Resource Team Bazaar

TR Offense (kinda?)
:Slowking: :Conkeldurr: :Enamorus-therian: :slither wing: :tsareena: :zoroark-hisui:

The goal of this team is to disrupt the common speed dynamics being used atm with Trick Room, giving room for strong breakers to soften the team for either Slither Wing or Zoroark-H to clean in the late game.

:Slowking: Slowking is a GODSEND to this tier, providing so much support for teams while not being incredibly passive. Trick Room and Chilly Reception allow you to get your strong breakers into a favourable position. The 1 speed IV is in case you find other min speed slowking trying to chilly reception, so that you can get the "slower" one in Trick Room.
:Conkeldurr: Conkeldurr is the main physical breaker, being incredibly powerful once Guts activates. The only notable thing about it is its Tera type being Dark, which is mainly due to the team's poor matchup versus Indeedee-M clicking expanding Force.
:Enamorus-therian: Specs Enamorus-T is a monster, given the current lack of defensive steels the tier has, and the ones that do exist are covered by Earth Power + Mystical Fire. The last moveslot was kinda free, so I added Healing Wish to bring back the other members in a pinch.
:slither wing: Slither Wing acts both as a pivot with U-turn and priority for the team. Its last moveslot is also quite customizable, but I like Flare Blitz for the people that insist on using Forretress as their hazard lead. Morning Sun is also a neat option now that rain is a bit less common.

The last two slots are a bit more shacky. This iteration of the team has Tsareena for spinning and Zoroark-H as a scarfer and cleaner, but other options like Donphan and Gengar could also fit those roles quite well. Tsareena is nice for priority blocking and being a grass type pivot, while also mixing quite well with Zoroark-H by dissuading the usage of priority moves into it with Ilusion. The amount of fighting types have made Zoroark-H's typing quite desirable atm, while also having trick to disrupt more defensive teams.

The team has done quite well on ladder, but it definitely needs more work. Feel free to change it as you see fit :]

MamoDog Offense
:mamoswine: + :okidogi: + :iron-jugulis: + :rotom-wash: + :cresselia: + :volcanion:

Been really enjoying laddering with this team in the mid 14-1500s, even in the midst of RULT. Not sure how long it will be legal, since Jugulis is by far the most common target for tiering action right now, but thought I'd share, anyway.

Edit: <24 hours, lolololol :psysad:

The starting point was the Mamo + Dogi pairing I posted about in Good Cores.

Band Dogi is an under-utilized set that smashes through a lot of would-be Physical "walls" with good prediction or late game when it can just pick one of its 120 BP STABs and go to town. SlowBro is 2HKO'd by Gunk Shot. Hippo takes 44% minimum from Close Combat. Tera Dark eliminates that nasty 4x Psychic weakness and boosts Knock Off. Psychic Fangs hits opposing Dogis and the many things that want to click Tera Poison.

Dice Mamo offers improved power and reliability over Icicle Crash along with sash/disguise breaking. Icicle Spear will KO MMQ through disguise if you get 5 hits or click Tera Ice. Rock Blast wrecks a lot of would-be switch-ins. STAB EQ is STAB EQ, and Ice Shard offers massive utility for a team that's light on out-of-the-box speed control.

Jugulis is the main speed control while also rounding out both the offensive and defensive profile of the team exceptionally well. Dogi, in particular, loves having a teammate that offers immunities to 2 of its three weaknesses, while Mamo offers an electric immunity and ice resist to Jugulis. Air Slash over hurricane purely because I one time missed literally 13 hurricanes in a row and now I don't mess with that shit, but it also adds to the Flinch Hax (especially with the para support offered by other team members).

SpDef WashTom is here to answer opposing Juguli and to provide a reliable defensive partner for Dogi and Mamo, offering another ground immunity plus flying, water, and steel resists. Wisp is there to help manage the team's so-so physical bulk, while Discharge offers an electric attack you can click repeatedly plus solid odds of para.

Utility Cress is another set I've posted about previously. Especially with Tera Steel, it offers a massive level of support into the likes of Revavroom, Salamence, Mamo, Iron Leaves, and many, many more. Its job is to sponge hits, spread paralysis, occasionally chip things down if they can't threaten it, and use Lunar Dance to bring back another `mon to clean up the match.

Finally, Volcanion is here to offer a breaker on the special side to help preserve Jugulis' BE until it can clean. 4 Attacks Volcanion has very few switch-ins, and even they don't want to risk a Sludge Bomb poison proc. Tera Ghost because every team needs a Tera Ghost to help with Maus if it doesn't have another better answer.

A few options for mix-ups:
Mamo could run either Rocks or Trail Blaze over Rock Blast. Getting the extra coverage from Rock Blast is nice, but so are hazards, which this team otherwise doesn't run.

I've started playing around with Helmet Cress, and I think it's a positive change, but I don't have replays with it yet, so I didn't want to post it. It also frees you up to run Tera Ground on Volc. Cress can also run a second attack instead of Lunar Dance, as mentioned in the Metagame Thread post.

Jugulis can swap out taunt for a fourth attack (Flamethrower or Hydro Pump) or Work Up.

A few threats:
Raikou is an underrated 'mon in general right now, and particularly with Tera Water sets, it can threaten the whole team if Dogi gets weakened.
Maus is dumb, even threatening a 2HKO on Tera Steel Cress if it gets to +1, thus the suggestion to swap to helmet Cress.
Tera Steel Salamence can be a bother, since it can just keep DDing after you para it.
There is no great counter-lead into Sash Kleavor. Dogi can punch it hard and take minimal damage back, but in the best case, Sash activates and now you're choice locked. Mamo can OHKO with Rock Blast (+ Ice Shard on a bad roll) and Washtom can Wisp -> Hydro Pump, but both take a chunk from Stone Axe. So you've got to look at the rest of the MU and pick your poison.

A few replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ru-2063602545
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ru-2063638597
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ru-2063615768 (90% sure Dogi and Volc take this one even without the Gunk Shot misses at the end)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ru-2060911069

Last edited:
As of March 2024, this team isn't usable in SV RU !!! However I won't delete my post yet as lower tiers tend to be quite unstable, so maybe the team could be reusable in some times.
Sun Donphan BO
:ninetales: :venusaur: :lilligant-hisui: :volcanion: :donphan: :entei:

This is a classic sun team with Venusaur and Lilligant-Hisui as the main sun abusers (guaranteed stall breaker).
:ninetales: Ninetales is the sun setter, with encore and healing wish it's a great support to the team.
:venusaur: Venusaur can hit really hard with its stabs +:life-orb:lo, also with growth it can get some really important kill.
:lilligant-hisui: Lilligant-Hisui hit hard too, with its stabs + triple axel it can hit most of the meta easily (only:armarouge:Armarouge and:typhlosion-hisui:Typhlosion-Hisui will cause you a problem but their usage are pretty low).
:volcanion: Volcanion is here to have an answer to rain threat. Here its spread is offensive to deals some damage after coming on a water type move.
:donphan: Donphan is the only defensive mon in this team. It put the SR and can remove them with RS, it has access to Knock Off and a strong stab Earthquake, this mon really does its job well and can take really well foe's physical moves, especially with:rocky-helmet:Rocky Helmet.
:entei: CB Entei and its great attack stat does a lot of damage and is a great revenge killer with ES (and can deal even more damage with tera normal). With the sun, its stab Sacred Fire is boosted and can 2hko, even ohko a part of the current meta.

Some threats :
  • :zoroark-hisui: The team has no switch-in to Zoroark-Hisui, its specs set can just go on the terrain after the sun gone and kill whatever you will sacrifice. Also with its ability it may surprise and gain some momentum. However even the scarf set isn't faster than:venusaur:Venusaur or:lilligant_hisui:Lilligant-Hisui under the sun so it's possible to revenge kill it.
  • :slowking:Slowking has access to Chilly Reception and can stop the sun, essential to the team. Also with its great ability to tank special move, it can easily take some Solar Beam from:ninetales:Ninetales and click Chilly Reception, Future Sight or even Surf.
Note : Slowking rose in UU as of March 2024.

Some replays :
Match against rain
Match against HO
Match against sticky HO

Last edited:
I finally feel confident enough on this team to post it here, so here we go:
:Deoxys-defense: :okidogi: :Slither Wing: :Zoroark-Hisui: :Tsareena: :Gardevoir:

The main goal of the team is to punch holes in the team for an Okidogi sweep or a Zoroark-H clean, though garde and slither wing can also act as good end game wincons depending on the type of game. Let's go over each member:

:Deoxys-defense:
One of the new march drops, Deo-D has become one of my favorite mons to use, being an excellent enabler for the team between spikes pressure and safe pivoting/sacking with Teleport. Recover gives you some longevity and Psycho Boost makes it a bit less passive, specially since most people are expecting variants with no attacks outside Knock Off. The speed investment makes it faster than jolly base 70s, which I think is a good benchmark to hit given the presence of Bisharp, Breloom, Volcanion, adamant max speed Slither wing and Politoed (yes, I've encountered enough max speed politoeds for it to be an issue).

:Okidogi:
The star of the team and the main pokemon I wanted to build around, this mon is INSANE after a Bulk Up, specially considering how physically oriented the meta is. you have almost perfect coverage for the tier between dual STAB + Knock Off, only missing on opposing Okidogi. The speed investment is, again, to outspeed jolly base 70s (you don't want your breaking to be interrupted by an unfortunate Iron Head flinch from Bisharp), while the rest goes mainly into special bulk.

:Slither Wing:
This is my favorite RU mon coming from gen 9. It does so much for my teams, putting work in almost every matchup. In this team, it mainly acts as a pivot and a check to more offensive teams like Rain with First Impression. The only notable quirks it has are the Stellar Tera, which has come in handy but feel free to change it to a more defensive one, and Flare Blitz, which is mainly for the renewed usage of Forretress.

:Zoroark-Hisui:
The scarfer on the team, and enabler of mind games alongside Tsareena. The 2 moke an amazing combo since Zoroark is so weak to priority, but by having it disguised as Tsareena it's very unlikely you'll get hit by stuff like Aqua Jet or Sucker Punch, giving you more leeway to deal damage to the opponent. Trick is there for bulkier builds and Flamethrower for the steel types. This slot could also be filled by Gengar, but I've find more success with the edgy fox personally.

:Tsareena:
The hazard removal for the team, another pivot for Okidogi and a priority dissuader. Knock off support is also quite nice for breaking in the late game, specially with Spikes support. Again, this slot is not fixed, with Cyclizar being a good replacement, but I like having an Earthquake resistance.

:Gardevoir:
This slot was hard to figure out, having swapped between various breakers (CB crawdawnt, Hoopa-U, Florges, Sylveon), untill I remembered that Trace is an ability that exists XD. Garde does wonders for the weather matchup (only being outsped by Kingdra and jolly Overquill) while also being an excellent breaker on its own with Specs. Trick can give Okidogi setup fodder or improve the matchup against Chansey. The rest of the moves are quite standard.

I usually stay between 1350 and 1450 with the team, though I think I broke over 1500 on a good day. Still, it's very fun to use, so I hope you like it :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)