Project SV OU - Victim of the Week (Week 48: Assault Vest Hisuian Samurott)

Zora489

I COULD BE BANNED!
Unless Samurott teras. At +2 it easily 2HKOs you, and you can't KO back with Aqua Step + Close Combat:

+2 252 Atk Mystic Water Sharpness Tera Water Samurott-Hisui Aqua Cutter vs. 232 HP / 184+ Def Quaquaval: 214-252 (57.9 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Quaquaval Aqua Step vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tera Water Samurott-Hisui: 60-72 (18.6 - 22.4%) -- possible 5HKO
0 Atk Quaquaval Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tera Water Samurott-Hisui: 181-214 (56.3 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Fr, I was gonna comment on not having roost tbh. But, no attack quaq is just kinda bad ngl...

Zora489

I COULD BE BANNED!
View attachment 546746

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Dark
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Even if hydreigon lost is moment of glory with the subplot set to counter garg, the specs set is still viable for checking ghosts, ground immunity and a very spammable stab after fairies are gone.

COUNTER

Since i am faster, the max damage output with a boosted razor shell on the switch is 51.3/ + a sucker punch, max 20% after i click my attacking move

252 Atk Mystic Water Sharpness Tera Water Samurott-Hisui Razor Shell vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 141-167 (43.3 - 51.3%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO + 252 Atk Tera Water Samurott-Hisui Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 54-65 (16.6 - 20%) -- possible 5HKO

SD on the switch + forced to sucker punch
+2 252 Atk Samurott-Hisui Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 110-129 (33.8 - 39.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Water Samurott-Hisui: 441-519 (137.3 - 161.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
my guy......
252 Atk Mystic Water Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Razor Shell vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 105-125 (32.3 - 38.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Mystic Water Sharpness Tera Water Samurott-Hisui Razor Shell vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 141-167 (43.3 - 51.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
No recovery=not a counter, put this as a check

Hey, about giving feedback to other people's sets...

I honestly don't mind at all. Hosts can and will discard sets or move them from checks to counters as they seem fit. We can however overlook some stuff, and everyone else is welcome to provide respectful feedback. If you believe someone is just pointing out smol stuff for the sake of being annoying then feel free to shoot us a message or report them.

This project, along with Lure That Threat, can be super difficult to handle this generation since there are no 100% true checks, counters, lures, thanks to tera, but both hosts and participants are all trying our best here. Feedback like cutting slashes in teras and most moves has been heard and implemented, please let us know if we can improve in any way. If you want to count Stealth Rock or Spikes damage, a Swords Dance Pokemon being at +6, tera granting free turns, or anything else then you can add it to your submission and the rest of us can and will give our input here and there.

Ty to all of you for participating! c:

Zora489

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hey, about giving feedback to other people's sets...

I honestly don't mind at all. Hosts can and will discard sets or move them from checks to counters as they seem fit. We can however overlook some stuff, and everyone else is welcome to provide respectful feedback. If you believe someone is just pointing out smol stuff for the sake of being annoying then feel free to shoot us a message or report them.

This project, along with Lure That Threat, can be super difficult to handle this generation since there are no 100% true checks, counters, lures, thanks to tera, but both hosts and participants are all trying our best here. Feedback like cutting slashes in teras and most moves has been heard and implemented, please let us know if we can improve in any way. If you want to count Stealth Rock or Spikes damage, a Swords Dance Pokemon being at +6, tera granting free turns, or anything else then you can add it to your submission and the rest of us can and will give our input here and there.

Ty to all of you for participating! c:
I mean, stealth rock/spike damage on your check/counter should be counted as they're so prevalent if it matters. Calcs against SD mons should account for both switching in on its attacks, and forcing the mon out at +2. Things like tera iirc are already counted within ourselves, as I believe the quote was..."If they make the correct plays they can break through" or something similar. And as for the slashes in tera/movesets you guys already have that covered well, and these counter sets should be able to beat both versions of the specific pokemon. Also, if a mon is always used behind screens, it should probably be mentioned in the set breakdown so we can account for it. Btw, just responding because it seems nobody else did and either this isn't a question and my ass didn't pick up on it, or I'm just the only mf to respond lol.

Thank you to everyone who participated this week. Listing Mudsdale under checks since it can just drop to +2 Razor Shell even through tera. Please vote for up to 1 check and 1 counter

Checks
Bulky :Zapdos: Lectrys
:Meowscarada: by Mugenman88
Choice Band Tera Blast Grass :Samurott-Hisui: by chartung17
Tera Fighting Aguav Berry :Mudsdale: by ImaginaryNeon

Counters
:Chesnaught: by Zora489
:Wo-Chien: by zannty
PhysDef Body Press :Dondozo: by InvisibleWater
Choice Specs :Hydreigon: by Napoli Burns

Voting ends on Wednesday September 6th at 23:59 EST

We are back with out first DLC Victim... Swords Dance Ogerpon-Wellspring!

:sv/ogerpon-wellspring:
Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Power Whip
- Ivy Cudgel

- Knock Off

Following the steps of Ogerpon-Hearthflame, Ogerpon-Wellspring is a powerful breaker thanks to its combination of high Speed, strong base power STAB moves, and Swords Dance. Knock Off rounds out its coverage, allowing Ogerpon-W to hit Gholdengo and Dragapult for super effective damage. Being one of the High Viability Pokemon in this meta, and being present in some of the most popular ladder teams such as Exotic's Ogerpon-W HO, it is necessary to fit a check or counter to it. What Pokemon are able to fulfill such task?

Submissions end on Friday September 29th at 23:59 EST
Remember to specify if your submission is a check or a counter

Last edited:
Check

:SV/Roaring Moon:
Roaring Moon @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Scale Shot
- Iron Head
- Dragon Dance

Make Ogerpon rue the day she left Play Rough at home. Resist all of her current set's moves, outspeed, and 2HKO.

252 Atk Roaring Moon Scale Shot (4 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 204-240 (67.7 - 79.7%) -- approx. 2HKO
252 Atk Roaring Moon Scale Shot (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 102-120 (33.8 - 39.8%) -- approx. 3HKO
252 Atk Roaring Moon Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 129-153 (42.8 - 50.8%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Power Whip vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Roaring Moon: 222-261 (63.2 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Ivy Cudgel vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Roaring Moon on a critical hit: 277-327 (78.9 - 93.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Zora489

I COULD BE BANNED!
We are back with out first DLC Victim... Swords Dance Ogerpon-Wellspring!

:sv/ogerpon-wellspring:
Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Power Whip
- Ivy Cudgel

- Knock Off

Following the steps of Ogerpon-Hearthflame, Ogerpon-Wellspring is a powerful breaker thanks to its combination of high Speed, strong base power STAB moves, and Swords Dance. Knock Off rounds out its coverage, allowing Ogerpon-W to hit Gholdengo and Dragapult for super effective damage. Being one of the High Viability Pokemon in this meta, and being present in some of the most popular ladder teams such as Exotic's Ogerpon-W HO, it is necessary to fit a check or counter to it. What Pokemon are able to fulfill such task?

Submissions end on Friday September 29th at 23:59 EST
Remember to specify if your submission is a check or a counter
And...we're back! Chesnaught shits on yet another meta threat!

Normal set :
Chesnaught @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Bulletproof
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Synthesis
- Spikes

Calcs :
+2 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Tera Water Ogerpon-Wellspring-Tera Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 139-164 (36.5 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Tera Water Ogerpon-Wellspring-Tera Ivy Cudgel vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 155-183 (40.7 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Tera Water Ogerpon-Wellspring-Tera Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 75-89 (19.7 - 23.4%) -- possible 5HKO

252+ Def Chesnaught Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Water Ogerpon-Wellspring-Tera: 160-189 (53.1 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Need I say more? This mon is incredibly easy to wall, just don't let it get to +69420 or some shit and you get free spikes, free damage, and wall it indefinitely. (Btw, watch out for crits. Cudgel has an increased chance so try to kill it quickly if it sets up.)

Last edited:
Is the Knock off set optimal over running play Rough? Utility aside, it seems Play Rough is necessary to brute force a through many would be checks

Speaking of checks

Bulky Dragon Dance
Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Noots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake
- Roost

+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 170-200 (56.4 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

2hko Ogerpon-Wellspring after 1 DD.

+2 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 125-148 (34.8 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Multiscale allows it to tank one +2 knock off (after which, Knock off gets much weaker without HDB). Meanwhile, Dragonite can use Roost to recover any lost HP as it keeps setting up on it. If Ogerpon decides to tera, Dragonite itself can respond with Tera Normal Espeed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)