Resource SwSh PU Teambuilding Lab - Request teams here! (OPEN)

I'm here to request a team built around this Ribombee set -preferably cleaning up games along with Aroma support beforehand (helps get rid of toxic so it doesn't stop you sweep, and helps your other 'mons too) :

:ss/ribombee:
Ribombee @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Quiver Dance
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Hi, everyone!
In case this is still open for requests, I'd like to ask for a 3 Attacks Roost HDB Charizard team, please:] Go for any archetype you want when teambuilding (I'd rather have a balanced team, but it's not mandatory)
1653923430812.png

Last edited:
Hey! If possible, I would like a bulky offense with a banded Trevenant + Lanturn/Vikavolt for slowturn (I also really like Kabutops so if you can fit it in there that would be great, if not, no problem! :)
Thank you!

Last edited:
Chip down the enemy Team with hazards and your strong attackers in the early game to try and sweep with qd ribombee / sd Sneasel in the end. Use ribombee to remove toxic from most importantly Regirock. Try to keep the pressure high at all times.

hope you like it :)

Chip down the enemy Team with hazards and your strong attackers in the early game to try and sweep with qd ribombee / sd Sneasel in the end. Use ribombee to remove toxic from most importantly Regirock. Try to keep the pressure high at all times.

hope you like it :)
I def will tysvm <3 <3 <3

This is probably the weirdest team request but I would like to request a team with an Unaware Quagsire. Preferably something that isn't stall since I just don't like stall teams so balance will work perfectly fine.

Change of plan, now I would like to request a team with Stonjourner balance or offensive I don't really mind as long as it's somewhat functional

haha I found the actual place I'm supposed to reply
anyways could someone build a sniper octillery offense team? also if possible throw froslass in there but it's not necessary
thanks a bunch :)

Last edited:
I'd like a bulky team that can slowly but safely bulldoze an offense or balance team, while still having enough firepower or utility to beat a stall team

Hey! I was hoping if you guys can make a Hyper Offense team based around throat spray unburden Thievul. Thanks!
Hi! Unfortunately, Thievul's sound-based movepool is very limited which makes Thievul a very difficult pokemon to build a throat spray team with. However, it can be very effective when given a grassy seed on grassy terrain teams as this gives it a defence boost alongside unburden. This makes it easier for it to set up a nasty plot while also powering up Thievul's grass knot to make it easier to break through Gigalith. Here's a team from our selection of sample teams that provides this. I hope it suits what you're looking for!
:thwackey::comfey::thievul::doublade::coalossal::hitmonlee: (click on the pokemon to see the team!)

I'd like a bulky team that can slowly but safely bulldoze an offense or balance team, while still having enough firepower or utility to beat a stall team
Thanks for your request (and sorry we're so late)! If you're looking for a bulky and consistent team, the best archetype for you GigaSlash balance. This is a super style that relies on the core of Gigalith and Sandslash to set hazards and answer to defensive checks. We have one of these in the sample teams so I'm going to pass that to you and hopefully it will serve you well!

:gigalith::weezing::scrafty::jellicent::sandslash::ribombee:

Against stall teams, make sure you use choice banded Scrafty to knock off boots, which will allow you to pressure with your hazards. Also remember that your Jellicent can block spins from most Eldegoss due to its speed and cursed body, just make sure you taunt before they sleep powder!

haha I found the actual place I'm supposed to reply
anyways could someone build a sniper Octillery offense team? also if possible throw froslass in there but it's not necessary
thanks a bunch :)
Hi! I'm quite late on this but we finally have a team for you! This was a lot of fun to build and I got to mess around with a few ideas. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to fit Froslass on as I felt it didn't fit the style of team that Octillery forces you into, but I did get some other fun mons on there! The team is double water type with Basculin and Octillery, with the idea being that Octillery can come into one of Basculin's checks on a flip turn and eliminate them from the game. There's really nothing in the tier that switches into Octillery so this usually works out quite nicely when you position things correctly.

The most important thing with this team is maintaining momentum and utilising Basculin's flip turn and Raichu's volt switch to chip pokemon, along with thunder wave support from Druddigon as well as some defensive utility and hazard control from Silvally-Steel. Comfey is your answer to offensive playstyles and Sandslash under sand as it can use its priority and extra damage from Life Orb to revenge kill threats. It can also serve as a win condition with calm mind or be a valuable way of chipping Basculin's checks.

This following replay demonstrates roughly how this team plays. Octillery is used to trade with Wishiwashi, setting up for a late game Basculin sweep once the rest of the team is sufficiently chipped.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1705321355-g8k4pwx99so51t9rjkfgfaclh6cpywdpw

:octillery::basculin::raichu::druddigon::silvally::comfey:

Also I kept the Octillery set you asked for, but I think you might be better off going with 4 attacks with either expert belt of heavy duty boots. Octillery has such good coverage that you're often better off attacking immediately so it might be worth changing the item to support that. Here's an example set.

Also s/o Lambovino for the inspiration for this squad :)

Hi, could I please request a balance/BO team with scrafty
Thanks for the request! The sample teams have a number of teams with Scrafty in them as it's one of the best pokemon in the tier. The team I'm going to pass you is a bulky offense team made by Chloe. It utilizes choice specs magneton, choice banded scrafty and offensive archeops to put pressure on the opposing team, while relying on and anti-meta defensive core of Stunfisk-Galar, Whimsicott and Wishiwashi to keep things in check. Remember that your defensive core isn't as solid as something like Gigalith + Sandslash so you have to be careful with your defensive tools and try your best to maintain momentum. Best of luck with and I hope it serves you well!

:magneton::scrafty::archeops::stunfisk-galar::whimsicott::wishiwashi-school:

Hi, everyone!
In case this is still open for requests, I'd like to ask for a 3 Attacks Roost HDB Charizard team, please:] Go for any archetype you want when teambuilding (I'd rather have a balanced team, but it's not mandatory)View attachment 427838
Hey! Here's an edited sample team from Haffling to make Charizard 3 attacks with flamethrower, hurricane and scorching sands. The team is very user friendly and should be easy enough to pick up. You might consider changing scorching sands to toxic on Charizard as that works quite nicely with taunt Scrafty but it's really up to you. Sorry we got this to you so late and I hope you get some use out of it!

:charizard::scrafty::togedemaru::eldegoss::gigalith::quagsire:

Hi! Unfortunately, Thievul's sound-based movepool is very limited which makes Thievul a very difficult pokemon to build a throat spray team with. However, it can be very effective when given a grassy seed on grassy terrain teams as this gives it a defence boost alongside unburden. This makes it easier for it to set up a nasty plot while also powering up Thievul's grass knot to make it easier to break through Gigalith. Here's a team from our selection of sample teams that provides this. I hope it suits what you're looking for!
:thwackey::comfey::thievul::doublade::coalossal::hitmonlee: (click on the pokemon to see the team!)
Yo! Thanks alot for helping me out!

Change of plan, now I would like to request a team with Stonjourner balance or offensive I don't really mind as long as it's somewhat functional
Hey, we finally managed to cook up a choice banded Stonjourner team for you! This is a bit of a balance team that uses Stonjourner and Gourgeist-Super to punch holes in opposing teams, setting up for a potential scarf Ribombee clean-up job towards the end. The defensive core isn't the most sturdy in the world so it's important you make use of your recovery moves, as long as wish from Audino often to keep your pokemon healed. It can be tempting to always attack with Gourgiest-Super, but remember it's your only ground resist so you need to make sure it's healthy in case the other team has a sandslash. Because of Stonjourner's low special defence, you're also quite weak to Charizard. Make sure you keep Audino healthy if you see one and try to limit the number of free switch-ins you give it.

Here's a replay showing Stonjourner's breaking power and how the team plays in general.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1705788820-nwq2mv4fnktt9c5emyb1h0y4bzdb5cjpw

Best of luck and I hope you enjoy it!
:stonjourner::gourgeist::sandaconda::audino::silvally::ribombee: (click on the pokemon to see the team!)

I know Absol isnt amazing, but would anyone have / be able to make for me SD absol hyper offense? thanks :heart:
Hey, thanks for your request! I put together this Absol team that I hope serves you well. It's basically a load of strong breakers that synergise well together supported by hazards. Usually, you're aiming for a Silvally-Grass sweep in the endgame. I went with Black Glasses on Absol over Life Orb as often I find Life Orb makes it hard to set up. You can switch it if you like though as Life Orb makes you more likely to kill Ribombee with Sucker Punch at +2.

You usually want to aggressively get your spikes up to start the game and then read the development from there. Remember that you don't need to get Stealth Rocks up to win and often Archeops is just better off being used as a breaker instead of rocking. Good luck with it, and here's a replay of it in action along with the paste!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1715531272
:absol::doublade::archeops::qwilfish::vikavolt::silvally: (click on the pokemon to see the team!)

Hey! If possible, I would like a bulky offense with a banded Trevenant + Lanturn/Vikavolt for slowturn (I also really like Kabutops so if you can fit it in there that would be great, if not, no problem! :)
Thank you!
Hey mate, here's your Trevenant team at long last! The meta has changed a lot but Trev is still quite strong so don't worry! I opted to go with Vikavolt alongside it as I prefer it to Lanturn as a current meta choice. Unfortunately, the defensive deficiencies of those two made it so that I couldn't add Kabutops and I went with the Gigalith + Sandslash pairing instead. Defensive Ribombee was added as a Scrafty check and general fastmon + pivot and Mareanie rounded out the team defensively, providing both tspikes absorption and its own tspikes.

The team plays as expected, using your defensive mons to answer stuff and using Vika + Trev to break. That often allows you to set up for a late game Sandslash sweep, especially if you can kill opposing Weezings with Trev or trap them with Mareanie's infestation. Best of luck with the team, hope you enjoy it. And here are some replays of it in action, along with the paste!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1715517532
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1715522762
:trevenant::vikavolt::gigalith::sandslash::ribombee::mareanie: (click on the pokemon to see the team!)

Are the requests still open? I would like to request a crotomb team. A BO. The main core is
+
>The sets<
Crotomb runs its classic CM RestTalk set, being able to set up in a lot of stuff. Aggron can be either banded or Spd, both being really useful; Banded can break teams apart so Crotomb can sweep later, but Spd Aggron can also check fairy-types like FairyVally and Ribombee. In return, Crotomb can set up against some fighting- and water-types, Sandaconda, and Weezing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)