Resource SWSH RU Short Questions and Short Answers

Is this set for Pincurchin viable for the RU tier?
Pincurchin @ Electric Seed
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 204 Def
Impish Nature
- Zing Zap
- Liquidation
- Curse
- Recover

If so, what Pokemon would be good teammates for this set?

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Impish Nature
- Zing Zap
- Liquidation
- Curse
- Recover

Unfortunately Pincurchin really isn't a viable pokemon in RU since Alolachu was banned. Hopefully it will drop in the next tier shift (a few days from now) and you might find more success with it in NU.

If you're set on using it, you could pair it with electric seed Hitmonlee or terrain pulse blastoise

Impish Nature
- Zing Zap
- Liquidation
- Curse
- Recover

Adding to what hailfall said, mowtom and clawitzer are also used if you wanna use electric terrain. Tho I wouldn't recommend it cuz pincurchin kinda sucks in RU and mowtom will probably go to UU in the next shift anyways.

Does anyone have any sample teams I can borrow? Rotom-C leaving honestly messed up my teams and made the tier more boring. I hope it comes back soon.
I miss the lawnmower :psycry:

Aquarius Ghost ❤

Banned deucer.
Does anyone have any sample teams I can borrow? Rotom-C leaving honestly messed up my teams and made the tier more boring. I hope it comes back soon.
I miss the lawnmower :psycry:
Here ya go https://pokepast.es/8d85fc0424aed6c3. This team is weak to cb golurk, but u can check it with Passimian. You might think snarl on Umbreon is weird, but it's mainly for np Galarbro, a hurricane on Mantine so u don't get 6-0d by Toxicroak. Cm quick claw Galarbro is for the memes yk and also to make ppl mad when u go first while also gaining health with a slack off+ regen. Copperajah is ur rocker and ur main spd wall. The Sllvally set is really good because it is ur main fighting type switchin while being able to roar out offensive set up mons. This team's weakness are CB Rhyperior, CB Bewear, CB Golurk. (btw these can all be threatened by Passimian)
ps: Sorry if this wasn't clear. You will get used to the team when you use it a lot.
Here's a quick replay on how to use the team: Vs GatorBoy
(kinds of a meme team)
Also, you can always check the Ru Bazaar and the samples for teams.

Last edited:

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
What's the most common/most viable lax? It seems like running Lax is hard with the prominence of Bewear (which is Lax is only C+ in the VR) but Lax's HP, and to a lesser extent Atk/SpDef, still speak for themselves.

Right now it seems to me like the classic CurseLax is the best option, but if you don't want anything offensive out of the GSC King then a RestTalk or Recycle Snorlax could have some usage as a dedicated special wall. Belly Drum also exists, but seems too difficult to reasonably pull off.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
What's the most common/most viable lax? It seems like running Lax is hard with the prominence of Bewear (which is Lax is only C+ in the VR) but Lax's HP, and to a lesser extent Atk/SpDef, still speak for themselves.

Right now it seems to me like the classic CurseLax is the best option, but if you don't want anything offensive out of the GSC King then a RestTalk or Recycle Snorlax could have some usage as a dedicated special wall. Belly Drum also exists, but seems too difficult to reasonably pull off.
CurseLax is definitely the best set right now imo

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 152 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Darkest Lariat
- Rest

There's also a Banded set that exists but given how much special power creep there is, CurseLax is the better set by far

Oathkeeper

is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
What exactly do those EVs do?
It's on older spread courtesy of a now banned user (Mavis) and tbh I forget the reasoning behind it. But whenever I used it, it did wonders!

EDIT: you eat up a Specs Draco from Goodra and can even eat up 2 consecutive Specs Dracos from Dragalge

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor over 2 turns vs. 188 HP / 168+ SpD Snorlax: 414-490 (81.4 - 96.4%) -- not a KO
252 SpA Choice Specs Goodra Draco Meteor vs. 188 HP / 168+ SpD Snorlax: 204-241 (40.1 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Just a question but could I run an Armaldo on my team?
I mean, nothing stops you from doing it, but it is not the best option right now. The best way to make it work would be a defensive support set:

Armaldo @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Then again, this can be done a lot better by mons like Kabutops, and even then it is not good XD +

I'm looking to get into RU since Flygon dropped. What sets have players been running with success (if any)? And who does it pair well with?

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
I'm looking to get into RU since Flygon dropped. What sets have players been running with success (if any)? And who does it pair well with?
Judging by how this gen's RU is looking very close to last gen (outside of all the broken shit like Gengar), I would say a Scarf set with U-turn is probably the best route. Tyrantrum, Zydoge, and Haxorus are much stronger off the bat, but Flygon can escape from bad matchups and act as a pivot with U-turn. It can also clear hazards with Defog, but I prefer Dual Wingbeat to beat Virizion and Venusaur one-on-one. It's something the other RU Dragons can't do, which gives it a decent niche. the set I use:

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dual Wingbeat / Defog

EDIT: Oh, sorry. I didn't see the second question. Pivots are generally appreciated by wallbreakers and sweepers, so stuff like Gengar, Lucario, and Mimikyu work well. Other pivots like Slowing and Crobat also work well with Flygon to make a U-port core. Steel-types like Bronzong, Copperajah, and Doublade are great for resisting any Ice- and Fairy- attack aimed at Flygon. If you're going to run Defog, then I would recommend pairing Flygon with another hazard remover like Blastoise, Dhelmise, or Togekiss since Flygon is pressured easily if it locks itself into Defog.

Last edited:
Why is Conkelldurr in RU? I use him in OU and he is still a massive threat. He is usually bulky enough to survive a hit from any mon and hit back with his guts boosted massive attack stat. He should at least be in UUBL imo.

I can't wait for the massive banwave, of things like sylveon, conkeldurr, dusk-lycanroc, and grimmsnarl. So why have they all not been banned yet?

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I can't wait for the massive banwave, of things like sylveon, conkeldurr, dusk-lycanroc, and grimmsnarl. So why have they all not been banned yet?
I'm not sure, but I think that they are waiting for the next shifts, just like UU.
UU didn't receive much last shifts, so they voted on a few mons. If RU doesn't get a big shift, they are most likely going to be bans.

To complement the post above, the possibility of more drops on the december shifts and the general lack of stability in lower tiers also makes it so that bans would not be adequate to the meta currently being played. For example, arctozolt was considered the most busted pokemon during the first wave of dlc drops, but now it is much more manageable due to the increase in speed tiers and general bulk in the tier. There are obvious standouts like haxorus and conkeldurr, but most of those are probably gonna rise by usage once UU stabilizes next shift

Oathkeeper

What's the Most Viable set that Haxorus runs and what Pokemon can be paired with it?
I would say either a Dragon Dance or a Swords Dance set like the following sets

Haxorus @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Close Combat / Earthquake

Haxorus @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Close Combat / Earthquake

As far as partners go, Haxorus is so broken to the point where it needs nothing since its coverage is practically perfect lol. But good partners for it include Ground types like Steelix, Diggersby, and Rhyperior. Fighting types like Conkeldurr help it too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)