- Zen Headbutt
- Liquidation (Water Form)
- Flame Charge (Fire Form)
- Earthquake
- Tera Blast
-
Body Press

New Ability:
Cud Chew - If this Pokemon eats a berry, it will consume the berry again at the end of next turn

New Moves:
Wave Crash - Flare Blitz/Wood Hammer Clone
Raging Bull - Physical move that destroys Screens, typing of the move is dependent of the form's user, example if used on the Fire Form, Raging Bull is a Fire type move
Tera Blast - If terastalized, the move becomes the terastalized type while being either physical or special depending on the higher stat.

Pros:
- They each pack Intimidate and decent defenses which is useful for defensive utility
- Decent Speed and Great Attack along with high powered STABs Allows all of them to pack a punch
- The secondary typings on the other 2 forms give great offensive coverage
- The Water Form has priority for offensive checking

Cons:
- Worn down way too easily thanks to recoil
- Poor typing for the metagame as a whole
- Coverage, while good, are also lacking the same power its higher power STABs has
- More Reliant on Tera for more offensive potential

Terastalizing Potential:
- The 2 forms Fire and Water can enhance their stabs while removing the secondary fighting typing while keeping the STABs
- Electric can lure the water types and hit hard with either Wild Charge or Tera Blast
- Steel can lure Fairies, useful for standard and Water.

Potential Sets:
Choice Sets
Tauros-Paldea-Fire @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Fire / Steel / Ghost / Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Iron Head / Wild Charge / Tera Blast
- Stone Edge

Tauros-Paldea-Water (M) @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Electric / Steel / Water / Ghost / Dark
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Wave Crash
- Tera Blast / Wild Charge / Earthquake
- Aqua Jet / Zen Headbutt

Tauros-Paldea (M) @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Fighting / Steel / Dark / Ghost
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head / Tera Blast

Straightforward Click buttons and pray. Made to essentially wall break early to mid game for the sweepers to clean. you can pick any Tera offensive type of your choosing. Tauros-Water is the only one with STAB priority so it might be the better of the 3 with this set for breaking and revenging. These guys will be tiered different just on typing alone, Water Form is much better. Scarf sets are amazing revenge killers their with their decent speed and powerful STABs, so maybe using Scarf Sets are far better.

Bulk Up
Tauros-Paldea-Water (M) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Body Press
- Bulk Up
- Raging Bull
- Substitute

Tauros-Paldea (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Body Press
- Endeavor
- Bulk Up
- Substitute

Tauros-Paldea-Fire (M) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Body Press
- Raging Bull
- Bulk Up
- Substitute

A Bulk Up set can be decent for the lower tiers, STAB Body Press with a starting Defense of 105 is decent, so we push it, Raging Bull is a nice 2nd STAB for breaking screens. Regular uses endeavor for something fun

These mons are definitely RU Viable, NU Home tier and each will excel in their roles. Water > Fire > Regular Paldea are my rankings on who will do the best

Attachments

Honestly, the fire/water forms are actually pretty decent as Scarf mons with two 120BP STAB moves while retaining good defensive utility (Kingambit, Chien Pao checks) that can otherwise be hard to fit sometimes.

I would change the defensive set though. While SpDef with with Bulk Up may sound nice, they do not have the raw stats to pull it off and will simply lose the ability to check their intended targets instead. I would go full defensive so you can check Chien Pao and Kingambit and the like endlessly instead.

Tauros-Paldea-Fire (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Raging Bull
- Bulk Up
-Will-o-Wisp

This just sits on them forever while spreading status and breaking screens.

I think that one and the Scarf set are the only two viable OU sets.

With how prevalent screens are at the moment, Tauros has a niche in breaking screens with something stronger than Brick Break. Fire-Taurus stonewalls Grimmsnarl and can threaten with burn.
I think Intimidate is best on this guy, it's just a shame he doesn't get a pivot move. U-Turn or even Parting Shot would go a long way, maybe even Flip Turn for the Water Boy.

The normal Taurus forme and the water forme are pretty weak and outclassed for the most part. The lack of any meaningful boosting moves/recovery and only decent speed further hurt their prospects. The fire forme is the stand outs as it can check some of best Pokémon in the tier and can spread status with Will-O-Wisp. The other two aren't worth using as there are so many better fighting types out there.

The normal Taurus forme and the water forme are pretty weak and outclassed for the most part. The lack of any meaningful boosting moves/recovery and only decent speed further hurt their prospects. The fire forme is the stand outs as it can check some of best Pokémon in the tier and can spread status with Will-O-Wisp. The other two aren't worth using as there are so many better fighting types out there.
Water boy can check Chi-Yu with an assault vest, for what that's worth. Very niche though and definitely not it's best use.

Normal forme is definitely outclassed though - I wish it had some unique features.

Water Tauros can be a good Restalk user with Body Press + Raging Bull. It checks similar things to Fire one but has a few advantages over it:
-Resistant to Rocks instead of neutral.
-Water resist: Allows to switch into Floatzel and Barraskewda in Rain.
-Not weak to EQ: Allows to switch into Great Tusk and offensive Roaring Moon.
-Water STAB. Actually threatens offensively Great Tusk. Also means that unlike Fire Tauros, Skeledirge and Ceruledge don't use it as set-up fodder. Same for bulky Volcarona variants, though it's not a good check for that.

There are not many good bulky Waters in this meta: Rotom, Dondozo, Gastro, Quagsire. Water Tauros fits well among them due to Intimidate and unique typing in a Meta dominated by Dark Mons.
I used Water Tauros for the Suspect and ended 38-6 there. Notable, 5 of the loses were in a row, so some of them can be atributed to tilting and not to Tauros being bad or me getting bad match-ups (after those 5 loses, the next day I won 9 battles in a row while being drunk, finishing the Suspect right there) .

I find other water types perform better such as Azumarill.
Yeah it's not the best for that role for sure. I like the role compression it has in destroying screens with Raging Bull, though. I think it's niche comes from that combined with Intimidate. I just wish it had a pivot move too

I tried choice band water form early on. It wasn't bad, but no pivot move meant I eventually had to swap it out for another mon.

Defensive sets are the play for these guys. Makes the best use of intimidate and their good set of resistances. They're still kinda niche, but they definitely pull their weight in the right team.

Yeah it's not the best for that role for sure. I like the role compression it has in destroying screens with Raging Bull, though. I think it's niche comes from that combined with Intimidate. I just wish it had a pivot move too
Yeah even defensively speaking even Quaquaval has similar special bulk and it has Roost so it not as passive. Yeah it's pretty niche to say the least.

These guys are monsters now that Annihilape is gone and Chien-Pao is everywhere. They invalidate screen teams, Kingambit, and Chien-Pao. I like RestTalk on the water form, Will-o-Wisp + either rest or protect on the fire form.

Both fire and water should make it to OU IMO.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)