Side Sword and Shield Monotype OM Cup Round Robin Stage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mono om cup art.png

Art by Brumirage
Approved by Monotype Forum Mods
Hosted by Splash

Sword and Shield Monotype OM Cup Round 1
This team tournament gives an opportunity to further develop the Generation 8 Monotype OM's by showcasing AAA, STABmons, LC, Monothreat, and National Dex Monotype in a bo5 series.

Tournament Format & Rules :
  • There are 24 teams of 5 players, divided into 4 groups of 6 teams.
  • This First Stage is a Round Robin Stage. The top 2 teams will advance record-wise to the playoffs.
  • Like normal team tours, you will play bo1 versus your opponents, and the team is playing to win the best of five between the players. You do not need to play all at the same time, so schedule individually like usual!
  • You must play on the main Pokemon Showdown server or on the Smogtours server. Replays posted from any other server will be ignored.
  • This tournament is about developing Monotype OMs and their metagames. As a result, you must abide by the following.:
    • Save your replays
    • And post your replays
    • There's a lot of Replays to keep track of PLEASE POST YOUR WINS WITH REPLAYS OR THEY WILL NOT BE COUNTED!!!!!
  • Extensions don't exist in team tours, but there are no subs in this tour. So, I will leave the option of extensions open with the caveat that you need to legitimately try to schedule within the week. I reserve the right to deny extensions.
  • Tournament Discussion can be in the Monotype Room on PS! or the Monotype Tours Discussion Channel in the Monotype Discord.
Standard Monotype Rules:
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages

Tournament Structure:

Last edited:

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hello, a quick note that please refer to the ban lists in the OM Mega Thread to make sure you keep up with recent bans/unbans! We don't have formats to support these metagames so usage of illegal stuff unintentionally will result in a forfeit loss. Feel free to PM me if you have any concerns and questions. The ban lists are updated to the main posts of each metagame.

While challenging your opponent, please stick to these formats.

AAA/STABmons/National Dex = Gen 8 Custom Game
LC = Gen 8 Ubers
Monothreat = Gen 8 Monotype

Last edited:

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hello, a quick note that please refer to the ban lists in the OM Mega Thread to make sure you keep up with recent bans/unbans! We don't have formats to support these metagames so usage of illegal stuff unintentionally will result in a forfeit loss. Feel free to PM me if you have any concerns and questions. The ban lists are updated to the main posts of each metagame.

While challenging your opponent, please stick to these formats.

AAA/STABmons/National Dex = Gen 8 Custom Game
LC = Gen 8 Ubers
Monothreat = Gen 8 Monotype
Greetings it's me again, with an update to the challengeable formats. We have found out that it is possible to preset challenge rules before challenging each other, and I wrote a battle code for each metagame. With these commands, you can be sure that your team is valid thus have no worry of using illegal stuff. Simply copy-paste these in any chat to challenge your opponent.

AAA

/challenge opponent,gen8almostanyability@@@sametypeclause,+Dracovish,+Zeraora,+Urshifu,+imposter,+libero,-damprock,-smoothrock

IMPORTANT NOTICE: IMPOSTER AND LIBERO ARE ONLY FREED FOR DITTO AND CINDERACE RESPECTIVELY. YOU CANNOT USE IMPOSTER IN ANY OTHER MON THAT ISNT DITTO, AND LIBERO IS ALSO EXCLUSIVE TO THE CINDERACE EVOLUTION LINE. USING THESE TWO ABILITIES ON ANY OTHER POKEMON WILL RESULT IN A FORFEIT LOSS.

STABmons

/challenge opponent, gen8stabmons@@@sametypeclause,+Dracovish,+Darmanitan,+Darmanitan Galar,+Gengar,+Cinderace,-Melmetal,-Magearna, -Urshifu-Rapid-Strike

LC

/challenge opponent, gen8lc@@@sametypeclause,+cutiefly,+vulpix alola,+chlorophyll

National Dex

/challenge opponent, gen8nationaldex@@@sametypeclause,+Darmanitan Galar,+Kyurem Black,+Deoxys Speed,+Landorus-base,-Damp Rock,-Smooth Rock,-Tapu Lele,-Magearna,-Hoopa Unbound,-Zygarde10%,+Metagrossite,-Kartana,+Urshifu,+Urshifu-Rapid-Strike,+Arena Trap,+Alakazite,+Alakazam-Mega,+Tornadus-T,+Metagross-Mega,-battle bond

Monothreat

Monothreat remains Gen8Monotype lmao.

Last edited:
After further consideration, each pool will be assigned a designated Monothreat type for the round robin. This means you will play all 5 of your opponents in your pool with various builds of the same types. This encourages more creativity regarding in-depth Monothreat building. Please refer to the OP above as these changes have been reflected there.

Zacian Pool Monothreat Water
Zamazenta Pool Monothreat Psychic
Urshifu Pool Monothreat Steel
Eternatus Pool Monothreat Dark

Tagging the monothreat players below

For those wondering, in the Eternatus Pool for LC Mono they posted the wrong Smogon account. I am Jeff (AKA Aroma Jeff, MeNaemJeff, !Jeff) from the team Drastic Duraludons. Please direct all scheduling messages to me either via replying here or by Discord DMs (Klergon#4793). Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)