Programming Team Finder

I took down my website, It's no longer an interest for me.

Hey !

I made a website where you can search teams depending on pokémons you want to play :
https://teamfinder.roxweb.fr

I have made a "bot" which basically does web scraping on the smogon forums to get teams, and classifies them by tiers thanks to a prediction algorithm I made. I have done my best to make my bot easily maintainable and relevant concerning the teams that are saved into my database.

You can click on a pokémon sprite to make a new search on it.

Last edited:

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the teams might need some updating, but this is pretty awesome, great work!

edit: It would be pretty cool if you could search for more than one pokemon at a time

the teams might need some updating, but this is pretty awesome, great work!
I tried my best to find teams that seemed good to me, it takes a lot of time but i'll make an effort to improve this part.

edit: It would be pretty cool if you could search for more than one pokemon at a time
Some people already told me this, maybe I will put this someday.

Thanks !

It's an amazing job man, really! But it would be cool if we can search a team only with the Tiers or the Playstyle because if someone don't know a tiers as well and want to try this one, he didn't obviously know which pokemon he want

It's an amazing job man, really! But it would be cool if we can search a team only with the Tiers or the Playstyle because if someone don't know a tiers as well and want to try this one, he didn't obviously know which pokemon he want
Thanks for the comment !

You're right about the research without typing a pokemon, but I don't want the users to click search and find easily all teams in my database.

However, what I can do is putting a "random" button maybe

I just added a "random" part, where you can find a team depending on tiers and playstyles.

More stuff soon.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is neat, I'd love to see it through. Sorry for being naive but where do these teams come from? RMTs, or are they actually generated based on optimal partners? Either way, impressive. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice feedback guys ! I really appreciate that :p

where do these teams come from? RMTs, or are they actually generated based on optimal partners?
These are teams found on Smogon forums. It mainly come from Team Showcase, Sample Team Threads and Teambuilding workshops
http://www.teamfinder.fr/credits.php

for OU teams, it seems to only use OU Pokemon?
Like I said, these teams are relying on Smogon forums. but ya; I will fill in my database, when I finish the technical part.

Thanks again !

Added an autocomplete function. You may now see suggestions when you're typing something on the input text.

Added an instant search function, and you can click on sprites to start a new search !

We're adding new teams soon

Hi guys ! I made an update of my website.

You may now submit your own teams, and add them to the database if I confirm them.
However, the old database has been deleted because I completely changed his structure.

Hope you'll enjoy when the database is full of teams !

Bug report: PU Teams have become un-submittable, as the "Your team is not valid (Nicknames of pokémons can't have parenthesis)." error message comes up despite the team not having nicknames

Bug report: PU Teams have become un-submittable, as the "Your team is not valid (Nicknames of pokémons can't have parenthesis)." error message comes up despite the team not having nicknames
Hi Peef Rimgar, thanks for your help :)

I tried to send a PU team and it seemed to work, so I don't really know where is the problem in your case actually :/

Could you PM me the importables that caused an issue, the way I can easily fix the problem ? Thanks again !

Hi everyone ! I have just updated my website. Let me know if it's trash or not :)
site is really cool, but i think it would be better to simplify the section names and just leave the thread link. like for example instead of having it show "NATIONAL-DEX.533/" just make it say "National Dex", and like instead of "OVERUSED.526/" make it just say "Overused". even better would be if you could add the gen the team is for to the end of the name, by looking at something like thread tags, thread category, team content, etc. like a gen 8 team with Dragapult posted in gen 8 rmt would be listed as "Overused (SS)"

site is really cool, but i think it would be better to simplify the section names and just leave the thread link. like for example instead of having it show "NATIONAL-DEX.533/" just make it say "National Dex", and like instead of "OVERUSED.526/" make it just say "Overused". even better would be if you could add the gen the team is for to the end of the name, by looking at something like thread tags, thread category, team content, etc. like a gen 8 team with Dragapult posted in gen 8 rmt would be listed as "Overused (SS)"
Thanks for your suggestions slatt, I can't promise you anything about the gens for the teams but I can work on that !

Will this update take long? Last time i checked this site was back in 2016 and it was very cool
Hey, so I'm almost done with the update and the website is now available. Teams are now classified by tiers (I made a prediction algorithm using usage stats).
It's not perfect (especially for gen1ou and gen2ou but I know how to improve it) and there aren't teams from March/April 2020 at the moment, but I think it works pretty well. The first teams that show up are the most recent and/or the ones that are in a thread which has been the most liked.

Let me know what you think ! =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)