Team #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a team I made in Pokemon Showdown!. I've been thinking a lot about it, but please feel free to suggest changes!

Dragon PUNCH!
Dragonite w Yache Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Tail, Fire Punch, ExtremeSpeed
EVs: 4hp, 252atk, 252spe.
Nature: Adamant(+atk,-spa)

I start out with him to destroy any baton passers/setupping sweepers. I Dragon Dance when I can, but not too often, because I don't want to lose too many team members early on. Dragon Tail is for a:whenever, and if i ever get stealth rock on my team. b:Getting rid of pokemon I don't like. Fire Punch is for coverage, and ExtremeSpeed is for priority.(and very useful against Shell Smash Cloyster.) and of course, the yache berry is so the x4 weakness to ice is practically negated.

Wally
Umbreon w Focus Band
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Substitute, Hidden Power Flying, Moonlight, Heal Bell
EVs: 252hp, 252def, 4 spd.
Nature: Calm(+spd, -atk)

Wally is, well, my wall(also for heal bell). it has Hidden Power Flying because, as i found out after a bunch of battles, YOU NEED AN ATTACKING MOVE! it's strategy is to hide behind a sub, then heal bell and moonlight.

you attacked me?
Lapras w Focus Band
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Substitute, Dragon Dance, Ice Shard, Waterfall
EVs: 4hp, 252def, 252spe.
Nature: Adamant(+atk, -spa).

My lapras's purpose is bulky sweeping coverage. i try to sub/dragon dance, or simply revenge kill. Ice Shard is an odd choice, i guess, but it's a lot better than Avalanche at revenge killing ;D Waterfall's there instead of surf because for some reason or other, I decided to make it physical.

YOU MADE HIM ANGRY!!!
Darmanitan w lum berry
Ability: Sheer Force
Moves: Fire Punch, Brick Break, Earthquake, Belly Drum.
EVs: 252hp, 252atk, 4spd.
Nature: Jolly(+spd, -spa)

my darmanitan is just for (not the ability;D) sheer force. Belly drum i haven't tested out yet, but i think if that got up, it would be tough to stop him. Fire Punch, Brick Break, and Earthquake are all for coverage.

The Janitor
Nidoking w Focus Sash
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Earth Power, Sludge Wave, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt.
EVs: 252hp, 252spa, 4spd.
Nature: Modest(+spa, -atk)

The Janitor is, in a word, coverage.

Doh, you missed
Shedinja w Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Gaurd
Moves: Baton Pass, X-Scissor, Confuse Ray, Hone Claws.
EVs: 252atk, 252spd, 4def.
Nature: Jolly(+spe,-spa)

this shedinja is purely for baton passing. i like confusing, then using Hone Claws 2-3 times, then baton passing off to one of my 4 sweepers.

Quite frankly, this team needs work. Dragonite should have Dragon Claw or Outrage over Dragon Tail. if you want Umbreon to have an attacking move, use Payback or Foul Play. Also Leftovers on Umbreon. If you want a revenge killer with Ice Shard, use Mamoswine or Weavile. Darmanitan should have Choice Scarf as an item and Flare Blitz and Uturn in its moveset. Change Nidoking to Nidoqueen and give it Stealth Rocks and Black Sludge item. Lastly, if you want a Baton Passer, use Ninjask, NOT Shedninja.

Hope I could help and good luck.

dragon tail works well, but I'll consider it. i used hp flying because it's super-affective on fighting, but no "it doesn't affect" stuff.Good idea with leftovers, and Ice shard is more for coverage thinking about it now. I'd like to keep away from choice items for the most part. flare blitz/U-turn are interesting ideas, prob i'll replace belly drum. I don't know the difference between nidoking and nidoqueen, and I think the move set is perfect for his purpose.Also, thinking about it, i use Shedinja more as a switch-in, baton passing is just a bonus.

Thanks for the review!

nidoqueen is a LOT more balanced! thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hi,

Sorry but I am going to have to lock this thread for not following the RMT rules. Each Pokemon needs at least 3 lines of description, explaining why you chose that specific moveset or EV spread or what role that Pokemon plays on your team.

PM me your updated descriptions and I will unlock this thread for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)