Project Team Bazaar

Hey y'all, recently saw a Rabia video where he was complaining and yelling about a Hisuian Typhlosion running Extrasensory and expert-belt and thought it was fun enough to build a team around since I haven't loved using scarf Typhlosion in the past.
https://pokepast.es/1cd5fdb094d86ff5

:Typhlosion-Hisui:
Typhlosion-Hisui @ Expert Belt
Ability: Frisk
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Infernal Parade
- Extrasensory
- Eruption
- Tera Blast
To be honest I just love expert belt as an item. Running Tera-Fairy Terablast to catch dark switch-ins on a switch
:Muk-Alola:
Muk-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Touch
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Nothing special here, just here to absorb special attacks
:Vikavolt:
Vikavolt @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Tera Blast
Web setter, ground immunity, hard hitter. I would love to keep this mon on the team if at all possible (yes I know Galvantula is far superior in most situations for webs)
Tera-fire because I thought it was cool (that's honestly the main reason + steel type switch in?)
:Mienshao:
Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance
Not scarfed since Krook is the scarf mon of the team. Never been super comfortable running double scarf
:Tsareena:
Tsareena (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Triple Axel
Offensive pivot and spinner, no innovation done by me
:Krookodile:
Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Poison
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
Scarf Cleaner, one of my all-time favorite mons tbh
I know the team lacks a flying type and water type as well as any hazards aside from webs, but I don't know what to change to fulfill those needs. Any and all feedback would be super appreciated but if possible I want to keep the Typhlosion set as is :^)

After returning to NU and playing a bit, I’ve made an at least semi-decent team that’s gotten a ton of wins recently.

:lycanroc-dusk::dragalge::mienshao::slowbro::brute bonnet::talonflame:
(Click on sprites for link)

This started out with me wanting to make a team featuring Lycanroc-Dusk after failing multiple times to do a good Specs Dragalge team. So, that’s where I started. SD Lyc-D + Specs Galge create a strong wallbreaking core in which Galge deals with physical walls like Slowbro, and Lyc-D takes advantage of Galge’s Flip Turn to surprise special walls like Alolan Muk. Next, I added Mienshao who helps clear Steel-types but mostly is there for revenge-killing and speed control. I chose Ice Spinner over Stone Edge because I can deal with Talonflame in other ways and Dragon-types like Flygon could be an issue otherwise. Rocky Helmey Slowbro + AV Brute Bonnet create a bulky core that still maintain offensive pressure while also dealing with Ground-types. Finally, I added Talonflame for hazard control and to have a Ground immunity.

Overall, this team has served me well the last few days. The only issue with it is that you have no way to set up hazards, but, if you’re really concerned, you can run Stealth Rock over Swords Dance. I wouldn’t recommend it however as I found, with the switches Lycanroc-D causes—which more than it should be, set-up is easier to accomplish, and it can wrap games up. Another issue that could arise is dealing with special breakers, but, if Brute Bonnet can’t handle it, half of the team, Scarf Mienshao + Talonflame + Accelerock Lyc-D, don’t have an issue at all at picking them off.

Inspired by Diamonds_realm's Chandelure set from Next Best Thing, I set out to create a hazard stack offense that utilized defensive Chandelure as the team's spinblocker. The team has been very fun to use and nabbed me a win in my first BLT game, give it a shot!

-=[:chandelure::klefki::thundurus::krookodile::tsareena::dragalge:]=-

:chandelure: Chandelure: Max physdef with painsplit and wisphex. Still deals a lot of damage uninvested thanks to base 145 SpA.

:klefki: Klefki: Obligatory hazard setter for hazards-based team. Magnet rise seems neat.

:thundurus: Thundurus: Offensive pivot with knock off to remove pesky boots

:krookodile: Krookodile: Scarfer, Knocker, and Rocker. Sometimes can clean in endgame via Moxie.

:tsareena: Tsareena: Hazard spinner with yet another knock off. I went with an offensive spread because I wanted to deal damage.

:dragalge: Dragalge: Defensive pivot with strong STAB combo, provides a handy grounded poison, tons of resists, and now actually has Dragon Tail to help with calm mind Dudunsparce.

Last edited:
Partial Rain HO

:basculegion: :tornadus: :kingdra: :iron thorns: :lucario: :brambleghast:

I realized I hadn't contributed anything here and I've been sitting on some decent teams! I think the rain sweepers (especially Kingdra) can be really scary but the problem with rain is that you have to manually set it, so not many people are using rain right now. Understandably Sun is a bit easier to manage since drought ninetails is in the tier. I wanted to try and blend rain and traditional HO into one team. Brambleghast is the lead, iron thorns and lucario are both running lure sets to help break down the opposing team for late game rain to blast through. Legion is scarf adaptability here over swift swim so it can benefit from the rain but not solely function in the rain. It operates as a revenge killer/normal scarfer in the early game before rain has gone up as well. There is a more detailed explanation below, mons ordered in the order they typically come out.

Replay vs Shen
VS Sun 1
VS Sun 2

More Detailed Explanation
:brambleghast: Brambleghast - Lead
Bramble is our suicide lead here. Its job is to get up a spike, spin away hazards from opposing leads, and then poltergeist or curse for chip/a set up opportunity for one of the sweepers.

:iron thorns: Iron Thorns - Breaker
Iron thorns is a powerful and somewhat underrated sweeper right now. This team's goal is to overwhelm the opponent and thorns here typically functions more like a breaker than a late game cleaner. It loves to be able to DD after bramble clicks curse early game and proceed to knock holes in the opponent's team. Terablast grass gives thorns the ability to get through the ground types more effectively (especially the ground/water types like gastro that are a problem for rain), supercell is there for massive damage and ice punch rounds out its coverage hitting things like flygon and grass types that otherwise wall iron thorns here.

:lucario: Lucario - Mixed breaker
Lucario here is sporting a bit of an unusual set, at least compared to the typical SD E-Speed "E-Killer" sets. This lucario is a mixed wallbreaker with 4 attacks. Close combat is of course the stab of choice, extreme speed for picking things off and priority, shadow ball 2 hits slowbro (very valuable for the team), and psychic 2 hits Vileplume (also very valuable for the team.) Potentially luring and weakening these mons makes it much easier for legion to power through with rain support late game. Originally I had vacuum wave over psychic for cloyster/lycanroc-dusk but I think hitting plume is more valuable.

:tornadus: Tornadus - Rain Setter
Tornadus' main role here is to set up rain. As such torn should be played carefully. At most it will be able to set rain twice, but typically just once. The idea is to have that 1 time be enough after lucario/thorns have broken holes/weakened checks on the opposing team. Hurricanes from torn are powerful in their own right and a lot of teams have trouble switching into the combination of hurricane and weather ball under rain. Still tornadus typically has to take a hit to set rain so prioritize getting the rain up over clicking offensive moves with tornadus most of the time. U-Turn over focus blast is also an option here.

:basculegion: Basculegion - Rain Sweeper / Scarfer
Choice Scarf Basculegion is the quintessential partial rain mon. The idea of this set is largely what gave way to the creation of this team. With a choice scarf and adaptability legion is already a decent scarfer in the tier and has good damage output on its water moves, that are of course boosted further under rain. A scarf adaptability set is chosen here over swift swim because it allow legion to function both in and out of rain. Outside of rain its a good scarfer; in rain its a major threat. Terablast ghost is here because legion honestly doesn't have good coverage moves here and being able to kill slowbro in a pinch is valuable. 9/10 games you shouldn't tera legion since you lose the adaptability boost to its water moves, but it is there in a pinch.

:kingdra: Kingdra - Rain Sweeper / Star of the show
Swift swim kingdra really needs no introduction. This mon is very scary under rain, outspending the entire tier under rain, ohkoing most offensive mons with weather ball, dropping Dracos, hurricaning grass types, and taking names. Most games you will use Kingdra late game to finish off what the rest of the team has started. Weather balls is used over hydro pump or surf for a balance of power and accuracy, but both of those are fine options as well. Draco is your secondary stab. Hurricane (not really sure why this mon gets this but it's a cool option!) is there to hit grass types harder. Ice beam is an option as well but hurricane has a higher base power and you already have draco for dragon types. Flip turn does decent chip with life orb and the rain boost, but most of the time you will be clicking one of your other moves. Most of the time you want to save tera water for kingdra for the silly damage tera water life orb weather ball does in the rain! 252 SpA Life Orb Tera Water Kingdra Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro in Rain: 205-243 (52 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Mixed Legion Volt-Turn

:basculegion: :mienshao: :magnezone: :talonflame: :slowbro: :flygon:

I'm back again with another team! This time I'm posting the team I made using the mixed legion set me and Diamonds_realm worked on! This a momentum based team that uses pivoting to gain positioning and chip down the opposing team. Legion is sporting a mixed set with shadow ball where wave crash into shadow ball kills slowbro (if they are lefties and there are no hazards its like an 80% roll in your favor, otherwise it is 100%). Luring slowbro opens up for mienshao to clean late game. More detail description below!

Legion kills muk bro and ohkoes cloyster
Replay vs Balance
Long Replay Where Bro + Legion Win in the End

Detailed Description
:Basculegion: Basculegion
I won't go into too much detail on the set here, check out the breakdown Diamonds did on the underrated sets thread! This legion is a great mixed wallbreaker noticeably luring slowbro, but also hitting a lot of physical walls hard with shadow ball while maintaining the same power as scarf legion on its water moves. Wave crash is your main stab, shadow ball hits slowbro (after a wave crash) and 2 hits a lot of other physical walls, jet is nice priority and flip turn gets you chip and momentum.

:mienshao: Mienshao
After we lure slowbro we need to have something that appreciates it being gone! Mienshao is the premier scarfer in the tier for good reason, and has incredible longevity thanks to regenerator. I think most of us agree that shao is the second best mon in the tier after slowbro.

:slowbro: Slowbro
Speaking of the best mon in the tier, here he is! Slowbro provides a defensive backbone to the team helping it to not lose to a lot of the physical threats in the tier. Slowbro is very hard to kill after a cm, scald spam is great into basically all of the tier, and psychic noise prevents recovery which is another nice trick for it to have up its sleeve. Psyshock is also a perfectly workable option here.

:Magnezone: Magnezone
AV Magnezone is a special tank for the team. While it doesn't have lasting recovery, it does check a lot of the special attackers in the tier and it also gains momentum into talonflame, another notable thorn in Mienshao's side. Modest and Analytic allow zone to still hit hard on the switch while maintaining solid bulk. Tera Dragon and mirror coat are on here mainly for the Sun matchup, allowing zone to check venusuar.

:Talonflame: Talonflame
Talonflame is in my opinion, the best hazard removal in the tier. Having cleared hazards is very important for keeping this team healthy as it wants to switch around a lot by nature. It leverages its speed, typing, and burns to check many physical attackers and burn the opponents as they try to u turn. It is also the team's answer to krookodile (unless they have stone edge but that isn't common) and does a great job supporting the team.

:flygon: Flygon
The team needed a ground type (for a powerful EQ and a stop to volt switch) and a hazard in the last slot. While krook could also function here, flygon has access to a pivoting move in u turn, and priority in first impression.

Last edited:
Tailwind Offense

:whimsicott::heart::brambleghast:

Hello everyone. I've been grinding this team on ladder and finally used it in Week 2 of BLT. Now I will turn it loose to you, the people. Whimsicott has surprised me as a support option for offense teams, particularly with Eject Button. It serves as a pivot against scary setup mons which either hit you (free pivot) or try to set up (free Encore*). It sets priority Tailwind for our star of the show, Brambleghast, and his supporting crew. Memento is also handy for giving you an opportunity to set up a sweeper. In this case, we often try to close out the game using Iron Thorns.

*Encore may not work against other priority mons. Shengineer holds no liability for getting swept by enemy Cetitan. If you have any concerns, consider asking Incineroar to crit a Flare Blitz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)