Metagame SWSH Little Cup Teambuilding Competition

Drifting

in my glo stance smokin' dope
is a Tiering Contributor
Team 6 and 9 with 6 votes

Sorry for being late, but the results are in. For the first time, we have a tie, with two teams receiving 6 votes. This means that the winners are:

Starter Sun by Coconut :charmander: :squirtle: :grookey: :vulpix: :diglett: :natu:

and

Shedding Off The Heat by Pamplona :Vulpix: :Shellos: :Diglett: :Ferroseed: :Stunky: :Larvesta:

Congratulations to both winners.

Week Five:

Gonna keep it mostly simple again this week.

This week, the prompt will be Hyper Offense. This is a little bit harder to define than the previous prompts, but several key features such as suicide leads, lack of defensive pivots, multiple set-up sweepers, etc are to be expected, and since the winner is based on votes you guys should be able to determine whether a team counts as HO regardless.

Will you go for Dwebble? Screens? Weather? Shell Smashers? Scarfers? VoltTurn? There are many Pokemon that can shine on a HO team, and I hope to see some innovative ones.

Your deadline is Friday 11:59pm 19th August AEST

Last edited:
THE WORST TEAM Drifting HAS EVER SEEN!!

CHINESE SUN 随机的中文单词
(by someone who cant speak chinese)

(art?)

:vulpix: :magby: :tyrunt: :diglett: :grookey: :meowth:

This team was inspired by DuGuo 's love of vulpix and cats, combined with my hatred of magby!

Magby in the sun with flame charge is insanely powerful and fast, and sub gives it nice flexibility, and ofc having 2 memento+ 3 setup sweepers give a variety of options in how you want to royally fuck over ur opponent. I wont insult you by describing what grookey and tyrunt do tho ofc. I think the first 5 pokemon speak for themselves. Meowth is interesting, as it provides the ultimate speed control, as well as luring out onix ( which is a problem for fire teams). it also lets in steels, which are good setup bait for magby.

Here Is some very epic gameplay to show ur crush:

Also yes, this team is LCPL WIN CERTIFIED:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1634236388-o3ddbqo91e6qw0qm2k83t01cipkyapxpw

Capture d’écran, le 2022-08-15 à 15.16.04.png

For salty quotes enjoyer

Introducing:

The C-Rank Catasrophe

:xy/venipede: :xy/bunnelby: :xy/croagunk: :ss/sinistea: :ss/ponyta-galar: :xy/cottonee:

As an LC player, I'm probably known most for spike stack teams. Dwebble, Ponyta, Grookey, Mudbray, Staryu, Porygon, Scorbunny, Stunky, Farfetch'd, and Binacle are some mons I've used in many of my spike stacking teams. When I saw that Hyper Offense was the prompt, I needed to jump at the chance. But the question was: What do I build?

I had built so many Hyper Offense teams before, so what I would build now? The answer was simple: Raid the lower tiers for Pokemon I haven't built yet. Thus, the C-Rank Catastrophe was born!!

As the name suggests, this is a spike stacking team with only C-Rank mons on the Viability Rankings. Conveniently, many Pokemon down there were offensive threats. The goal, of course, is to break as many teams down with Spikes, as possible. I'll go over the teambuilding process real quick.

:venipede: uhBella is quite fond of the speedy bug. Pin Missile helps vs Natu and can deal with Abra leads.

:bunnelby: Regarded as being shit by the VR, (myself included) I kinda wanted to try the Rabbit out. A set of SD Strength, EQ, and Quick Attack can clean up late game.

:croagunk: It's the standard Nasty Plot set, but with Sucker Punch over Vacuum Wave. This can help with a bit of a :worrywhirl: Abra matchup.

:sinistea: This thing was pretty funny during the Zigzagoon meta, and It reprises its role as a Pawniard lure with Will-O-Wisp.

:ponyta-galar: It's the standard Calm Mind Variant, just as a Bulky Sweeper. Cottonee's Memento can get it into position easily.

:cottonee: It seems like an odd choice here, but it provides a Carvanha check, Knock Off, Encore and Memento Support, and is kinda bulky with Eviolite.

This is really one of the teams ever, and I hope this does better than some of my other teams.

:mienfoo::koffing: :pawniard: :staryu: :tyrunt: :abra:
https://pokepast.es/c0b08b4b7994c99f

“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I heard this was a hyper offense building tournament, so I decided to make a balance team.

We have our classic Fighting Poison Steel Core of Mienfoo :mienfoo:, Koffing :koffing:, Pawniard :pawniard:. Then we have our typical offensive structure in Staryu :Staryu:, Tyrunt, :Tyrunt:, and Abra :Abra:.

Koffing: I've been workshopping the idea for a scarf Koffing set, and to give it a cool matchup fish, I gave it T Spikes. People like using Larvesta and Morelull, so might as well punish them for using those. It can be surprisingly fast at 21 speed with the scarf, plus it has some good natural bulk to sponge hits. Memento allows Tyrunt and Mienfoo to get some good set up opportunities. It's a solid mon overall.

Mienfoo: Since foo has regenerator and a good speed tier, why not pull some substitute shenanigans? If its up against something it can't handle, it can Regen and hope to sweep via Salac berry later. I wanted to run a Berry Juice set, but I felt like it would get outsped too often, in addition to using up a move slot with Agility which could have been used on coverage moves instead. So I thought to use Salac Berry for the speed boost, which naturally synergizes with Substitute.

Pawniard: Hyper Offense lead. Thought about using Onix, but Onix isn't a steel type and is rarely used anymore. I got inspired by dcae using this kind of Pawniard, Rocks T wave Knock Rock Polish. (dcae is a cool guy btw). It feels hard to punish when Natu is the most reliable way to keep Para and Rocks off.

Staryu: Screens Setter. Pretty standard. Slow down your opponent if they can break screens. Otherwise set up screens, then teleport in your threats.

Abra: Abra has seen some use as a screens setter, plus it already has a lot of different sets as is. I'm using fire punch here because Pawniard can be dealt with by Mienfoo, and Ferroseed can be an extremely annoying stop to my game plan. Otherwise its standard life orb. Hit hard. It'll also break the Poison types and is a specially offensive attacker. Didn't want to just have only physical attackers.

And that's it, Good luck to everyone else!

Kazeiyuu

formerly Be Like Bisharp
Do you also have this feeling of...
Deja Vu ?
team by Be Like Bisharp
:ss/abra::ss/tyrunt::ss/mienfoo::ss/koffing::ss/pawniard::ss/diglett:
wait what, wasn't the theme "HO" this week?

Welp, this team is actually a Hyper Offense, even though at first glance it doesn't look like it, which is, in fact, the whole point.
We have a classic BO structure:
- Offensive core
-
Mienfoo
- Poison-type
- Steel-type
- filler

However, it isn't a BO, as I said earlier.
It's basically a Screen HO, with a lead Abra
Abra @ Light Clay
Ability: Inner Focus
Level: 5
EVs: 156 HP / 76 Def / 76 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
The EVs in Special Attack allows Abra to OHKO Eviolite Mienfoo 75% of the time, the other EVs are invested in order for Abra to be as fast and bulky as possible. Inner Focus is used, since like this you can bypass Mienfoo's Fake Out on turn 1. Taunt is also used on this set in order to prevent entry hazard, since we don't have any removal in the team.
Then, we have a classic Tyrunt Dragon Dance, who is a staple in Screen Offense teams.
Tyrunt @ Eviolite
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 204 Atk / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Blast
- Psychic Fangs
- Close Combat
This set is simple, maximum EVs in Attack and Speed, then the leftovers in bulk. Dragon Dance is a really cool setup option, especially when you're able to stack them thanks to screens support. Also, Tyrunt's coverage is near perfect, and you're opponent while most likely have a though time dealing with this beast if it allows it to setup.
Next, something that I think is kind of underrated, considering its potential, Sub+Bulk Up Mienfoo!
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
Substitute behind Screen is a very cool tool to use. Considering the fact that it is very hard to break because of the damage reduction and the eviolite, since it also give to Mienfoo a pseudo-immunity to slower Knock Off users, as well as a Status immunity. By stacking Bulk Up behind its Sub, Mienfoo can become near impossible to KO on the physical side. Also, nobody expect a Sub+Bulk Up Mienfoo, so it is actually pretty easy to setup a sub on a switch. And also, you can basically check something with a Sub, and then switch out and get your HP back thanks to Regenerator. Drain Punch and Knock Off are used since it grants to Mienfoo a great coverage, as well as a healing option on field. Sub has a lot of uses, and I love this Mienfoo set.
Next, we have our support(bait) Koffing.
Koffing @ Eject Button
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 76 Def / 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 156 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split
- Thief
With this set, Koffing can serve as a potent Fighting-check, but can also allows either a free switch-in for one of our offensive threats or a free trap for Diglett. It is a really useful Pokemon for the team, considering our lack of a good way to deal with Mienfoo offensively. By coming in on a weakend Mienfoo, Koffing can prevent its switch out with U-turn, and then allows Diglett to come in and Final Gambit Mienfoo out of existence. This works for Mareanie as well btw. Pain Split+Thief allows Koffing to endure a more classic role if needed, by stealing an eviolite and being able to heal itself back. Sludge Bomb and Thunderbolt are the best coverage in this team, considering the fact that Mienfoo can exploit Ferroseed well so we want to keep it alive.
Next, we have a Sword Dance Pawniard.
Pawniard @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
This set acts as both a breaker, a sweeper with Sucker Punch and a check to Pokemon like Porygon, Natu or Abra. It also prevents defog attemps, which is useful in Screen teams. Then we have its basic offensive pool, Iron Head, Knock Off and Sucker Punch. Funny enough, Pawniard can actually handle a Drain Punch from Timburr behind reflect. An overall great Pokemon that can help weakening Mienfoo in order to use our Koffing+Dig tech.
And then, last but not least, Scarf Diglett.
Diglett @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Beat Up
- Final Gambit
- Rock Slide
A classic Diglett with the twist of being scarfed, in orther to deal with problematic Pokemon for the team such as +1 Ponyta, +1 Tyrunt and +0 Carvanha (or +1 if they don't click protect). It uses Final Gambit for reasons that I previously mentioned, Beat Up to deal with Abra, Eq for STAB and Rock Slide for Natu and mostly Larvesta.

In a nutshell, this team is cool even tho it has the flaw of Screen HO, as well as a hard time dealing with Carvanha at +1 (but since the fish doesn't setup easily on anything that's kind of non-relevant actually.)
Have fun trying it out!

(here's a replay, to show the team in action. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1641094750-dmkema5zrxwkx8b5uitzf4e1neoufd0pw)

Last edited:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
:trubbish: :shellos: :magby: :diglett: :mienfoo: :cottonee:
cheese me forever

Trubbish and Shellos can both do the Sticky Hold crit-me-not gimmick, which is really nice. only problem is Frillish exists, so we throw on two Memento users and a Thunder Punch Magby. does Scarf Frillish still 6-0? yes! but if you switch Facade for Payback or Rock Blast on Trubbish you do have a fighting chance.

but what happens if you’re getting set up on yourself? what if a +6 Tyrunt crits your Shellos? Then you have a Cottonee! what if an opposing Shellos gets to +6 +6 +6? then you have Berry Juice Psych Up Mienfoo, of course, who I’m pretty sure wins that eventually via drain punch, but don’t quote me on that.

the Diglett can give you rocks if you want, but I prefer Substitute and Beat Up when I’m tryna be flexxy on this ladder.

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Curse
- Amnesia
- Recycle

Shellos @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 228 HP / 212 Def / 68 SpD
Careful Nature
- Facade
- Curse
- Amnesia
- Recover

Magby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch
- Belly Drum

Diglett @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Beat Up
- Memento
- Substitute

Mienfoo @ Berry Juice
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Psych Up

Cottonee @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Serious Nature
- Knock Off
- Cotton Guard
- Giga Drain
- Memento

please enjoy responsibly

Last edited:

rarre

Sometimes I think maybe its too late
is a Tiering Contributor
Being a player of the modern generation one metagame, I am traumatized by the move shell smash.

Anyways here’s an interesting little cup ho team built around spamming shell smash.

:diglett: :natu: :dwebble: :shellder: :binacle: :ponyta:

:ss/diglett:
Very basic lead diglett set. Would use dwebble except dwebble is a shell smasher.
:ss/natu:
Natu is the screen setter for the team, allowing for easier setup. Natu is used over Staryu for some hazard control.
:ss/dwebble:
The first shell smasher. Dwebble’s sturdy is helpful for threatening attackers like porygon. Dwebble is also the only non-water type shell smasher on the team, giving it a better mu against grookey.
:ss/shellder:
The other standard shell smasher. Shellder can easily clean a lot of unprepared teams, and it’s job is made easier with the other 3 strong attackers. It also provides some temporary respite against the terrifying Carvanha, which is a major threat for this team. Ice shard is chosen over liquidation, as it gives shellder a way to hit grookey and the rest of the team doesn’t struggle much with pawniard.
:ss/binacle:
Another shell smasher, similar to shellder. Tough claws cross chop is one of the one of the few ways this team has to break through ferroseed. Earthquake in the last slot helps against mareaine.
:ss/ponyta:
Originally, this spot was squirtle as a final shell smasher, but then the team was far too weak to grookey to be a usable team. Ponyta is one of the better offensive checks to grookey that doesn’t particularly give up momentum. It’s also useful for breaking down the opposing team’s defensive core

Generally, you lead diglett and get up rocks most of the time. Use natu to get up screens and try blocking opposing stealth rocks. Use the shell smashers and ponyta to unleash a powerful offensive onslaught.

Threats:
:ss/carvanha:
Defensively checking carv in the long term is almost impossible with this team. Most of the time, shellder and dwebble can switch in once to tank a hit, but otherwise, it’s really hard to answer defensively. Typically, you’d want to shell smash with a mon to offensively pressure the fish.

Stealth Rock
The sneaky pebbles are quite annoying for dwebble, as it breaks sturdy, and ponyta, doing a hefty chunk every time it switches in. Natu will sometimes not be enough to keep hazards off the field, and without rapid spin, can easily become really annoying to deal with.

:mienfoo::koffing: :pawniard: :staryu: :tyrunt: :abra:
https://pokepast.es/c0b08b4b7994c99f

“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I heard this was a hyper offense building tournament, so I decided to make a balance team.

We have our classic Fighting Poison Steel Core of Mienfoo :mienfoo:, Koffing :koffing:, Pawniard :pawniard:. Then we have our typical offensive structure in Staryu :Staryu:, Tyrunt, :Tyrunt:, and Abra :Abra:.

Koffing: I've been workshopping the idea for a scarf Koffing set, and to give it a cool matchup fish, I gave it T Spikes. People like using Larvesta and Morelull, so might as well punish them for using those. It can be surprisingly fast at 21 speed with the scarf, plus it has some good natural bulk to sponge hits. Memento allows Tyrunt and Mienfoo to get some good set up opportunities. It's a solid mon overall.

Mienfoo: Since foo has regenerator and a good speed tier, why not pull some substitute shenanigans? If its up against something it can't handle, it can Regen and hope to sweep via Salac berry later. I wanted to run a Berry Juice set, but I felt like it would get outsped too often, in addition to using up a move slot with Agility which could have been used on coverage moves instead. So I thought to use Salac Berry for the speed boost, which naturally synergizes with Substitute.

Pawniard: Hyper Offense lead. Thought about using Onix, but Onix isn't a steel type and is rarely used anymore. I got inspired by dcae using this kind of Pawniard, Rocks T wave Knock Rock Polish. (dcae is a cool guy btw). It feels hard to punish when Natu is the most reliable way to keep Para and Rocks off.

Staryu: Screens Setter. Pretty standard. Slow down your opponent if they can break screens. Otherwise set up screens, then teleport in your threats.

Abra: Abra has seen some use as a screens setter, plus it already has a lot of different sets as is. I'm using fire punch here because Pawniard can be dealt with by Mienfoo, and Ferroseed can be an extremely annoying stop to my game plan. Otherwise its standard life orb. Hit hard. It'll also break the Poison types and is a specially offensive attacker. Didn't want to just have only physical attackers.

And that's it, Good luck to everyone else!
My god this is the most fun team I've ever played! the amount of times my opponent just forfeits after I use one of the 50 ways this team has to tilt them off the face of the earth is insane, nothing beats the feeling of your Mienfoo named Sun Tzu setting up on your opponents protect :p

Last edited:
Classic Hyper-Offense
:sm/elekid: :sm/abra: :sm/natu: :sm/mienfoo: :sm/frillish: :sm/trapinch:
https://pokepast.es/ab4b3a8a50088974

This is a classic hyper-offense team which has many fast, strong attackers to overwhelm the opponent with offensive pressure. Elekid and Abra are two very fast and strong special attackers with common checks in Ferroseed and Diglett. Both pack coverage to beat Pawniard. Choice Scarf Frillish is another fast strong special attacker which is also checked by Ferroseed, but has about a 50% chance to OHKO Pawniard from full. Frillish also covers Magby for the team. Life Orb Trapinch pairs very well with the trio, being able to remove the aforementioned Ferroseed and Diglett with ease. Life Orb Trapinch also removes non-Protect Grookey, even Eviolite and Grassy Seed Grookey, which helps Elekid, Abra and Scarf Frillish a lot. Life Orb Natu is a generally strong attacker that doesn't require Knock Off to OHKO its targets. It can also prevent hazards from Ferroseed in a pinch, and trade for Ferroseed with Trapinch. Finally, Mienfoo is the slow pivot of the team, sending its frail teammates onto the field safely, and also providing Knock Off support if needed.
Being a hyper-offense team, the team naturally has some holes defensively. It doesn't mind opposing special attackers or Porygon that much, despite not having a Steel type, because nothing on the team gives Porygon a SpA boost, and Mienfoo can usually tank two hits, and Frillish can come in safely on Tri Attack. However, the team is particularly weak to Flame Charge Ponyta, and somewhat weak to Life Orb Protect Grookey and Carvanha. Against these threats, one must play Mienfoo carefully, in order for it to be able to force these threats out. Life Orb Trapinch can also help with Carvanha by forcing it into a 50/50, Feint being able to 2HKO Carvanha through Protect. The team also has 3 priority users in Natu, Mienfoo and especially Trapinch, to wear down opposing setup sweepers as a last resort.

I've had surprising success on ladder with this team, so I hope you'll give it a try!

P.S.: Setup sweepers are not a must-have on hyper-offense teams, and screens even less! We need more classic hyper-offense teams that aren't just setup spam, thanks.

Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

TheShoddyStrawman made a wonderful team inspired by deception, using a Sun Tzu quote to exemplify the theme of the team. I absolutely loved that and decided to do my own.
:Dwebble: :Abra: :Carvanha: :Ponyta: :Grookey: :Pancham:

I present to you all, Sun Tzu Spikes. This team likely looks familiar, as this team is based off of Wesh Papillon's infamous Candian Spikes team. At this point most people are very familiar with his team, and I wanted to use that to create the element of surprise (Spoiler there's no Spikes on this team lol).

:Abra:
First we have Abra, the most common lead for the team. Abra is eviolite which catches many people off guard, and carries energy ball as well. This let's you live any hit from Diglet and KO in return, eviolite also let's you not get 2HKO'd by defensive staryu, a common lead against the expected Spikes Dwebble.

:Dwebble:
Next we have dwebble, our "Hazard Setter", except the hazard is being a mid to late game sweeper. Basically just a surprise shell smasher to take the opponent off guard when they expect Spikes. Endure is to ensure dwebble can come in on Stealth rocks and still get back to full for its Sturdy, similar to recycle Magnemite.

:Carvanha:
While most people are expecting physical Carv these days, here we have a special carv. Nothing super special about this, it's a set that has existed before and AceHunter recently got a win with in in LCPL so that was pretty cool. It takes grookey by surprise with ice beam, as well as not fearing larvesta's flame body anymore. Very fun to mess around with.

:Ponyta:
Now here we have a very special pony, one that sets up Sun for itself! Flare Blitz in Sun is very scary, and it also allows ponyta to run Solar Blade and for more recovery with Morning sun. I'm running eviolite flame body but berryjuice and flash fire also works, dropping morning sun for high horsepower. This would also give the team a better match up against opposing Ponyta.

:Grookey:
It's hard to be creative with Grookey lol, but here we have SD life orb grookey because why not. I ran Solar Blade to try and take advantage of Ponyta's sun, but I rarely had the opportunity to click it, but it could also be an option for some synergy.

:Pancham:
Finally, we have the one difference from Wesh's team, Pancham over Timburr. Pancham provides a better way of handling poison types than timburr does, specially Koffing. You have a very good shot at OHKing koffing with zen headbutt if you knock off as it switches in.

180+ Atk Pancham Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 76+ Def Eviolite Koffing: 5-7 (25 - 35%) -- 1% chance to 3HKO
Possible damage amounts: (5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7)

Assuming it does 6 damage;

180+ Atk Pancham Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 76+ Def Koffing: 12-16 (60 - 80%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (12, 12, 12, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 16)

Pancham also provides some nice pivot mobility with Parting Shot, something that grookey and Carvanha appreciate. Bulk Up or swords dance are also options that work.

Okay all done thanks if you read this far, and thank you to Wesh and TheShoddyStrawman for providing inspiration.

:bonsly: :carvanha: :staryu: :magnemite: :grookey: :natu:
https://pokepast.es/0d9f825c13f64ce0
Can I get a HO(YA)?
-yeah, that's the name of the team-
I wanted to start with something with explosion AND to have an entire team (or almost) with a pivot move. I used it to good effect in AAA, so I wanted to try it here. Bonsly is the pokemon that learns explosion with the highest attack stat. Luckly it also learns stealth rock, so it's not THAT bad of an inclusion. Foul Play and Counter are there mostly as fillers. Rock Tomb can be used in place of one of them, but the rest of my team is really fast so I'm not sure how useful that might be. Sturdy + Berry Juice ensures that I both click SR and Explosion.
Carvanha is really strong. No protect, but Aqua Jet is almost the same thing in front of weakened mons. I have had zero problems as of now with this choice. The rest is the usual, with Flip Turn over PFangs because Liquidation is strong enough and I valued pivoting higher.
Staryu does not have a pivoting move, but I found out that I can live without that. This set drops Ice Beam because it's the most useless move on it, on this team. Psychic is there because fighting types are not hit strong enough by scald.
Magnemite has a scarf because sometimes you need speed. SBeam is the "oh well, i need you koed" button, the rest is stab + pivoting.
Grookey with Glide is amazing, as we all know. Set is pretty basic, another fast u-turner, koff because making a team without it is wrong (i've seen teams without fightings, but not without koff) Dpunch against steels. Natu is a necessary pokemon. It has been the only form of "hazard control" for a bit, it hit steels and fightings, it survives, it pivots, it's a grookey answer.

Timburr. I had many problems with it, it's strong and bulky. I found nothing else that was THAT problematic during my testing. It's a HO, so you won't have defensive switch-ins to stuff, but it's known, with HO you want to play aggressively.

Drifting

in my glo stance smokin' dope
is a Tiering Contributor
Thank you everyone for the teams!

Team 1 - Chinese Sun by wesh papillon :vulpix: :magby: :tyrunt: :diglett: :grookey: :meowth:

Team 2 - The C-Rank Catastrophe by Shandeur :venipede: :bunnelby: :croagunk: :sinistea: :ponyta-galar: :cottonee:

Team 3 - All Warfare Is Based On Deception by TheShoddyStrawman :mienfoo::koffing: :pawniard: :staryu: :tyrunt: :abra:

Team 4 - Deja Vu by Be Like Bisharp :abra::tyrunt::mienfoo::koffing::pawniard::diglett:

Team 5 - Cheese Me Forever by San Tomas :trubbish: :shellos: :magby: :diglett: :mienfoo: :cottonee:

Team 6 - Shell Smash Spam by rarre :diglett: :natu: :dwebble: :shellder: :binacle: :ponyta:

Team 7 - Classic HO by Acehunter1 :elekid: :abra: :natu: :mienfoo: :frillish: :trapinch:

Team 8 - Sun Tzu Spikes by reggg :Dwebble: :Abra: :Carvanha: :Ponyta: :Grookey: :Pancham:

Team 9 - Can I Get A HO(YA)? by Iynhe :bonsly: :carvanha: :staryu: :magnemite: :grookey: :natu:

I recommend reading through people's write-ups if you haven't already, some very insightful stuff that could aid in your decision.

To vote, please post with the THREE teams that you think should win. For example, if I thought that Team 735, Team 90 and Team 129 were the best, I would post this:

Team 735, Team 90, Team 129

Very simple. After voting is finished the team(s) with the most votes will win. Good luck!

The voting period will end on Sunday 11:59pm, 21st August AEST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)