Metagame SwSh LCUU Metagame Discussion Thread

In our final shift of the generation, we got back :slowpoke: Slowpoke

enjoy!

Edit: to make this look a little less boring

Last time Slowpoke was allowed in LC UU a year ago it was not really all that relevant in the metagame, since only niche usage from a select few players, most notably Pamplona. Things in UU are a little bit different to back then and Slowpoke should be able to carve out a niche for itself as a fat pivot thanks to things such as regen and teleport, and should also turn out to be a great check to various threats such as Diglett-Alola and Ponyta-Galar. I'm excited to see how the meta adapts to our newest and likely final addition to the tier before we move on to gen 9.

Last edited:
Exciting news everyone!
1667846253168.png

LC UU will be returning again in generation 9 following the same protocols and procedures as the level 100 lower tiers. This means that we will enter SV LC UU "alpha" on Dec. 1 and be undergoing monthly shifts of rises and drops until the formation of PU which should be like March. Following that we will be undergoing standard quarterly tier shifts as usual.

I believe we may also have our challengable format available alongside our alpha stage, but we'll be able to play games regardless of if we have it or not then and we will get it eventually.

As of now there are plans to hold another Open Challenge to kick off our alpha stage and spur some early meta development. Whether that be organized via the LC UU Discord Server like the last one, or conducted via the SV LC subforum on Smogon has yet to be determined, but it will happen somewhere.

Early gen is always an exciting and chaotic time, particularly for the lower usage based tiers, and I can't wait to get to playing in the new generation of LC UU with you all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)