Resource SV Ubers Viability Rankings (Post DLC2)

trick room NDM sets up on it with tera fire as it is slower than skele, and if it uses tera fire unexpectedly and is slower than you, you just gave the free turns, potentially even a plus 4 NDM coming your way. also Bulbasaur<heatran, what happened to the PFP? alluring voice is not too real of a set to me or any other top level players (which neither am I is a part of)
Okay, that is fair, but against other sets it can do well against NDM. But that set specifically does beat skeldirge. I would say that helping against most of the common sets of the top three is something to be proud. It also countering zacian-c and arceus normal is something it did in DLC1, but is still valuable here. I think that's what a B rank mon would be.
Also, smol boi is best boi.

Okay, that is fair, but against other sets it can do well against NDM. But that set specifically does beat skeldirge. I would say that helping against most of the common sets of the top three is something to be proud. It also countering zacian-c and arceus normal is something it did in DLC1, but is still valuable here. I think that's what a B rank mon would be.
Also, smol boi is best boi.
having to switch out against almost all special attacks is quite exploitable, and being setup fodder for one of the top 3 is not exactly great either unless you have many other qualities to make up, like being a great knock absorber, huge passive healing, being able to switch in somewhat to the deadliest special attack in the game, and speed toxic, hazards and more. the number of pokemon that just trashes on it is just not acceptable for b+ and I believe it should stay in b-.

having to switch out against almost all special attacks is quite exploitable, and being setup fodder for one of the top 3 is not exactly great either unless you have many other qualities to make up, like being a great knock absorber, huge passive healing, being able to switch in somewhat to the deadliest special attack in the game, and speed toxic, hazards and more. the number of pokemon that just trashes on it is just not acceptable for b+ and I believe it should stay in b-.
I don't think it should be in B+, I think it should be in B. Dropping it was definetely fair, but B- I think is a bit too harsh. Being able to be decent to good against the top is quite good, and then on top of that being amazing against e-killer and zacian is quite good role compression. Again, B+ was definetely too high, but I think B is a fair place for it to go.

:pmd/Corviknight: -> B-
Been using this mon on a shitty "balanced" structure I built and I am genuinely surprised by how excellent it is defensively. ID + BP owns a lot of the higher tier offensive threats like Necrozma-DM, and Caly-Ice decently well, while also having a great MU vs the Spikes like Gliscor, Clodsire, etc and being able to safely Defog the Spikes away + win the long game with Pressure. Pressure is busted against Caly-Ice since you just PP stall their Glacial Lances until the mon is useless + really helps with Necrozma-DM on a predicted Photon Geyser / Sunsteel Strike (Heat Wave isn't real). Now, this mon mostly loses to Zacian, but you force a shitton of recoil onto that mon since Wild Charge + Helmet Recoil over two turns deals a ton of damage, allowing one of your other guys like Scarf Koraidon to safely revenge kill that mon. Performs solidly against non-Taunt Variants of Ekiller. Being one of the rare Pokemon with Defog is also invaluable this generation when defoggers are sparse. The main weakness of this Pokemon is Taunt and & Tera Ghost Pokemon (as well as Gothitelle), but I feel this level of exploitability is similar to other Pokemon currently ranked in B- like Clodsire, which faces similar issues and is still decent in spite of them.

:pmd/Garganacl: -> B-
Garganacl is one of the strongest Water-types the tier has ever seen. Completely shits on Ho-oh, which is otherwise annoying for balance builds to switch into (even Miraidon hates switching into this mon) & the ID + BP Combo gives this Pokemon similar strong utility as Corviknight in MUs against physical HO mons like Calyrax-I and Zacian. Purifying Salt gives this Pokemon great utility against Bulky arc forms as a wisp switch in, as well as Giratina-O, the aforementioned Ho-Oh, and Last Respects (though that's probably getting the axe soon). While Corv can struggle more against Taunt Users, I find Garg to be useful even in spite of Taunt due to Salt Cure, which lets you get free progress on a ton of mons that switch into it like Miraidon, Arceus-Forms, etc. Overall solid mon.

:pmd/Basculegion: -> A+

Last Respects ban has only made this Pokemon better, as now it can use the actual broken sets utilizing Tera Water Choice Band Wave Crash in rain. The conditions are easier to meet, as you merely need king Kyogre's Rain support, and it does not need a single turn of setup, nor a single ally fainted to begin dishing out the same amount of damage Last Respects Basculegion is dishing out at base.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Water Basculegion Wave Crash vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Fairy in Rain: 372-438 (84.3 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Adaptability Basculegion Last Respects vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 374-440 (84.8 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I am hoping the council will look into this Pokemon soon. As a player who does not run Koraidon (and will vote ban whenever it is sussed), I find it quite restricting.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!

Last Respects ban has only made this Pokemon better, as now it can use the actual broken sets utilizing Tera Water Choice Band Wave Crash in rain. The conditions are easier to meet, as you merely need king Kyogre's Rain support, and it does not need a single turn of setup, nor a single ally fainted to begin dishing out the same amount of damage Last Respects Basculegion is dishing out at base.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Water Basculegion Wave Crash vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Fairy in Rain: 372-438 (84.3 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Adaptability Basculegion Last Respects vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 374-440 (84.8 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I am hoping the council will look into this Pokemon soon. As a player who does not run Koraidon (and will vote ban whenever it is sussed), I find it quite restricting.
I second this. In fact, I would suggest even higher to S+ because this thing is even a bigger pain in the ass than both bikes put together

I second this. In fact, I would suggest even higher to S+ because this thing is even a bigger pain in the ass than both bikes put together
Nah, it’s not like last respects is legal in this tier, how can something shit like basculegion be S tier in Ubers? It’s an NU mon bruh.

I don't think basculegion is that good without last respect. Losing last respect made it weaker, as it always was able to do that, but didn't because it was not optimal. Koraidon is way to popular, choice band makes it inflexible and susceptible to set up, aka koraidon;. Tera water is a era commitment and it means you become weak to extreme speed. The recoil damage is huge, making it not have much longevity.

I don't think basculegion is that good without last respect. Losing last respect made it weaker, as it always was able to do that, but didn't because it was not optimal. Koraidon is way to popular, choice band makes it inflexible and susceptible to set up, aka koraidon;. Tera water is a era commitment and it means you become weak to extreme speed. The recoil damage is huge, making it not have much longevity.
Dude, what day is it today?

Some Proposed Post-Last Respects Ban Changes
:basculegion: -> UR
The obvious change. Without Last Respects, Basculegion-M is dead in the water, pun intended. See you in NU.

:arceus_dark: -> C-/D
Arceus-Dark was already very hard to run in the current Koraidon meta, and one of its biggest pros was being able to survive Last Respects. Now, with the exit of Last Respects from Ubers, Arceus-Dark's biggest niche is probably.... A setup sweeper that isn't stopped by Prankster Taunt from Grimmsnarl. Yeah, Darkceus is useless now.

:calyrex_ice: -> A
Calyrex-I is a snowballing monster. Previously, one of the few things that could reliable blow up/check it was Last Respects Basculegion. With Basculegion gone, Calyrex has lost one of its major offensive checks, and can now setup even more unprompted. Calyrex-I is a genuinely scary Mon, as it essentially functions as a more offensive :necrozma_dusk_mane:Necrozma-Dusk, without the versatility.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
:basculegion: -> UR
The obvious change. Without Last Respects, Basculegion-M is dead in the water, pun intended. See you in NU.

:arceus_dark: -> C-/D
Arceus-Dark was already very hard to run in the current Koraidon meta, and one of its biggest pros was being able to survive Last Respects. Now, with the exit of Last Respects from Ubers, Arceus-Dark's biggest niche is probably.... A setup sweeper that isn't stopped by Prankster Taunt from Grimmsnarl. Yeah, Darkceus is useless now.

Calyrex-I is a snowballing monster. Previously, one of the few things that could reliable blow up/check it was Last Respects Basculegion. With Basculegion gone, Calyrex has lost one of its major offensive checks, and can now setup even more unprompted. Calyrex-I is a genuinely scary Mon, as it essentially functions as a more offensive :necrozma_dusk_mane:Necrozma-Dusk, without the versatility.
Darkceus becomes a premiere set on stall now that you don't need to be Normal to stop a rampaging Basculegion. Yes Fairy is probably still more useful with the broken bikes unfortunately at large, but having STAB on Foul Play and beating 100% of viable NDM sets (the hardest Pokemon for most stall teams to face) is a big boon.

As someone who's laddered extensively with Caly-I during both suspects (and succeeded very well with it), no way it's that high. It definitely deserves higher than Kyurem-Black but it certainly doesn't deserve A.

It's mostly limited to hyper offense teams cause it's a huge tera hog. w/o it, it's not getting past NDM, at least not without immediately losing 90% of it's ability to sweep or do anything afterwards. Being a tera hog means that you really are not fitting it on balance or even bulky offense, as those really need their tera to stand a chance against super offensive teams.

It's not just NDM that makes it a huge tera hog, without Tera Fire, it's sweeps are getting immediately ended by any sort of defensive arceus with will-o-wisp, and Ho-oh. Running Lum or Rwast Berry helps, but means you only get one chance to pull off a sweep if rocks are up, and barely get a chance at all if tspikes are up.

Even post tera, it's seriously gonna struggle against Kyogre, Arceus Water, Whirlwind Ho-oh, and Tera Fire from Koraidon, Tera Steel from Ting-lu, and Tera Water from Gliscor. The crucial part about the last three pokes is that, unlike Tera Normal or Dark for Basculegion, they are actually good tera types beyond just Clay-I (hell, it's the standard on Koraidon) Not to mention that its sweep simply ends with Trick Room running out, meaning that the likes of Gliscor can just stall it out with protect.

A poke this restricted to hyper offense is usually not gonna make A. The only reason Basculegion made A- was because it was so gamebreakingly good on hyper offense. Caly-I isn't even close to that so it certainly doesn't deserve a higher rank than what Basculegion got.

Caly-I is still like, good and imo, is ranked too low, but putting it higher than what Basculegion used to be is far too much imo.

As for my own nominations, I'd imagine that with the banning of Last Respects, Ribombee drops at least a rank or two. Stick Web teams surely are still good but I'd imagine they lost a good amount of their power from no more Last Respects.

Last edited:

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
:basculegion: A- --> UR

farewell my sweet prince.

:arceus-water: A --> A-

I've tried Arc-Water before, never liked it. Giving Miraidon the freest switch-in it can get in the tier is most certainly not ideal, and this doesn't answer Koraidon on its own either, making it a bit inconsistent to fit. All Arceus forms also have the opportunity cost to run, and I would rather run Arc-Fairy or Arc-Ground over this. Not a bad choice by any means, but its propensity to both let Miraidon in as well as be done by hazards a bit too easily for my liking make me think this should drop.

I'm nominating deoxys-a onto A-/A, since it can threaten miradon and koraidon as it outspeed both of them. It can threaten to ohko many pokemon including gliscor unless it is heavily special defense invested, in which case it is weaker to physical hit and can't tank it as well. Deoxys attack can also 2hit ko ting lu if it is not physically invested. It threatens to ohko eternatus, as well as beating arceus one on one with tera, and if a arceus normal set up a sword dance this mon can come in and stop the sweep. It can heavily weaken necrozma duskmane and if necrozma tera, it becomes weak to deoxys. I only play this pokemon with sash, so I don't actually know how good the life orb set is. It also ohko chien pao and can be faster than zacian crowned if you want to ev it to. Despite the resist, deoxys still does a good chunck to zacian crown, preventing it from being a set up fodder. The main problem I have with deoxys attack is with ho oh, which admittedly is quite good at countering deoxys, however its teamate can help mitigate that issue. Take this paragraph with a grain of salt, as I'm not good at this game and can only consistently get to 1500

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)