Resource SWSH RU Short Questions and Short Answers

I wonder, is Snorlax actually still somewhat decent or is it just a complete noobtrap mon at this point? Its managed to stick around even when stuff like Gengar got banned in which Lax was a damn good check to it.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I wonder, is Snorlax actually still somewhat decent or is it just a complete noobtrap mon at this point? Its managed to stick around even when stuff like Gengar got banned in which Lax was a damn good check to it.
Oh it's still a thing. It's one of the best Chandelure switch-ins and checks (if you have Darkest Lariat) as well as being one of the best special tanks next to stuff like Porygon2 and Umbreon

What pokemon bait in/appreciate the removal of Steels? Is to try and make a team with mah boi Magnezone.

Indeeded and Regidrago come to mind, but I wanted to ask for other options

Aquarius Ghost ❤

Banned deucer.
Is NP Crobat good or should I stick to Defog?
NP bat has a bit of niche, I rlly wouldn't call it good, defensive defog is usually always better and more preferred BC of how much utility it provides. However, NP bat can be very good if ur opponent does not have an electric(they are everywhere). Its also pretty hard to stop once at +2. Soooooo, defog is usually better, but if u can get NP to work then it can work.(pretty hard to pull off imo)

You are mostly correct! Situational checks include sp def invested Steelix and Rhyperior, which take 2 but only 2 Boombursts, Alolan Marowak and Golurk who force Toxtricity to consider clicking Snarl, and Trace Gardevoir and P2, Gardevoir takes a hit once and gets a turn to click, and P2 takes any hits but is prone to being put in the VoltTurn blender by Volt Switch. The fact that Boombust and Overdrive both have immunities also means you can either predict or Protect scout and have a way to negate its damage, but ye Specs Toxtricity is a menace.

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
What is the most viable Galar Slowbro set? I hear is great but i never came across it
Most common one is Calm Mind with Scald and Sludge Bomb as attacking moves, items are usually colbur berry for dark types like zarude or shuca berry for most ground types. I'd say this is the standard set.

Other sets include AV with Future Sight, Quick Draw Quick Claw with Nasty Plot and you can even customize your slowbro to have lure moves like Grass Knot for Seismitoad.

Ok, so I just started playing RU, and I really love it! I just one question though right now, is rain a viable option in this metagame? I’m using a rain team and it’s really working out for me, but I just want to get some clarification.

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Ok, so I just started playing RU, and I really love it! I just one question though right now, is rain a viable option in this metagame? I’m using a rain team and it’s really working out for me, but I just want to get some clarification.
It isn't that good, however it is considered ''viable'' or ''usable'', so it can be used with not much issue and if it's well used it can put a lot of work (tho i'd would stick with other more consistent playstyles atm).

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Rain is definitely alright, right now there are plenty of really nice water absorbers and very relevant water resists all around so rain definitely NEEDS some stuff so building variety on rain builds isnt possible which makes good rain squads very similar. Politoed/Swift Swimmers/Electric/Steel/Flying is pretty much the formula that is the most effective, there is some freedom with the swift swimmers to choose from

As a new player of the tier, and being primarily interested for my interest in Diancie, my questions are-
  • How Good is Diancie in the Current Metagame?
  • What Kind Of Teams Does Diancie Fit On?

The dex entry for Diancie was great, but didn't really describe what kind of teams it's used on and since the entry is a bit outdated I was wondering if it was still good at all.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Diancie is pretty good, really nice countermeasure to pretty popular mons in Togekiss and Noivern and overall a pretty respectable option as a rocker that allows some freedom to use other steel types with different sets (think SD Coba, Banded or scarf meta, Durant, etc).

It would fit more on a bulky oriented type of team like a bulky offense or balance composed of a steel electric grass type of buildup, like imagine zarude cobalion raikou and teams of that nature.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Is there a reasoning for Inteleon being ranked?
barraskewda removes most of its niche, but it still has a good speed tier and can hit some barra checks harder (golisopod is the clearest example) while also having u-turn, which is unblockable and can thus wear down water immunes that would block barra’s flipturn

it is still a very niche mon, though - i don’t think i’d personally use it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)