SS Doubles OU [TB OU DOUBLES] First Ever Comp Bulky Offensive Team Build

Hello, I've been Googling, YouTubing, and Redditing for the past week trying to find some influence on how to build a proper rain team. However, I'm stuck trying to decide on my last 1-2 Pokemon. This is my first comp team build ever, and I am looking for advice and critiquing please!

The first 4 are my core and the ones I know I would like to use:

Pelipper @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature

* Hydro Pump
* Hurricane
* Roost
* U-Turn / Protect

Trying to build a bulkier Pelipper to take a hit with the Sash as a backup in the event he can't. I chose U-Turn over Protect so that I can pivot him out, then hopefully swap him back in to take a hit and recast rain as needed.

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Modest Nature

* Stealth Rock
* Drain Punch / Sludge Bomb
* Earth power
* Hydro Pump

I love this mon. My goal is to use him as my special sweeper / Stealth Rock setter. His electric immunity will help with Toxtricity and other TBolt/Thunder users. Earth Power will help with Ferrothorn, Toxapex. I chose Drain Punch to counter the effects of Life Orb. Sludge Bomb is there for heavy Fairy users.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
Modest Nature

* Scald
* Giga Drain
* Ice Beam
* Fake Out / Knock Off

I initially was going to build Ludicolo as another Swift Swim/Sweeper user who could backup Pelipper or Seismitoad in the rain, however, I want to try and build him as a tank that can recover HP using Leftovers, Rain Dish, and Giga Drain. He is currently built out for sweeping so I'm looking for some help on how to build him as a tank.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Brave Nature

* Gyro Ball
* Power Whip
* Leech Seed
* Toxic / Protect

Originally this was supposed to be Toxapex, but in my readings it would appear that Ferrothorn compliments a rain team better. I chose Brave Nature to do more damage in battle, and the EV spread so he can wall up and do double damage with Rocky Helmet and Iron Barbs.

That's it right now. In the last 2 spots I have been considering the following Pokemon:

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltraitor
Timid Nature

* Draco Meteor
* TBolt / Thunder
* Flamethrower / Fire Blast
* Shadowball

I really like Dragapult but I don't know if he is necessary in this team. I was thinking this set to outspeed other Dragapults/Dracovish and check Corviknight. I have this Spec Atk Dragapult and I also bred an Atk Dragapult, however in my readings I found his Spec Atk movepool is much better. I have considered running an Atk build with Sash and going Dragon Dance, Dragondarts, Phantom Force, and U-Turn/Steel Wing, but benched that due to Pelipper using Sash.

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 HP / 124 Atk / 44 Def / 48 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature

* Fake Out
* Close Combat
* Throat Chop
* Stone Edge / Zen Headbutt / Protect

I NEED a physical attacker / physical wallbreaker, and Scrafty could help with Galar-Darm, Hattarene, and Indeedee. I took this off Smogon from the SM era. He is just a thought right now. I know he would be good to check Snorlax/Toxtricity/Indeedee with his move pool, but I don't know if that EV spread is proper in the current meta.

I have considered the following, but don't know the move pools : Clefable (Utility/Support), Lucario (Favorite Pokemon), Gyarados (Phys Sweeper), Galar-Weezing (Utility/Support), Lapras (Bulky Wall), Corviknight (Utility/Bulk), Conkeldurr (better in trick room).

I have HEAVILY considered a HA GMax Drednaw so I can set rocks with his GMAX move and replace Stealth Rock on Seismitoad with another move, but I haven't had much time to farm Dens; and the Raid Battles fill up quick.

I know I'm lacking a defogger or rapid-spinner but I don't know how Excadrill or Corviknight would fit on this team. I have considered Mr. Rime but he is weak to 6 different types. I was looking into Galar-Weezing as well because he has a decent movepool and his Gas ability helps with stat changes. I would really like to utilize a Rain Dish Blastoise but he's not available yet. Feelsbadman.

I just want to say thank you in advance if you take time to critique and help me with this. I'll probably be back for a Singles Team critique!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)