Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

Sorry for reposting what I said in the actual usage stat thread, but you guys talked about kokoloko tiering so much that you ended up speaking the kind of drops that made kokoloko do that into existence

The actual rises and drops from OU (wrt mons who were here for DLC1) are not surprising, all of the staples on meow fat teams have pretty much risen, while things like Garg and Moth have kinda fallen off. In all honesty I'm not surprised Pex is still here as I've seen it on many of the aforementioned teams. Lando on the other hand I have no clue about. Also it's surprising Wellspring didn't get kicked down to UU with how bad the new additions have been for it.

Sorry for reposting what I said in the actual usage stat thread, but you guys talked about kokoloko tiering so much that you ended up speaking the kind of drops that made kokoloko do that into existence

The actual rises and drops from OU (wrt mons who were here for DLC1) are not surprising, all of the staples on meow fat teams have pretty much risen, while things like Garg and Moth have kinda fallen off. In all honesty I'm not surprised Pex is still here as I've seen it on many of the aforementioned teams. Lando on the other hand I have no clue about. Also it's surprising Wellspring didn't get kicked down to UU with how bad the new additions have been for it.
I'm more suprised that cornerstone fell to UU, it's been better than wellspring in this new meta and thus probably should have stayed OU.

https://pokepast.es/8612367cb28a49ed
When dinosaur spam couldn’t get anymore braindead. Moon and gouging fire cover for each other really well, with them usually blowing enough of a hole so the other can shit on the rest of the team. Lando t was there because free eq switchin yay. Also slams the living shit out of corv and dozo. The rest is just classic Dino spam. God I love pressing a button and winning

I am surprised that primarina made it to ou.
What niche does she have?

I am glad that weavile finaly made it back to OU.

It is dissapointing that blaziken dropped.

I hope the smogon devs will remember to drop meowstic-f soon.
This has to be a mistake.

:avalugg hisui:
Avalugg-Hisui @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Strong Jaw
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Ice Fang
- Body Press​

Posted a full analysis of H-Lugg a while back here but it's even better now as it can turn the Iron Boulder matchup on its head while being self-sustaining + having the ability to clear hazards. One of the most underlooked physically bulky spinners right now.

+2 252 Atk Quark Drive Iron Boulder Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tera Fighting Avalugg-Hisui: 148-175 (37.6 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 Atk Quark Drive Tera Fighting Iron Boulder Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tera Fighting Avalugg-Hisui: 222-262 (56.4 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Def Tera Fighting Avalugg-Hisui Body Press vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Iron Boulder: 337-397 (104.9 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Def Tera Fighting Avalugg-Hisui Body Press vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Tera Fighting Iron Boulder: 337-397 (104.9 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Ice Fang is better than Mountain Gale due to Strong Jaw + better accuracy and a situational freeze chance, while Body Press is self-explanatory. I said it before so I'll say it again, don't sleep on Hisuilugg

I am surprised that primarina made it to ou.
What niche does she have?

I am glad that weavile finaly made it back to OU.

It is dissapointing that blaziken dropped.

I mainly use primarina as a specs user and it helps to break bulkier teams and stall that doesn't run :Blissey:. It helps my team not auto lose to mons like :Archaludon: or :Gliscor:. Not much in the tier likes to switch into specs boosted Surfs/ Moonblasts apart from :Toxapex: or :Amoonguss:. It serves as a good anti lead into :Samurott Hisui:.

I am yet to see deoxys speed do anything useful but there's still so much support for a ban. Stealth Rock into die 99% of games can be replicated by choice scarf geodude...
I'm told life orb sets are apparently scary but they seem strictly worse than dragapult to me.

Manaphy and ogrepon-W are great examples of why we need to occasionally retest ubers. We regularly ban pokemon for metagame position rather than power level these days and we need to acknowledge that.

:iron boulder: is a great setup sweeper that still has immediate power
Ehhhhh
I mean it’s not the worst on that front but it’s only a bit stronger than Scarfrai

252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 135-160 (39.5 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Iron Boulder Mighty Cleave vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 147-174 (43.1 - 51%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO

If anything, I’d argue its lack of super immediate power is one of the things that holds Boulder back from being broken. If it had 10 more base attack, I dunno if the tier could handle it well, but there’s a lot of things it can’t OHKO at +2 without some kind of super effective Tera Blast.

what do you mean, meowstic-f is an ou staple. she does things such as:
  • be outclassed as a defog punisher by gholdengo, serperior, and enamorus
  • be outclassed as a psychic-type utility mon by deo-s, deo-d, cresselia, azelf, uxie, mesprit, both indeedees, and her own alternate form
  • be outclassed as a psychic-type special attacker by any psychic-type with a real special attack stat
  • be outclassed as a cat by meowscarada
  • seriously, i can't talk up this mon even as a bit, she has zero niche here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 17, Guests: 37)