Project SV OU - Lure That Threat Week 39 - Gliscor - Voting!

Your opponent chuckles to themselves, pushing up their glasses, a flash covering the lenses. "Yes," they think to themselves, "my opponent is backed into a corner. This game is mine!" A Draco Meteor from their Choice Specs Dragapult has just killed your Cinderace, leaving their Kingambit to reign his holy terror on the rest of your OU game. All that's left on your team is a Gholdengo who hasn't hit the field yet, and a chipped AV Slowking-Galar. If you go Ghold, they can go hard Kingambit. If you go Glowking, they sacrifice Dragapult to get Kingambit in for free. It's foolproof. I mean, you haven't used your Tera yet, but judging from team composition, it's probably Tera Fairy Gholdengo and Tera Water Glowking, which a +2 Gambit should handle fine.

Right?

You bring in Ghold and your opponent chuckles. "choke", they say in chat. "u needed to go glowking there idiot". You don't respond. Your opponent takes this as a sign of surrender. They hard swap to Kingambit. You click Substitute. This makes them frown. Sub Ghold? Who runs that? They suppose it's a solid tech option. Doesn't matter; it's definitely dual STAB, Substitute, and either Nasty Plot or Recover. Doesn't change things. They click Swords Dance.

The opposing Gholdengo has Terastallized into a Fighting-type!

Shit! Well, maybe it's just a defensive Tera! Not all Tera Fighting Gholdengos run Focus Blast or Tera Blast.

The opposing Gholdengo is tightening its focus!

... what the FUCK.

176 Atk Tera Fighting Gholdengo Focus Punch vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 400-472 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Your opponent slams their desk as they lose their Kingambit to the worst move ever put onto a Gholdengo set. They don't even play the rest of the turn by bringing Dragapult in; they forfeit on the spot. Behold, the glorious set beholding your victory:

HAIL TO THE VICTOR (Gholdengo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 76 HP / 176 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Substitute
- Focus Punch

Now, dear reader, I hear you asking: is this not strictly inferior to a special Fighting-type move, such as Tera Blast or Focus Blast? My answer to that is no, for twofold reasons. First, it has uses into Pokémon that may otherwise beat Gholdengo. Against Roaring Moon, for example, one can procure this same strategy; Focus Punch is a stronger move than Tera Blast Fighting. In addition, it cripples the rare Blissey.

That said, dear reader, this thread is Lure That Threat. In order to count, the Pokémon in question must lure and cripple the opposing Pokémon. While I may be a first-time poster to this library of lures, I am no fool. This set, against all odds, does its job of luring and destroying opposing Kingambit.

There is one more thing, however. One final reason that this set stands above the rest. You see, to truly lure a threat, one must not just simply defeat a Pokémon that typically threatens yours. No; you must also crush the soul of your opponent doing so. No "damn ggs" here. Your opponent must stare at the screen in shock or rage; preferably both, before forfeiting. This set does so, because by luring that threat...

your opponent just lost to FOCUS PUNCH GHOLDENGO lmfao what a loser

:SV/CLEFABLE:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock
- Tera Blast

The fable of Lure Clefable
Once upon a time, a :kingambit: hard switched into a :clefable:. Expecting the :clefable: to run away in terror, having seen it was Magic Guard due to its switching in on rocks, the evil king(ambit) chuckled-it would use the helpless fairy as fodder. However, something surprised the Gambit. It stood its ground against the evil king, and donned an epic hat. Wearing its magnificent hat with a giant fist on top of it, the :clefable: pounded the evil king. It did what surprised even the two omnipotent overlords watching over their battle. It clicked Tera Fighting Tera Blast. Suddenly, power rushed through the fairy as it realised its offensive training, scorned by its defensive brethren, had come in useful. It realised its crucial sacrifice-11 stat points of HP, which made it lose all its tests to its friends, and its non-fountain-shaped hat which was a source of endless laughter, had been worth it to topple the mighty king by barely reaching the threshold-those 44 SpA EV's-that had made it able to topple the king. The king ran away to its Pokéball kingdom, defeated. The :clefable: had done the unthinkable. It had saved its whole city.

When any of its friends were later given the scenario, they all failed.

Our heroic Clefable's calc: 44 SpA Tera Fighting Clefable Tera Blast (80 BP) vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 400-472 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Its brethren's calcs: 0 SpA Tera Water Clefable Moonblast vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 112-133 (28 - 33.2%) -- 89% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
And no, the gambit can never outspeed and kill with Iron Head: 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Iron Head vs. 212 HP / 252+ Def Tera Fighting Clefable: 195-229 (50.7 - 59.6%) -- 83.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
So the moral of the story? Wear a magnificent hat with a fist on it.

Last edited:
Your opponent chuckles to themselves, pushing up their glasses, a flash covering the lenses. "Yes," they think to themselves, "my opponent is backed into a corner. This game is mine!" A Draco Meteor from their Choice Specs Dragapult has just killed your Cinderace, leaving their Kingambit to reign his holy terror on the rest of your OU game. All that's left on your team is a Gholdengo who hasn't hit the field yet, and a chipped AV Slowking-Galar. If you go Ghold, they can go hard Kingambit. If you go Glowking, they sacrifice Dragapult to get Kingambit in for free. It's foolproof. I mean, you haven't used your Tera yet, but judging from team composition, it's probably Tera Fairy Gholdengo and Tera Water Glowking, which a +2 Gambit should handle fine.

Right?

You bring in Ghold and your opponent chuckles. "choke", they say in chat. "u needed to go glowking there idiot". You don't respond. Your opponent takes this as a sign of surrender. They hard swap to Kingambit. You click Substitute. This makes them frown. Sub Ghold? Who runs that? They suppose it's a solid tech option. Doesn't matter; it's definitely dual STAB, Substitute, and either Nasty Plot or Recover. Doesn't change things. They click Swords Dance.

The opposing Gholdengo has Terastallized into a Fighting-type!

Shit! Well, maybe it's just a defensive Tera! Not all Tera Fighting Gholdengos run Focus Blast or Tera Blast.

The opposing Gholdengo is tightening its focus!

... what the FUCK.

176 Atk Tera Fighting Gholdengo Focus Punch vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 400-472 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Your opponent slams their desk as they lose their Kingambit to the worst move ever put onto a Gholdengo set. They don't even play the rest of the turn by bringing Dragapult in; they forfeit on the spot. Behold, the glorious set beholding your victory:

HAIL TO THE VICTOR (Gholdengo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 76 HP / 176 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Substitute
- Focus Punch

Now, dear reader, I hear you asking: is this not strictly inferior to a special Fighting-type move, such as Tera Blast or Focus Blast? My answer to that is no, for twofold reasons. First, it has uses into Pokémon that may otherwise beat Gholdengo. Against Roaring Moon, for example, one can procure this same strategy; Focus Punch is a stronger move than Tera Blast Fighting. In addition, it cripples the rare Blissey.

That said, dear reader, this thread is Lure That Threat. In order to count, the Pokémon in question must lure and cripple the opposing Pokémon. While I may be a first-time poster to this library of lures, I am no fool. This set, against all odds, does its job of luring and destroying opposing Kingambit.

There is one more thing, however. One final reason that this set stands above the rest. You see, to truly lure a threat, one must not just simply defeat a Pokémon that typically threatens yours. No; you must also crush the soul of your opponent doing so. No "damn ggs" here. Your opponent must stare at the screen in shock or rage; preferably both, before forfeiting. This set does so, because by luring that threat...

your opponent just lost to FOCUS PUNCH GHOLDENGO lmfao what a loser
I am not accepting this submission, as Gholdengo already commonly runs Focus Blast on some of its sets already as a lure to Kingambit. Your set is just physical Focus Blast and is too similar to an existing set. You can still submit things, but not this submission. Sorry for that, and I hope you can find something else :D

Moltres-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fiery Wrath
- Hurricane
- Tera Blast

Fun fact: The only move of Galarian Moltres that Kingambit does not resist is a non-STAB neutral U-turn coming off an uninvested, below average base 85 attack stat. Furthermore, as a dangerous setup sweeper, Kingambit's Sucker Punch (though resisted) is a vital move that the opponent will turn to in order to bring down the bird.

It's a little bit basic to go for the funny "haha Tera Fighting Tera Blast ez lure" but I think Moltres pulls it off very well because it not only lures Kingambit, but also decentivises it from Terastalising. As a Kingambit user, why would you give up your resistance to every attack Goltres has (all for a resistance to U-turn)?

252+ Atk Kingambit Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Moltres-Galar: 162-192 (42.2 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
I really can't be bothered to grab the calc for a standard max speed-max special attack Goltres, but we can evidently see that Kingambit can expect to 2HKO that thing. We don't need that much investment though.

4 SpA Tera Fighting Moltres-Galar Tera Blast (80 BP) vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 400-472 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Nice OHKO, allows us to take it down without needing a Nasty Plot, which means we can afford to play safer, able to Fiery Wrath as the Kingambit comes in instead of being forced to make a prediction.

I've changed my mind; I can be asked to remove the 248 from the damage calc:
252+ Atk Kingambit Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Moltres-Galar: 162-192 (50.4 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

There's your proof. While I'm here, I'll throw in the standard Goltres calcs.
252+ SpA Moltres-Galar Fiery Wrath vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 77-91 (19.2 - 22.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Moltres-Galar Hurricane vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 94-111 (23.5 - 27.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

It seems like the most popular Tera type is Fairy, which makes sense since that allows Goltres to run Double Dance, with Tera Blast over Hurricane. That set loses, however, to Kingambit. Even after a Nasty Plot.

+2 252+ SpA Tera Fairy Moltres-Galar Tera Blast (80 BP) vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 273-322 (68.2 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Kingambit Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Moltres-Galar: 324-384 (100.9 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I'd have liked to have used Double Dance, but Fighting/Dark coverage is walled by Fairies (the most common Tera type) and Fighting/Flying is walled by Zapdos (not hugely relevant I suppose) and Gholdengo (same can't be said here).

Since I'm running max speed and max bulk, I elected to use Nasty Plot over Agility because base 100 special attack is completely insufficient by every definition, whereas max speed Timid can at least pick off the multiple slower threats in the tier with our unresisted coverage (excluding Dedenne, watch out for that counter). We may not be a sweeper, but we get several switch in opportunities and the potential to chunk some threats on the enemy team.

TLDR: Galarian Moltres is by no means the rarest UU mon to appear in OU, due to it's threatening status as a sweeper. It also serves as the perfect Kingambit lure, since all of its attacking moves are resisted. This set may be Tera reliant, but given that our opponent is Kingambit himself, the ultimate Tera abuser after Volcarona, I think we can let it slide.

Last edited:

senorlopez

Formerly Ricardo [old]
:sv/deoxys-defense:

Deoxys-Defense @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 108 HP / 200 Atk / 156 SpA / 44 Spe
Quirky Nature
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Taunt / Psycho Boost / Knock Off
- Spikes

Isn't this just a worse :deoxys-speed: ? Yes...and that's the point... You want to bluff to your opponent that you are running a defensive set because why else would you normally be running :deoxys-defense: instead of :deoxys-speed:? The plan is to turn 1 Spikes as normal to not set off any alarms to your opponent and then smack :kingambit: with a 4X Superpower as it tries to set up on you.

The EVs are teched so that you guarantee a KO on offensive :kingambit: without needing to sink your Tera and can KO bulky variants handedly with Tera if you so choose. Ice Beam allows you to still 1vs1 if :kingambit: goes Tera Flying even after the defense drop and it can also be effective for other meta staples such as :gliscor: and :great-tusk:. The speed EVs means it always outspeeds any :kingambit: including max speed whilst also getting the jump on standard :gliscor: and knocking it out with Ice Beam. The rest of the EVs are dumped to HP to increase your bulk and help you get more layers of spikes up. Taunt is preferred to maintain the illusion that you are a defensive set and prevent opposing Spikes but Psycho Boost still hits hard and can nab KO's on mons like :great-tusk:. Knock Off can also be ran for utility and so that you aren't walled against most ghosts and psychics but don't expect it to be doing too much damage. EDIT Knock Off also allows you to beat your :deoxys-speed: brethren in the lead matchup so it might edge it over Psycho Boost.

:deoxys-defense: vs :kingambit:
200 Atk Expert Belt Deoxys-Defense Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kingambit: 341-403 (100 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
200 Atk Expert Belt Tera Fighting Deoxys-Defense Superpower vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 509-605 (127.2 - 151.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
156 SpA Expert Belt Tera Fighting Deoxys-Defense Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Flying Kingambit: 163-192 (47.8 - 56.3%) -- 84% chance to 2HKO

:kingambit: vs :deoxys-defense:
252+ Atk Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. -1 108 HP / 0 Def Tera Fighting Deoxys-Defense: 78-93 (29.1 - 34.7%) -- 6.7% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Kingambit Iron Head vs. -1 108 HP / 0 Def Tera Fighting Deoxys-Defense: 147-174 (54.8 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Black Glasses Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 108 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-Defense: 206-246 (76.8 - 91.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:deoxys-defense: vs :gliscor:
156 SpA Expert Belt Deoxys-Defense Ice Beam vs. 244 HP / 12 SpD Gliscor: 355-422 (100.8 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:deoxys-defense: vs :great-tusk:
156 SpA Expert Belt Deoxys-Defense Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 235-278 (54.1 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
156 SpA Expert Belt Deoxys-Defense Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 550-648 (126.7 - 149.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:deoxys-defense: vs :deoxys-speed:
200 Atk Deoxys-Defense Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-Speed: 146-174 (60.5 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (knocked off expert belt)
200 Atk Deoxys-Defense Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-Speed: 100-118 (41.4 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (knocked off expert belt and no item :deoxys-speed:)

:deoxys-speed: vs :deoxys-defense:
252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Speed Shadow Ball vs. 108 HP / 0 SpD Deoxys-Defense: 122-146 (45.5 - 54.4%) -- 47.7% chance to 2HKO (Not a two hit kill after the LO is knocked)

Other interesting calcs:
:deoxys-defense: vs :meowscarada:
200 Atk Tera Fighting Deoxys-Defense Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Meowscarada: 332-392 (113.3 - 133.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:deoxys-defense: vs :roaring-moon:
200 Atk Expert Belt Tera Fighting Deoxys-Defense Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Roaring Moon: 391-463 (111.3 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:roaring-moon: vs :deoxys-defense:
252 Atk Protosynthesis Roaring Moon Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 108 HP / 0 Def Tera Fighting Deoxys-Defense: 218-258 (81.3 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Two purposes to this post. First of all, does luring a threat with an illusion from a zoroark count? Don't expect it to. But anyway: here's my first ever submission to lure that threat:
Clefable @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

This is to bluff a normal Clefable set, then tank an Iron Head and OHKO them with Focus Blast or even better KO them on a Swords Dance. Here's some damage calculations:
0 SpA Clefable Focus Blast vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 380-448 (95 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Kingambit Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 260-308 (65.9 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
The focus Sash is in case you let the kingambit get to +2 (imagine that, shudder) but that's a bit gimmicky so you could run leftovers instead. Even better this Clefable still provides the team with decent utility as well with Stealth Rock. If for some reason too many people run Focus Blast on Clefable, I'll be very surprised.

EDIT:

Hang on wait a minute... someone else posted a clefable set. Dang it. Oh well... if that's not allowed, heres a different lure that I'll submit instead of Clefable, repeat, this one instead of clefable!
FURTHER EDIT:
Damn someone else posted a glowking set before me, and with focus blast too. Oh, well. Next time I need to check if I’m duplicating anyone first. I’ll vote for them now i guess.

You predict your opponent's Slowking and double into kingambit. A free Swords Dance. The game's over now. Your opponent has used their tera already, so you know there are going to be no more tricks. Your cursor hovers over the Swords Dance button, and you hesitate. It's perfect, almost too perfect... Never mind. You click Swords Dance. What happens next makes you smash your computer and yell in frustration. The opposing Kingambit used Swords Dance! Kingambit's Attack raised sharply! Slowking used Focus Blast! It's Super Effective! Kingambit fainted!

What is this magical set that lures and kills everyone's favorite mon?

Slowking-Galar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Focus Blast
- Chilly Reception
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb

This set is really cool. It looks the same as a normal slowking pivot set, and it actually is functionally the same against stall, except for the loss of toxic of course. At the same time, it still has chilly reception and future sight so it's still good as a stallbreaker. The given defensive EVs are to turn the possible 2HKO from a Kingambit's Iron Head without being at +2 into a guaranteed 3HKO after going Tera Fighting, and Focus Sash is to still possibly check Kingambit from full even if you've used your tera already (which is surprisingly easy to attain with regenerator) if you don't miss on focus blast. It also provides a little bit of a safety net from unfortunate crits. We don't even need any special attack investment to OHKO Kingambit so it's a great threat as normally Kingambit is completely immune to literally everything Slowking runs.
Here's some damage calcs:
252+ Atk Kingambit Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 56 Def Tera Fighting Slowking-Galar: 166-196 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Tera Fighting Slowking-Galar Focus Blast vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 640-760 (160 - 190%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Slowking-Galar Focus Blast vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 428-508 (107 - 127%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Kingambit Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 56 Def Tera Fighting Slowking-Galar: 331-391 (84 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
2 252+ Atk Kingambit Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 56 Def Tera Fighting Slowking-Galar: 221-261 (56 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Kingambit Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 56 Def Slowking-Galar: 55-65 (13.9 - 16.4%) -- possible 7HKO

Last edited:
Two purposes to this post. First of all, does luring a threat with an illusion from a zoroark count? Don't expect it to.
I'd advise against it. A few months ago I submitted a Zoroark lure but it was rejected because I was technically using two pokemon, which isn't allowed.

Unless Zoroark is able to pull off the lure completely independent of who its disguised as, it shouldn't count. And even then, it would mean your entire team would have to be built of mons that lose to Kingambit, or else you wouldn't be able to lure it in the first place.

It's a neat idea, but we should stick with single pokemon

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
Congrats to InfiniteT and Moltres Galar for winning week 33! The set will be added to the Hall of Fame.

Week 34 - Rain Archaludon!

:sv/archaludon:

Archaludon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 8 SpD / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Electro Shot
- Body Press

Rain has been trending recently, doing amazingly in the first week of SPL and in ladder. Archaludon is responsible for this, effortlessly checking threats to rain like Rillaboom and Ogerpon Wellspring while spiraling out of control with Electro Shot and Stamina, while being very hard to remove from the field without a stab earthquake or close combat or a strong specs wallbreaker, although Archaludons sheer bulk allows it to live even those hits and strike back hard. Because of how vital Archaludon is to rain, luring it in and eliminating it can be vital in securing a victory. This begs the question, what can lure Archaludon?

The deadline for submissions will be Friday, February 2 at 11:59 GMT-8!​

:sv/enamorus:
LondonBridgeFallin (Enamorus) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Superpower
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Earth Power
London bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, london bridge is falling down, all day long.

Your :Enamorus: is obviously a physical set. How could it not be? It's only used physical moves so far, and it seems to be HDB superpower. Your opponent chuckles. They feel safe in the knowledge that their mighty London Bridge :archaludon: is made of steel. Strong, hard steel can silence fairies. 176+ SpA Archaludon Electro Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Enamorus: 346-408 (119.7 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO. They know they will get a free +1 on their mighty bridge.
You have different plans.
You break out something called POWER. Something which will devastate bridges. After all, the power of the earth always triumphs over mankind...
176+ SpA Archaludon Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ground Enamorus: 160-189 (55.3 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Archaludon Electro Shot vs. Tera Ground Enamorus: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- possibly the worst move ever
Their ickle wickle bridge gets +1 spa or 65% off on love, but love is all-powerful. The power of the earth meets the power of love, utterly wrecking a bridge in 2 smacks: 252 SpA Tera Ground Enamorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Archaludon: 284-336 (73.9 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.
You can even run Springtide Storm on this set to really mess with :Archaludon:-I just killed you and I'm taking your rain, get rekt. Soo, what have we learned?
Love always wins. Until you find someone unaware of its charms (not naming any names... :dondozo::clodsire::skeledirge::quagsire:)

Last edited:
:sv/enamorus:
LondonBridgeFallin (Enamorus) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Superpower
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Earth Power
London bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, london bridge is falling down, all day long.

Your :Enamorus: is obviously a physical set. How could it not be? It's only used physical moves so far, and it seems to be HDB superpower. Your opponent chuckles. They feel safe in the knowledge that their mighty London Bridge :archaludon: is made of steel. Strong, hard steel can silence fairies. 176+ SpA Archaludon Electro Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Enamorus: 346-408 (119.7 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO. They know they will get a free +1 on their mighty bridge.
You have different plans.
You break out something called POWER. Something which will devastate bridges. After all, the power of the earth always triumphs over mankind...
176+ SpA Archaludon Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ground Enamorus: 160-189 (55.3 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Archaludon Electro Shot vs. Tera Ground Enamorus: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- possibly the worst move ever
Their ickle wickle bridge gets +1 spa or 65% off on love, but love is all-powerful. The power of the earth meets the power of love, utterly wrecking a bridge in 2 smacks: 252 SpA Tera Ground Enamorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Archaludon: 284-336 (73.9 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.
You can even run Springtide Storm on this set to really mess with :Archaludon:-I just killed you and I'm taking your rain, get rekt. Soo, what have we learned?
Love always wins. Until you find someone unaware of its charms (not naming any names... :dondozo::clodsire::skeledirge::quagsire:)
Not to be a bummer, but I think the below calc is one that the Archaludon user ought to be wary of given that they're assuming this Enamorus is physical:

252 Atk Enamorus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Archaludon: 192-228 (50 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(The Stamina boost is cancelled out by the Contrary boost)

Don't mean to sound like a hallway monitor, but as I was reading this I was thinking "wait, can Archaludon seriously tank two Superpowers from Enamorus? That's insane! I definitely wouldn't have assumed that as an Archaludon user."
So yeah, I'd probably suggest something else, but this is certainly a neat idea. I love how mixed attackers can be used to make lures.

:Ogerpon-Wellspring:
Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stomping Tantrum
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip/Horn Leech
- Encore

I think being able to lure a threat using the very pokemon it consistently beats is inherently funny, especially considering how normal this set looks. What we require is a bit of creativity from the user.

Firstly, let's get the Superpower shenanigans out of the way. Yes, Superpower Ogerpon dents Archaludon, but not only is this an uncommon move as is (on a relatively uncommon pokemon as far as OU goes right now), but the Stamina boost combined with the Superpower attack drop and, if needed, Terastalisation, means that Archaludon can always live the second one.

252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Archaludon: 238-280 (61.9 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Superpower vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Archaludon: 26-31 (6.7 - 8%) -- possibly the worst move ever

So what we need to do is convince the Archaludon that it prefers its Grass and Water resistance to its Fighting resistance, whilst still being able to damage it enough to render the Stamina boost negligible. Enter Stomping Tantrum.

For once, this is a set that somewhat requires the user to be intelligent. That may put me a few points down, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run. The absolute best case scenario for the Ogerpon user is that Archaludon swaps in when we press Encore. This is not that difficult of a situation to force, since Archaludon loves to come in on Ogerpon anyway. Plus, if Archaludon is on a rain team, we could always try and force Pelipper to Roost. If it stays in, we can get momentum, if it swaps out, phase 2 of our plan initiates.

252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Stomping Tantrum vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Archaludon: 296-350 (77 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
176+ SpA Archaludon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ogerpon-Wellspring: 222-262 (73.7 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Stomping Tantrum vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Archaludon: 100-118 (26 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

The mathematicians in the room will notice that, even with 2 min-rolls, we always KO Archaludon after tanking the Draco Meteor. The only way Archaludon can survive this exchange is by Terastalising (which doesn't even guarantee it lives, it only makes it a roll) and by that point you're glad you've forced your opponent to waste their Tera on a pokemon that's about to immediately be revenge killed.

Couple extra notes.

If the Archaludon swaps in on an Ivy Cudgel/Power Whip, you're going to have to swap out and try again later. The main problem with this is that hazards will make Draco Meteor a lot more dangerous. Horn Leech, and effective hazard control, can help with that issue though. On the plus side, every time this happens is just making your success more and more likely. Once you swap out of Archaludon once, they will immediately know you don't carry Superpower, and be inclined to hard swap in next time. This means that you can pull the strings and direct a failed Encore into their switch.

Secondly, if Archaludon and Ogerpon are on the field at the same time (maybe you both led with them), you can afford to deliberately Encore to make it fail. This can be written off as a misclick by your opponent, and allows you to force huge damage before you go down.

TLDR: Normally I wouldn't suggest a lure that requires this kind of skill/precision, but if you know what you're doing it can 100% be worth it. Archaludon will never hesitate to swap into you because you're the very thing it's designed to defeat. When your Encore fails as they swap in, that's not necessarily suspicious because it's a move clicked so often.

One last note: If you have both speed control and hazards, you might want to consider running Adamant for this:
252+ Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Stomping Tantrum vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Archaludon: 326-384 (84.8 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

Signing off

Last edited:
Not to be a bummer, but I think the below calc is one that the Archaludon user ought to be wary of given that they're assuming this Enamorus is physical:

252 Atk Enamorus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Archaludon: 192-228 (50 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(The Stamina boost is cancelled out by the Contrary boost)

Don't mean to sound like a hallway monitor, but as I was reading this I was thinking "wait, can Archaludon seriously tank two Superpowers from Enamorus? That's insane! I definitely wouldn't have assumed that as an Archaludon user."
So yeah, I'd probably suggest something else, but this is certainly a neat idea. I love how mixed attackers can be used to make lures.
There's no reason to even worry about this calc though, since yes, you die with 2 superpowers, but given a free switchin to Enamorus (which still counts as being lured to get a free switch, and free switches can even be made with sacrifices, which just makes it even sweeter), you can instantly do this: 176+ SpA Archaludon Electro Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Enamorus: 346-408 (119.7 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO.
Finally, can I say how hard this is to do? This is the same thing as in Victim of the Week, and it is so hard (for me) to find anything.
Edit: Requesting a edit to the name, its still lure that threat gambit in the name

Last edited:

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
Congrats to... Archaludon for being very hard to lure! No set will be added to the Hall of Fame.

Week 35 - Weavile!

:sv/weavile:

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Ice
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

Weavile is an excellent wallbreaker in OU, with one of if not the scariest Knock Off thanks to Triple Axel, especially with Swords Dance and Tera Ice, deleting every major Knock Off absorber. Weaviles threat level is also amplified by it's own wallbreaking with Knock Off supporting other physical wallbreakers including the Tier King, Kingambit alongside other threats like Gouging Fire, Samurott Hisui and Dragon Dance Kyurem. Weavile is not just a wallbreaker however, with it's high 125 speed stat and strong Ice Shard to pick off many priority users and faster pokemon like Speed Boost Moon, Dragapult, Rillaboom, Scarf Enamorus and Raging Bolt it poses a major threat for offensive teams. What Pokemon can lure and remove Weavile?

The deadline for submissions will be Thursday, February 8th at 11:59 GMT-8!​

:sv/great tusk:
Great Tusk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Headlong Rush
- Knock Off
- Supercell Slam
Scarf Great Tusk is something that I have experimented with in the past, but it is amazing at cleaning up weakened teams. In this scenario, you can outspeed and ko weavile after it has ko'd something or when it swords dances. Tera water allows you to take a boosted ice shard and can be useful utility for rain teams, along with supercell slam destroying any water types that wish to switch in.
Some calcs:
+2 252 Atk Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Great Tusk: 198-234 (53.3 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Tera Ice Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Great Tusk: 264-312 (71.1 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Tera Ice Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Water Great Tusk: 66-78 (17.7 - 21%) -- possible 5HKO
+2 252 Atk Tera Ice Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Water Great Tusk: 198-234 (53.3 - 63%) -- approx. 2HKO
252 Atk Tera Water Great Tusk Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Ice Weavile: 560-662 (199.2 - 235.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 280-331 (99.6 - 117.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Extra calcs:
252+ Atk Choice Band Barraskewda Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Water Great Tusk in Rain: 131-155 (35.3 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ Atk Protosynthesis Gouging Fire Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Water Great Tusk in Sun: 228-268 (61.4 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tera Water Great Tusk: 220-259 (59.2 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Great Tusk Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 224-264 (71.1 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

anique

</3
is a Tiering Contributor
:kyurem:
Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 HP / 200 Def / 80 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Body Press
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
Usually kyurem is free setup/knock for weav especially if it already dracos but bpress stops that easily, this is ev’d to live a +2 traxel enough speed for gourging fire made it modest to compensate for the lost spatk (you only lose some spatk compared to if you go max spatk timid)
+2 252 Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 4 HP / 200 Def Kyurem: 327-390 (83.4 - 99.4%) -- approx. 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 200 Def Kyurem: 265-313 (67.6 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

200 Def Kyurem Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 368-436 (130.9 - 155.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Extra calcs:
+1 252 Atk Protosynthesis Tera Flying Roaring Moon Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 4 HP / 200 Def Kyurem: 327-385 (83.4 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Zamazenta Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 200 Def Kyurem: 330-390 (84.1 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)