Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

i don't think it even needs better speed, all it needs is some good abilities. the three it has now aren't especially helpful—steadfast and justified require lucario to eat a hit, which you don't like doing with 70/70/70 defenses, and inner focus is basically a worse covert cloak with an added immunity to an ability that isn't ubiquitous in singles anymore. if it got something like technician to boost bullet punch/vacuum wave or magic guard to fire off spammable life orb steel beams, i could see it being viable even with its current stat spread
justified is a good ability that is useless on a special attacker (see also: Keldeo)

If sleep gets banned(its been briefly discussed in the views of council thread so far, and i feel this post wouldn’t be allowed), the competitive career of amoonguss is officially over

and thus the marks the end of imposter shrooms days, handing his miniscule legacy onto hyrdapple before fading into the night sky

except no lol, UU and RU won’t be passing up a bulky regen pokemon

If sleep gets banned(its been briefly discussed in the views of council thread so far, and i feel this post wouldn’t be allowed), the competitive career of amoonguss is officially over

and thus the marks the end of imposter shrooms days, handing his miniscule legacy onto hyrdapple before fading into the night sky

if sleep is banned this really is just gen 5 2 lmao holy shit

i don't think it even needs better speed, all it needs is some good abilities. the three it has now aren't especially helpful—steadfast and justified require lucario to eat a hit, which you don't like doing with 70/70/70 defenses, and inner focus is basically a worse covert cloak with an added immunity to an ability that isn't ubiquitous in singles anymore. if it got something like technician to boost bullet punch/vacuum wave or magic guard to fire off spammable life orb steel beams, i could see it being viable even with its current stat spread
Justified is at least understandable due to Lucario resisting Dark-type moves (but is completely useless when wielding Special Lucario builds), but really, having both Steadfast and Inner Focus kind of sucks since Inner Focus is always preferable to Steadfast.

if sleep is banned this really is just gen 5 2 lmao holy shit
Would sleep ban include moves like Dire Claw?

Still a great Mon in OU without Spore due to knock absorbing, great type, regen, toxic and stun spore, perfect stats for its role, and useful offensive moves, the idea that Amoonguss is nothing without Spore is just not true

It appears they'd be singling out moves that directly inflict sleep, like Spore, Sleep Powder, Hypnosis and Dark Void.
Well at least they aren’t Meloette-P then.
I wouldn’t think attacking moves with chance to sleep change that much. Sneasler obviously biggest change but now more than just 3 Pokemon check it defensively due to Dire Claw. You can check it now with Lando as well as various Poison or Ghost types. It’d still be top tier choice for HO because it has 130 Atk Sword Dance Dual STAB 120 BP moves with 120 Speed that’s outrun by just Barraskewda and Scarf Regieleki and then resists the 2 most common priority moves in the tier too while also being +1 in Def.
But besides Sneasler being unbanned and potentially staying, not much else would change. Not like people use Relic Song for Meloetta-P and other attacking moves that can cause sleep require way too specific of conditions to pull off.

Well at least they aren’t Meloette-P then.
I wouldn’t think attacking moves with chance to sleep change that much. Sneasler obviously biggest change but now more than just 3 Pokemon check it defensively due to Dire Claw. You can check it now with Lando as well as various Poison or Ghost types. It’d still be top tier choice for HO because it has 130 Atk Sword Dance Dual STAB 120 BP moves with 120 Speed that’s outrun by just Barraskewda and Scarf Regieleki and then resists the 2 most common priority moves in the tier too while also being +1 in Def.
But besides Sneasler being unbanned and potentially staying, not much else would change. Not like people use Relic Song for Meloetta-P and other attacking moves that can cause sleep require way too specific of conditions to pull off.
Dude Sneasler is not being unbanned. Dire Claw has nothing to do with why it was banned, acting like it was is incredibly disingenuous

Dude Sneasler is not being unbanned. Dire Claw has nothing to do with why it was banned, acting like it was is incredibly disingenuous
I was a massive supporter of Sneasler ban for several and I would say that Dire Claw is a huge part of what made Sneasler stupidly uncompetitive. I don't doubt it wouldn't be still a problem and eventually rebanned, but I would definitely see it being unbanned because of it.
The main thing about Dire Claw was that you need to be a Steel type of have some status blocking like already being statused or having an ability. And with Sneasler having Close Combat with STAB and Sword Dance that basically left you with Gliscor, Gholdengo, and Garganacl after it Teras. Without Dire Claw, it does open up Pokemon like Landorus-T, Great Tusk, and Dondozo into properly checking it defensively. That would be the main justification and then we'd have to see what happens next.

I was a massive supporter of Sneasler ban for several and I would say that Dire Claw is a huge part of what made Sneasler stupidly uncompetitive. I don't doubt it wouldn't be still a problem and eventually rebanned, but I would definitely see it being unbanned because of it.
The main thing about Dire Claw was that you need to be a Steel type of have some status blocking like already being statused or having an ability. And with Sneasler having Close Combat with STAB and Sword Dance that basically left you with Gliscor, Gholdengo, and Garganacl after it Teras. Without Dire Claw, it does open up Pokemon like Landorus-T, Great Tusk, and Dondozo into properly checking it defensively. That would be the main justification and then we'd have to see what happens next.
They really were smoking moon rocks when they came up with the move Dire Claw, still I saw just as many Gunk Shot sets on high ladder for the extra damage, Mega-Hawlucha on steroids was definitely unhealthy

The only honorable Sneasler set was poison touch scarf Jolly to OHKO Iron Valiant with Dire Claw

Would sleep ban include moves like Dire Claw?
i don't think they would bother including it. sneasler is banned and will likely never be ou in a gen with any viable terrain setter, and the only other mon that can use it is smeargle, which would become a complete non-entity without spore

i don't think they would bother including it. sneasler is banned and will likely never be ou in a gen with any viable terrain setter, and the only other mon that can use it is smeargle, which would become a complete non-entity without spore
Just you wait for the smeargle users to fit dire claw onto the set and then complain when they don't get a sleep proc and say it was bullshit to ban sleep solely because they didn't get the proc and they don't care about the actual sleep ban.
It would be funny if smeargle was the one mon that could use sleep, that would be pretty funny and make it more viable.

i just know this one is going to be reposted in gen 13 when as one (electric surge + huge power) is released and sneasler is NUBL

Alcremie (Alcremie-Rainbow-Swirl) @ Heavy-Duty Boots/Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Tera Type: Fairy/Steel/Ground/Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Acid Armor
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss/Tera Blast
- Stored Power

Just a Alcremie set for PU that I cooked up in 5 minutes, with Aroma Veil to stop Encore and Taunt, the two main ways of preventing sweep of this thing set up, I know Mold Breaker exists, but who the fuck is using Mold Breaker Taunt Basculin? Oh yeah, and nothing understands the term "safe switch-in" after an Acid Armor and a Calm Mind besides Registeel (which needs to be banned btw), and Bronzong (which qua resists Stored Power and normal resists the very funny Draining Kiss). Tera Blast and Leftovers for Tera Ground/Fire, with HDB an Draining Kiss for every other Tera Type. And don't waste your time on Sweet Veil. Only stops I have found are Wo-Chien and Bronzong when running Tera Blast Ground, Bronzong when your not running Tera Blast Fire, Registeel with Tera Fairy/Steel sets, though it has a hord time threatening you when your Tera Steel'd, and Probopass if you aren't running Tera Blast Ground.

Alcremie (Alcremie-Rainbow-Swirl) @ Heavy-Duty Boots/Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Tera Type: Fairy/Steel/Ground/Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Acid Armor
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss/Tera Blast
- Stored Power

Just a Alcremie set for PU that I cooked up in 5 minutes, with Aroma Veil to stop Encore and Taunt, the two main ways of preventing sweep of this thing set up, I know Mold Breaker exists, but who the fuck is using Mold Breaker Taunt Basculin? Oh yeah, and nothing understands the term "safe switch-in" after an Acid Armor and a Calm Mind besides Registeel (which needs to be banned btw), and Bronzong (which qua resists Stored Power and normal resists the very funny Draining Kiss). Tera Blast and Leftovers for Tera Ground/Fire, with HDB an Draining Kiss for every other Tera Type. And don't waste your time on Sweet Veil. Only stops I have found are Wo-Chien and Bronzong when running Tera Blast Ground, Bronzong when your not running Tera Blast Fire, Registeel with Tera Fairy/Steel sets, though it has a hord time threatening you when your Tera Steel'd, and Probopass if you aren't running Tera Blast Ground.
Sir, this is the OU metagame discussion...

Lucario
View attachment 589986
Type: View attachment 589996/View attachment 589998
-----------------
Tera Type:
View attachment 589999

"Lucario can study auras to predict the movements of its opponents and track their quarry. With sufficient training, a Lucario can read auras to understand how living beings are feeling from more than half a mile (1 kilometer) away."
- Bulbapedia

"252 Atk Protean Meowscarada Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 117-138 (41.6 - 49.1%) -- approx. 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Tera Fairy Lucario: 194-229 (69 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO"

- Morkal

Base Stat Total
:lucario: Lucario Opinion
Lucario's stat spread is markedly better than the Pokemon I usually work with, so that's not where the difficulties in using Lucario showed up. Both its Attack and Special Attack are great and, thanks to Fighting/Steel typing's slew of resistances, 70/70/70 bulk is workable with only slight adjustments. Its base speed can sometimes be a bit frustrating, but it hits some critically important benchmarks. Despite its flaws, Lucario is a great Pokemon in OU that is woefully underutilized and has been for several generations.
BASE STATSSTATS AT LV. 100
HP
250 - 344
Attack
202 - 350
Defense
130 - 262
Sp. Atk
211 - 361
Sp. Def
130 - 262
Speed
166 - 306

Introduction - Lucario's meteoric rise to fame as a fan-favorite Pokemon has not been felt for generations in OU, where its relevance has continued to dwindle. Thankfully SV OU is a metagame where Tera has allowed almost every Pokemon to have a potential OU niche (*cough*:minior:), and Lucario is no exception. Thanks to its great offensive and defensive typing, wide movepool, solid offensive stats, and the unique offensive role compression that only Lucario has. Special thanks to 1LDK for helping me with the Lucario set, his item change suggestion along with one of the movepool slash-ins helped bring the final set together in a great way.

View attachment 590036
Lucario OU TL;DR
This section contains a quick "too long, didn't read" portion summarizing Lucario's positive traits in the tier. What is listed here is explained in full throughout the essay.

:lucario:
Lucario is a strong anti-meta breaker with a potent offensive typing and movepool that allows it to handle a unique combination of threats that no other Pokemon can. Lucario's potent offensive role compression, unique tools, and newfound access to Tera allow it to threaten troublesome OU threats such as Archaludon, Darkrai, Excadrill, Gholdengo, Glimmora, Great Tusk, Hatterene, Heatran, Iron Boulder, Iron Crown, Iron Valiant, Kingambit, Kyurem, Meowscarada, Samurott-Hisui, Skarmory, Weavile, and Zamazenta.
Lucario's got great mixed offensive stats, allowing it to perform a wide variety of roles and handle different combinations of threats. Additionally, Lucario's bulk and speed, while both underwhelming, still reach critical benchmarks - such as surviving Choice Specs Kyurem's Earth Power when tera'd, or outspeeding Pokemon like Great Tusk, Rillaboom, Samurott-H, Archaludon, Dragonite, Gholdengo, and Glimmora.
Lucario's movepool is vast, with multiple boosting options in Agility, Bulk Up, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, and Swords Dance. Lucario has fantastic physical and special STAB options in Aura Sphere, Bullet Punch, Close Combat, Drain Punch, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, High Jump Kick, Low Kick, Meteor Mash, Steel Beam, and Vacuum Wave.
Lucario's coverage movepool contains multiple powerful options such as Crunch, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Earthquake, Extreme Speed, Ice Punch, Poison Jab, Psychic, Rock Slide, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, Tera Blast, Thunder Punch, and Zen Headbutt.
Lucario can utilize multiple Tera-types for a variety of different purposes both offensive and defensive; with notable Tera-types being Fairy, Ground, Flying, Steel, and Ghost-type.
Lucario has a surprising amount of utility options for the tier such as Circle Throw and Roar for phasing or more offensive utility such as Trailblaze for breaking sashes while boosting speed.
Lucario has three great abilities - Inner Focus allows Lucario immunity to being flinched and Intimidated, Steadfast gives Lucario a situational +1 speed boost when flinched, and Justified gives Lucario +1 attack when hit by the tier's common Dark-type moves.

View attachment 590040
Nasty Plot Wise Glasses Breaker
(Bolded options are my preferred option picks)
View attachment 590039
Lucario @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Inner Focus
Tera Type: Fairy/Flying/Ghost/Ground/Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic/Steel Beam/Tera Blast

Lucario's purpose is to muscle past common threats with his unique set of tools, workable speed, and threatening power. First, we'll talk about the specific benchmarks that Lucario hits with its EVs + its item choice, then we're going to go over each of Lucario's main moveset choices. Afterward, we'll finish off the essay by taking a look at Lucario's surprising defensive utility.

View attachment 590068 View attachment 590040
Nasty Plot + Speed Tier + Wise Glasses

Lucario's Speed with a Timid nature and 244 EVs gives Lucario 304 speed, allowing him to outspeed potent threats like 252 Jolly Excadrill (302), 252 Jolly Great Tusk (300), 252 Neutral Mew/Zapdos (299), 252 Timid Rotom-Wash/Glimmora (298), 252 Neutral Iron Crown & 252 +Nature Ceruledge/Kommo-o/Quaquaval/Hamurott (295), 252 Timid Gholdengo (293), and 252 Modest Kyurem (289) along with countless other slower threats. While base 90 speed isn't blazing any trails, it still is higher than a significant portion of the OU tier. Wise Glasses is an item that boosts up the Special Attack of its holder by 1.1x, which boosts up Lucario's ability to break through potent threats with its stupendous neutral coverage. Nasty Plot is the crux of this set, allowing Lucario to leverage its solid 115 base special attack to reach a whopping 658 - decimating anything that doesn't resist Lucario's powerful attacks, with resistances not being enough in many cases.

Moveset Analysis
View attachment 590099
View attachment 589996
Aura Sphere

Lucario gets access to STAB Aura Sphere, a base 80 Power 32PP special Fighting-type move that cannot miss - this move allows Lucario to break through the slew of Dark, Ice, and Steel-type Pokemon permeating the OU meta (along with Normal and Rock-type Pokemon). Let's take a look at some calculations to see exactly what Aura Sphere can do both without and with a +2 Nasty Plot boost.

Aura Sphere
(Super Effective Calculations)
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Archaludon: 264-312 (68.9 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Archaludon: 524-618 (136.8 - 161.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Darkrai: 288-342 (102.4 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Excadrill: 372-440 (103 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 252-296 (78 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 212+ SpD Heatran: 188-224 (48.7 - 58%) -- 61.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 500-590 (154.7 - 182.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 212+ SpD Heatran: 374-444 (96.8 - 115%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 612-720 (153 - 180%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kyurem: 288-342 (73.6 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kyurem: 576-678 (147.3 - 173.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Meowscarada: 354-416 (120.8 - 141.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Roaring Moon: 260-308 (74 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Roaring Moon: 522-614 (148.7 - 174.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Samurott-Hisui: 372-440 (115.8 - 137%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 330-390 (64.2 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Torkoal: 178-210 (51.8 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Torkoal: 354-417 (103.2 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Weavile: 604-712 (214.9 - 253.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Aura Sphere
(Neutral Calculations)
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Cinderace: 333-393 (110.6 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Cinderace: 334-394 (93.5 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Corviknight: 298-352 (74.6 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Glimmora: 313-370 (101.9 - 120.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gouging Fire: 280-331 (79.7 - 94.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 438-516 (118 - 139%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ogerpon-Wellspring: 271-321 (90 - 106.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Raging Bolt: 291-343 (71.4 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rillaboom: 354-417 (103.8 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 276-325 (94.8 - 111.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 354-417 (105.9 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Walking Wake: 307-363 (89.7 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Zamazenta: 234-276 (72 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zamazenta: 234-276 (60.3 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Aura Sphere alone breaks through a huge portion of the OU tier with one boost or even neutrally in some cases, while synergizing especially well with Shadow Ball for near-perfect neutral coverage along with STAB Steel Beam to wreak unadulterated havoc on anything that isn't resisted (and sometimes even resisted hits). Speaking of which~

View attachment 589998
Steel Beam

Lucario has access to the utterly terrifying STAB move Steel Beam, a base 140 power 95% accurate special Steel-type attack with the unfortunate side effect of Lucario losing 50% of its max HP. While this may seem costly, this move can become an effective wincon for you as it simply muscles past a huge portion of potential checks, including resisted hits. At +2, almost nothing in the meta can survive beyond Unaware mons and very specific resists. First, let's go over unboosted hits.

Steel Beam
(Super Effective Calculations)
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 504-594 (127.9 - 150.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Enamorus: 554-654 (191.6 - 226.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Enamorus-Therian: 462-546 (131.6 - 155.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Glimmora: 548-648 (178.5 - 211%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hatterene: 450-530 (141.5 - 166.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Iron Boulder: 432-510 (134.5 - 158.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kyurem: 504-594 (128.9 - 151.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Iron Valiant: 696-822 (240 - 283.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Steel Beam
(Neutral + Resisted Calculations)
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Clodsire: 166-196 (35.8 - 42.3%) -- 92.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Darkrai: 252-297 (89.6 - 105.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Deoxys-Defense: 153-181 (50.3 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Deoxys-Speed: 252-297 (104.5 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Dondozo: 162-192 (32.1 - 38%) -- 96% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 292-345 (92.1 - 108.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 244 HP / 12 SpD Gliscor: 288-340 (81.8 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 382-451 (102.9 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 382-451 (88 - 103.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus-Therian: 309-364 (96.8 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 279-328 (73 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Meowscarada: 307-363 (104.7 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper: 153-180 (47.3 - 55.7%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Primarina: 204-240 (67.7 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rillaboom: 309-364 (90.6 - 106.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Roaring Moon: 229-270 (65.2 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Samurott-Hisui: 162-192 (50.4 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 241-285 (82.8 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 154-182 (46.1 - 54.4%) -- 57.4% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking-Galar: 156-184 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Torkoal: 154-182 (44.8 - 53%) -- 29.7% chance to 2HKO

Now let's turn it up a notch and look at how common threats stack up against a +2 Steel Beam. Pokemon that could deal with a neutral Steel Beam crumble under the explosive offensive pressure that this boosted move exerts.

Steel Beam
(Literally most of OU vs +2 Calculations - Super Effective, Neutral, Resisted)
Resisted

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Archaludon: 228-269 (59.5 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Cinderace: 291-342 (96.6 - 113.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Cinderace: 292-344 (81.7 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Corviknight: 261-308 (65.4 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Excadrill: 325-383 (90 - 106%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gouging Fire: 245-288 (69.8 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 248-292 (78.7 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gholdengo: 249-294 (65.8 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Iron Crown: 216-254 (65.6 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 264-311 (66 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ogerpon-Wellspring: 237-279 (78.7 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper: 306-360 (94.7 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Raging Bolt: 254-299 (62.4 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Samurott-Hisui: 325-383 (101.2 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 309-363 (92.5 - 108.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Torkoal: 309-363 (90 - 105.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Toxapex: 162-191 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 220-259 (70.7 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 221-261 (59 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Walking Wake: 269-317 (78.6 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Neutral

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Darkrai: 501-591 (178.2 - 210.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Deoxys-Defense: 306-360 (100.6 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 585-688 (184.5 - 217%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 230-271 (71.2 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 555-654 (145.2 - 171.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rillaboom: 618-727 (181.2 - 213.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Roaring Moon: 456-537 (129.9 - 152.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 481-567 (165.2 - 194.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking-Galar: 312-367 (79.1 - 93.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 288-339 (56 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zamazenta: 408-481 (105.1 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

To give you an idea of how ludicrous this move's power is at +2 - out of all the Pokemon in OU, only the following four Pokemon can avoid a 2HKO from +2 Steel Beam without resorting to gimmicky EV distribution, resisted or not - Unaware Clodsire, Unaware Dondozo, Heatran, and Toxapex's Assault Vest Set. This means that 40 out of 44 OU Pokemon can potentially be 2HKO'd by +2 Steel Beam.

View attachment 590087
Shadow Ball + Final Move Tally

Shadow Ball rounds out this set's coverage and additionally allows Lucario to threaten Pokemon such as Gholdengo and Glowking, in addition to its Special Defense drop chance sometimes allowing it to muscle past threats it otherwise wouldn't be able to such as Dondozo. Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball have near perfect coverage together, with Steel Beam tying the two of them together quite nicely.
252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 224-264 (70.6 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 446-526 (140.6 - 165.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 192-226 (60.9 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 380-448 (120.6 - 142.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gholdengo: 192-226 (50.7 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gholdengo: 382-450 (101 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hatterene: 172-204 (54 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hatterene: 342-404 (107.5 - 127%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Iron Boulder: 166-196 (51.7 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Iron Boulder: 328-388 (102.1 - 120.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Shadow Ball vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Iron Crown: 166-196 (50.4 - 59.5%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Shadow Ball vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Iron Crown: 330-390 (100.3 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Skeledirge: 154-182 (37.4 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Wise Glasses Lucario Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking-Galar: 238-280 (60.4 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Final Tally Score
% of OU OHKO'd at +2
:lucario: (Aura Sphere + Shadow Ball + Steel Beam)​
32 of 44 OU Pokemon - Approximately 72% of OU

Lucario at +2 SpA has the potential to OHKO three-quarters of the entire OU metagame with Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, and Steel Beam, with the OHKO amount for +0 hits not being too far behind given the ubiquity of what Lucario hits super effectively. This is where Lucario's main niche comes in, it blows holes into your opponent's cores in a way that no other Pokemon can both with and without a Nasty Plot boost. It can also run an equivalent set physically, albeit without the insane instant melt button that is STAB Steel Beam.

View attachment 589999
Defensive Utility
View attachment 590098
Thanks to Lucario's newfound access to Tera alongside its naturally fantastic defensive Steel/Fighting-type, Lucario has plenty of opportunities to come in or to stay in despite its comparatively lacking 70/70/70 bulk. Lucario has a handy immunity to Poison, along with critical resistance to Dark, Dragon, Rock, Bug, Normal, Steel, Grass, and Ice-type attacks. It additionally is one of the few Fighting-type Pokemon with neutrality to both Fairy and Flying-type attacks. Lucario's Steel/Fighting type combination does give it three nasty weaknesses to Fighting/Fire/Ground-type attacks, but this is also remedied via Tera Fairy - which grants Lucario a new Dragon-type immunity, a new Fighting-type resistance, and two new neutralities in Fire and Ground-type attacks. Let's take a look at some surprising hits that Lucario can live through.

Steel/Fighting
Super Effective Hits

0 Def Archaludon Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 194-230 (69 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Def Corviknight Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 222-262 (79 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Def Dondozo Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 236-278 (83.9 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 186-220 (66.1 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
160+ Def Skarmory Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 256-302 (91.1 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Neutral Hits

252+ SpA Archaludon Electro Shot vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 199-235 (70.8 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Enamorus Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 211-249 (75 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 177-208 (62.9 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 195-229 (69.3 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Iron Valiant Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 111-131 (39.5 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Pelipper Surf vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario in Rain: 184-217 (65.4 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Pelipper Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 150-177 (53.3 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Raging Bolt Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 222-262 (79 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Raging Bolt Thunderclap vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 172-204 (61.2 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Protosynthesis Roaring Moon Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 220-259 (78.2 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Razor Shell vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 216-255 (76.8 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

8 SpA Skeledirge Hex (65 BP) vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 102-120 (36.2 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Slowking-Galar Future Sight vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 186-219 (66.1 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Resisted Hits

252+ SpA Archaludon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 149-176 (53 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Archaludon Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 92-108 (32.7 - 38.4%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 116-136 (41.2 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 98-116 (34.8 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 131-155 (46.6 - 55.1%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Glimmora Power Gem vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 43-51 (15.3 - 18.1%) -- possible 6HKO

252 Atk Iron Boulder Mighty Cleave vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 49-58 (17.4 - 20.6%) -- possible 5HKO
+2 252 Atk Quark Drive Iron Boulder Mighty Cleave vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 127-150 (45.1 - 53.3%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Kingambit Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 99-117 (35.2 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 148-174 (52.6 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 105-124 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 156-185 (55.5 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 87-102 (30.9 - 36.2%) -- 62% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 129-153 (45.9 - 54.4%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 113-133 (40.2 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 145-171 (51.6 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 210-247 (74.7 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Meowscarada Flower Trick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario on a critical hit: 102-121 (36.2 - 43%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Meowscarada Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 94-111 (33.4 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Protean Meowscarada Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 117-138 (41.6 - 49.1%) -- approx. 3HKO

252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Horn Leech vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 93-110 (33 - 39.1%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Raging Bolt Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 105-123 (37.3 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario in Grassy Terrain: 126-149 (44.8 - 53%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 113-133 (40.2 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

252 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Ceaseless Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 93-110 (33 - 39.1%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lucario: 97-114 (34.5 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 100-118 (35.5 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 126-147 (44.8 - 52.3%) -- approx. 18.4% chance to 2HKO

0 Atk Zamazenta Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 45-53 (16 - 18.8%) -- possible 6HKO
252 Atk Zamazenta Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 55-65 (19.5 - 23.1%) -- possible 5HKO

252 Atk Zamazenta Heavy Slam (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 55-65 (19.5 - 23.1%) -- possible 5HKO
252 Atk Zamazenta Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 34-40 (12 - 14.2%) -- possible 8HKO

Terastallized
Newly Resisted Hits

0 Def Archaludon Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 48-57 (17 - 20.2%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ Def Corviknight Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 55-65 (19.5 - 23.1%) -- possible 5HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Tera Fairy Lucario: 114-135 (40.5 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Speed Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Tera Fairy Lucario: 90-107 (32 - 38%) -- 93.9% chance to 3HKO
252+ Def Dondozo Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 59-69 (20.9 - 24.5%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

252 Atk Iron Boulder Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 83-98 (29.5 - 34.8%) -- 13.7% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 Atk Quark Drive Iron Boulder Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 215-253 (76.5 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Iron Crown Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Tera Fairy Lucario: 90-107 (32 - 38%) -- 96.4% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Kingambit Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 66-78 (23.4 - 27.7%) -- 79.6% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 99-116 (35.2 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Protean Meowscarada Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 78-92 (27.7 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
160+ Def Skarmory Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 64-75 (22.7 - 26.6%) -- 31.2% chance to 4HKO

+1 88 Def Zamazenta Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 105-124 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Zamazenta Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 124-147 (44.1 - 52.3%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO

Newly Neutral Hits

32 Atk Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 204-240 (72.5 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 246-290 (87.5 - 103.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 185-218 (65.8 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Enamorus Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Tera Fairy Lucario: 133-157 (47.3 - 55.8%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 226-267 (80.4 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 138-163 (49.1 - 58%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Gouging Fire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 147-174 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Gouging Fire Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 264-312 (93.9 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Glimmora Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Tera Fairy Lucario: 130-153 (46.2 - 54.4%) -- 56.3% chance to 2HKO

0 Atk Great Tusk Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 183-216 (65.1 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 264-312 (93.9 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Tera Fairy Lucario: 93-110 (33 - 39.1%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO

0 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Tera Fairy Lucario: 107-127 (38 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Tera Fairy Lucario: 130-153 (46.2 - 54.4%) -- 56.3% chance to 2HKO

0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Tera Fairy Lucario: 178-210 (63.3 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after trapping damage
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Tera Fairy Lucario: 216-255 (76.8 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after trapping damage

252 Atk Iron Boulder Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 138-163 (49.1 - 58%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Tera Fairy Lucario: 194-229 (69 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 199-235 (70.8 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Protosynthesis Roaring Moon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 199-235 (70.8 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

8 SpA Skeledirge Torch Song vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Tera Fairy Lucario: 124-147 (44.1 - 52.3%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Ting-Lu Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Lucario: 157-186 (55.8 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

8 SpA Torkoal Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Tera Fairy Lucario in Sun: 153-180 (54.4 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
244 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Tera Fairy Lucario: 187-221 (66.5 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Conclusion
View attachment 590097

Lucario is an incredibly fun Pokemon to use that is the definition of high-risk/high-reward. It's a (reinforced) glass cannon with absolutely nuclear offenses, a solid speed tier, and incredible synergy with and against the meta. It's simple to use, and yet has a ton of dimension to it. It's one of the most fun Pokemon I've been able to use throughout this entire new stage of SV OU, and I can't wait to tackle my next OU essay -:furret:I hope you all enjoyed reading, SV OU DLC2 is in a really good place right now barring a few outliers, and I can't wait to see the metagame develop even further!
Echoing the sentiment some has voiced here, that Wise Glasses 1.1x boost seems too insignificant. As I mentioned in my edit, a pinch berry like Salac would be funny to run, as you can purposefully proc it through the use of Steel Beam, and can nab some surprise KO off enemies believing they're faster than you.

Rotom Wash will rise again, but until that time comes, I have decided to cook a "jank" set for it.
[NOTE THIS SET IS ENTIRELY UNTESTED AND IS BUILT PURELY ON CALCS AND VIBES]
yeah we're trickbanding again
Rotom-Wash @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
this is basically the physically defensive sample set but with no speed investment. uh, it can almost survive a power whip from +0 waterpon, it tricks a choice band onto something that can't use it (hopefully), and it misses hydro pump. Pain Split can be basically anything else, volt switch for momentum, and that's about it. I'll be honest washtom is hard to cook with because it lost its best move (defog) and its movepool isn't exactly expansive

Rotom Wash will rise again, but until that time comes, I have decided to cook a "jank" set for it.
ok I love the idea but, like, why not just go for trickscarf? it's useless on more things (and even a hinderance to slow pivoters!) and rotom can actually use it. Even without speed investment it creeps crown, tusk, ghold, and hamurott, important targets that you might want to lock into a move or move first against.

I’ve decided to give :Incineroar: another chance. I cooked up a team, with :choice scarf: :zapdos-galar: and :Serperior: as partners.
Fighting/Flying is very good offensively (since :Zapdos: died) and pretty good defensively too (Flying type is great for immunity to EQ and Spikes, and the Fighting-type makes it Rocks-neutral! Huge, since it likes going for big Brave Birds.)

The :choice scarf: on :zapdos galar: lets it outspeed :darkrai:, :choice scarf: :kyurem:, unboosted :roaring moon:, and some other miscellaneous scarfers. I might try :choice band: too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 24)