Resource SV OU Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://pokepast.es/109eb37183e0b9a1

a team i built that ive been enjoying so far. Scream tail and breloom sets are shamelessly stolen from mom lovers post because i tried their team and liked those mons a lot. Other than that:
-Scarf gholdengo is pretty nice, idk how long this mon stays in the tier honestly lmao but as it is, it outspeeds dragapult and threaten it with a shadow ball. It can also trick the scarf if it needs to cripple certain mons.
-I love dondozo holy shit. Mono water is great typing, titanic physical bulk,unaware, and you have set up moves to sweep if they disrespect the don. Also its probably the single best check to palafin in the tier.
-Garganacl is good but also pretty replaceable. Solid rocker, has a good signature move that you can spam to punish people switching around. Biggest issue with this guy is his typing which you can fix by running terra flying but idk if hes worth the investment to terrastalize it.
-Finally corv is corv. I dont think i need to explain what it does.
Just wanted to say I've been screwing around with this team, and tera-fire Breloom is the truth

(click for importable)
Double Iron Balance
So, here's my first team for the SV OU metagame! It features my favourite of the Paradox Pokemon in Iron Valiant, as well as a Pokemon I've been having way more fun using than I thought I would in Iron Moth. It took a little bit of playing around to get Iron Valiant's set right (thanks Jade for the suggestions!) but I think I've hit on a really effective set here with all special attacks and Expert Belt to really make its coverage sting. I chose Tera Steel to resist Scizor's Bullet Punch as well as giving Iron Valiant a Fairy and Psychic resistance. Iron Moth, unlike its modern contemporary Volcarona, doesn't have Quiver Dance, so I had to make use of it in another way. I opted for an offensive pivot set since it has access to U-Turn, and it's been working beautifully. Energy Ball complements the Fire/Poison coverage very well, and can be used to break past bulky Rock- and Water-type checks, especially after Terastalizing into a Grass-type. Iron Moth also has decent special bulk and a Steel resistance, allowing it to pivot into Gholdengo a few times if needed. Choice Band Scizor is the next member, which helps to keep dangerous offensive threats like Chien-Pao and opposing Iron Valiant in check for the team. CB U-Turn also chips switch-ins heavily while bringing in the team's own offensive threats. Tera Water was chosen for obvious resasons. As for EVs, I slapped everything into bulk and Attack since we are still at a stage in the metagame where the threats needed to be checked are somewhat murky. Garganacl is next, and does a great job of getting rocks up, spreading damage with Salt Cure, and checking Ghost-types that seem to have gotten even more powerful in this generation. Protect is the move that sets it apart from other Garganacl I have seen, and allows it to recover additional HP with Leftovers and safely force more damage onto the opposing Pokemon as Salt Cure chips away at their HP. Tera Bug is another unique addition I haven't seen other Garganacl using yet, but it allows Garganacl to completely flip the matchup against Great Tusk, resisting both of its STABs. Full special bulk was chosen to make Garganacl as effective a Ghost-type check as possible. Corviknight is next, and is here for hazard control and checking various physical attackers, such as Chien-Pao and Kingambit. Pretty simple, with full physical bulk investment. I was unsure of what Tera type to use and haven't found myself Terastalizing it at all anyway, so its current Tera type of Flying could probably be changed. Finally, Amoonguss is here to provide additional insurance against attackers like opposing Iron Valiant, as well as various sweepers, using Foul Play. Spore is always useful, and it provides the Water and Fighting resists for the team. As with Corviknight, I haven't found myself Terastalizing Amoonguss, but I picked Tera Dark to potentially block Psychic attacks and to strengthen Foul Play.

I've had fun with this team and with Gen 9 OU so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing where the metagame goes. Enjoy the team!

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor

(click for importable)
Double Iron Balance
So, here's my first team for the SV OU metagame! It features my favourite of the Paradox Pokemon in Iron Valiant, as well as a Pokemon I've been having way more fun using than I thought I would in Iron Moth. It took a little bit of playing around to get Iron Valiant's set right (thanks Jade for the suggestions!) but I think I've hit on a really effective set here with all special attacks and Expert Belt to really make its coverage sting. I chose Tera Steel to resist Scizor's Bullet Punch as well as giving Iron Valiant a Fairy and Psychic resistance. Iron Moth, unlike its modern contemporary Volcarona, doesn't have Quiver Dance, so I had to make use of it in another way. I opted for an offensive pivot set since it has access to U-Turn, and it's been working beautifully. Energy Ball complements the Fire/Poison coverage very well, and can be used to break past bulky Rock- and Water-type checks, especially after Terastalizing into a Grass-type. Iron Moth also has decent special bulk and a Steel resistance, allowing it to pivot into Gholdengo a few times if needed. Choice Band Scizor is the next member, which helps to keep dangerous offensive threats like Chien-Pao and opposing Iron Valiant in check for the team. CB U-Turn also chips switch-ins heavily while bringing in the team's own offensive threats. Tera Water was chosen for obvious resasons. As for EVs, I slapped everything into bulk and Attack since we are still at a stage in the metagame where the threats needed to be checked are somewhat murky. Garganacl is next, and does a great job of getting rocks up, spreading damage with Salt Cure, and checking Ghost-types that seem to have gotten even more powerful in this generation. Protect is the move that sets it apart from other Garganacl I have seen, and allows it to recover additional HP with Leftovers and safely force more damage onto the opposing Pokemon as Salt Cure chips away at their HP. Tera Bug is another unique addition I haven't seen other Garganacl using yet, but it allows Garganacl to completely flip the matchup against Great Tusk, resisting both of its STABs. Full special bulk was chosen to make Garganacl as effective a Ghost-type check as possible. Corviknight is next, and is here for hazard control and checking various physical attackers, such as Chien-Pao and Kingambit. Pretty simple, with full physical bulk investment. I was unsure of what Tera type to use and haven't found myself Terastalizing it at all anyway, so its current Tera type of Flying could probably be changed. Finally, Amoonguss is here to provide additional insurance against attackers like opposing Iron Valiant, as well as various sweepers, using Foul Play. Spore is always useful, and it provides the Water and Fighting resists for the team. As with Corviknight, I haven't found myself Terastalizing Amoonguss, but I picked Tera Dark to potentially block Psychic attacks and to strengthen Foul Play.

I've had fun with this team and with Gen 9 OU so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing where the metagame goes. Enjoy the team!
this is beautiful, special valiant is an amazing set and so is pivot moth. is sludge wave truly necessary on moth though? i feel its targets either gets hit by fire blast enough already or is something you can easily pivot in another mon for (like tera fairy skeledirge, i guess). moth does get morning sun and becomes a more consistant gholdengo switchin with it, ive been using morning sun on my moth and have been appreciating its ability to take hits more consistantly and forcing things out.

the other minor gripe i have with this team is that it seems extremely reliant on valiant to make progress and scizor to deal with faster stuff. which means something like scarf chi-yu can become a major pain in the ass, as whenever it comes in youre either taking a 2hko from dpulse on something or you have balls of steel and go valiant.

also, scizor gets thief, which gets the technician boost unlike night slash.

Iron Moth Hazard Stack
Alright, here's a team I've been messing with on some accounts and I thought I would drop it here to see what people think. It feels good so far, but maybe not fully optimized. The first three are the core, but I'm not fully convinced yet by the last three basically.
:iron-moth: :ting-lu: :gholdengo: :iron-valiant: :cyclizar: :dondozo:
https://pokepast.es/326ea8067246fd73

Iron Moth: A TSpikes setter that can threaten the likes of Corviknight is nice. Decent SpDef on a fire type is useful too, and it has recovery to boot. Tera Fairy is rarely used but can flip some match-ups.

Ting-Lu: I used Chomp for a while, and while I appreciate the rough+rocky chip and defensive typing, this thing is just so bulky instead and whirlwind bypasses substitute which is key in this meta. Tera Ghost can avoid some of the fighting type moves while also dodging Rapid Spin which can be key to keep your hazards up if Gholdengho is out.

Gholdengo: You all know what this does, no need to explain. Scarf because this team desperately needs some speed control, and with Trick it can mess up things like Clodsire that would usually switch in. Hex is cute, but I rarely click it, so maybe Shadow Ball is better for consistency.

Iron Valiant: Mixed Valiant is tough to switch into, and with hazards up doubling around isn't great either. I didn't want to be choiced so I went EBelt, but LOrb could be an option for more power. Wish I could fit Knock Off in there somehow though.

Cyclizar: The most interchangeable part to be honest. I just really wanted a Rapid Spinner and this thing provides that, along with some additional speed and it has Knock Off to chunk Gholdengho as well. The typing also covers some things that the rest of the team doesn't, although it doesn't have the bulk. This team doesn't make great use of Shed Tail though, so he could easily be changed I think.

Dondozo: The great glue I tend to fall back on. It just checks so many physical threats so well, and Curse can win you the late-game too.

I think I may try some alternatives for the last three (was considering Tera Grass Sandy Shocks for example to bait Great Tusk, which is the only Rapid Spinner that beats Gholdengho), but this version has worked pretty well so far.

update we broke 1600s this shit is kinda broken haha, please feel free to give feedback / lmk how the team performs should you give it a try cuz im not gonna be pushing it any further
Any usage tips for this? How do you typically handle things like Valiant? you have 5 fairy weaknesses. Any sets you'd update?

this is beautiful, special valiant is an amazing set and so is pivot moth. is sludge wave truly necessary on moth though? i feel its targets either gets hit by fire blast enough already or is something you can easily pivot in another mon for (like tera fairy skeledirge, i guess). moth does get morning sun and becomes a more consistant gholdengo switchin with it, ive been using morning sun on my moth and have been appreciating its ability to take hits more consistantly and forcing things out.

the other minor gripe i have with this team is that it seems extremely reliant on valiant to make progress and scizor to deal with faster stuff. which means something like scarf chi-yu can become a major pain in the ass, as whenever it comes in youre either taking a 2hko from dpulse on something or you have balls of steel and go valiant.

also, scizor gets thief, which gets the technician boost unlike night slash.
Morning Sun on Moth probably has some good value yeah, especially if you opted to bulk Moth out a bit more. Fire/Poison is excellent coverage though and I do want to hit Fairies with Moth. I could see the team having a harder time with really bulky stuff but so far it hasn't been an issue, Garganacl helps spread a lot of damage and there is a decent amount of firepower between Valiant, Moth, and Scizor. Chi-Yu hasn't been an issue either as I can just go to Garganacl on it. As for Scizor, Night Slash's crit rate is nice, but you are right about Thief. I may give it a shot. Thanks for the comments!

(click for importable)
Double Iron Balance

I had changed the iron vailant set from focus blast to cc because a mix set is way better plus you don't have a chance of missing. this the set I changed it to.

Iron Valiant @ Expert Belt
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 HP / 24 Atk / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Close Combat

Sandy Shocks @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Body Press

Torkoal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Will-O-Wisp

Slither Wing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Whirlwind
- First Impression
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Chi-Yu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower

Gholdengo @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Recover

This sun team is designed around letting Chi-Yu and Sandy Shocks go crazy once sun is up. Corviknight and Slither Wing are used as pivots to allow Sand and Chi entry, while Sand also has Volt Switch to scout and provide chip damage while switching. The EV spread on Sand allows Protosynthesis to boost its Speed instead of its Special Attack, allowing it to function as both a Choice Specs and Choice Scarf pokemon at the same time when sun is up, letting it be a very lethal wallbreaker that breaks through the Clodsire + Dondozo core and can take on other ground types, Quagsire, and Rotom-W with Tera Grass. Chi-Yu is meant to be a nuclear bomb of a wallbreaker on this team, opening holes for Sand and the others with various fire moves depending on the situation and Dark Pulse, although it appreciates Stealth Rock removal from Torkoal due to the lack of boots to stop it from getting worn down too fast.

Torkoal is critical for this team to work, as it functions as a sun setter, Stealth Rock setter, a Rapid Spinner, and a burn spreader to help soften blows from the multitude of physical attackers running around. Its role compression as a hazard and sun setter and hazard remover is why I chose to warrant HDB over leftovers or heat rock. Being a fire type also makes opposing Gholdengo think twice before coming in to stop hazard removal, as a right prediction with Lava Plume can destroy it and allow Torkoal to remove hazards. Corviknight is here to help with the team's ground weakness and serves as a way to keep Chi-Yu safe from Mach Punch from Breloom and counter it in return. Gholdengo with a bulky utility build helps with speed control and preventing stealth rocks from being removed, and just being annoying like Gholdengo is known for. Finally, Slither Wing's role is take down Chein-Pao and Tyranitar, who can give the team some issues, be a pivot, resist ground/grass/dark/and fighting moves, and screw with Shed Tail users and physical attackers thanks to its acceptable natural bulk, Rocky Helmet, Close Combat (who both users of the move are weak to), and Whirlwind in case they get the move off and switch to a setup Pokemon. This team's been working pretty well for me atm, and I hope you guys get the same results with it!

Anyone have any changes I can make to make this team work better I am still winning with it but some teams I struggle so much that i cant do much against them. On cart I am doing fine but we all know how that goes.

https://pokepast.es/1b4f7c2091a64c2b

Chien-Pao @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sword of Ruin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Throat Chop
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 32 HP / 220 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Defog
- Roost

Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Press
- Salt Cure
- Heavy Slam
- Recover

Tinkaton @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gigaton Hammer
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Stealth Rock

Tatsugiri (Tatsugiri-Droopy) @ Life Orb
Ability: Storm Drain
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Nasty Plot
- Rapid Spin

:Grimmsnarl: :Gholdengo: :Cyclizar: :Kingambit: :Espathra: :Dragonite:
https://pokepast.es/a135126029658f44

This dual screen team featuring 4 setup sweeper without entry hazard setter :

1. Grimmsnarl is the lead to install reflect/light screen or taunt depending on enemy lead, priority parting shot is very good pivot moves to weaken the enemy even further after installing dual screen in exchange for completely passive against dark type due its immunity to prankster,

2. Gholdengo probably the best gen 9 mon that can block any status moves including defog, not to mention it have aegislash excelent devensive typing and high special attack, air ballon to make it immune to ground type moves,

3. Cyclizar is the main pivot with 4 useful utility moves, knock off to remove items and dealing damage to many ghost, rapid spin to clear enemy hazard and also its STAB moves, u-turn to pivot and the infamous shed tail that can also behind screen,

4. Kingambit is a better version of bisharp with added bulk and damage, speed is no issue since it have STAB sucker punch. Supreme overlord is very useful expecially in late game, defiant is lest useful because of gholdengo presence that make defogger rare,

5. Espathra is the primadona of this team, in my experience its the mon that sweep the most enemies. Max hp and defense to maximize its bulk since its doesn't need speed due to speed boost, its also the number one tera abuser,

6. Dragonite is the last sweeper that have benefit the most from screen and shed tail, with multiscale its very hard to break its sub let alone behind screen, it doesn't need any STAB moves, its also the preferred tera abuser because of extremespeed.

This team is much better that my previous bazaar post at #98 because in gen 9 metagame HO is better in general than BO, I can reach 1500 elo with team while in previous BO I struggle to get past 1400.

Spent half the day in bed because I was kinda sick, but when I crawled out my feverish brain spit out these two teams. Success not guaranteed.

Screaming Tail Sand Bulky Offense
:tyranitar: :scream-tail: :dragapult: :scizor: :great-tusk: :dondozo:
https://pokepast.es/8de2fe838500c6f0
Basically, I wanted to built around Ttar anyway, and he is a great check to Chi-Yu. I think AV Ttar is way too passive so I opted for band. Lack of recovery is a bit annoying, so I paired him with Scream Tail who can pass wishes and also has a nice 4x fighting resist.
Babiri berry allows me to Twave something without having to predict the Tera or use up my own either. Dragapult adds a bit of additional speed control and hits decently hard with Specs. I was insanely weak to Gholdengho at this point so I added AV Scizor who appreciates the Wish passing now that he can no longer get roost. Bullet Punch priority is also helpful with the lack of a scarfer. I needed a way to remove hazards, so in came Great Tusk, who can also threaten a bunch of mons. Ice Spinner is nice here because this team doesn't deal well with some of the stronger ground types, but Knock Off utility is really useful too. Lastly I needed to check a variety of physical threats, so the Don came in to save the day once again.

Unaware Bros Inc.
:dondozo: :skeledirge: :garchomp: :scizor: :iron-valiant: :meowscarada:
https://pokepast.es/c4101e4341095376
So the Unaware bros are doing rather well for themselves right now and I like them, so I figured I would try building a nice defensive core with them. I tried to add Wo-Chien tbh, but he just wasn't worth the space, the typing is too bad. Anyway, I added dual hazard Chomp next because he covers some of the weaknesses. I considered a SR+SD set with Fire Tera Blast to pressure Corviknight and stop it from Defogging to make the stall match-up more playable, but honestly the calcs were terrible even with max atk so I went back to standard. Stall match-up just sucks, it is what it is. Anyway, I was once again weak to Gholdengho and needed hazard removal, so bulky Defog Scizor fit in well. Lastly I rounded it out with CB Valiant for some threat, and Scarf Meowscarada for speed control and a late-game wincon that can be useful early on with Knock Off utility.

I swear I'll build without Dondozo at some point. Maybe when I can figure out how to make that Specs Pelipper team.

Alright, one more fun team. It's time for a favorite of mine: Specs Pelipper. Ever since this thing got Drizzle I've messed around with this set because it's hilarious watching people switch into things expecting some passive nonsense only to get their world rocked by a Hurricane. My favorite team to use in SM was a team with Specs Peli and Lele+MMeta psyspam which actually worked surprisingly well.

Pelipper and his Big Hammer
https://pokepast.es/f6ef0b3f73fdf234
:pelipper: :tinkaton: :iron-treads: :ting-lu: :skeledirge: :tauros-paldea-water:

Pelipper: I already mentioned this guy, but yeah, very few things can easily switch into both Pump and Hurricane. Even Max SpDef Water Absorb Clodsire isn't really safe ( 252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Clodsire: 187-222 (40.3 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO ). Also there is this fun calc: 252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper (Tera Water) Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Rain: 366-432 (51.2 - 60.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. It's still slow, kinda squishy and just worse than e.g. Chi-Yu but the STAB combo is much less prepared for at least.

Tinkaton: Little gal, big hammer. I kinda like this thing after using it a bit. We all know how amazing Fairy/Steel is as a typing, and that remains true even with Tinkaton's mediocre stats. The hammer hits pretty hard to be honest, and Tera Electric can bait in Corviknight which really unleashes Iron Treads.

Iron Treads: Nice and fast, Toxic immune, gets Rapid Spin, what's not to love? The slightly higher speed compared to Tusk can be quite useful too really. If there's no ground immunities left, this thing gets scary fast. I really like the core of these first three. Even if I end up changing the team at some point (probably will), I think these will stay.

Ting-Lu: Hazard stacker that is tough to kill. You all know what he does. Whirlwind phazing ends up being key time after time. Tera Poison this time since I have no other hazard setters and I'm a bit lacking in fighting resists.

Skeledirge: The other half of the defensive backbone. Very useful mon, who can sit in front of a surprising amount of mons if it doesn't get taunted. Tera Fairy may be predictable, but it's just oh so good.

(EDIT:replaced Sandy Shocks) Tauros-Paldea-Water: Scarf Tauros is a pretty nice mon actually. It still has some defensive value (e.g. checks Chien-Pao) by virtue of its typing and Intimidate, and has two 120 BP STAB moves to clear things with. Wave Crash in rain is particularly threatening.

I can see myself messing around a bunch with this, since it's a lot of fun to use. Pray you never run into an actual rain team with this though.

Last edited:
im back again w another dogshit hyper offense team :)

https://pokepast.es/dbd8d7e54c65ed05

this one is a double moth core w specs iron moth and quiver dance tera ground frosmoth. frosmoth is p much the only thing u can tera cause its typing is so horrible but it completely turns the tables on fire rock and steel types. we have cyclizar to facilitate the moth so it can get in like at least once. it should probably be banded so it can semi wallbreak against chansey or whatever but its fine. corviknight because defog is absolutely mandatory on this team. glimmora for rocks and memento so u can get an extra setup opportunity but maybe great tusk is better cause it can do damage and extra hazard removal. finally roaring moon is a secondary sweeper and it can tera flying to bear fighting types and for stab acrobatics. it loses super hard to corviknight and also willowisp skeledirge if it doesnt have a shed tail up so you have to remove the bird with iron moth before you can dance. iron moth is your special wallbreaker cause soecs fire blast kills basically everything not named chansey, skeledirge, or garganacl. uturn for extra momentum but maybe something like psychic so it can touch skeledirge and fighting types would work too. it can tera grass if it really desperately needs to or against rain teams but it probably shouldnt.

im completely unable to get above like 1200 elo though so maybe take this with a grain of salt

:great-tusk::corviknight::scizor::dragapult::Rotom-Wash::iron-valiant:
trying some 3a Scizor lately. big fan of the corv + tusk defensive core on offense teams right now.

might also try scarf rotom + booster energy iron valiant. I'm sure phys pult could slot in with those changes.

:great-tusk::corviknight::scizor::dragapult::Rotom-Wash::iron-valiant:
trying some 3a Scizor lately. big fan of the corv + tusk defensive core on offense teams right now.

might also try scarf rotom + booster energy iron valiant. I'm sure phys pult could slot in with those changes.
Are there any mons in particular you see Corv and Tusk struggle with? Chi and Chien both come to mind so curious if you have dedicated answers

Idk about that one
Counterargument
252+ Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Cetitan Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 490-577 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
That's without Tera Ice OR Crit
Tera Ice gives Cetitan a 91.4-107.8% to this Blissey, and crit does 182.8-215.6% to this blissey.
I use blissey in all damage calculations against non fighting and ghost types, as it is a fair template

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)