SV Subzero Used Teal Mask Tournament - Round 8 [Double Three-Way Bracket Finals!]

Electabuzz.jpg

Illus. Hasuno for the TCG set Sword and Shield - Battle Styles

Welcome to round 8 of the SV SU Teal Mask Tournament! This round will have three-way finals for both brackets because of the number of signups at the beginning of the tour. I will be very interested to see the results of these sets to cap off the last stage of SV SU 2023.

The usage stats determining the tierlist are here. The tierlist has not changed since the last round. Any additional changes to the tier during this round will be ignored until the next round is posted.

Reach out to me or join the SU discord if you are interested in additional resources, including a custom server with builder, challenge, ladder, and roomtour support for SV SU The challenge code doubles as a list of unavailable Pokemon.

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard SV SU (Generation 9) tournament - here is a list of relevant/legal Pokemon in the tier.
  • Matches are to be played on PS! While I recognize that there is a custom server with support for SU and that some PS challenge replays are unavailable, this tournament was organized for play through Smogon.
  • All rounds will be a best of three, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Replays will be required for ALL rounds!
  • The tournament will have rounds lasting 1 week each

Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same Pokedex number on their team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
Winner's Bracket
Nikebeamz vs sleid vs BloodAce

Loser's Bracket:
missangelic vs AstilCodex vs Peachy07

/challenge gen9zu @@@ -Ampharos, -Arbok, -Banette, -Beartic, -Cacturne, -Camerupt, -Chimecho, -Combusken, -Dachsbun, -Ditto, -Dugtrio, -Dusknoir, -Flapple, -Frogadier, -Furret, -Gabite, -Glaceon, -Gogoat, -Golduck, -Hattrem, -Illumise, -Indeedee-F, -Klawf, -Kricketune, -Leafeon, -Leavanny, -Ludicolo, -Magcargo, -Misdreavus, -Noctowl, -Phione, -Quaxwell, -Rabsca, -Sawsbuck, -Scovillain, -Servine, -Sneasel, -Squawkabilly, -Stonjourner, -Swalot, -Thwackey, -Tinkatuff, -Trevenant, -Vespiquen, -Victreebel, -Vigoroth, -Volbeat, -Wugtrio

Use the challenge code when playing your game as to minimize bringing an illegal Pokemon. Bringing an illegal Pokemon can lead to an automatic game loss.

You have until 3:00PM GMT-8 January 1st 2024 to get your matches done and posted! Schedule early and schedule publicly. Replays are mandatory. I understand that this round may run longer than expected due to the time of year, the two three-way finals, and potential bracket resets. Please message me if you think you will need an extension! Tier shifts are very likely to change the tierlist, so prioritize getting your sets done sooner rather than later by scheduling ASAP!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)