Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Wild Charge

You may ask yourself? Why? isn't wild charge damage vs talonflame and bulky water's or tera bug ability to revenge kill extremely valuable? Well its infinitely funnier because you get to click this move and drop pokemon which could think they can switch in

252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Fighting Slither Wing Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tera Poison Quagsire: 177-209 (44.9 - 53%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Have you ever seen such damage, that is 2hko'ing tera poison quag without any chip damage easily! it also makes you rock resistant which is infinitely valuable when ur gonna be hit and running a lot. What about its worst enemy talonflame!

252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Fighting Slither Wing Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 293-345 (81.6 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Boom what a drop! 0 bulk just dies while max bulk requires 10% chip to alr be in almost ohko range. Many neutral targets which can usually take its hits now just get dropped! Even resists just die in 2 hits esp if they arent very fat such as....

252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Fighting Slither Wing Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 203-239 (56.3 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Fighting Slither Wing Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Salamence: 177-209 (53.4 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Fighting Slither Wing Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 149-176 (37.8 - 44.6%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Fighting Slither Wing Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gardevoir: 157-185 (56.6 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock ( even quad resists arent safe)

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
my shell obama (Slowbro) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Body Press
- Slack Off
- Foul Play
- Psychic

I really like this three attack set - it just covers more Pokemon than 2 attacks ever could. Foul Play is very nice for Taunt Gyarados, which normally beats Iron Defense Slowbro (actually you still technically can't counter DD gyara since +1 TB Flying 2HKOs you and foul play doesn't OHKO, but you do much better than most Slowbro). It also still badly hurts Haxorus/DD Mence (and you don't need to worry about tera steel walling your ice beam too). Psychic lets you beat Quaq and Talonflame, plus it hits Hawlucha. Body Press lets you beat Wochien if you tera (and sometimes if you don't if they aren't running special moves) plus it hits Tyranitar, which you can tera fighting to counter.

I still think Surf/Iron Defense/CM/Thunder Wave/Future Sight/Ice Beam are all more than good options on Slowbro, but I think these 3 attacks are the "safest" in the sense they beat/counter much of the metagame.

:Cyclizar:
Cyclizar @ Assault Vest / Boots
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

I do not know how to EV so don't @ me lol. Anyway, I think Dragon Tail is the preferable move on utility Cyclizar these days compared to Draco. Typically, people switch Cyclizar into Skelidirge and knock and then sit around doing nothing. Dragon Tail compliments your knock off nicely by actually forcing out the skelidirge and making your opponent go into a hazard removal sequence to get dirge in safely the next time. If you force a tera fairy on Dirge that's a net win in my book because you can now spin on it and your steel types like Scizor now can go crazy. This also acts as a nice emergency check to various special set up mons like Glowbro, Cress, and Goltres. While you lack any real finishing potential without Draco, I think Dragon Tail more than compensates for it by further increasing your utility. Seriously, this mon has hazard removal, item removal, pivoting, and phazing on a single set.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Well Meowscarada is gone but not forgotten, here's a set I really liked:

ow! it's meow (Meowscarada) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Flower Trick
- Tera Blast
- Spikes

Tera Fire has a ton of uses if you can dedicate the slot, including not being revenge killed by Scizor (and Gardevoir) while of course killing Breloom, Tinkaton, Scizor, Chesnaught (with a lot of chip), Decidueyes. Also being able to switch move but still having a of power is great.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9uu-707158 here's a drew tour game with it

life orb inspired by fyfyk game here https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9uu-704685

Well Meowscarada is gone but not forgotten, here's a set I really liked:

ow! it's meow (Meowscarada) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Flower Trick
- Tera Blast
- Spikes

Tera Fire has a ton of uses if you can dedicate the slot, including not being revenge killed by Scizor (and Gardevoir) while of course killing Breloom, Tinkaton, Scizor, Chesnaught (with a lot of chip), Decidueyes. Also being able to switch move but still having a of power is great.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9uu-707158 here's a drew tour game with it

life orb inspired by fyfyk game here https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9uu-704685
mine was sucker+knock+flower+playrough

:Salamence:
Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots/ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Dual Wingbeat

This set has some serious late game surprise factor. There is a large amount of set variety and Tera types Mence can run in UU and this set probably gets more milage than it should just because your opponent may assume special attacker first or a tera steel. Sub means you beat standard Quag and tera ground amps up your Earthquakes tremendously. It also may be used to get that crucial turn of setup against Electric attackers like Thundy-T. Flying+Ground is really good coverage; you cleanly OHKO standard Tinkaton at +0 with Tera Ground EQ and have a very good chance of beating Skelidirge without getting burned unless they make perfect reads. I am torn game by game on whether I prefer boots or lum but ultimately you want HP if you're running Sub so boots is my go to.

:Breloom:
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Fighting / Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Spore / Protect / Leech Seed
- Bullet Seed / Tera Blast
- Focus Punch

SubPunch Breloom is a huge matchup fish with Skelidirge in the format but it's pretty good outside of Skeli. I like this set with Slowking support for both future sight and chilly reception to get it in safely and proc Toxic Orb (I am not a fan of running protect on this set). This set synergizes well with Tspike support. I have messed around with various tera types and even swapping out bullet seed for tera blast but I keep coming back to Tera Fighting which comes in clutch occasionally to secure a KO. Tera Rock is also okay to smack Tornadus and Thundurus. You need a sturdy dedicated Skeli answer when running this set, something like H-Arcanine or even better, Flash Fire Tera Normal Ceruledge (which deserves a slash on its main set for hard countering standard skeli).

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
zapif (Zarude) @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 228 HP / 136 SpD / 144 Spe
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Jungle Healing
- Synthesis
- Bulk Up

Truly an insane Pokemon, faster than Basculegion and a spdef dump gives you enough special bulk to set up on Mence which switch into you after you tera and Scizor normally loses to you as well. Pair it with a Scizor yourself to abuse the skele that tera fairy to beat you. I love this mon, try it out guys!!!

One more breloom set for y'all that I enjoy quite a bit
Breloom @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch (priority nuke)
- Aerial Ace (anti-Chestnaught technology)
- Stone Edge - (anti bird and ghost crocodile technology)
- Close Combat (horrifying super nuke when tera'd)

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Breloom Aerial Ace vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 408-480 (107.6 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This set capitalizes on the switches that the threat of spore induces in the opponent. Aerial Ace is an interesting lure for obliterating chestnaught, it's absoutely crazy that it doesn't even need a roll. Here's a replay - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1934449085-ag45q1k4maq55tludskulbf9zjo0d8kpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1934469497-pooet68ol9yjhpnjvebr4ygte7enudcpw

Typical choice band Breloom runs Seed Bomb as its grass move, though I prefer dropping the grass stab and just adding coverage. Stone Edge is a pretty free click depending on the situation, because until your full moveset is revealed your opponent must respect the possibility of spore, even on a banded set. The slightest of chip ensures the kill on Skeli (if you really wanna go crazy run Tera Rock) and all the birds in the tier obviously evaporate.

I think Breloom is one of the most interesting mons in UU. There's so many interesting set and move possibilities that have yet to be explored beyond lazy sash lead sets. I have also recently bumped into some running Toxic, which is a more passive way of pressuring Chestnaught and Skelli switches.

Last edited:
One more breloom set for y'all that I enjoy quite a bit
Breloom @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch (priority nuke)
- Aerial Ace (anti-Chestnaught technology)
- Stone Edge - (anti bird and ghost crocodile technology)
- Close Combat (horrifying super nuke when tera'd)

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Breloom Aerial Ace vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 408-480 (107.6 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This set capitalizes on the switches that the threat of spore induces in the opponent. Aerial Ace is an interesting lure for obliterating chestnaught, it's absoutely crazy that it doesn't even need a roll. Here's a replay - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1934449085-ag45q1k4maq55tludskulbf9zjo0d8kpw

Typical choice band Breloom runs Seed Bomb as its grass move, though I prefer dropping the grass stab and just adding coverage. Stone Edge is a pretty free click depending on the situation, because until your full moveset is revealed your opponent must respect the possibility of spore, even on a banded set. The slightest of chip ensures the kill on Skeli (if you really wanna go crazy run Tera Rock) and all the birds in the tier obviously evaporate.

I think Breloom is one of the most interesting mons in UU. There's so many interesting set and move possibilities that have yet to be explored beyond lazy sash lead sets. I have also recently bumped into some running Toxic, which is a more passive way of pressuring Chestnaught and Skelli switches.
I've been thinking about CB breloom for a while, I gotta build something with this when the shifts come out.

It looks quite nice, except is there any reason why you picked Stone Edge over Rock Tomb? What threshold does the extra 10BP hit you that is worth the 20% lower accuracy?

:Mienshao:
Mienshao @ Life Orb / Heavy Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Spinner
- U-turn

I am a huge fan of Mienshao, it's definitely underrated. Ice Spinner lets you kill Garchomp and knock off + uturn make progress. This set pairs extremely well spamming u-turn along with Flip-Turn Mola and U-turn Lokix. I am personally a fan of life orb on this set but boots compliment using it on a pivotspam team.

:skeledirge:
Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 188 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Torch Song
- Tera Blast
- Earth Power
- Slack Off

This dirge set is pretty amazing! with tera blast u get to beat things like hydreigon who can switch into u endlessly, garchomp, kommo-o, and more. Earth power is a great option for heatran and hitting tera fire garchomp as well. But this is mainly for heatran and not being fother for it.

There is not much to say about this set as giving up shadow ball can suck I feel it isnt necessary for dirge to function and these moves are good. I feel this is the better set as it allows you to not be fother for several mons

:rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Why double status? are you weird? well... rotom-w can use double status for a variety of situations... if one doesnt expect it, it might be very useful to have. Like for ex. you reveal t wave and you paralyze smth like a hydreigon. Now garchomp may want to use you as free setup because they dont fear wisp or so they think.. same think other way around. you wisped a gastrodon now that NP hydreigon might think ur free setup until u para them

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Well there's one set I've been enjoying quite a bit recently, but it was held back quite a bit by Garchomp's offensive presence and, to an extent, Ceruledge as well. With those gone, it can shine quite a bit more, so I wanted to show it off, because I find it to be really interesting and fun to use.

:rs/jirachi:
Jirachi @ Covert Cloak / Colbur Berry / Occa Berry / Shuca Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Tera Type: Fairy / Flying / Dragon / Water
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Aura Sphere
- Stored Power / Psychic

All Pokémon are bolded, Jirachi in Yellow, advantageous matchups in Green, matchups that are about even or may require some minor resource in Blue, disadvantageous matchups in Red, Items, Moves and Tera Types are underlined.

When people think of Jirachi, they usually think of Serene Grace Iron Head spam with Choice Scarf, or maybe they think of defensive pivot sets with Wish and U-Turn. Offensive Calm Mind Jirachi (also known as Superachi, that name is so cool) is not really considered much outside of its early gens, but I've been having some decent success with it. The SpAtk investment translates extremely well into its damage output as, alongside the HP investment, it's sufficient to take hits and dish them back in a way to allow it to beat pokemon you wouldn't think it could. For example, you can survive an Earthquake from Iron Treads and a Knock Off from Meowscarada and 1HKO them back with a +1 Aura Sphere, meaning even if your opponent knows you're gonna Calm Mind, it's a bit difficult to prevent it from taking a kill. It can also 2HKO Sandy Shocks with a +0 Psychic and survive an Earth Power. Basically, it's hard to 1HKO, threatens to setup and hits reasonably hard.

However, aside from being able to take out pokemon that you'd expect it to be countered by, it can also boost with Calm Mind and stay healthy (maybe not as much as you'd like though) with Wish. It can actually get quite a few setup opportunities against some defensive pivots you'd usually send in against Iron Head such as Rotom-Wash and Alomomola. These are great opportunities for it as those can't do much to prevent Calm Mind and, even if they are already on the field, they are likely to Protect to scout for a Trick or attempt to burn it rather than pivot out into a counter right away. Jirachi being given an extra turn to Calm Mind against these threats is incredible for it as it can enable it to beat many special attackers such as Tornadus-T and Thundurus-T, but more impressively, Fire types like Heatran, Volcanion and Moltres as well as Sandy Shocks. It can even come out of those exchanges rather healthy if you use the tools at its disposal properly enough (resistance berries, Tera, Wish) or if it's using Stored Power which can land certain 1HKOs Psychic can't at +2, Volcanion being a notable example. It doesn't tend to end games all that easily if your opponent's team is fast enough, but it can reliably trade or better if you can position it properly.

Jirachi also has some defensive utility, though it's a bit limited due to Wish without Protect being very unreliable recovery and 148HP as your sole defensive investment being on the more underwhelming side. However, it can help out against certain offensive threats in a pinch. It's at its best dealing with Fighting types, especially if you have Psychic to threaten 1HKOs. It can take hits from and pressure Okidogi, Breloom and Iron Hands notably and can also be nice to have as backup to deal with Quaquaval or Zapdos-Galar. It can also wall Munkidori and Ogerpons lacking Knock Off to an extent. Again, not the most defensively sound option available, but it does contribute which is nice.

As far as its options go, Jirachi can tech items, Tera types and even certain moves to improve its matchups against pretty much any mon. Covert Cloak is interesting, letting you set up on Garganacl. It also protects from other secondary effect, but most of them are not things Jirachi is too afraid of. The only thing it does let it wall well is opposing Scarf Jirachis, but you're just gonna end up getting Tricked once they see you setting up. Colbur, Occa and Shuca Berry are all pretty obviously useful, letting you take a hit from offensive checks more easily, Occa seems like the most interesting to me currently to improve the Heatran matchup though. Leftovers is just the generally good item and gives you a better chance to sweep outright by staying healthy while also allowing you to Calm Mind on mons like Thundy-T without minding your health as much. As for the Tera types, once again, all of them allow you to play around one of your big weakness. Dragon and Water should actually give you a good chance at breaking past Skeledirge alongside Stored Power and, once again, both are useful against Heatran. Flying stands out here more than Shuca Berry did as a full Ground immunity gives you a much better opportunity to snowball by essentially giving you a free turn without sacrificing any of your health. Last but not least is the choice between Psychic and Stored Power. Psychic's instant damage output is extremely useful to check Fighting types, but also allows you to wear down offensive checks such as Sandy Shocks and Volcanion very quickly without having to setup. However, if you expect to be able to surprise your opponent with this set and gain setup turns, Stored Power is notably good for breaking through very bulky pokemon like Skeledirge and Garganacl.

It's hard to say this set has perfect counters between Tera and resist berries, but there's certainly counterplay available. Heatran and Skeledirge can obviously pressure it decently well, forcing it to switch out or to use its Tera unless Jirachi wants to lose a lot of health. Encore and Taunt from various mon can also get in its way, with Scream Tail being the most annoying mon for it to face, though it's very rare at this point. Chipping it with hazards or a defensive mon can allow it to get picked off by strong physical attackers such as Iron Treads or Meowscarada as well. Finally, positionning it properly can sometimes be pretty difficult if few mons afford a safe setup opportunity.

Finally, here's a dump of calcs and matchups that you might want to know.
Can be 1v1'd if you choose the correct move on their switch-in:
:basculegion-f: Modest Specs Basculegion-F (CM or Psychic, requires Psychic) (Psychic requires any hazard to 2HKO)
:hydreigon: Leftovers/Scarf Hydreigon (Aura Sphere)
:iron treads: Iron Treads (CM or Aura Sphere)
:meowscarada: Meowscarada (CM or Aura Sphere)
:sandy shocks: Sandy Shocks (Psychic)
:scizor: Swords Dance Scizor (CM or Aura Sphere)
:tornadus-therian: Boots Tornadus-Therian (CM or Psychic)
:thundurus-therian: Thundurus-Therian (CM or Psychic)
:ursaluna: Flame Orb Ursaluna (Aura Sphere) (Needs to be burned already or have taken chip previously)
:volcanion: Volcanion (CM, requires Psychic)
:weavile: Choice Band Weavile (Aura Sphere) (Other sets never 1HKO you)

Requires a specific item, Tera type or an extra turn of setup:
:arcanine-hisui: Arcanine-Hisui (Aura Sphere+Occa Berry/Any Tera)
:garganacl: Garganacl (CM+Covert Cloak)
:heatran: Bulky Heatran (CM+Occa Berry/Tera Dragon or Water/Another CM)
:heatran: Offensive Heatran (CM+Tera Dragon or Water)
:skeledirge: Skeledirge (CM+Tera Dragon or Water+Stored Power)

VS Arcanine-Hisui :arcanine-hisui:
252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Arcanine-Hisui: 192-226 (58 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Arcanine-Hisui: 286-338 (86.4 - 102.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Arcanine-Hisui Flare Blitz vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 360-426 (95.2 - 112.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Arcanine-Hisui Flare Blitz vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Occa Berry Jirachi: 180-213 (47.6 - 56.3%) -- 84.4% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Arcanine-Hisui Flare Blitz vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Tera Dragon Jirachi: 90-106 (23.8 - 28%) -- 91.6% chance to 4HKO

VS Basculegion-F :basculegion-f:
252+ SpA Jirachi Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Basculegion-F: 171-202 (44.8 - 53%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Jirachi Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Basculegion-F: 255-301 (66.9 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Basculegion-F Shadow Ball vs. +1 148 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 320-380 (84.6 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

VS Garganacl :garganacl:
+1 252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Garganacl: 186-220 (46 - 54.4%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Garganacl: 248-292 (61.3 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252+ SpA Jirachi Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Garganacl: 403-475 (99.7 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Garganacl Earthquake vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 146-172 (38.6 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 4 Def Garganacl Body Press vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 145-171 (38.3 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

VS Heatran :heatran:
+1 252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 212+ SpD Heatran: 170-202 (44 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 212+ SpD Heatran: 228-270 (59 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. +1 148 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 182-216 (48.1 - 57.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after trapping damage
0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. +2 148 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 134-162 (35.4 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after trapping damage
0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. +1 148 HP / 0 SpD Occa Berry Jirachi: 91-108 (24 - 28.5%) -- 93.2% chance to 3HKO after trapping damage
0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. +2 148 HP / 0 SpD Occa Berry Jirachi: 67-81 (17.7 - 21.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after trapping damage
0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. +1 148 HP / 0 SpD Tera Dragon Jirachi: 45-54 (11.9 - 14.2%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after trapping damage

+1 252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 226-268 (69.9 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. +1 148 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 218-260 (57.6 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after trapping damage
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. +1 148 HP / 0 SpD Occa Berry Jirachi: 109-130 (28.8 - 34.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after trapping damage
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. +1 148 HP / 0 SpD Tera Dragon Jirachi: 54-65 (14.2 - 17.1%) -- 62.2% chance to 4HKO after trapping damage

VS Hydreigon :hydreigon:
252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 174-206 (53.5 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 148 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 254-302 (67.1 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

VS Iron Treads :iron treads:
252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Iron Treads: 214-252 (66.6 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Iron Treads: 318-376 (99 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Iron Treads Earthquake vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 294-348 (77.7 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Iron Treads Earthquake vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Shuca Berry Jirachi: 147-174 (38.8 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

VS Meowscarada :meowscarada:
252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Meowscarada: 214-252 (73 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Meowscarada: 318-376 (108.5 - 128.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Meowscarada Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 284-336 (75.1 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Meowscarada Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Jirachi: 142-168 (37.5 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Meowscarada Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Jirachi: 71-84 (18.7 - 22.2%) -- possible 5HKO

VS Sandy Shocks :sandy shocks:
252+ SpA Jirachi Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Sandy Shocks: 153-181 (49.1 - 58.1%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Jirachi Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Sandy Shocks: 229-271 (73.6 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Sandy Shocks Earth Power vs. 148 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 282-332 (74.6 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Sandy Shocks Earth Power vs. +1 148 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 186-222 (49.2 - 58.7%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Sandy Shocks Earth Power vs. +1 148 HP / 0 SpD Shuca Berry Jirachi: 93-111 (24.6 - 29.3%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO

VS Scizor :scizor:
252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 96-114 (33.2 - 39.4%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
+1 252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 144-170 (49.8 - 58.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Scizor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 234-276 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 54-64 (14.2 - 16.9%) -- possible 6HKO

VS Skeledirge :skeledirge:
+3 252+ SpA Jirachi Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Unaware Skeledirge: 201-237 (48.9 - 57.6%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Unaware Skeledirge Torch Song vs. 148 HP / 0 SpD Tera Dragon Jirachi: 46-55 (12.1 - 14.5%) -- possible 7HKO
+1 0 SpA Unaware Skeledirge Hex (65 BP) vs. 148 HP / 0 SpD Tera Dragon Jirachi: 114-135 (30.1 - 35.7%) -- 31.5% chance to 3HKO

VS Tornadus-Therian :tornadus-therian:
252+ SpA Jirachi Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tornadus-Therian: 147-174 (49.1 - 58.1%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Jirachi Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tornadus-Therian: 220-259 (73.5 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Heat Wave vs. 148 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 184-218 (48.6 - 57.6%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO
0- Atk Tornadus-Therian Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 126-150 (33.3 - 39.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

VS Thundurus-Therian :thundurus-therian:
252+ SpA Jirachi Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Thundurus-Therian: 160-190 (53.5 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Jirachi Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Thundurus-Therian: 241-285 (80.6 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Jirachi Stored Power (60 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Thundurus-Therian: 160-190 (53.5 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Thundurus-Therian Thunderbolt vs. 148 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 160-189 (42.3 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Thundurus-Therian Thunderbolt vs. +1 148 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 108-127 (28.5 - 33.5%) -- 0.3% chance to 3HKO

VS Ursaluna :ursaluna:
252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 124 HP / 0 SpD Ursaluna: 192-228 (44.4 - 52.7%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after burn damage
252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Earthquake vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Shuca Berry Jirachi: 285-336 (75.3 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

VS Volcanion :volcanion:
252+ SpA Jirachi Psychic vs. 116 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 147-174 (44.5 - 52.7%) -- 21.9% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Jirachi Psychic vs. 116 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 220-261 (66.6 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Volcanion Fire Blast vs. 148 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 396-468 (104.7 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Volcanion Fire Blast vs. +1 148 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 264-312 (69.8 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Volcanion Fire Blast vs. +1 148 HP / 0 SpD Occa Berry Jirachi: 132-156 (34.9 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Volcanion Fire Blast vs. +2 148 HP / 0 SpD Occa Berry Jirachi: 100-118 (26.4 - 31.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

VS Weavile :weavile:
252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Weavile: 364-432 (129.5 - 153.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 302-356 (79.8 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Jirachi: 151-178 (39.9 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Tera Dark Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 404-476 (106.8 - 125.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tera Dark Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Jirachi: 202-238 (53.4 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Jirachi: 75-89 (19.8 - 23.5%) -- possible 5HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 450-530 (119 - 140.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Jirachi: 225-265 (59.5 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Dark Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Jirachi: 300-354 (79.3 - 93.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Dark Weavile Knock Off vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Jirachi: 101-119 (26.7 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey all, I've only been back seriously for prob just under two weeks, however I have been playing on and off for around 2 months. Recently I have seen success with one set in particular, and I wanted to share mainly because it has improved significantly with recent tier shifts.

My metric for defining this set as underrated/creative being that it does not feature on its UU Smogon analysis page.

Ogerpon @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt / Play Rough / Rock Tomb

What does this bring over Meowscarada? The ability to be (almost) as fast and strong as both Band and Scarf Meowscarada in one set. Ivy Cudgel is very spam-able, is non-contact and a great late-game win-condition. To indicate the power of this move, all viable variants of Tornadus-Therian are 2hko'd on the switch-in. I don't feel I need to explain Knock Off and U-Turn however I did want to point out that Ogerpon can Tera very early game and be threatening at any time; it forces your opponent to be careful with their decision making mid-game and can generate a lot of momentum with little effort on your end. The last move slot is what brings this set into contention for being underrated, Zen Headbutt hits a lot of Ogerpon’s immediate switch-ins, said switch-ins, once removed make a late game Ivy Cudgel sweep more viable. Hitting the likes of Amoonguss, Weezing-Galar and Okidogi for a 2HKO on all after Stealth Rocks forces your opponent into an awkward position, either: forcing a defensive tera, or an obvious switch. Play Rough can 2HKO Mandibuzz, and is a late game option versus +1 Salamence. Rock Tomb is an option to hit the likes of Moltres & Talonflame upon switching in.

Banded Ogerpon is easily its best set imo, threatening all of Rain bar Barraskewda and Jolly (ew) Basculegion, it's very splash-able mid-game - being able to generate free momentum very easily and it has coverage for its main switch-ins. In summary, this set lets you play Ogerpon to most of its strengths and allows you to play aggressively with little to no risk. Please give this set a whirl, you won't be dissappointed.

Last edited:
Lilligant-Hisui @ Wide Lens
Ability: Hustle
Tera Type: Ghost
Jolly Nature
- Victory Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Tera Blast

This entire pokemon is underated.... with victory dance you are still slower than scarf latios, and with ice spinner you can really chunk zapdos eps if its offensive and even then the chip is pretty valuable that some pokemon cant get.

Smth this does over iron leaves is having act breaking power into balance teams... when iron leaves cant setup its kinda fucked and sometimes it does happen but h-lilligant clicking buttons into balance is pretty strong to take advantage of those switches with hazards up...

victory dance often wins games.. if you dont miss that is, 88% every turn can suck but often times if you are clicking the buttons missing isnt exactly happning so often as 1/8 chance can happen but its not smth to write hmoe about esp since other pokemon also suffer from such a problem.

It can do setup well into teams that give it a free setup turn and unlike iron leaves doesnt die instantly to dark moves which gives it good setup turns

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i heard we hate garchomp.. sure it warps the meta around it - how can we use that to our advantage, forcing progress and rendering its turns of hazard stack obsolete?
Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
this set is lots of fun, either force a spin or get free SD, EVERY SINGLE TIME tank chomp switches in.
funnily enough this mon has great synergy alongside your own tank chomp since you lose your ground type and need something to abuse the fact you're now weak to scizor.
rock slide is great for hitting the likes of mandi / zapdos hoping to take advantage of your STAB combo.
mold breaker beats down levitate and unaware mons - opening up a space for another sweeper such as banded scizor or scarf terrak.
this set, imo, is the best at getting the most out of Exca both defensively and offensively, getting multiple opportunities to SD / Spin vs one of the most common meta threats.

Last edited:
Quaquaval @ Choice Band
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Water
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
This has been preforming pretty well for me overall. While you don't have as much utility, you do have great sweeping capabilities, as you can easily overwhelm bulkier teams that can't take you out fast enough, along with frailer teams after getting up an aqua step. Something you can run, which is quite funny on this set, is rapid spin if you still want the added utility. Not sure on the best spread, but this works quite well as either a late game cleaner or in some situations a lead to completely blow over unprepared teams.

Hydrapple @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

This set retains the ability to check excadrill and no scale shot chomp, but adds power as a choice attacker.
leaf storm and draco meteor are more than twice as powerful as the typical hydrapple moves, and can attack counters with more power than expected.
Since choice and regenerator are good for hit-and-run, and nasty plot set often easily revenged after set-up against poor opponents, I think choice deserves to be considered by all teams as an option for hydrapple.

Iron Jugulis @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hurricane
- Earth Power
- Work Up

I think work up jugulis has some good niches... for ex. you force out slowking, -2 latios or locked into purge, skeledirge, mienshao, ogerpon, etc. You can output a lot more dmg into pokemon and hit good breakpoints for ex. with +1 hurricane u can nuke a lot of offensive mons like garchomp

+1 252 SpA Iron Jugulis Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 294-346 (82.3 - 96.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 SpA Iron Jugulis Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mandibuzz: 270-318 (63.8 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 SpA Iron Jugulis Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 207-244 (51.2 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)