokemon that walls Infernape on the physical side. Then after that, i can U-turn for some more damage and switch out.

I actually suprised a lot of people with this set, and with all those Latias out there, this set hurts a lot to some teams.

Ichyni (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
~ Bullet Punch
~ U-turn
~ Pursuit
~ Superpower
---
Yay, i got Scizor in this team (like everyone else). So why did i chose Scizor to be in this team? Since i need a good pokemon which can take on some threats to this team (Latias). U-turn is here to scout what the opponent's counters are to Scizor, and then retaliate with a counter of yours. U-turn with STAB is pretty powerfull aswell. It doesn't suprise me some teams are U-turn Scizor weak. Pursuit is just the best Dark move in my opinion, it hurts a lot of pokemon, even without STAB. Latias is guaranteed to get killed by Pursuit, as she can switch out but still takes the hit before she goes. Superpower hurts pokemon like Heatran who tries to switch in, and Bullet Punch just does major damage to pokemon that not resist Steel-type moves.

A team without Scizor is rare. Scizor just helps your team a lot by checking pokemon, and with a priority move like Bullet Punch, with Technician and STAB, he's just 1 nice pokemon to use.

Cylue (Salamence) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 Atk/176 Spd/252 SAtk
Rash nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Brick Break
- Roost
---
Okay so i don't have to explain why MixMence owns so hard, but because of the rules i must explain why MixMence owns so much (though everyone already knows). So yeah MixMence is a good stallbreaker, which i need since Lucario is gone now. Alright so i took joshe's suggestion and used this MixMence. Draco Meteor owns a lot of non Steel-type pokemon here. Flamethrower is there for those Steel-types. Brick Break for some Tyranitar switch-ins (believe me Tar switches in to take the Draco Meteor) and Roost is just to heal of the residual damage. Stealth Rock and Life Orb wears me off so Roost is nice. Especially on Salamence since he scares a lot of pokemon off. Also worth to note, even after a Draco Meteor, Flamethrower should OHKO Scizor.

Since Suicune didn't work out, MixMence is his replacement and he does it perfectly. Breaking Stall feels so great, and this guy helps me achieve that.

Hjoza (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Roar
- Waterfall
---
Ok so Gyarados replaced Lucario. Gyarados is here for a much needed Fighting resist, aswell as being a great status absorber. I don't like it's SR weakness though, but yeah. This is a very defensively Gyarados, and with intimidate, it's even better. Rest is here for a much needed recovery, while Sleep Talk give me a chance to still use a move after i've used Rest. Roar is there to abuse Stealth Rocks, aswell as to remove the chance of a pokemon trying to set up on Gyarados while it is asleep. Waterfall is just for STAB and having an attacking move. Gyarados is pretty good since it walls Breloom and Machamp pretty good, though Machamp hurts a lot with Stone Edge. Breloom is powerless against Gyarados unless it also has Stone Edge, which is unlikely.

Gyarados in this team is generally a good idea. Having a status absorber is very nice and a good fighting resistant is a must have now. Lucario is almost powerless against Gyarados.

Scylla (Latias) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
~ Draco Meteor
~ Surf
~ Trick
~ Thunderbolt
---
Whoaw :O Scarf Latias, why Scarf?! Well believe me, i suprised a lot of pokemon with this that thought they could actually outspeed it. Other scarfer s like Flygon think they can outspeed me and OHKO with Outrage, however, since Lati is faster i do the favor and OHKO them with Draco Meteor. Same goes for Heatran, which normally would outspeed Latias with a Scarf, and attempt to hurt her with Dragon Pulse or Hidden Power Ice, however i'm faster now and do a lot of damage with Surf. I've even had sweeps with her, as it leaves a huge gap to some teams who need their revenge killers. Blissey annoying? No not really, if i predict the switch in, Blissey obtains a Choice Scarf thanks to Trick, and they're almost useless. Gyarados is also pretty annoying to this team, so Scarf Lati outspeeds that piece of dragonshit even after a Dragon Dance and OHKO's it with Thunderbolt. Same goes for Salamence, which is OHKO'd by Draco Meteor. This set does get owned by Tyranitar and Scizor. I've changed the nature to Timid in order to outspeed other max speed threats. Now i am assured i can outspeed +1 Salamence even if it's Naive/Jolly and Scarf Flygon can definitely not outspeed me either.

Latias with a Scarf is pretty unexpected, which i take as an advantage here, Gyarados and Salamence are slapped now.

~ Credits ~

Credits goes to Arkeis for the pictures. And for the sprites, credits goes to Pokesho, a japanese site with some alternative sprites to use. Credits to me for writing this, let's hope i my efforts were worth it. The Threat List will be posted on the next post shortly.

~ Threat List ~

Green means it is no threat to me;
Orange means it is troublesome, but handable;
Red means it is a serious threat and must be fixed.

Defensive Threats

Blissey: No problem, Latias Tricks it, Scizor OHKO's it, Infernape does. MixMence 2HKO's and Gyarados can Roar it away without worrying to much of Thunder Wave.

Bronzong: Infernape takes it on easily, MixMence can Fire Blast it, Gyarados can easily sit there spam Waterfall, since it's bulky enough to take an explosion.

Celebi: I got my Infernape and Scizor for her. MixMence OHKO's with Fire Blast.

Cresselia: U-turn from Scizor and Infernape hurts it. Draco Meteor from both Salamence and Latias can hurt it, and Latias can Trick it.

Donphan: No threat. Gyarados Waterfalls it, Ice Beam from Swampy hurts it, Latias can Surf. MixMence OHKO's it with Draco Meteor.

Dusknoir: Infernape can do loads of damage with Overheat, Pursuit hurts, WoW is a pain though. Gyarados can spam Waterfall. Latias is pretty good with trick.

Forretress: Infernape OHKO's, Latias hurts it ALOT. MixMence OHKO's with Fire Blast.

Gliscor: Ice Beam hurts it, coming from Swampy, Overheat already does a lot damage to it, Latias Surfs it, Same goes for Gyarados but then with Waterfall. MixMence OHKO's it with Draco Meteor

Gyarados: The thing is, he has no chance if Latias is around. Latias outspeeds and OHKO's, even after a DD. Other than that, i have to hurt it with Bullet Punch and Mach Punch to kill it. But i usually play around it.

Hippowdon: Latias surfs and Tricks this. Draco Meteor coming from MixMence hurts it aswell.

Jirachi: Rachi is walled by Swampert, Latias Tricks the CM versions. Scizor U-turns, Infernape Overheat's it to death. Gyarados walls it pretty good aswell.

Rotom-H: Latias outspeeds and does some damage with Draco Meteor. MixMence OHKO's with Draco Meteor.

Skarmory: Euhh, Latias's Tbolt, Infernape, Salamence.

Snorlax: Brick Break hurts it from MixMence, though it won't do all to much. Latias can Trick it while it's Cursing. Infernape with Close Combat should do the trick aswell.

Suicune: Might be troublesome, however i can trick it with Latias. MixMence should be able to hurt it with a Draco Meteor, even after 1 Calm Mind. It is annoying though. Latias can Thunderbolt it but it won't do to much after a Calm Mind.

Swampert: Latias can Trick it. Draco Meteor from Salamence OHKO's it. Gyarados walls and can spam Waterfalls on it.

Tentacruel: Swampert OHKO's it, Latias can trick and Tbolt, Draco Meteor from MixMence hurts it.

Tyranitar: Lol, Scizor, Infernape, Swampert. However, Latias is almost guaranteed to die. Gyarados might survive a Stone Edge and do loads of damage with Waterfall.

Vaporeon: Same goes for Suicune really. Thunderbolt hurts it, i can Trick a scarf on it, Salamence can Draco Meteor it, but otherwise it might be annoying.

Zapdos: Infernape can do much to it, as Fire Blast does 52% damage to it, Which is a guaranteed 2HKO after a SR. MixMence OHKO's it with Draco Meteor. Latias can try to Trick scarf on it.

Offensive Threats:

Azelf: Uhh, quite annoying as a lead, since Swampert loses to it unless i predict the Explosion with Protect. Scizor, however can OHKO it if Swampert hurt it already.

Breloom: Gayloom. I got Gyarados to take the Spore and Sleep Talk, so i got him walled there. And he takes an intimidate so it won't do to much. U-turn break subs and i can go to Gyarados to counter it.

Dragonite: Ehh, see Salamence as this thing is inferior to it.

Dugtrio: Lol, the only pokemon who would be hurt by it is Infernape, and Mach Punch leaves some damage behind it. The other pokes easily survives any of it's moves.

Electivire: Well, he can be annoying. Draco Meteor does crap load of damage, coming from Salamence and Latias. And it's not to fast. I got a lot of priority moves so even if it got a boost, i can kill it. The thing is that he has such good coverage.

Gallade: Well, he's no threat. Priority owns it, Scizor does U-turn. Gyarados walls. He's just easily outclassed.

Gengar: He's annoying, Scizor does own it with Bullet Punch/Pursuit, Lati outspeeds and OHKO's.

Gyarados: Like i said before, i can outspeed it with Latias and OHKO, However after a Dragon Dance, and if Latias is gone, it's a lot harder for me. So he is a threat, but i can play around it.

Heatran: Swampert walls it and Earthquake it. Latias outspeeds scarf versions and OHKO with Surf if it's damaged a bit already. Gyarados walls it.

Heracross: Bullet Punch hurts it, even when scarfed. Scarflatias outspeeds it and OHKO's, non scarf is owned by Infernape.

Infernape: Latias outspeeds it and OHKO's it with Surf, I have a whole crap load of priority so he's not really such a big deal. Gyarados can wall it a bit if it doesn't have Thunderpunch. Grass Knot does quite some damage though.

Jolteon: It's very frail, so Priority can do the trick a bit. Latias outspeeds it and OHKO's. If it has Hidden Power Grass, Salamence can do quite dome damage aswell. But other than that, it's pretty difficult.

Kingdra: Latias outspeeds it even after a DD. Also, Lotsa priority. Also, Gyarados can wall it.

Lucario: Gyarados is super bulky, and it won't die so easily thanks to the Defense Evs and Intimidate. Mach Punch from Infernape is suprising and OHKO's.

Machamp: He's not annoying anymore. Salamence can come in and threaten with Draco Meteor. Gyarados is super bulky and also has Intimidate to wall it and take Dynamicpunches easily. Stone Edge hurts though. Latias also has Draco Meteor which hurts.

Magnezone: He traps Scizor, so he's a bit annoying. He also does craploads of damage with Thunderbolt. However, Swampert walls it, and Lati outspeeds while Maggy can't do much back. Mach Punch Ftw here :)

Mamoswine: Priority here. Swampert does some damage with EQ, BP Scizor OHKO's it i think, and Mach Punch does good damage. Gyarados can wall it after an Intimidate, even if he got Stone Edge.

Metagross: Erhm, well yeah Infernape. Agility version are outsped by Latias, and Surf does the trick then. Explpsion is a pain. MixMence OHKO's it with Fire Blast.

Porygon-Z: Lol Scarf versions are outsped by Latias, and DM OHKO's it. Scizor can BP, Mach Punch of Infernape does a lot of damage.

Salamence: Okay so, Latias OHKO's it, and it's faster even after a DD. Scizor's Bulletpunch OHKO's it nearly.

Scizor: Gyarados walls it. Infernape takes 1 Bullet Punch and OHKO's with Fire Blast.

Starmie: Hard to switch in into one. But Lati outspeeds and OHKO's with DM. Priority is what i rely on, even if it's not very effective. I can play around it a bit since it's not so bulky.

Suicune: Blergh, annoying. Calm Mind is so annoying. However, i can try to Trick it. MixMence can do some damage.

Togekiss: Stealth Rock hurts it, Bullet Punch hurts it, Lati outspeeds and OHKO's nearly. Draco Meteor from Salamence.

Tyranitar: Well, i got 4 pokemon who can hit him hard, Scizor, Infernape, Gyarados, Swampert.

Weavile: SR hurts it, i got Mach Punch to kill it, and Bullet Punch. Swampert walls it, and Gyarados aswell.

Yanmega: Haha SR and Priority man, Bullet Punch.And i think Latias outspeeds even after 1 Speed Boost and OHKO's.

Zapdos: Ya he's annoying. Already told why, he owns Gyarados and Scizor, however since i got Fire Blast it should 2HKO it. Latias and Salamence Draco Meteor's it.

Updated =)

Hello.

Nitpicks: Latias has 5 HP EVs. You might want a Timid nature to tie with ScarfGar and outspeed more stuff after you've used Trick. You might want to relocate Scizor's Speed EVs, as if its Scizor versus Scizor, the slower one usually wins due to SuperPower's defense drops. However this often irrelevent due to residual damage.

This team is pretty weak to Lucario. It will OHKO all of your Pokemon after a Swords Dance, and the only thing stopping it is Mach Punch =(

Considering Infernape fragility I don't think that is a very good method of stopping it. The other thing that could pose a threat is your Lucario, but that's risking a Speed tie assuming it is Adamant. Lucario sets up on either of your two choice Pokemon (one of them doesn't have Trick) and will hurt this team badly. The easiest thing to change to prevent this is changing Suicune's EV spread. Maxing HP and Def is simple but effective, and allows Suicune to survive a +2 Close Combat. You can keep the moveset, its pretty good.

I don't see any other major threat. Nice team!

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Just a minor nitpick, Latias can't outrun a +Speed natured Salamence after a DD, and I've seen quite a few of them running around. Just to let you know.

Great team!

I only have 1 idea.

one is that you should use 248 hp evs on scizor and 8 speed. It lets you take less damage from stealth rock.

Also nice cune, i use the same one, only modest

good luck with your team, and im sorry i cant help more!

Just a minor nitpick, Latias can't outrun a +Speed natured Salamence after a DD, and I've seen quite a few of them running around. Just to let you know.
It also doesn't outspeed Max Speed Scarf Flygon. You definitely want to run Timid, that way you will still outrun things if you Trick the scarf off.

Sure thing then, i'll change it right now then. Any other fixes people? How about i use Breloom instead of Lucario? I've been thinking about that for a while.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Hi,

as others have said, your team is quite weak to fighting pokemons in general: Lucario and Machamp may be quite hard to stop, and as we noticed during our last battle, Breloom can be a pain too. This team seems quite weak to Scizor too, as nothing enjoies switching into CB u-turns. Now, a possible fix to this problem would be to add a rest-talking Gyarados over either Lucario or Infernape, so:

Gyarados@leftovers
nature: impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-waterfall
-roar
-rest
-sleep talk

I'm suggesting the sleep talk variant to add an useful status absorber to your team, but you feel that statuses are not a problem for it, then feel free to run the standard bulky Gyarados.

On Latias I'd suggest an EV spread of: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe keeping the timid nature, you don't really need to tie with scarf Gengar because Scizor will always take care of it if it comes in on Latias attempting to revenge kill her with shadow ball. You'll still outspeed every positive natured Flygon and Salamence even with the scarf or DD factored in.

Finally I'd prefer fire blast on Infernape over overheat: although the little power and accuracy loss, fire blast doesn't force you to switch out after the first hit, meaning that if you kill a pokemon with it you won't give something which resist\is immune to fight the chance to come in for free (I'm thinking of something like Rotom); also because something as frail as Infernape can't afford to switch in that much, considering SR, life orb and possibly sandstorm damage.

Good luck!

Physically based mixapes don't invest in special attack so you should really keep Overheat as U-Turn and Close Combat are your main attacks (U-Turn mainly but that is not the point here). Overheat with 64 SpA investment does nearly as much damage as Fire Blast with max spa investment on a standard mixape. If you are going to use Fire Blast then you are really better off using a standard mixape as Fire Blast is not going be as strong on a physically based mix ape.

In terms of accuracy Overheat generally hits more than Fire Blast, so that is even more reason to use Overheat of Fire Blast on your set, though you lose some special attack after use, with 85% accuracy I wouldn't risk it when you have not even maxed out special attack on Infernape when you can get the same damage from a move with higher accuracy.

haunter

Banned deucer.
You can get more power on the first hit, but 2 consecutive fire blasts deal more damage than 2 consecutive overheats, meaning that you have more chances to eliminate things that you can't ohko with it. Also, as stated above, fire blast doesn't force you out in the scenario in which your opponent sends in something resistant\immune to fight after you faint a pokemon with your fire move, think of Rotom or Zapdos.

It's definitely a matter of preference, but it's a false statement that overheat is the only choice on physically based mix-Ape.

I guess i might try out Gyarados here, he looks like a good choice. However, i'm more concerned about Suicune, somehow he doesn't work for me especially since it lacks a recovery move, meaning that Calm Mind doesn't really work to good. Also, I would like to try out a Breloom out for myself. So going Breloom Over Lucario and Gyarados over Suicune might be a possible idea for me.

joshe

the best
This is a solid team, and it seems like it should do a lot more than you say it does. i do have one little thing though. Latias checks Gyarados well enough, and it seems Suicune is a little off on this team. Gyarados checks many of the threats Suicune checks, while Latias rounds out the bunch that are faster or that have any electric attacks, which makes Suicune a waste of a team slot. Iirc you had Lucario over Gyarados earlier, which helped with stall. Now it seems the only way you can deal with stall is by tricking something with Latias, which isn't a very good thing. MixMence would provide a very nice way to deal with stall, as well as fitting in with your team.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Intimidate
Evs: 80 Atk/252 SpA/176 Spe
Rash
~ Draco Meteor
~ Fire Blast/Flamethrower
~ Brick Break
~ Roost

MixMence destroys stall, punishing anything not named blissey with Draco Meteor, while you 2HKO blissey with Brick Break, and steels don't stand a chance against Fire Blast. mixmence also provides power to your team so you don't have to rely on latias so much for a quick draco meteor. Any combination of evs are acceptable, i just think you should have a full power draco meteor to fully destroy stall.

i hope i helped and if something else arises i'm here to help :D

Good Luck.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Another minor suggestion (Sorry if I'm bothering you with this. ._.) I don't see the point in those 8 Speed EVs, I'll like my Scizor to be slower than other CB Scizor to have the scouting advantage on U-turn and to win the Superpower matchup as well. (Since he'll go first and his SP will drop his defense so your SP could hit harder.)

I hope this helps. :)

>.> Do you want me to run 0 speed ivs aswell or what? xD No it's fine i guess i just picked the set that is listed on the analysis, but if it bothers you i'll change it to 252 hp.

>.> Do you want me to run 0 speed ivs aswell or what? xD No it's fine i guess i just picked the set that is listed on the analysis, but if it bothers you i'll change it to 252 hp.
252 HP EVs will compromise your Scizor's ability to take hits due to the increased damage taken from stealth rock. If you would rather be slower than opposing Scizor, the EVs can be moved to Sp Def.

I tried the team on shoddy for a bit, and it's pretty solid.

I did notice that if Latias got suprise KO'd early, or you needed to sacrifice it early, Starmie can do serious damage to the team.

Maybe Grass Knot on the ape? Idk, just kinda Starmie weak =P

Okay, since this RMT didn't die yet, i'd like to update the Threat List to the new changes of the team, i'll do that now. About the Starmie, i usually play around it and hope for Draco Meteor to kill. Starmie is a threat however so i guess i'll list him as Red. However, each time i faced a Starmie, i succesfully played around it and killed it off with Prediction. Pretty difficult but it's possible. Starmie isn't all that bulky aswell so it can't take to much hits.

Just a little tidbit: I don't see any grass moves, and they can be useful sometimes facing Swamperts and stuff. I prefer Energy Ball > TBolt on Latias because it covers more, as well as those annoying water types like Vaporeon and Starmie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)