Resource Team Bazaar

Using my set from the Creative Sets thread, Here's the full RMT that I promised:
(click the sprites for the pokepaste!)
:sv/mudsdale: :sv/scream_tail: :sv/coalossal: :sv/maushold: :sv/grafaiai: :sv/rotom-mow:
THE HORSE IS IN - Choice Band Mudsdale Bulky Offense

Banded Mudsdale is an incredible wallbreaker due to its defensive utility and huge offensive movepool. EQ/Edge/CC/Heavy Slam hits almost the entire bulky meta for a 2HKO and the entire offensive meta for a OHKO. On top of this monstrous offense, Mudsdale also has the luxury of Stamina and phenomenal 100/100/85 bulk. Every single setup threat barring Poltergeist can’t 1v1 this thing because of how obscenely bulky it is with Max HP investment. Plus, this thing gets even bulkier with wish support, letting it keep on the pressure and stay defensively useful throughout a game (especially if you tera steel for the better typing and Heavy Slam STAB boost!). If you want to know more, the full Banded Mudsdale post is here.

Next up is Scream Tail, who is basically an auto-add on all of my BO/Balance teams in this tier. Anti-Setup, wish support, and a blanket special check in one team slot? Sign me up! Wish support is the most useful on Mudsdale and the next member, who you were probably skeptical of when you first saw this post unless your name is Melt Gibson.

Coalossal is actually good. It doesn’t even need to tera to be the best. It just switches in on all of the u-turners, spins away hazards, sets up hazards for yourself, and does big chip with Overheat. Rock Blast is good consistent damage and anti-substitute for when Overheat's one and done nature won't fit the situation. Flamethrower over Overheat and Will-o-wisp over Rock Blast is also a strong option, but it's truly up to personal preference. As previously mentioned, Scream Tail can heal it up so that it can keep doing its job. But really, if you are still skeptical, try Coalossal yourself; you won’t be disappointed.

My team is quite slow so far, so the next members are all pretty fast. Next is Speedy Gonzales, a wincon that appreciates Mudsdale’s wallbreaking. Any strong threats that might want to revenge kill Maushold are taking big damage from Mudsdale’s EQ, plus any passive threats that might want to mess with hazards/status are ruined by the massive damage that Mudsdale gives. Not much else to say; if you’ve played SV competitive, you know what Maushold does.

Another fast member is Grafaiai. Anti-Offense and Anti-Stall in one team slot as well as pivoting in Mudsdale made this a no-brainer. The biggest thing that it does is Knock Off some rocky helmets and toxic passive mons to set up Mudsdale and Maushold for an easy sweep, and it’s pretty good at it. Air Balloon is chosen over boots because my team only has one ground resist and it’s nice for Rotom-Mow to get worn down slower.

Finally, we have Rotom-Mow, the funniest of the Rotom forms concept wise and the form that's best in the current meta in my opinion. It’s here because I needed a ground immunity, a special attacker, and a way to pressure bulky grounds & waters, so this was a natural fit. Choice Scarf lets me cripple walls and provides some very nice speed for revenge killing. There’s not much else to say, but it’s a very valuable member that puts in work in pretty much every game.

And that’s all! Teambuilding tips are very much appreciated. If you are wondering what the nicknames are references to, here you go:
  • Mudsdale is named “The Horse Is In” because I thought that it would be funny if I said “The Horse Is In” every time that Mudsdale was about to get a kill.
  • Scream Tail is named “Mining Away” after the old parody song “Mine Diamonds” from all of those years ago. The name is there because Scream Tail screams very loudly which hurts your ears, similar to listening to that song.
  • Coalossal is named Supa Hot Fire because of the old meme with the terrible rapper named “Supa Hot Fire”with nonsensical lyrics. Coalossal is a fire type that gets very hot.
  • Maushold is named Speedy Gonzales after the Looney Tunes character, a mouse who moves very fast everywhere
  • Grafaiai is named “A Little Trolling” because of its Prankster ability and how annoying it is to play against in general.
  • Rotom-Mow is named “Neighbor at 5AM” because of the joke of the idea of that one neighbor who always mows their lawn super early in the morning and wakes you up before you want to.

Players of SV UU, have you ever realized that your opponent might be having too much fun? Maybe you might have been chatting with them and seen that they are in a good mood? This, of course, is completely unacceptable, thus I made a team to completely invert those emotions.

(click the sprites for the pokepaste!)
:sv/iron_hands: :sv/pawmot: :sv/gardevoir: :sv/slowking: :sv/tinkaton: :sv/talonflame:
Why have ONE Iron Hands when you could have FOUR?

You read that right. You just got certified to serve four doses of soon-to-be-BL directly to your opponent, and there's nothing that they can do as they watch your robo-hariyama's health bar go back up to 100% for the third time in the last 20 turns.

The first three members of the team have already been described to you. SD Iron Hands is obviously broken, but it's at least somewhat held back by its inability to claim more than about two kills per game and its inability to break past Quagsire without Tera Blast or banded CC. So, what happens when you pair it with three full health restores and future sight to nuke quagsire? Why, you get the most obscenely stupid mon to ever exist. I know that I use a lot of hyperbole to make shitmons sound better than they are in my analysis, but I'm not even kidding with this one. Just look at this replay lovingly saved in my "replays" google doc as "QOB Rages At Iron Hands." It just keeps coming back and QOB can do absolutely NOTHING to stop it. When you can revive a healing wish user for this much repeated power, it just gets ridiculous.

The rest of the team is built to patch up any general holes and check boxes. Slowking is a good pivot, TInk is a rocker, and Taunt Talon helps with stallbreaking and keeping hazards off so that Iron Hands is in the best shape possible for crushing the dreams of the 1050 ladder. My defensive answers to common threats seem to lack in longevity or be easily taken out by a correct prediction at first glance, but 3 Healing Wishes circumvents this issue to an extent.

Anyway, there seem to be a couple of surface level problems that people might want to point out, so I'll address them in a mini-FAQ.
- Q. This team seems a bit weak to Sandy Shocks. How do you deal with it?
A. Simply guess when it is going to use Earth Power or CC and switch in Slowking or Pawmot respectively. If you can't, get better.
- Q. Aren't you lacking in type diversity due to using both Electric/Fighting Types? Like, where is your ghost resist?
A. There are more deaths than on other teams here due to Revival Blessing, and whenever something dies a ghost is created. Therefore, since Ghost is super effective against Ghost, the ghosts of my dead team will simply kill the opponent's ghosts before they can get to the rest of my team.

- Q. Why can't you give a straight answer in this FAQ?
A. Why can't you just figure out why the team is good yourself?

And with that, I wish you all a good day. Use this team while you can, as the UU council is sadly very likely to ban Iron Hands in the future so that they can restore their beloved stall meta.

ps. here's a few things that i'd like to address:
- i know that this is a double post, but it's already been a week since the last one and I'm not waiting to post on a mon that's going to be quickbanned in the next couple of days.
- this RMT is a bit sillier and less serious than usual, but hey, this is a silly team.
- i know that the RMT is a bit short, but I wanted to get it out before iron hands was banned (which I am sure is happening very soon).
- i learned about the Iron Hands evs from someone in the UU chatroom. if that someone is you, please message me so that I can properly credit you for the set.

Sun Team

Just thought that I'd share a sun team I've been having fun with on the ladder for awhile. It's very apparent that Sun isn't going to be as tier warpingly strong as a lot of players expected but it's still a very fun playstyle that I think is on par with other offensive cheese strategies such as Psychic Terrain and Screens. Anyway here's the team:

:Torkoal: :Slither-Wing: :Espeon: :Scovillain: :Sandy-Shocks: :Armarouge:
^click on the mons for the paste :3^

The gameplan is mainly to use your Pivot core consisting of Slither Wing + Sandy Shocks + Eject Button Espeon in order to bring in your hard hitters with the goal of having Armarouge break and Scovillain clean in the lategame. The only bulky mons on the team are Torkoal and Espeon, the latter of which being Eject Button to not make it a complete momentum sink. The rest of the team is dedicated solely to all out offense since this is supposed to be an HO team.

As for the individual sets they're pretty standard outside of a few details such as SW being Pads because Proto Wild Charge ohkos Tflame without a Choice Band. Espeon is Bulky with Eject Button so that it can pivot while also staying healthy enough to bounce back hazards. Scovillain could easily run Growth but since Scovillain is kind of a bad sweeper I decided to just use it as a cleaner instead. Shocks is Wise Glasses because it doesn't really have a better item it can run that doesn't give it any severe drawbacks apart from Boots, which feels kinda pointless given that I have an Espeon so I took the general power boost instead. Armarouge is Specs with 4 attacks since Trick feels kinda pointless given that I have to bring it over a necessary coverage move and since Armarouge can 2hko most of the metagame with a proper prediction (or a Sun boosted Armor Cannon).

Pros:
  • Sun as a playstyle overall has a good matchup against most teamstyles.

• Both defensive and offensive counterplay is rare and can usually be teched for.

• Most teams aren't prepared for facing sun teams yet.
Cons:
  • Hippowdon and Tyranitar are more common than ever and both can be a pain to deal with.

• Buffing your opponents Protosynthesis mons can be really rough since all of the good ones threaten you severely.

• As the metagame evolves more teams will adapt to sun akin to how they adapted to rain.

Closing Thoughts

So overall sun isn't nearly as broken as most of us probably expected it to be but it's still a solid part of the SV UU Metagame that I hope gets explored and pushed further. Personally I think that this playstyle is on par with most of the other Hyper Offense strategies we currently have but that will probably have to be proven in the (hopefully near) future.

And finally

Replays:

The first "good" game I played while using sun
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1789714447-9ux15r8b7utg02d27cwfzeo89hm9xf5pw

Probably the best game I played while using sun (and also totally not vs the same player xd)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1789731093-kqwba28ixam4k7ysd537nn0on41dv6rpw

Funny Hail Replay that's here for shits and giggles.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1789736054-2dqb5l5vommucoawt6fhyjufvb311dxpw

Last edited:

Melt Gibson

planting gardens in the potholes
is a Forum Moderator
Wolf In Mice's Clothing - Zoroark + Maushold Offense
[sets here]
:zoroark: :maushold-four: :tsareena: :talonflame: :gastrodon: :grafaiai:

Built this one with some help from watfor as a revamped version of an idea they had, the basic concept being that you bait out potential Tera Ghosts by disguising Zoroark as Maushold and then proceeding to hit them with Knock Off. This works both as a scouting tool and as a way to bait and remove possible checks that could prevent Maushold from sweeping.

Choice Band Zoroark is one of two major components of this team, often disguising itself as Maushold to take advantage of Ghost types that would act as answers to Population Bomb. Knock Off serves as both your primary STAB move and as a way to neutralize potential threats, whether that be through removal of items or through outright killing them. U-Turn serves as a way to maintain momentum should you find yourself in an unfavorable situation, as well as decent damage in certain situations, such as facing an opposing Tyranitar but not being able to safely click Low Kick. Low Kick serves as a way to deal heavy damage to things such as Bisharp, Tyranitar, and anything else that can effectively take a Knock Off, while Trick in conjunction with Zoroark's respectable speed allows you to surprise more passive enemies by locking them out with Choice Band. Sucker Punch is an option in the last slot as well, as priority can be extremely useful against threats such as Gengar or Polteageist.

Maushold is pretty much standard. Wide Lens to get your Population Bomb hits in, Tidy Up to set up and remove hazards, Bite to hit ghosts, Protect to scout and defend against First Impression. Tera Fire to save yourself from burns. No real changes or anything that I could suggest, Encore over Protect is viable but I wouldn't recommend it, especially as Slither Wing does already give this team a little trouble.

Tsareena is your removal and your other prime Zoroark disguise, seeing as it can help you to bait in spinblockers that Tsareena often loses to. Power Whip, U-Turn, and Rapid Spin are your standard tried and true three slots, while Low Sweep is a bit of odd tech. Primarily, it functions in the same way Low Kick does, by hitting things such as Bisharp that otherwise would wall you and allowing you to take advantage of your immunity to priority. However, Low Sweep's additional effect of lowering Speed by one stage proves useful against the Flying and Dragon types that often switch in to Tsareena and attempt to take advantage of it. Additionally, you still 2HKO Bisharp without having to worry about Defiant proccing, as you're faster than it and still immune to Sucker Punch. Low Kick, Taunt, and Synthesis are all viable fourth slots as always.

Talonflame serves as a pivot, soft check to the bugs, and way to cripple physical breakers and Tinkaton. Tera Ghost allows you to use it as an emergency spinblocker and check to Extreme Speed Lucario, while 136 Speed with a Jolly Nature allows you to outspeed Maushold and anything slower. Max Speed is also viable if you want to be able to U-Turn or Blitz on Kilowattrel and Noivern.

Gastrodon provides a defensive backbone and a way for the team to deal with Gengar should Zoroark fail, as well as setting rocks and absorbing Water attacks. Not much to really say here, standard SpDef Gastro.

Grafaiai adds some utility to allow you more wiggle room while positioning, as well as forcing progress against bulkier teams with Toxic and scouting for Maushold with Knock Off. 144 Speed with a Jolly nature allows you to be faster than Mimikyu and anything slower. This could also be exchanged for an offensive Grafaiai set with Poison Touch, but the lack of priority is a very real danger to consider when making this change.

Good luck and have fun!

As the suspect test is nearing its final week, I wanted to share an interesting team that I did not expect to work as well as it did
:SV/Brambleghast: :SV/Polteageist: :SV/Mimikyu: :SV/Gengar: :SV/Iron Hands: :SV/Salamence:
Ghost Themed Hyper-Offense
https://pokepast.es/2d77aef6464ce11a

The team was inspired by another HO sample posted by Crushy
https://pokepast.es/e7c7091a476a456d

Although I didn't really vibe with that team for the most part, I was intrigued by the Brambleghast lead. Its typing makes it a solid Spikes setter, and its own access to Rapid Spin helps keep spikes off your side of the field. The combo of Strength Sap + Curse was quite effective in crippling opponents. The latter (surprisingly) helped a lot in situations where opponents would try to set up on Brambleghast, severely limiting their longevity. Infiltrator is there to guarantee Curse or Rapid Spin hits through any potential sub the mon might encounter.

Mimikyu serves as one of my potential physical sweepers, with a Life Orb SD set + an Adamant nature to maximize damage output. Wood Hammer is there to snipe Quagsire, which would otherwise successfully wall it. Salamence is your typical D-Dance Set, with STABS in Outrage and Dual Wingbeat, and good coverage in Earthquake. Tera Steel helps against fairies, and can provide opportunities for it to set up for the sweep. Sub + NP Gengar is a pain for teams without the adequate checks. Tera Dark is there to prevent Prankster from having any impact on it + giving Gengar Dark/Ghost Resists (For Sucker Punch/Shadow Sneak).

Sash Shell Smash Polteageist is an HO must have, and its set here is your typical one, with Stored Power/Tera Fighting/Shadow Ball providing great coverage to blast away/sweep opposing teams. I chose Cursed Body over Weak Armor to give Polteageist a chance to have some utility in case the set up failed. The last mon, Iron Hands, is probably the most important one considering the threats Bisharp and Tyranitar can pose to my ghosts. I decided to go with a physically defensive spread to adequately switch into most physical attacking mons with ease. I run the standard SD/Drain Punch/Thunder Punch + Earthquake to hit opposing hands with more power. Tera Fairy is used as a solid defensive typing + getting rid of weaknesses against both Armarouge and Sandy Shocks (with their respective STAB's).

I probably spent loads more time writing this post than slapping this team together lol, but this team has genuinely surprised me with its consistency to nab wins. There are probably loads of things you can change about this team, including replacing Brambleghast, giving Gengar Focus Blast to hit Bisharp/Tyranitar, or changing Iron Hands's set, etc. It's been fun to play with in its current form though, and it got me my first successful suspect reqs, so I do have a soft spot for this team. Hopefully this team can be of use for people, either in its current form or as a blueprint for future teams!

:SS/Cyndaquil:

Slip

dancing to alarm bells
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
AFTER THE MAGIC
:sv/donphan: :sv/lucario: :sv/espeon: :sv/mimikyu: :sv/tyranitar: :sv/salamence:
^^^ CLICK ME ^^^
This is quite the wacky HO I built for reqs which will probably become irrelevant if Iron Hands gets banned (which is why I'm posting it lol). I completed the req run in 36 games with a GXE of 81.1, so I believe the team to be pretty decent for ladder. Here is the thought process for each team member:

Parade (Donphan): I wanted to use Donphan as my hazards setter mainly because I miss Excadrill HO from SS. Pretty normal suicide set of rocks, eq, knock, and rapid spin. Tera ghost to block other spinners that may threaten Mimikyu from switching in (most spinners really). Salac Berry comes in surprisingly handy to pick up surprise KO's or vital spins/knock offs to help the team break further.

Arrival (Lucario): We got a few new Fighting-types but I still really like the tried and true for HO. Extreme Speed and Bullet Punch really come in handy to finish up sweeping teams and Tera Normal makes Extreme Speed hit extremely hard. Nothing to really look over here, but it is a nice mon to have.

Polaris (Espeon): Added Espeon as Stall deterent. Tera fairy really comes in handy and I found myself using it more often than not. This thing can completely wall and kill things like Scream Tail and Wo-Chien. Grass Knot is to break bulky waters and OHKO Iron Thorns at +1. Grafaiai also hates its life when faced against this mon as if it loses the speed tie or doesn't predict tera, then the rest of your team can usually instantly win the game.

Sketchbook (Mimikyu-BUSTED): Mimikyu is pretty good on HO rn. A free Swords Dance is always nice, while Shadow Sneak + Play Rough can handle a lot of Pokemon. Last move can be Shadow Claw or Wood Hammer, though I prefer Wood Hammer as I was having a lot of trouble with Quagsire without it. You could probably also replace this with sash Polteageist, but I have found more often times than not, Mimikyu has saved my ass from the First Impression bugs.

Insomnia (Tyranitar): TTar is a great setup sweeper rn imo. This thing survives every hit and can threaten everything else back with its great move pool. Standard set of DD, Stone Edge, EQ, with Lum Berry for burns. I decided to put Ice Punch last in order to help with dragons and Toedscruel as it can be a bit annoying for this team, but Crunch would probably be fine as well.

Imagination (Salamence): Salamence is another great setup sweeper rn. Tera steel is a great typing for this team as Iron Head can get through a lot of faries that the rest of the team might struggle with. EQ and DWB make up the other 2 move slots giving Mence perfect coverage. The set is standard but overall amazing to watch it shine (especially with hazards off the field helping its bulk to set up more).

Hope you enjoy the team and if you use it for reqs best of luck!

Last edited:
I'm kind of late to the party on this one but I've been holding off posting an actually good Stall team here for the awhile so I figured that now would be the perfect opportunity since we're probably gonna get a huge shakeup soon. This post will essentially just serve as a mini teamdump + a more in depth walkthrough of my thought process behind the stall team I used to go 30-0 for my reqs. First things first here's the Stall team:

:Blissey: :Scream Tail: :Alomomola: :Quagsire: :Talonflame: :Grafaiai:
^Click The Sprites For The Team :3^

The thought process behind this team is pretty simple; Scream Tail chokes out a lot of standard stall countermeasures like mainly Gallade, CM Armarouge and Sub + SD Iron Hands. Trying to make a team that can fit Scream Tail + the standard 4 mon Stall core is a pain but I think that I managed decently without losing out on too much utility. The team also uses HDB spam simply because losing vs Hazard stack is the worst feeling ever. As for the specific details, there's quite a lot going on but I'll try being brief.

:Blissey:
Blissey is supposed to act as the teams main special Tank aswell as the rocker and one of the two mandatory Gengar checks. This team is heavily focused on physically defensive mons, hence why Blissey is essentially required. No single mon can check as many mons as Blissey can while also having reliable Recovery and hazards, which is why Blissey is so important on stall teams in general.

:Scream Tail:
Scream Tail is supposed to act as the teams primary fighting resist and Iron Hands check since you can never have enough of those. The speed Evs are to ensure that you outspeed Timid Armarouge so that you can beat it in the 1v1, since you're Tanky enough to PP stall Armor Cannon pre cm boost and fast enough to Encore it into CM. The rest of the evs went into making it as Physically tanky as possible to deter Hands and Gallade more effectively. The Wish Passing utility is also huge since it lets you win in drawn out games where Recover PP might deplete.

:Alomomola:
Alomomola is the teams primary Physical sponge whose main job is to take on a lot of the DD Sweepers Quag doesn't like facing while also tanking
U-Turns without losing out on much HP in the long run. Chilling Water chokes out most DDers and Whirlpool punishes potential switchins, while Wish + Protect help with keeping the rest of the team healthy.

:Quagsire:
Quagsire is the teams main setup deterrent and also the Spiker. The moveset and evs are extremely standard outside of Liquidation, which is chosen over Earthquake since it means that you win the Hawlucha 1v1 while also having a move that can punish Talonflame harder than Toxic.

:Talonflame:
Talonflame is supposed to act as the teams form of hazard removal and also your main Lucario answer. Flare Blitz is chosen over the typical Brave Bird so that you can obliterate cocky Tinkaton who think that they can stay in and annoy you. The EV spread is kind of specific, mainly in an attempt to squeeze out as much Physical Bulk as possible while also outspeeding most of the relevant mons in the metagame, since you outspeed anything with Base 111 Speed or bellow.

:Grafaiai:
Grafaiai is here as the teams main Polteageist check and the mandatory secondary Gar check. It is chosen over more standard options like Tinkaton because of how it can more immediately force progress against a lot of teams because of how nothing wants to take Toxic or Knock Off outside of some Dark Types. It also acts as a backup check against a lot of setup sweepers thanks to Encore + Toxic, which gives you an overall better HO matchup.

Also here are the remainder of the teams I have been playing around with:

:Pawmot: :Scream Tail: :Altaria: :Hippowdon: :Grafaiai: :Tyranitar:
This is a balance team I made that's built around Scarf Pawmot.

:Indeedee: :Polteageist: :Froslass: :Hawlucha: :Drednaw: :Armarouge:
A Psychic Terrain team built around Froslass as the suicide lead (I also used this for my reqs).

:Torkoal: :Scream Tail: :Slither Wing: :Sandy Shocks: :Brute Bonnet: :Grafaiai:
Here's a weird Semi-Sun esque team I built around using all 4 Proto mons.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/2a2dfc64a7347103
This is a very offensive team built around gallade and slaking + doodle.
Slaking pairs perfectly with doodle grafaiai which has covert cloak to avoid fake out. In dire situations you can also toxic the slaking to boost facade.
Gastrodon has stealth rock and (as a nuance) uses sludge bomb for grass coverage (I preffer it over ice beam since the secondary effect is more likely to proc and poison also deals with fairy types that gallade is weak to)
Lokix is meant to deal with brambleghast and other ghost types.

Thought that I'd post some less outdated teams given that there has been quite the team drought as of late. Same team dump shenadigans as before except this time the main focus is a Balance squad instead of a Stall team (though there's certainly gonna be some stall later down the line :3). Anyway enough chit chat, here's the Scizor Balance build I've been using a lot as of late.

:Scizor::Alomomola::Wo-Chien::Talonflame::Kilowattrel::Tinkaton:
^Click The Sprites For The Team :3^

The idea behind this team was originally to use the fact that Scizor is an amazing pokemon on paper alongside Wish support to basically make it unkillable. Since the two actually good Wish passers are basically Fat exclusive atm I decided to make a team following said style, and what better way to do so than by slapping on one of my favourite Balance cores alongside a consistent Gar check and then calling it a day. Anyway here's the individual explanation behind the team choices:

:Scizor:
The team of course started out with Scizor since that was the main build around. Scizor's role on this team is similar to what Lucario does on most Balance squads but it's a bit more useful during the early-midgame, since Scizor has the same qualities of being useful as a revenge killer and lategame wincon but also has a much better defensive profile. Trailblaze is here alongside Life Orb to reliably OHKO the annoying Mudfish (:quagsire) from full, which is useful since A: Quagsire is super scary against defensive teams lacking Altaria a lot of the time and B: Most people don't expect the tech. Tera Steel is chosen to give BP a bigger kick to it.

:Alomomola:
I wanted a Wish Passer and since Scizor is being spammed to hell alongside screens teams packing DD mons that sit on fat I decided to use a bulky Wish mon which could handle all of them decently. The moveset itself is extremely basic and so are the Ev's, but the Tera Choice being Fairy is mainly because you gain absolutely no relevant weaknesses from choosing it and you also gain the most overall benefits. Tera Fighting could also be worth considering for extra Choice Band Tyranitar insurance but I personally dislike the Flying weakness.

:Wo-Chien:
Since I have a Bulky Water already it'd make sense to pair it with a Grass and Fire type to get that nice Fire-Water-Grass core, which is why I decided that I wanted a Bulky Grass with some nice utility. Wo-Chien was the obvious choice since it provides a nice Sandy Shocks check while also providing Knock Off support to help soften up the opposing team so that Scizor can come in and clean up. It also contributes to the "overwhelm the Talonflame" theme I decided to later adopt since it pressures it with Knock Off. Tera Ghost is moreso here to Spin Block in order to more reliably keep rocks up against Talonflame + Brambleghast cores and stuff like that.

:Talonflame:
Since I also needed a Fire type and a Defog mon I decided to combine both into one slot and what better to use than the tiers premier Scizor check. This alongside the fact that Talonflame is a good pokemon is why I chose it over the other alternative in Altaria. Flare Blitz is chosen over the standard Brave Bird to snipe Tinkaton harder and the EV spread let's you outspeed max speed 111s. Tera Ghost is chosen to punish Lucario and Maushold more effectively.

:Kilowattrel:
Kilowattrel was chosen since I wanted a Volt Switch mon and something decently fast. Originally it used Competitive as it's ability to punish Talonflame harder, however Volt Absorb ended up winning in the end since I lacked a Ground type to punish repeated Volt Switch attempts. This set is basically my attempt at getting "the best of both worlds", which is why it looks so weird. I wanted Roost + Tera Blast + Volt Switch on one set so badly and it kind of works in a really strange way? Gastrodon usage has been super low recently for some reason (this is also why Tera Ice is chosen over Tera Grass).

:Tinkaton:
And finally we have the mandatory Gengar check, who's also the teams Stealth Rocker. Protect is chosen to more efficiently scout opposing move choices and also since I didn't really find the other alternatives very appealing. Tinkaton was chosen over other similar alternatives like Tyranitar because it helps wear down and punish Talonflame easier for a lategame Scizor sweep, aswell as because it can handle most of our Hurricane spammers more efficiently and comes in easier against most of the metagame to recieve Wishes more consistently. Tera Ghost is chosen as an all around good option but Tera Dark is also a good choice.

Now that that's over with it's time for the last two filler choices.

:Blissey::Wo-Chien::Alomomola::Quagsire::Talonflame::Grafaiai:
This is basically just an updated version of my previous Stall Team made for an Iron Handsless metagame.

:Gengar::Magnezone::Oricorio-Sensu::Mimikyu::Froslass::Lucario:
This is probably one of my more unorthodox HO builds but it's also very fun to use.

Last edited:
Played a bit of uu today cuz I was bored and I made these teams

:coalossal: :gyarados: :donphan: :staraptor: :rotom-mow: :scizor:

Double spin double birb, watch out for the ugly larv bug guy

:slither-wing: :noivern: :talonflame: :tinkaton: :gastrodon: :tsareena:

This one is pretty basic I think, I just used sample sets mostly

:Oricorio-Pom-Pom: :Hippowdon: :Iron Thorns: :Slowking: :Talonflame: :scizor:

I stole this and recreated it but I put in a slowking for extra turn turn action and it fit well but yeah loaded dice damage is crazy

The tier was really fun, but lacks resources imo, hopefully this helps

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
Psyspam Hyper Offense
https://pokepast.es/6cccf99322627df5
:indeedee: :polteageist: :hawlucha: :espeon: :donphan: :maushold:
1. The team is built around enabling Sash Polteageist.
2. Indeedee brings Psychic terrain to stop Polteageist from being picked off by priority like Scizor's Bullet Punch, Loxix's First Impression etc. Psy Terrain also helps Polteageist vs Sp.Def Hippowdon. I am considering Tera Fire Indeedee here to help out vs Tinkaton.
3. Polteageist is the centrepiece if this team. It's a very deadly lategame cleaner but it has two main issues: setting up safely and priority moves. This team's other members are designed to remedy both these issues. Given the very strong hazard control this team has, Focus Sash remains unbroken in most games. Tera Blast nails Tyranitar and other dark types.
4. Hawlucha provides speed controp and a second deadly lategame cleaner.
5. Espeon provides Magic Bounce support, forming the first part of my Hazard Control core. Keeping hazards at bay is of paramount importance for this team.
6. Donphan sets up Rocks and helps keep Hazards at bay with spin. It provides a decent blanket physical check.
7. Tera Fire Maushold helps lure Tinkaton. It also has the added benefit of removing Hazards.

This likely has a lot of optimizations that could be made, but it's a decent team and has done well for me on ladder so far. It does have some consistency issues though.

Iron Leaves + Electric Terrain

1680722929258.png

:Iron Leaves: :Pincurchin: :Froslass: :Hawlucha: :Iron Jugulis: :Magnezone:
^Click On The Sprites For The Paste :3^

Iron leaves was by far the drop I was the most excited about and this culminated in me making and testing a bunch of different Hyper Offense teams with it as a key member. Most of these teams are just your standard Psychic Terrain or Hazard Lead Offense kinda junk, but I wanna highlight this team specifically because it's by far the one I had the most fun testing and the one I had the most success laddering with. In this post I will be going over my thought process behind the overall team structure, why I picked each indivdual mon and the moveslot choices.

:Iron Leaves:
The first mon is pretty self explanatory, since my initial reasoning behind making this team was because I wanted to use Iron Leaves. Initially my theorycrafted set for Iron Leaves was Booster Energy Speed + Swords Dance + Tera Blast Fire + Leaf Blade + Psyblade and since Electric Terrain gives a free Quark Drive Boost I just went Leftovers over Booster Energy. The attack investment is lowered to guarantee a Speed Boost from Quark Drive and the rest is thrown into HP. Tera Fire gives you perfect neutral coverage with Tera Blast and also is the best defensively as it resists both Bullet Punch and First Impression while also letting you dodge Talonflame Wisps and use it as setup fodder.

:Iron Leaves: :Pincurchin:
Secondly we've of course gotta get an Electric Terrain setter and since I'm not gonna be manually setting it anytime soon, I decided to use him. Pincurchin is legit super fun to use when you stop pretending like it's even remotely decent as a Hazard setter and instead just use it as a fat attacker. Discharge + Surf make for an incredible combination alongside Sucker Punch for some priority and Recover to make it stick around in matchups vs Fat teams. Tera Ghost is moreso an overall great Defensive tool that also stops mons like Donphan from clicking Spin lategame.

:Iron Leaves: :Pincurchin: :Froslass:
Next up is the obligatory Suicide Lead that every Hyper Offensive team needs. I chose Froslass over the other (bad) lead options because of how it has access to Taunt + Spikes and also doesn't have to Tera in order to block Rapid Spin. The set is then rounded out with Icy Wind for Speed Control (this is especially important with the Gay Duck steppin around) and Destiny Bond as an option to force your opponent into making dumb plays.

:Iron Leaves: :Pincurchin: :Froslass: :Hawlucha:
Of course a Terrain team could not be finished without Unburden + Seed Hawlucha as a member. It's main role here is moreso to act as a cleaner, which it does phenomenaly thanks to how easily it can set up against and demolish most teams after they're been subjected to the wrath of Iron Leaves >:). Swords Dance + Acrobatics + Close Combat fill out the main attacking portion and Taunt is there to stop anti setup attempts like Toxic from Quagsire or Roar from Hippowdon. The bulk investment is there moreso because aside from specifically to counterteam Rain and other Hawlucha variants you don't actually gain anything from going for more Speed, while the bulk is very important for overall hit taking.

:Iron Leaves: :Pincurchin: :Froslass: :Hawlucha: :Iron Jugulis:
After we've added one Flying-Type it's time to add another! Iron Jugulis is an incredible Breaker and lategame cleaner thanks to it's incredible power level topped off by the super nice Speed Tier, which gets further amplified by Quark Drive. Tera Ground + Earth Power is chosen as a generally good catch all tool for potential answers like Tyranitar and Tinkaton and Tera Ground also doubles as a decent Defensive Tera aswell.

:Iron Leaves: :Pincurchin: :Froslass: :Hawlucha: :Iron Jugulis: :Magnezone:
Finally we have the obligatory Electric-Type that's not the teams main Terrain setter. Magnezone's main purpose here is to be a bulky pivot that also traps and removes annoying mons like Tinkaton, Bisharp and Scizor. The Speed is chosen specifically to outrun max speed Adamant Scizor to then hit it super hard, but it's also nice for guaranteeing that you usually outpace Donphan and Tinkaton aswell. Assault Vest is chosen as the item to generally give it more switchin opportunities, but moreso because I didn't really have a better item to give it since I didn't want it to be Choice locked.

And that's the Electric Terrain team. Hope anyone who tries it out has fun while using it, because I most certainly did while spamming the ever loving crap out of it on the ladder :>. Happy UUing Y'all!

Last edited:

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
Scizor + Drednaw Hyper Offense
:sandy shocks: :scizor: :espeon: :iron jugulis: :drednaw: :salamence:
Pokepaste: Scizor HO
1. This is a hyper offense team I built to try out Scizor in light of the current suspect test of it.
2. Identifying your win condition at team preview is very important when using this team. You should identify which one of your offensive threats has the best shot at sweeping and which ones won't be very useful as soon as the battle starts.
3. This team is built around SD Tera Fire Scizor. Tera Fire + Quick Attack lets it completely turn the tables on Talonflame. This makes it very good at beating teams that rely on Talonflame to check Scizor.
4. Espeon switches into and punishes opposing passive Hazard Setters like Gastrodon, Quagsire etc. It can also counterlead offensive hazard setters.
5. Sandy Shocks punishes lead Tinkaton, provides speed control and sets hazards to make the team more threatening. It also offensively checks Scizor.
6. Iron Jugulis provides speed control and can easily clean up opposing weakened offensive teams.
7. Drednaw is intentended to beat rain teams, which otherwise completely counter this playstyle. Tera Grass lets it lure Quagsire and Gastrodon .
8. Salamence provides a good water resist and Scizor counterplay.

This team has served me very well on ladder. It could probably also work with Gyarados or Haxorus over Mence, but I haven't tested those versions.

I just saw someone use my meme Choice Band Mudsdale team from three months ago in a roomtour :worrywhirl:

So, for a team that's actually up to date with the current meta (dare I say, VIABLE?) here's a modified version of a Rain team that Melt Gibson sent me.

click the sprites for the pokepaste!
:sv/pelipper: :sv/decidueye: :sv/floatzel: :sv/kilowattrel: :sv/tinkaton: :sv/golduck:

For the most part, it's generic rain, but the most interesting part here is Eject Button Tinkaton + Golduck. You switch in Tinkaton on a First Impression, and then get a free switch into Golduck to Nasty Plot. You get +2 and then deal 80% to SPdef Tyranitar with Surf, chipping it for Kilowattrel to go crazy.

Some general tips for playing this team:
- Don't be afraid to leave a couple of hazards up against Offense. You don't need to defog, then slow pivot with Decidueye every time, as eats up your rain turns pretty quick.
- Make sure to double switch out of things that wall Floatzel like Slowbro or Defensive Salamence into either Golduck for setting up or Kilowattrel to do some immediate damage.
- Don't be afraid to let your Tinkaton take a ton of damage from a physical attack - as long as you aren't dead, that's a free Eject Button switch into any one of your three powerful sweepers.
- When playing against Quaquaval, be sure to keep Pelipper or Floatzel at full (or close to full) health! You will likely get swept without them, even if you have Rain up and can set up Swift Swim

Last edited:
I just saw someone use my meme Choice Band Mudsdale team from three months ago in a roomtour :worrywhirl:

So, for a team that's actually up to date with the current meta (dare I say, VIABLE?) here's a modified version of a Rain team that Melt Gibson sent me.

click the sprites for the pokepaste!
:sv/pelipper: :sv/decidueye: :sv/floatzel: :sv/kilowattrel: :sv/tinkaton: :sv/golduck:

For the most part, it's generic rain, but the most interesting part here is Eject Button Tinkaton + Golduck. You switch in Tinkaton on a First Impression, and then get a free switch into Golduck to Nasty Plot. You get +2 and then deal 80% to SPdef Tyranitar with Surf, chipping it for Kilowattrel to go crazy.

Some general tips for playing this team:
- Don't be afraid to leave a couple of hazards up against Offense. You don't need to defog, then slow pivot with Decidueye every time, as eats up your rain turns pretty quick.
- Make sure to double switch out of things that wall Floatzel like Slowbro or Defensive Salamence into either Golduck for setting up or Kilowattrel to do some immediate damage.
- Don't be afraid to let your Tinkaton take a ton of damage from a physical attack - as long as you aren't dead, that's a free Eject Button switch into any one of your three powerful sweepers.
- When playing against Quaquaval, be sure to keep Pelipper or Floatzel at full (or close to full) health! You will likely get swept without them, even if you have Rain up and can set up Swift Swim
Why is decidueye impish?

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
Armarouge Psyspam
:indeedee: :armarouge: :polteageist: :espeon: :hawlucha: :tinkaton:
Armarouge Psyspam (pokepast.es)
1. Since Armarouge came back to UU , i decided to build another Psyspam team to celebrate. It's certainly not the most consistent, but it's pretty fun and gets games done quickly. This make it pretty fun for fast laddering.
2. Indeedeee is the obligatory Terrain setter.
3. Dual Screens Espeon keeps rocks off to help Armarouge and Polteageist setup. Screens help this team's frail wallbreakers to setup.
4. Armarouge is what this team is built around. It has access to the elusive Expanding Force, making it a very good wallbreaker in psy terrain. It has pretty much perfect coverage(except opposing Armarouge). It's very threatening alongside Teapot as they share a lot of checks. It can also lead off vs TInkaton and pressure it well ,which was a big weakness of the previous version.
5. Polteageist is the second part of this team's Indeedee+ Armarouge + Teapot offensive core. It's a very deadly lategame cleaner but it has two main issues: setting up safely and priority moves. This team's other members are designed to remedy both these issues. Given the very strong hazard control this team has, Focus Sash remains unbroken in most games. Tera Blast nails Tyranitar and other dark types. (The paste has White Herb, but Sash is viable too.)
6. Hawlucha is very dangerous vs other offenses as it 2hkos most offensive mons +2 and sets up very easily with Screens + Terrain.
7. I'm not sure on what the best Rocker for this team is, but I went with Tinkaton to check dangerous dark types like Iron Jugulis and offensive mons like Gengar. I"m not sure on what the best last for this team.

This is an improved version of my earlier Psyspam team in my earlier post in this same thread.

Last edited:
Cyclizar is here! Here's a quick hazard stack offense that I made, using AV to become a decent Kilowattrel/Rotom-Heat/other random special attackers switchin.

:gyarados: :sylveon: :cyclizar: :scizor: :sandy_shocks: :brambleghast:
https://pokepast.es/d9e25e2a56ce2147

Double rapid spin lets you support Leftovers Gyarados & Sylveon so that they can spam their setup antics as well as possible. Scizor also gets whooped by hazards, so clearing those and giving Wish support is great. Cyclizar knocks off Boots and pivots in Scizor/Sandy, and gives you a general damage sponge against defensive teams to let you play the long game better. Brambleghast stacks hazards and spinblocks, plus kills Ground-types which this team otherwise struggles with using Power Whip.

Some general tips for using it:
- KEEP SANDY SHOCKS HEALTHY IN THE TALONFLAME MATCHUP! You can really struggle to break it if Shocks is dead or too low to switch into a Wish.
- You can change one of the moves on Scizor to Aerial Ace to make the talon matchup easier, but I'm not sure which.
- Prioritize getting good Knock Offs in the early game, as this team does a lot better when lefties/boots are gone.
- Try to minimize chip overall to keep everything healthy enough to be wish passed to - against bulky teams, the entire team falls like dominoes if one link in the chain breaks.

And, finally, here's a replay where the team performs pretty well (ignore me sacking Gyarados to foul play).
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1855587404

EDIT: Changed Sylveon EV spread from 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA Bold to 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD Calm to live 2 Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pumps

Last edited:
I had some fun laddering in the current meta and wanted to dump a few teams I primarily used.

Sylveon + Magnezone

CM Sylveon felt fantastic when I was laddering as Tinkaton is basically the main thing gating it from running through most cores, which is where Magnezone comes in. I opted for Timid because I wanted to ensure I was faster than Scizor and Ada Tyranitar. Cyclizar had recently dropped so I wanted to test it. It usually forces a Steel-type into it at some point which can let Magnezone trap them on the free U-turn. Gastrodon helps vs rain, doubling around Pawmot and Quack but Spikes support was also really nice. Tyranitar was an alternative wincon that appreciates Sylveon + Cyclizar basically handling what it would normally pivot into but it's pretty vital defensively in some cases. I opted for Pawmot as the last because I wanted a BP resist and some other form of Speed control outside of just Cyclizar.

Specs Pelipper + Tauros-Aqua
/
Specs Pelipper is an insane breaker and I wanted to pair it with Tauros, which is another Pokemon I am very fond of right now. I opted for Scarf because this team ended up not needing more breakers and so I valued the Speed control more. Decidueye gave Defog for Pelipper and helps me with Pawmot + Sandy. I took the spread from avarice (I think) I never checked what it outspeeds. So I originally had Hippo + Scizor here but Quack was a bit of a problem because of the rain and Decid + Specs Peli aren't the sturdiest answers so I was kinda forced into Gastro. Tinkaton ended up feeling better solely because I needed a Hurricane resist to not lose to other mons taking advantage of my rain. I also had a Weavile in this last slot because I thought it would be cool with the Speed tier. I was mistaken and nommed it to drop in the VR not long after. I just swapped it for Kilo and it was just better + it also takes advantage of rain. I also used Jugulis for a bit too and it worked fine, I think either work tbh. Click the Hydra for that version.

CB Tyranitar + Bulky Slither Wing

I basically spammed this deck from 1500 to 1600 with much success. I wanted to use this core as Slither usually gives Tyranitar a lot chances to break against Salamence, Talonflame, etc. Also this does really well into Wo-Chien, especially if Slither forces the Tera Ghost. I am running Banded rocks Ttar because I couldn't be bothered fitting a dedicated rocker + the final slot is usually dead anyways. Tbh I rarely set them up anyways. Decidueye for removal and the more I've used it the more I have thoroughly enjoyed playing with it, tbh it could probs be replaced but it put in so much work. Noivern is actually very very good, Lily explains it more in the VR but the Speed tier is a godsend. Slowbro is just this team's massive glue for like 80% of the tier. Future Sight is really nice with my breaking core and I felt the need to run Flamethrower for Tera Steel Quack and Scizor. Finally, Scizor because I kinda struggled to close out games so it was an SD wincon + needed Steel-type

Choice Band Haxorus Bulky Offense - Leave Your Brain at the Door
:sv/haxorus: :sv/magnezone: :sv/cyclizar: :sv/hippowdon: :sv/gyarados: :sv/gardevoir:

https://pokepast.es/120beb0f7fb84d52

Literally just click outrage until the bulky water types are dead and Gyarados wins lmao

Choice Band Haxorus is a very fun Pokemon to play with for the aforementioned reason, but I think that it is actually quite decent in the current meta. It has the insane power and revenge killing of choice band Slither Wing, but doesn't easily let in Talonflame in addition to having a better speed tier.

Magnezone is Analytic despite there being a Gardevoir on the team because, funnily enough, Gardevoir still performs fine enough when Tinkaton can't be forcefully removed. Almost all teams have adapted to not rely on Tinkaton for all fairy types at this point, as Magnezone + Fairy has been getting more popular. So Gardevoir wasn't going to instantly win with Tinkaton gone anyway.

By not running Magnet Pull, Magnezone has the power of Specs in conjunction with the huge defensive utility and flexibility of AV. This makes it debatably the best Fairy killer in the format, which is important to have when your game plan relies on spamming Outrage. By switching moves, Magnezone also gains the ability to take down teams with a bulky water and bulky fairy much more easily than a choice set, and those teams are normally what Haxorus struggles with the most.

Hippowdon has Sand Force instead of Sand Stream so Gyarados can actually take advantage of Leftovers. The loss of the chip damage against Psychic Terrain is a bit annoying, but the matchup is manageable.

The rest of the team is just glue, really. Not much interesting to say. So here are a few replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1866555642 - beating mono-fairy with banded haxorus lmao
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1866552267 - managing to break through Gastrodon (big problem, as Cyclizar didn’t have Power Whip at the time), while under the timer of an opposing Greninja who can do serious damage with the correct prediction

Have fun using the team!

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 2.35.22 PM 1.png

Last edited:
Hey! I finally got around to playing with the drops so I made a few teams.

Triple Starter Rain
:Pelipper: :Floatzel: :Quaquaval: :Greninja: :Samurott: :Brambleghast:
The main idea of the team was just to put all the water starters in UU on one team but it ended up being a not terrible rain team. The teams main idea is to overwhelm the opponents water checks like:Gastrodon:Gastro and:quagsire:Quag.:pelipper:Pelipper and:Floatzel:Floatzel are obvious for rain.:brambleghast:Brambleghast is a fairly standard except for seed bomb over shadow ball to help against the:Gastrodon: Gastro and:quagsire: Quag match up.:Gastrodon:Gastro and:quagsire:Quag. Now to the stars of the team.:Quaquaval:Quaquavel is a standard set and a great win con.:Greninja:Greninja is the main special attacker for the team, it hits hard and accurately with surf and it’s other moves are able hit what surf isn’t able to.:samurott:Samurott is able to set up SD and bait in:Gastrodon:/:Quagsire:and destroy them with knock off (If Quag is Unaware you can still play with this in mind).

Pyspam OU in UU
:indeedee: :polteageist: :hawlucha: :Armarouge: :donphan: :oricorio-pom-pom:
With Armarouge in the tier I thought it'd be a good idea to recreate the Psyspam that was popular in OU for a bit. Since:great tusk:Great Tusk and:volcarona:Volcarona are never dropping to UU I got the closest things to them. :donphan:Donphan is our replacement:great tusk:Great Tusk for obvious reasons. Its able to do the same stuff as:great tusk:Great Tusk but more specialized to the team. With :Heavy Duty Boots: Heavy Duty Boots and Sturdy its able to come in and spin safely. The obvious replacement for:volcarona:Volcarona was:oricorio-pom-pom:Oricorio Pom-pom. Its able to fill a similar role as defensive:volcarona:Volcarona with its good base typing and access to Revelation Dance.

Aurora Veil HO
:Abomasnow: :Typhlosion: :Cyclizar: :Gyarados: :Iron Jugulis: :Scizor:
I wanted to try and make a team that fit both:Cyclizar:Cyclizar and:Typhlosion:Typhlosion and this was the funest thing I could come up with. :Abomasnow:Abomasnow sets up Veil for the team and its able to turn off rain from :pelipper:Pelipper and switch in on most:Floatzel:Floatzel. :Typhlosion:Typhlosions Eruption is incredibly powerful and is able to two shot a lot of switch ins especially after tera. I decided to have some fun with :Cyclizar:Cyclizar and make a more offensive set. A full offense set is a little useless but this middle ground between offense and utility is alright. Its fast enough that it can spin on most things but the lower speed actually lets it get slow u turn on opposing:Cyclizar:Cyclizar. :Gyarados: is a good set up mon thats able to takes advantage of Aurora Veil. :Iron Jugulis:Iron Jugulis is the standered Booster Energy set with Work Up over Taunt. :Scizor:Scizor is able to kill off weakened opponents and able to pick off certain threats with its coverage (such as Quag with Trailblaze.) In the end, the teams definitly the worst out of the three but its still fun and makes good use of:Cyclizar:Cyclizar and:Typhlosion:Typhlosion.

A very successful stall team I have been using lately

1684844717627.png1684844657955.png1684844699865.png1684844735631.png1684846154873.png1684846178663.png

The team is made out of these 6 members, wo chien is the first member of the team, it is very valuable in being able to wear down opposing members with knock off removing their leftovers, boots, etc. Heavy-duty boots are a valuable asset for wo chien esp when it gives so much room for gastrodon, sandy shocks, quagsire to spike on it, esp against HO this team has no way to pressure sandy shocks from clicking spike 3 times (besides quagsire but tera grass sucks). Phys def wo chien helps a lot against HO as it helps vs taunt gyara, sub mence, DD/SD haxorus, and tera flying ttar.

Slowbro is the next member of the team, it is an amazing member with ID press which helps a lot against threats such as DD mence, DD ttar, and sub dd gyarados while also helping vs gallade as it can switch in absorb an attack and switch out. Double regen core with alo helps a lot in beating opposing stall MU's as with boots it can stay healthy without wasting PP as cycle switching between it and alomomola can make them waste PP while forcing minimal progress. Tera fairy is to able to take on gallade better as it resists sacred sword still while being neutral to leaf blade. Tera fairy also helps against wo chien teams if I want to keep my boots on wo chien instead of slowbro.

Talonflame is the next member of the team which helps against band versions of scizor, being able to defog on pokemon such as donphan, tinkaton, gastrodon, etc. Nothing much to say here besides it cna also burn setup mons that may be trouble for the team while also dealing with SD tinkaton which plagues ladder for some reason.

Blissey is the 4th member, its ev's are to make sure it has a better MU into gengar, specs gren, iron jugulis, poltea, toxtricity which can be a big pain for the team. The phys def ev's make sure it just doesn't start dying to weak u-turns and knock offs coming off from iron jugulis, gren, pelliper, etc. This blissey is the rocker because I do not like tinkaton as a rocker and I want spikes quagsire which can help wearing down opponents easily. Tera ghost helps vs specs toxtricity to make sure it doesn't rip the team apart. Shadow ball helps vs gengar to make sure it doesn't get free switch ins into the team to just fire off hits

Quagsire is a great fit for the team, checking many things that the team would otherwise struggle into such as many setup sweepers and hleping wear down pokemon with toxic. Boots quagsire is a great pick because just like the wo chien point, hazards are a pain and the team struggles to keep them off esp toxic spikes and spikes. The 56+ sp. def investment helps into gastrodon by being able to switch into it and threaten toxic instead of eating a big earth power and instead being able to take such hits. It also doesn't take that much from gengar as a result making sure it can take a tera ghost Life orb shadow ball in a pinch. Tera poison helps into the scizor MU as it can take everything it throws at it while also being immune to toxic is a huge boon.

Alomomola is the final member of the team. it rounds of the team by having wish support to support the team such as blissey, wo chien, slowbro and talon by making sure they can stay healthy without burning recovery PP as with the gen 9 nerf it means that with every used soft boil/recover it makes them much easier to pressure late game. Chilling water is used > play rough/mirror coat because it can help massively against BU taunt quaquaval, DD haxorus, taunt dd gyara, dd tyranitar while also helping to make hard hitters easier to switch into. Tera poison helps into the t spike MU making it so the members of the team are not as vulnerable esp when they are paired with knock off.

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1867161597 (shows how helpful tera poison alo is while showcasing how hard it is to keep hazards up against cyclizar )

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1857643695 (shows the ability of ID slowbro to be able to wall yama which will own this team otherwise by also using tera fairy)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1865668205-x0v3ydwkc9btmsju1f7tao0i6pb2wtupw (shows how ID slowbro can be massively helpful into the rain MU while also showcasing alomomola's ability to be able to own floatzel)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1864307944-yu76xlwix4k1wrozvf6dntfpo8b7e1upw (showcases how useful tera poison quagsire can be into sylveon and showcasing the sp. def investment coming in clutch)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9uu-690947 (showcases the team in a tour setting against a very good player)

And peaked like 1650.... pretty good considering it is still the same after shifts

Last edited:

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Since Home is coming around tomorrow, I’m gonna drop off one of my most enjoyed teams to use on ladder, not so much for my opponents though. You know it, you probably hate it, it’s Psychic Terrain Hyper Offense!

:armarouge: :indeedee: :hawlucha: :sandy shocks: :quaquaval: :iron jugulis: (pokepaste in sprites)
The team was made to celebrate Armarouge’s return to the tier, and it’s a really devastating attacker, since it dissuades most physical attacks thanks to Weak Armor, and potentially Weakness Policy. Tera Grass Energy Ball smacks Slowbro, Tyranitar, and gives me a water resist to help out against Rain. I pair it with standard Indeedee and Hawlucha, a given for PsyTerrain, but I make the decision to give Hawlucha Tera Fire. Blocks Flame Body, helps vs Scizor, scares off Scream Tail, neutral vs Mence, etc.
I could use hazards at this point, so I choose Sandy Shocks, who speaks for itself in terms of power and speed. Tera Ghost blocks spin forces smth like Cyclizar to go for Knock Off, which can be incredibly funny if PsyTerrain is up and Armarouge comes in and gets Weak Armor + WP combo.
Now I need more sweepers, so Quaquaval it is. Standard SD set, but I elect to go Tera Electric Tera Blast. Also alleviates the rain matchup, as well as Slowbro, and allows me to pull a fast one on Sandy Shocks if its not Booster.
At this point, Ground immunities are looking dire, my only Ghost resist is my setter, I’m lacking in speed outside Sandy and Lucha. As such, Iron Jugulis rounds out this team by adding another booster sweeper, the bulk to trade with even strong offensive mons, as well as a valuable taunt to scare off defoggers, not that most of them relish coming in on a Hurricane (IF THE BASTARD COULD ACTUALLY HIT ONE). Tera Ground blows up Ttar and scares off Sandy, so as to pave the way for an Armarouge sweep later on in the game.

Now every team has its weaknesses, yknow, Scarf Greninja can be annoying, only mon i’ve seen that actually outruns Armarouge. Fairy resists are few and far between, so something like Scream Tail can actually be super annoying, so keep that it mind. Other than that, enjoy this team for the last few days of this tier (so to speak, before The Scaldening)

Gigatzo (Armarouge) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Endure
- Expanding Force
- Armor Cannon
- Energy Ball

Forgo Dreams (Indeedee) (M) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore
- Healing Wish

Captain Vul (Hawlucha) @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics
- Taunt

Sphere Doomers (Sandy Shocks) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt

Fleurina (Quaquaval) @ Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Tera Blast

Core Kabula (Iron Jugulis) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ground
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hurricane
- Earth Power
- Taunt

IMG_3522.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)