Resource SV OU Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any mons in particular you see Corv and Tusk struggle with? Chi and Chien both come to mind so curious if you have dedicated answers
yeah i've actually thought about this, looking at my tera types. i have been running steel tusk and dragon corv for those two now, haha. otherwise, defensive rotom does ok vs chi yu (not amazing mind you) and chien pao is handled by scizor. good points to consider!

im back again w another dogshit hyper offense team :)

https://pokepast.es/dbd8d7e54c65ed05

this one is a double moth core w specs iron moth and quiver dance tera ground frosmoth. frosmoth is p much the only thing u can tera cause its typing is so horrible but it completely turns the tables on fire rock and steel types. we have cyclizar to facilitate the moth so it can get in like at least once. it should probably be banded so it can semi wallbreak against chansey or whatever but its fine. corviknight because defog is absolutely mandatory on this team. glimmora for rocks and memento so u can get an extra setup opportunity but maybe great tusk is better cause it can do damage and extra hazard removal. finally roaring moon is a secondary sweeper and it can tera flying to bear fighting types and for stab acrobatics. it loses super hard to corviknight and also willowisp skeledirge if it doesnt have a shed tail up so you have to remove the bird with iron moth before you can dance. iron moth is your special wallbreaker cause soecs fire blast kills basically everything not named chansey, skeledirge, or garganacl. uturn for extra momentum but maybe something like psychic so it can touch skeledirge and fighting types would work too. it can tera grass if it really desperately needs to or against rain teams but it probably shouldnt.

im completely unable to get above like 1200 elo though so maybe take this with a grain of salt
actually yeah im making a new paste w some updates so its actually kind of usable here u go

https://pokepast.es/d4559a996e1ad375

I've been using this team, stacking hazards with Ting-Lu and then letting Iron Valiant and Dragapult go to town, I found that Infiltrator Drag was helpful against all those Dual Screens/Shed Tail teams with Cyclizar and Grimmsnarl, I'm still kinda rusty because I had a bit of a break from competitive in late Gen 8, but the meta is kinda crazy but fun right now, I can feel my ancient wisdom coming back to me a bit

https://pastebin.com/Wc12kgtM

Counterargument
252+ Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Cetitan Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 490-577 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
That's without Tera Ice OR Crit
Tera Ice gives Cetitan a 91.4-107.8% to this Blissey, and crit does 182.8-215.6% to this blissey.
I use blissey in all damage calculations against non fighting and ghost types, as it is a fair template
Blissey is kind of unlikely to see tho, I haven't seen a single one yet (at where I am on the ladder at least from 1000 to 1600)

Sandy Shocks @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Body Press

Torkoal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Will-O-Wisp

Slither Wing @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Whirlwind
- First Impression
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Chi-Yu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower

Gholdengo @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Recover

This sun team is designed around letting Chi-Yu and Sandy Shocks go crazy once sun is up. Corviknight and Slither Wing are used as pivots to allow Sand and Chi entry, while Sand also has Volt Switch to scout and provide chip damage while switching. The EV spread on Sand allows Protosynthesis to boost its Speed instead of its Special Attack, allowing it to function as both a Choice Specs and Choice Scarf pokemon at the same time when sun is up, letting it be a very lethal wallbreaker that breaks through the Clodsire + Dondozo core and can take on other ground types, Quagsire, and Rotom-W with Tera Grass. Chi-Yu is meant to be a nuclear bomb of a wallbreaker on this team, opening holes for Sand and the others with various fire moves depending on the situation and Dark Pulse, although it appreciates Stealth Rock removal from Torkoal due to the lack of boots to stop it from getting worn down too fast.

Torkoal is critical for this team to work, as it functions as a sun setter, Stealth Rock setter, a Rapid Spinner, and a burn spreader to help soften blows from the multitude of physical attackers running around. Its role compression as a hazard and sun setter and hazard remover is why I chose to warrant HDB over leftovers or heat rock. Being a fire type also makes opposing Gholdengo think twice before coming in to stop hazard removal, as a right prediction with Lava Plume can destroy it and allow Torkoal to remove hazards. Corviknight is here to help with the team's ground weakness and serves as a way to keep Chi-Yu safe from Mach Punch from Breloom and counter it in return. Gholdengo with a bulky utility build helps with speed control and preventing stealth rocks from being removed, and just being annoying like Gholdengo is known for. Finally, Slither Wing's role is take down Chein-Pao and Tyranitar, who can give the team some issues, be a pivot, resist ground/grass/dark/and fighting moves, and screw with Shed Tail users and physical attackers thanks to its acceptable natural bulk, Rocky Helmet, Close Combat (who both users of the move are weak to), and Whirlwind in case they get the move off and switch to a setup Pokemon. This team's been working pretty well for me atm, and I hope you guys get the same results with it!
Very good team, using double U-turn and voltswitch to switch in Chi-Yu is a really good idea,
but this team still has some problems:
First, because of the sunlight, Chi-Yu is also a popular pokemon for other people to use, when the sunrise, opponent's Chi-Yu is really hard to guard, Sandy Shocks,Corviknight, Slither Wing, and Gholdengo will be taken down by one hit, only Torkoal and Chi-Yuthe resist Fire type, but you know that under the sun, they also will be taken down by 2 hits, and they are the sole of this team, so they can not switch in, then this team will be very easy to destroy.
Second, the gen9 OU environment has a lot of boosting teams, such as Espathra、Volcarona、Dragonite, they will not only increase their SpA or Atk, but they also increase their speed and/or defense, this team does not have a good method to solve this problem, scarf is still slow after one boost, no pokemon can counter this situation.

Third, a lot of hazard teams cause a lot damage on Fire-type pokemons, hazard+ Gholdengo will be a problem for this team to clean Stealth Rock, toxic spikes, and spikes. it is a big pressure on Torkoal.

Here I suggest some pokemons you can think about it, but I still didn't find good way;
Roaring Moon, this pokemon has a good type to counter fire pokemon ( except Chi-Yu, which is still a problem) and also can use U-turn.
Espeon, Espeon can be a shield to solve the problem of the hazard team, and Espeon has Fairy type skill can take down dragon pokemon, and probably can solve the problem of boosting team( Not sure)
Scovillain, a very fast pokemon under the sun, and fire/grass type + tera type ice with tera blast can take down most of the pokemon.

You can think about these pokemon, and I will keep studying the sun team, welcome to communicate.

Hit mid 1700s with this Chien-Pao + Chi-Yu bulky offense team, could definitely make it higher but feels kind of hard to justify running offense without Screens, Shed Tail, or Gholdengo right now. The defensive backbone has some obvious blind spots (e.g. Chien-Pao, offensive Dragons) but most of those can be pivoted around & soft checked, and for games that look like they'll go longer, you can use defensive Teras to handle them. Definitely not the best team to ever grace the OU ladder but pretty fun, and has ways to play around its bad matchups.

:great-tusk: :chi-yu: :chien-pao: :garchomp: :amoonguss: :dragonite:
https://pokepast.es/32f686c53b893e00

DNite is Jolly so that it outspeeds max speed Pult at +1. Loses on team preview to offensive Flying types, but thankfully none of those exist right now (it makes Brave Bird Corvi surprisingly hard to switch into though, and of course Roaring Moon is a big threat especially behind a Sub).

Amoonguss is a real good mon ATM if you can handle Gholdengo (it's tempting to run something like Stomping Tantrum for it but I'm not sure where you'd fit it - Sludge feels necessary for Valiant, you really want Clear Smog with all of the DDers and Espathras right now, and passing up on Grass STAB seems insane).

Also the EV spreads suck, Tankchomp can definitely run something better, I just don't want to spend effort thinking about it when — as mentioned — this team feels like it'll always just preform worse than standard Gholdengo Spikes at this level. C'est la vie. You could consider Tera Ghost on Garchomp if you really want situational spinblocks but I really wanted the soft Ice check that Tera Water provides to prevent Chien Paos from just running away with the game early.

Again, the defensive core really isn't that good, so the only reason this team really functions despite the inadequate defensive backbone is that it's really good at wearing down stuff + Chi-Yu is busted. That is to say, Specs gets a kill every time it comes in in a ton of matchups (or at least puts something in Chien-Pao range), which creates a sort of clock on the gamestate; games can't really go long enough for you to really get punished by the obvious weaknesses that using Garchomp as your Dragon resist creates. As a consequence, the team can't really break stall teams with consistent long-term Chi-Yu answers like SpDef Blissey unless you play super well. The stall MU is another reason I can't really recommend it above 1750 or so, but it's still good for most of ladder.

If you wanted to clean up this team to something better, I'd probably start by running SubNP Gholdengo over Chien-Pao and begin looking for ways to patch up the offense matchup from there. Chi-Yu + Amoonguss + Spikes Garchomp + a fast/priority cleaner is just a good basis for a bulky offense team right now IMO, I'm sure you could riff on that theme with some effort.

Last edited:
This is the first team I am really confident about to share, hopefully it is solid. Feedback is appreciated!

Hazard Stack Banded Dragapult

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Roost
Breloom @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Fighting
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Make It Rain
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
Glimmora @ Air Balloon
Ability: Toxic Debris
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Mortal Spin
Dragapult @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Tera Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Dragon Darts
- U-turn
Chien-Pao @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Throat Chop
- Icicle Crash
- Sucker Punch
- Sacred Sword
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Iron Head

The intent here is to lead glimmora, stack hazards, and then get a poison and clear hazards with spin on some mon before it gets obliterated. 90% of the time glimm is going to be killed by a Great Tusk that has been poisoned and has 1 rapid spin boost, as well as being minus def and spdef from headlong rush. at this point I just play mindgames with gholdengo to keep rocks up and remove the fancy donphan and open up the rest of the team to be able to do something. Warning: if you do not have at least stealth rock up you will hard lose to scarf chi yu if your opponent competent enough, from my experience this starts around 1400

The Chien Pao set is HDB since when the enemy team doesn't have Iron Tusk 1 layer of spikes or rocks end up on my side once glimmora shenanigans are over. I have Throat Chop over Crunch as it completely shuts down the torch song crocodile. Sacred Sword Tera fighting does surprising amounts of damage and allows chien to take 1 hit from full from a variety of sources (it can swap in and beat unscarfed goldfish variants if already tera'd) and live at ~3% instead of dying (hence the hdb). the only thing it really struggles with is that it is unable to kill Great Tusk from full, but it should not be at full because of gimmora.

The Breloom himself is here and does suprisingly well despite the massive speed creep due to technician mach punch being able to shred the abundance of dark types. Spore and bullet seed allow it to handle Dodonzo even when cursed due to the high probability that it will crit at least once, and mach punch also kills Roaring Moon and Chi-Yu after rocks. it can spore something else when there is no dodonzo and swords dance to be able to do some wacky things with bullet seed and mach punch. with some spore predicts and some sleep luck it can even take down corv. He can do so many more things as well but I have listed the main examples already. I love this little fella

Banded Dragapult is the big boy here and this team really centers around getting rid of the dark types so that pult can Tera Ghost and just click the button until win. scarfed mons are an issue, but there are 4 other mons that all have the tools to remove them before they get to pult. it also has sucker punch and u turn, as well as dragon darts for stab if you have already tera'd something else, but from my exparience in game this thing either teras and sweeps or it pivots once and then is used as a sack.

Gholdengo is here to kick ass and prevent hazard clearing, and he is all outta ass. cheesehead here can also trick its scarf to cripple something but there really isnt anything special that it does outside of being one of the top 3 mons in the tier right now and a must have on every team.

Corv just does corv things and the only thing I want to note is that it can swap into most iron valiants and live a thunderbolt and retaliate with a brave bird kill. other than that it just ties up a few loose ends and can do some funny defog mindgames before it reveals its set

I do want to mention that glimmora can be easily taken advantage of by some teams to setup and sweep from turn 3 like the new water starter and hattrenne, as well as espathra. that is why I am experimenting with garchomp as a hazard lead. exactly one flinch from iron head wins against hatrenne and it also brings some much needed ground coverage to the team that it otherwise lacks since glimmora is not supposed to make it past turn 5. I have only done like 10 games with chomp so that is why I am just mentioning both instead of posting just the glimmora team or the garchomp variant.

thanks for the read!

Last edited:
Very good team, using double U-turn and voltswitch to switch in Chi-Yu is a really good idea,
but this team still has some problems:
First, because of the sunlight, Chi-Yu is also a popular pokemon for other people to use, when the sunrise, opponent's Chi-Yu is really hard to guard, Sandy Shocks,Corviknight, Slither Wing, and Gholdengo will be taken down by one hit, only Torkoal and Chi-Yuthe resist Fire type, but you know that under the sun, they also will be taken down by 2 hits, and they are the sole of this team, so they can not switch in, then this team will be very easy to destroy.
Second, the gen9 OU environment has a lot of boosting teams, such as Espathra、Volcarona、Dragonite, they will not only increase their SpA or Atk, but they also increase their speed and/or defense, this team does not have a good method to solve this problem, scarf is still slow after one boost, no pokemon can counter this situation.

Third, a lot of hazard teams cause a lot damage on Fire-type pokemons, hazard+ Gholdengo will be a problem for this team to clean Stealth Rock, toxic spikes, and spikes. it is a big pressure on Torkoal.

Here I suggest some pokemons you can think about it, but I still didn't find good way;
Roaring Moon, this pokemon has a good type to counter fire pokemon ( except Chi-Yu, which is still a problem) and also can use U-turn.
Espeon, Espeon can be a shield to solve the problem of the hazard team, and Espeon has Fairy type skill can take down dragon pokemon, and probably can solve the problem of boosting team( Not sure)
Scovillain, a very fast pokemon under the sun, and fire/grass type + tera type ice with tera blast can take down most of the pokemon.

You can think about these pokemon, and I will keep studying the sun team, welcome to communicate.
What would you recommend switching on the team? Roaring Moon's a great idea and running a banded one plus adjusting EVs on it to let speed get boosted in sun can let me do the same thing I'm doing with Sandy Shocks; be a two-in-one choiced pokemon that hits really hard when sun's up. Espeon I'm a bit shaky on since while that does solve the hazard issue, I'm not really sure what to switch with. Gholdengo's the best bet imo, but I'm aware of how good that thing is compared to Espeon, that and I'm unsure what to run on it besides maybe Calm Mind. Scovillain I may look into maybe changing Sliver Wing for, but then I'm down a pivot and lacking priority for stuff like Chien-Pao, which was the reason I chose to run the bugger in the first place lol

Although I guess if I'm gonna replace Chi-Yu with banded Roaring Moon, that'll fix the pivot issue, but something with priority remains an issue. Heard priority's common rn considering how fast some of these mons are. Thinking Chi-Yu since from my experiences, Sandy Shocks is a hidden gem and has been awesome on this team (have used it more than Chi-Yu, and it beats Chi-Yu 1v1 if I manage to get it in safely, so it hasn't been as big of an issue to deal with. The only way Chi-Yu wins on Sandy Shocks is if Sandy switches in on it or Chi-Yu has a scarf when sun isn't active for Sandy Shocks to abuse for speed boosts. Then again, I'm only at 1200 on ladder, so take that as you will), so I really don't want to remove it.

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
figured id post these two because theyre public else where anyway

:gholdengo::great-tusk::ting-lu::iron-valiant::dragonite::rotom-wash:
https://pokepast.es/461a3e09dcc84547
ENite + Valiant Spikes

Recently added OU Room Sample. Really fun team that takes advantage of spikes to make progress against mixed valiants and ENites checks as they are more suited as cleaners than breakers but when paired together with spikes they break down each other's weaknesses as its hard to pivot around both with spikes + strong moves. scarf np ghold to fix up the fat mu, add another speed control, and to keep spikes up forever. tusk for general removal since valiant hates spikes, I have the offensive spin set here to put pressure on opposing setters and removal. Team doesnt suffer from lack of defensive tusk since it plays really fast anyway. Ting-Lu lives forever blah blah blah. Washer to round out the teams type weaknesses and to spread wisp on the brokens.

:cyclizar::grimmsnarl::roaring-moon::espathra::dragonite::annihilape:
https://pokepast.es/824a222184de58e7
DragSpam ShedPass HO

this is an oldish (pre-revival blessing) screens ho i slapped together pretty quickly, its just all the brokens. works as well as you'd expected when you put the best sweepers in the tier behind a sub and screens lol. really generic structure, tried flame charge chi yu and volcarona in the dnite slot as well but I liked having the espeed to bail me out.

yes i am now calling dnite with normal tera espeed enite, shit is a discount ekiller.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)