Porygon2

Antihazards:
Whimiscott
Heavy Duty Boots

Priority:
Abomasnow

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
Suggestions for additions:

Calyrex-SR:
Porygon2

Kyogre:
Abomasnow

Zygarde-C:
Abomasnow
Whimiscott
Porygon2

Antihazards:
Whimiscott
Heavy Duty Boots

Priority:
Abomasnow
Abomasnow as a check to the almighty Kyogre ? Really?
252+ SpA Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Abomasnow: 136-161 (42.3 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
This thing can't come on scarf variant with rocks up, and no matter rocks or no, it can't at all vs specs Kyogre. Plus I'd say it's such a bad mon in the tier.

Though, if Porygon2 seems to be a good check to calyrex, it is chipped easily by EH, and if he's tricked, it becomes a pretty useless mon. I don't see any interest in playing it, and so to put it in the compendium. But it's only my personal opinion.

Abomasnow as a check to the almighty Kyogre ? Really?
252+ SpA Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Abomasnow: 136-161 (42.3 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
This thing can't come on scarf variant with rocks up, and no matter rocks or no, it can't at all vs specs Kyogre. Plus I'd say it's such a bad mon in the tier.

Though, if Porygon2 seems to be a good check to calyrex, it is chipped easily by EH, and if he's tricked, it becomes a pretty useless mon. I don't see any interest in playing it, and so to put it in the compendium. But it's only my personal opinion.
The set that I'm using is this:

Abomasnow @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard

Zero bulk abomasnow barely getting 2hko'd by Kyogre is impressive especially since Zekrom/Kyurem-White which are listed has similar calcs. If you were being charitable, you would use this calc:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Abomasnow: 144-170 (37.5 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

This is the absolute worst possible scenario for Abomasnow and that's significantly better than worst case scenario for any other listed Kyogre checks. Boots negates your rock concerns. It's also important to recognize that Abomasnow is the only Kyogre check that can passively lower Kyogre's HP to weaken spout without any prediction whatsoever and punish switching with combination of leech seed, hail, and protect. The punish can be compounded with hazards if you wish, but it's unique in its sense that it's able to do that without requiring hazards. Not to mention that hail punishes Kyogre Thunders the most, which is invaluable to avoid losing to hax.

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
The set that I'm using is this:

Abomasnow @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard

Zero bulk abomasnow barely getting 2hko'd by Kyogre is impressive especially since Zekrom/Kyurem-White which are listed has similar calcs. If you were being charitable, you would use this calc:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Abomasnow: 144-170 (37.5 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

This is the absolute worst possible scenario for Abomasnow and that's significantly better than worst case scenario for any other listed Kyogre checks. Boots negates your rock concerns. It's also important to recognize that Abomasnow is the only Kyogre check that can passively lower Kyogre's HP to weaken spout without any prediction whatsoever and punish switching with combination of leech seed, hail, and protect. The punish can be compounded with hazards if you wish, but it's unique in its sense that it's able to do that without requiring hazards. Not to mention that hail punishes Kyogre Thunders the most, which is invaluable to avoid losing to hax.
OK, let's say that he's a check to Kyogre.
The thing is, Abomasnow has not less than 8 freaking weaknesses, including Flying, Fire, Fighting, and Steel, which are all uses on commons mon in the tier. Moreover with this set, Abomasnow is super passive. You'll lose momentum quickly, in a meta so offensive it's REALLY not something you want. I understand that it has a decent match up against Kyogre and even Zygarde-C (but truth is if you're running a SpD set you'll eventually struggle VS subcoil zygarde), which is something rare and valuable, but the thing is, you have only 6 mons in a team, and Abomasnow seems to me way too frail to be used in Ubers, while he doesn't has any offensive presence neither to compete against the gods of the tier.

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Some suggestions for an update:
Calyrex-SR Checks:
Remove Mandibuzz, just a bad Yveltal that nobody uses and Yveltal is as common as Primal Groudon currently; Add Porygon2 and Urshifu
maybe add Regieleki (I've seen more physical variants on webs which OHKOes with Assurance and outspeeds every set except Scarf), maybe Umbreon? I don't think it's a very good mon and it isn't ranked on the VR, but it does appear to be mentioned when people ask to Caly answers sometimes

Zacian-C Checks:
Well, remove this section, but I think a Zacian Checks would be needed anyway, so some suggestions for it:
Zacian Checks

Necrozma-DM Checks:
Add Gothitelle

Kyogre Checks:
Take out Abomasnow, nobody really uses it atm, add Shedinja

Xerneas Checks:
Add Ferrothorn and Gothitelle (traps defensive)
, maybe Lunala (can phaze out with Roar when Shadow Shield is up for phys def sets, Sp. Def can phaze even without Shadow Shield but is less common)
, remove Zacian-C
Yveltal Checks:
Add Zekrom, Regieleki, and Zacian
, remove Zacian-C, Diancie, Terrakion, and Clefable
Zygarde-C Checks:
Add Shedinja, Tangrowth, and Buzzwole
, remove Zacian-C, Abomasnow, and Clefable

I'm not sure if a Ho-Oh checks is really needed rn, honestly a think a Groudon checks or Zekrom checks are more necessary than it

Hi, I might be wrong... but doesn't Quagsire take very little from Zacian, shrugging off the Intrepid Sword because of Unaware?

:ss/quagsire:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, I might be wrong... but doesn't Quagsire take very little from Zacian, shrugging off the Intrepid Sword because of Unaware?

:ss/quagsire:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Toxic
It does not
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Zacian Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 195-229 (49.4 - 58.1%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
On top of that, Quagsire is a generally unviable Pokémon on Ubers that is not worth the slot - it was only used before because Zacian-C was that restrictive, but Zacian-Hero is both not as restrictive as Crowned and Quagsire can't answer it as well unless it's a SD set.

It does not
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Zacian Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 195-229 (49.4 - 58.1%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
On top of that, Quagsire is a generally unviable Pokémon on Ubers that is not worth the slot - it was only used before because Zacian-C was that restrictive, but Zacian-Hero is both not as restrictive as Crowned and Quagsire can't answer it as well unless it's a SD set.
unfortunate... :(

SiTuM

j'ai du faire un mauvais rêve
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i just answered a question in the simple questions and answers thread and it made me think, there should be a section with eternatus checks for the offensive sets (meteor beam and LO). these are greatly underestimated even though they're deadly and i think they totally deserve a section of their own.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Calyrex-S Checks:

Add:
- Zarude (dada)

Remove:
- Umbreon (Unviable)

Zacian Checks:
Remove :)

Necrozma-DM Checks:
Add:
- Zarude (phys.def checks it really well)
- Zamazenta-C (Checks all defensive variants)
- Giratina-A (only origin is there rn)

Remove: Inclined to say ditto, it only checks DD and not very well bc of prism armor and if it's defensive DD you just don't

Kyogre Checks:
Add:
- Zarude
- Gastrodon

Xerneas Checks:
Add:
- Zamazenta-C

Yveltal Checks:
Add:
- Zamazenta-C
- Buzzwole
- Toxapex

Remove:
- Terrakion (has this mon ever been used)
- Zacian
- Diancie

Zygarde-C Checks:
Add:
- Zarude
- Ferrothorn

Remove:
- Yveltal (I feel like Yveltal hardly beats any of the zyg sets, dd sets live knock and either dtail or toxic, defensive just set up or Glare to cripple etc.)

Stealth Rock:
Add:
- Aerodactyl
- Landorus-I
- Shuckle

Remove:
- Terrakion
- Diancie

Anti-Hazard:
Remove:
- Mandibuzz
- Rotom-W

Priority:
Add:
- Urshifu
- Weavile

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
Translations Leader
Groudon checks should be added to the list because of how threatening it is in the current meta in my opinion. Also Frosslass in Spikes
That said above, also an Eternatus checks list should be added, since it's one of the top three used Pokemon in the tier with a high variety of set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)