Project SV ZU Teambuilding Competition

diegoyuhhi

our shared past and our lost future
is a Pre-Contributor
:muk: :spiritomb: :sv/muk: :sv/spiritomb: :muk: :spiritomb:

These 2 mons have been the absolute face of the ZU tier for many weeks now, thanks to their amazing defensive and offensive profile which lets them fit in many different teams, and thus it was no surprise to see them in the S tier of the latest ZU VR.
Build a team featuring Muk and Spiritomb and post it in this thread with a brief description.
Deadline is Friday 26th at 10pm GMT+2.
Have fun!

The-Bastion-of-Bulwarks-4-24-2024.gif
Untitled design(4).png
:Spiritomb: :Muk: :Dipplin: :Rhydon: :Orthworm: :Sneasel-Hisui:

https://pokepast.es/2b8f3899a1cd53da

:Spiritomb: I wanted to use Spiritomb's OTR Set as it's very strong right now. It sets up trick room for itself, and I'm already thinking of synergizing this ability to set up trick room for others on the team in the future. Spiritomb is a GREAT Spin-BlockerTM. And hazard stacking will help it tear through teams even easier after setting up. It doesn't ohko much of the tier without them.
- Dormammu because it looks like dormammu and hates TIME!

:Muk: Again I went for it's most used set. It synergizes well naturally with spiritomb - resisting the random fairy moves (namely tera blast on random mons) that threaten it, and together they both MESS UPPPP Sneasel-Hisui's. Set is standard rn for a reason.
- The Blob because - NO POWER ON EARTH CAN MOVE THE BLOOOB!

:Orthworm: Next I wanted a ground immunity and a hazard setter. I've had a real easy time in the past using Orthworm as a spiker. So we slot it in as our ground resist/steel type and spiker.
- Colossus because steel type, color scheme, defensive stalwart.

:Rhydon: One of my FAVORITE mons and one of the best rockers in the tier is Rhydon. We slot it in for rocks, phazing with ROAR to rack up hazards/deal with setup, and deceptively powerful stabs without boosting. Bonus: Trick Room from Spiritomb allows me to forgo any speed creep as the temptation to outspeed zero speed muk is countered by the idea of trick room synergy.
- The Thing is one of my favorite characters and is made of rock.

:Dipplin: What's a great defensive mon that 4X resists both grass and water moves Rhydon hates??? It's ya boi, Iron Man - I mean Dipplin. Dipplin gives us another way to hit on the special side AND another way to phaze mons with DRAGON TAIL - and it's better at doing it to rack up hazard damage as it has RECOVER. Steel tera because it's the best on the mon imo.
- Iron Man because it is a normal cute lil guy then BOOM Tera Steel baby!

:Sneasel-Hisui: Lastly, we add Sneasel-Hisui as a powerful wallbreaker/late game cleaner/speed control as it is also helped GREATLY by hazard stacks. I found that throat chop doesn't hit super hard without an sd AND tera, so I opted for TERA FIRE to prevent burns and additional speed control via TRAILBLAZE. A lot of times you can get off both an SD AND a TrailBlaze.
- X-23 because claws and physique!

I use the free playground.com go to this link and you can straight up copy my settings and "remix" them yourself. - https://playground.com/post/orthwor...teel-covered-coloss-clvdb1jvu08b6s601yb68eehd

Prompt: Pokemon (pokemon character) as Character (marvel comics), steve ditko style, Watercolor, trending on artstation, sharp focus, studio photo, intricate details, highly detailed, by greg rutkowski

<a href="https://www.textstudio.com">Font Generator</a>

Attachments

Last edited:
:shaymin: :muk: :magneton: :orthworm: :spiritomb: :basculin:
Danny might recognize this team lol. Subseed shaymin is a underatted mon in this meta, so i decided to build around it. Muk+ tomb make a solid defensive core, even with OTR tomb. Orthworm helps with strong physical attackers and puts up rocks. Magneton helps wallbreak for shaymin and appreciates it softening up its checks. Basc round out the team with speed control, as well as making a great volturn core with magneton.

And I'm back with another stall team. Unsurprisingly, being forced to use 2 mons with great defensive stats, typing, and movepools did not prove to be that much of a constraint on this teamstyle, so here's what I came up with.
:spiritomb: :Muk: :dipplin: :cryogonal: :orthworm: :carbink:
First on the team, we have :spiritomb:. I ran a pretty standard physically defensive set with wisp, resttalk, and dark pulse for veluza. this set does great for countering a surprisingly high number of offensive threats, along with being a great spinblocker.
With spiritomb being a physical wall, :Muk: is the general use special wall. toxic and knock to make progress, poison jab to threaten grasses and deal chip, and rest to stay healthy, muk can check the large majority of special attackers while making very good progress in the opposing team.
:dipplin: the goat returns for a third team in a row, and it's not hard to see why. The bulk on this mon is absurd, and the very few physical attackers that threaten it tend to do terribly into spiritomb and orthworm. It can soak up massive neutral attacks from any mon in the tier, and threaten them back with giga drain or draco.
:cryogonal: is the resident spinner, as well as a general purpose special wall and haze user. It checks all the remaining qd users, and most other non-fire type special attackers.
:Orthworm: is the team's rocker, and another physical wall. Just like dipplin, worm takes surprisingly little from most neutral physical attacks, and can respond with massive body presses or heavy slams. I was considering running ID over heavy slam to check poliwrath at the cost of threatening ghosts like rotom and spiritomb, so that is something you can try out if you're struggling with poliwrath.
:carbink: is the final mon on the team and the fire-resistant special wall. It's here to spike up, wall the fire types forever, and serve as a generally super bulky mon. body press threatens most mons even off an uninvested 150 defense stat, and power gem makes sure ghosts and flyers don't get free switches either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)