Resource SV OU Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

SetsuSetsuna

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Peaked at 2002 and got reqs with this wonky team.

:Great Tusk::Baxcalibur::Dragonite::Kingambit::Cinderace::Hatterene:
Choice Scarf Cinderace + Choice Specs Dragonite Offense

Black Glasses Tera Dark Kingambit + Life Orb Baxcalibur are the main breakers of the team, with Hatterene providing Healing Wish support mostly for them. Choice Specs Dragonite is the special backbone of the team, with Multiscale helping the team bulkwise (hence why not Mence). Choice Scarf Cinderace is the main speed control and one of the fastest Pokemon in the tier, faster than +2 Polteageist, +1 Iron Valiant, +1 Iron Treads, +1 Iron Jugulis, and neutral Greninja and Meowscarada. Grea Tusk rounds up the team and provides extra hazard removal support. Some more specific notes:

Cinderace: Outspeeds everything I mentioned above. Notably nice in switching into Iron Valiant once. You can switch into Booster, bait it to stay and OHKO it with Gunk. Tera Fighting powers up the Fighting-type move, resists Sucker Punch, neutral to Eq. I've been trying Low Kick instead of HJK for the acc, and since you dont need the extra power against most things you are clicking it against.

Kingambit: EVs are to live a Flamethower from Specs Pult which happened exactly once. Probably worth going Max Speed instead.

Baxcalibur: Tera Fairy is immune to Dragon-type attacks such as Walking Wake's and Dragapult's Draco Meteor and resists Sucker Punch. Life Orb lets it 3HKO Dondozo and OHKO Kingambit at +1.

Dragonite: Specs is a nice surprise most of the time, lures in Great Tusk, Rotom-W, Dondozo and Skeledirge for the physical attackers to take advantage of. Tera Steel lets it resists Dragon-, Fairy-, Ice- and Normal-type moves. Multiscale is nice but so is the ground immunity, sometimes you can go hard into it against Tusk if you predict an Eq or CC.

Hatterene: Tera Grass removes most of its weaknesses (not Poison), resists Water, and resists Ground. Resisting Water and Ground can be good against Walking Wake, Quaquaval, rain, and even Great Tusk is you are weak. Don't be afraid to click tera! Sometimes its worth pulling the HWish off.

Great Tusk: Offensive Rapid Spinner. Close Combat and Ice Spinner let it handle Dragonite and Roaring Moon that can sometimes be annoying. heavy-Duty Boots is specially neat for Toxic Spikes. Tera Water helps vs Walking Wake, Quaquaval and Rain

vs Stall: Kingambit + Bax + Healing Wish should do very well against it. Try Kingambit -> Baxcalibur -> Kingambit. Dont be afraid to Tera Kingambit early. Do know that bad luck early on will just mess you up and you won't be able to come back. You gotta play this very well, its super doable and all the times I lost I could tell it was cause of my own mistakes or not following the gameplan.

vs Glimmora: Lead Glimmora is kinda rough. Depending on mu I sometimes just lead Baxcalibur and trade (try to flinch it:)). This might be a good reason to try Dragapult or Salamence, but you know, I like Multiscale and the Ground immunity.

vs Quaquaval: Insanely rough mu, specially bulky ones. Dont be afraid to tera Tusk or Hatt if it means you wont lose. Pray you land your Hurricames.

vs Dragapult: This is alr, but can be annoying to lead against. Don't be afraid to lead with Dnite or Kingambit to see what they are trying to do.

Last edited:
peaked 1700 I guess and then I got bored. it works fine against sun/walking wake.

:glimmora: suicide lead. tera ghost to keep hazards vs tusk, but i rarely click it. energy ball>spikes are fine too.
:iron-valiant: SD because I think it is fun. mixed works too.
:dragonite: offensive DD. really good 'mon right now.
:kingambit: standard with tera flying to alleviate matchup against tusk.
:gholdengo: air balloon because team lacks ground immunities.
:volcarona: standard quiver dance. benefits from all the breakers.

threats are garganacl, dragapult and i'm sure there are some more. hf!

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
:Garganacl: :Toxapex: :Great Tusk: :Dragonite: :Gholdengo: :Iron Leaves:
Double Trapping BO

I made a RMT and I just want to share it everywhere, I think its a cool team, if you want more explanation just click the link

:Toxapex: is trapper 1, infestation + toxic + covert cloak + 4 speed eves creeps the base 106 and 52 speed reene.

:Garganacl: trapper 2, block, curse and salt cure equals wincon, dark for HO cheese

:Great tusk: rocker and spinner, mandatory as always

:Dragonite: sweeper and flying type

:Gholdengo: cleaner, stall breaker, ghost type, lots of utility

:Iron Leaves: Immediate balance breaker thanks to choice band

https://pokepast.es/6a7aa88120717e9c

Roller K

I let my nuts hang
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Lorb Zoroark SubPass
:sv/orthworm: :sv/zoroark-hisui: :sv/kingambit: :sv/dragonite: :sv/volcarona: :sv/hatterene:
https://pokepast.es/b434400b22da3515

This team got me 150 elo and back up to nearly 1700s after struggling to build a good team in the current meta, so I thought I would share it here. Zoroark can bluff as any Pokemon on the team and pick up free kills in order to open up the rest of the team! Replays below.

:orthworm: Orthworm is the bread and butter of the team. Shed Tail is amazing, and Orthworm is often able to get the move off successfully if positioned well. Beyond its obvious benefit in passing a Substitute for the many set-up sweepers on the team, it also creates even more mind games with Zoroark. For example, they may switch to their dedicated physical wall on what they think is a Dragonite/Kingambit behind a Substitute, then you get a free Nasty Plot with Zoroark and put a lot of pressure. Min speed is to ensure that Orthworm underspeeds Corviknight and gets a safe pass to a Pokemon without worrying about U-turn.

:zoroark-hisui: Hisuian Zoroark really messes with opponents. It can bluff as Orthworm/Kingambit and be immune to a Fighting hit. It can bluff as Dragonite/Hatterene and be immune to a Ghost hit. It can even bluff as Volcarona and outspeed certain Pokemon that fall in between the speed tiers. Zoroark is the primary form of speed control on the team. Life Orb Nasty Plot allows Zoroark to hit extremely hard, set up if behind a sub, and switch up moves to keep pressure. Flamethrower is preferred over Focus Blast since it still does big damage to Corviknight/Kingambit and is 100% accurate.

:kingambit: Kingambit is fairly standard. It mainly serves as a late-game cleaner or a revenge killer with Sucker Punch. This set is subject to change, but I like Air Balloon with Tera Fire. Air Balloon is nice for certain Pokemon that rely on Earthquake to hit Steel-types, like Baxcalibur, Dragonite, and Iron Treads. Low Kick is nice for opposing Kingambit and other matchups, though running Black Glasses and Kowtow Cleave could be the preferred route for you. Tera Fire is especially nice against Volcarona and Will-O-Wisp Dragapult which can cause problems for the team.

:dragonite: Dragonite is a fairly straightforward set. Like Kingambit, access to Extreme Speed makes up for the lack of speed control on the team. Outrage is the highlight of the set, though, as not many people anticipate it. However, it is so strong and can break teams really well. Just make sure to use Tera Normal before using Outrage if you want to not be weak to Dragon or Fairy revenge killers, since you cannot tera during Outrage.

:volcarona: Volcarona is another straightforward set-up sweeper. Bug Buzz is quite nice and fairly powerful. Tera Grass Giga Drain is fairly standard, but it is still really appreciated to resist certain moves and gain health. It also helps against Dondozo which can be problematic for the team.

:hatterene: Hatterene is the team's form of hazard control as well as another set-up sweeper if against the right team. Nuzzle is so valuable since it provides speed control and a chance to stun the target, thus giving the team free set up opportunities. The special EVs are to tank 2 Flamethrowers from an offensive Volcarona and be able to Nuzzle it (I just made this change, so it will not be reflected in the replays). The speed EVs are to outspeed uninvested Amoonguss as well as opposing Hatterene.

Feel free to use it and let me know what you think! Any criticism is welcome.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1827068895 Orthworm bluff is nice against Grimmsnarl lead to bait Taunt/Reflect.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1827079950 Speed-boosted WW Sun is pretty difficult. Once WW comes in, always sack Volcarona on the Hydro Steam and immediately set up with Dragonite. From there, do your best to break the opposing team down with Dragonite.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1827082431 My Zoroark is just better...! Also, Orthworm is the switch-in to Garganacl.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1827093387 Hatterene putting in that work.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1827095413 Tough matchup. Skeledirge is problematic for the team, which is the only reason I would suggest Kowtow Cleave over Low Kick on Kingambit so it can Tera Fire and beat it. Maybe use HDB on that set? Otherwise, I outplayed the hell out of that opposing King.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1827100348 2% of the time, I win 100% of the time. A shame, but I'm still proud of how I played, especially the aggressive tera turn 1 which really opened up Kingambit and Dragonite.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1827107811 Iron Valiant is quite scary, but there's enough counterplay on the team to be okay.

Got reqs with this unintentionally hazardless team

:sv/great tusk: :bw/rotom-wash: :garganacl: :sv/slither wing: :ss/cinderace: :bw/dragonite:

https://pokepast.es/0dec3550cd96d771

The basic idea i started the team with was to overload tusk( as everybody and their mum is using it ); now doing so isnt that tough.
Tusk usually likes to switch into mons like opposing tusks and slither wings thinking it can take some hits and play around with hazards, but here's the catch both of these mons are banded and aim to maximize damage doing a minimum of lil over 40 with close combat.
252 Atk Choice Band Slither Wing Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 180-213 (41.4 - 49%).
And as tusk has no recovery it very much has two switches and u have two banded mons to catch it off.

Now the two approaches that u can take against different teams.

somewhat bulkier- They will usually have another physical mon seeing how tusk gets chipped out, these include the likes of skeledirges, corvis, amogus etc. Against them u decide which mon u want to use to chip tusk, ie u dont wanna use ur banded tusk to do so when the opponent has a healthy skeledirge or the same goes for cinderace/slither when the oppo have a healthy amogus/corv.
( 252 Atk Choice Band Slither Wing Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 212-250 (53.1 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery )

offensive:
we have dual priority in form of sucker cindy (court change for glimmora and stuff asw) and extreme speed dnite as well as garg which in tandem with each other should let u play on good terms against the frailer counterpart.

the not so good part: I think the team does struggle a bit against weather, u essentially have to terra water your garg and still have to play a little carefull especially against walking wake which with some sets (substitute) and correct predictions can absolutely thrash the team (although wake does struggle to switch into us.)

Last edited:

Roller K

I let my nuts hang
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Tera Bug Defensive Moon BO
:sv/roaring-moon: :sv/dondozo: :sv/clodsire: :sv/gholdengo: :sv/cinderace: :sv/meowscarada:
https://pokepast.es/b34dc929240292ed

This team just got me back into top 500 after being stuck in 1500s hell, so I thought I would share it here. Roaring Moon can bait in certain Pokemon that would normally check it, trap them with Jaw Lock, and set up with ease! Replays below.

:roaring-moon: Roaring Moon is the star of the team. Normally, a bulkier set-up Roaring Moon opts for special bulk since it has much better special bulk than physical bulk and can switch in on special attacks (mainly Shadow Ball). That tends to be better for most sets, but I really wanted to go down the trapping route with Jaw Lock. Most opponents will bring in and/or stay in with a physically defensive Pokemon, and they typically run physical attacking moves. With a physically defensive Roaring Moon, it can shrug off most of those hits with ease and trap the opponent. Tera Bug and Tera Flying are very similar defensively, but I went for Bug since there's no overlap in weaknesses between Roaring Moon's original type and Bug type (with Flying, there would be a shared Ice weakness). It can trap and set up on so many Pokemon, just be careful when using Jaw Lock since it traps you as well. As for the Attack and Speed stats, no investment is needed; you can often get multiple Dragon Dances off, not to mention the base stats for each are high enough to still be potent uninvested.

:dondozo: Dondozo is a straightforward set that can wall most physical attackers and set-up sweepers. Tera Fairy is a nice defensive tera that allows a check to CB Dragonite with Outrage or CB Baxcalibur, both of which can overwhelm the entire team. I put the double Unaware core on the team in case Roaring Moon traps a Pokemon and gets set up on (e.g. Bulk Up Great Tusk, DD Dragonite/Baxcalibur, Kingambit).

:clodsire: Clodsire is the special wall of the team. Tera Dark is essential for beating Psyspam teams, and it does a great job of doing so. Once I decided to add Cinderace to the team, I decided to test out hazardless Clod, and it has been so useful. Toxic + Protect is a really potent combo, not just for stacking up damage but also for scouting Choice-locked or potentially mixed Pokemon (e.g. Iron Valiant).

:gholdengo: Gholdengo is a Steel-type that fires off powerful attacks and serves to check Garganacl. Boring but effective.

:cinderace: Cinderace is the hazard control of the team. It still offers a solid offensive presence, speed control, priority in Sucker Punch, and pivoting to Roaring Moon or a wall with U-turn.

:meowscarada: Meowscarada completes the Fire-Water-Grass core of the team and is a nice breaker. It gives more speed control to the team, the ability to remove items, another way to ignore set-up Pokemon with Flower Trick, valuable Fairy coverage in Play Rough, and pivoting with U-turn.

Feel free to use it and let me know what you think! Any criticism is welcome.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1831121421 Roaring Moon is able to trap and remove Rotom-Wash, and even while burned, it still beats Kingambit thanks to the physical bulk.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1831304834 Gholdengo go brrrr against funky stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1831309390 Roaring Moon is able to trap Glimmora, get +6 with ease, remove 3 Pokemon for the cost of 1 and a tera, and ultimately wall the remaining Pokemon with Dondozo and Clodsire.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1831430596 Tera Dark Clodsire saving the day against Psyspam. I'm still amazed how Roaring Moon lived a Close Combat from Great Tusk. The defense EVs came through
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1831435926 The opponent choked the game away, fortunately for me. Toxic on Great Tusk hurt me more than I thought it would, so I should have been more mindful with the end game and how to put myself in a better position to win.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1831447069 Roaring Moon baits in and traps Torkoal so easily. Even if Roaring Moon were to get burned, it will still get to +6 and be at essentially +2 while eliminating Sun entirely and putting great pressure on the opposing team.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1831453025-34c9htzk1a5a9fyytm1x57c6fsj5bezpw I kind of played poorly that game, but I had to flex my Sucker Punch swag. Also, Tera Fire Cinderace ensures that Orthworm will not get off a Shed Tail, so that can come into play in some games like this.

Bax-Valiant Bulky Offence

1680523644803.png
1680523661457.png
1680523673216.png
1680523679220.png
1680523687304.png
1680523693283.png

(click here for team)

Here's a fun team I made around the strong offensive core of band baxcalibur and specs iron valiant. Bax and valiant are two of the most potent attacking mons in the meta right now, and synergise well to threaten most of the tier. It's a simple bulky offence team, with bax and valiant acting as wallbreakers; slowking, amoonguss and corviknight forming a solid defensive core, and scarf great tusk providing speed and hazard control.

1680522013412.png

Band baxcalibur is one of the strongest mons in the tier and forces progress every time it comes in. Standard set with earthquake for coverage and ice shard for priority. Use slowking and amoonguss to pivot into this as much as possible.

1680522034078.png

Specs iron valiant threatens the likes of dondozo and phys def garganacl who can check bax. Psyshock and thunderbolt provide coverage for clodside / amoonguss and corviknight respectively. Trick is useful for shutting down walls like toxapex, but you can also run a fourth coverage move such as shadow ball or aura sphere if you prefer.

1680522048055.png

Slowking is the team's special wall. Chilly reception enables you to pivot into bax and valiant safely. Tera water removes your ghost weakness allowing you to check gholdengo / dragapult, while covert cloak enables you to switch in on garganacl.

1680522067804.png

Amoonguss is the team's first physical wall. Provides a lot of usfeul resistances, switching into the likes of meowscarada, azumarill, rotom-wash and iron valiant. Use this to tank a hit and pivot into your attackers.

1680522125053.png

Bulk up corviknight serves as a blanket check to several setup sweepers, including dragonite, roaring moon, baxcalibur and bulk up great tusk. Tera water makes you resist baxcalibur's ice stab and the occasional fire punch dragonite. The speed evs are to speed creep kingambit and KO with body press.

1680522140934.png

Finally, scarf great tusk provides speed and hazard control. A lot of players don't expect scarf, which you can take advantage of to get KOs on the likes of cinderace and dragapult. Stealth rock may seem odd but it does the job and I couldn't fit it anywhere else. You can run another coverage move such as ice spinner or knock off if you prefer.

Enjoy

HO Kingambit&Gallade Double Switch Hazards

Full Team (PokePaste)

This team is mainly focused on setting up hazards and then switch to Hyper Offense pokemon like Azumarill with Belly Drum or Gallade with Sharpness and Life Orb. With the double hazard/switching pokemon, Iron Moth and Hydreigon, you can set up hazards and then switch with U-Turn to another pokemon. With Whirlwind you can force the opponent to switch to another mon, if you are losing too much HP with one opposing mon. Try focusing on setting up as much hazards as you can and then switching and dealing as much damage as possible. It's a really fun team to play.

1LDK

is a Top Team Rater
Endless Line, a Baxcalibur BO

https://pokepast.es/067dce24b4f0b0c7 the pokepaste
:Baxcalibur: is a dragon dancer with Loaded dice, that means sweeps, sweeps and more sweeps

:Meowscarada: with a choice scarf is a great cleaner and has some dps of her own

:Gholdengo: with specs is a wall breaker and can potentially stall break with dps + trick and recover

:great tusk: is mandatory lmao spins

:rotom-wash: walking wake check, utility with double status rotom and stab for maximum trolling

:Iron moth: can potentially sweep with agility + lucky fiery dance boosts, psychic and sludge wave for general coverage

fully and better explained on the RMT

1LDK

is a Top Team Rater
A weird ass zoo rain team

If you have a rain team on your builder, I want you to tell me how many animal like mons are in there, its kinda sad that Sun has THICCRenee and rain has frogs and stuff, anyway, this team does not have a RMT, so I'll explain things a bit further here this team

:Pelipper:
Rain setter lmao

:Great Tusk:
I know tera fire on rain sounds dumb, but so is Iron Valiant's damage output, so being able to just 2HKO with eq while not thinking about shit is gratifying. It's fucking tusk, idk what to explain

:Amoonguss:
AMOONGUS, MAKE IT STOP, AAAHHH. Anyway, free spore, and some bulky utility with eject button, so that you can bounce to one of the 3 rain abusers you have and call it a day, and the other moves are utility to reach some stuff here and there

:Dragonite:
Rain abuser 1, I stole this set from the best next thing category and man, this thing is so ass that it actually does the full cycle and becomes god tier, most rain counters like tera water garga, tera water tusk, clodsire, dondozo and stuff get trashed around by this set, and its bulky too even when no bulk investment, try to use this when rain is up or else your basically gonna shoot yourself with the hurricane ratio

:Toxicroak:
Rain abuser 2: I know I could get more by putting Kingambit here or whatever, but this thing is so satisfying when it works, it checks azumarill, gambit, breloom, can potentially put dnite on a timer, garga is forced to tera, corvi can only take 1 +2 Drain punch (it ohkos with brave bird, but you can chip it) and also checks walking wake (blocks stabs with fairy, gets fucked by flamethrower) and dragapult with tera fairy and sucker punch, although I think dark is overall better for stronger priority

:Floatzel:
Rain abuser 3, the first 2 require brainpower, this is fucking floatzel, it out speeds 99% of relevant stuff in rain, so you can actually get away with putting some bulk in it, I stole this set from the Baloor rain team that got posted on smogon, so he probably knows best

https://pokepast.es/c104c53b1c42dcc7

Here's the pokepaste
:Pelipper: :great tusk: :Amoonguss: :Dragonite: :Toxicroak: :Floatzel:

lets see if this bring some life here, anyway bye

A weird ass zoo rain team

If you have a rain team on your builder, I want you to tell me how many animal like mons are in there, its kinda sad that Sun has THICCRenee and rain has frogs and stuff, anyway, this team does not have a RMT, so I'll explain things a bit further here this team

:Pelipper:
Rain setter lmao

:Great Tusk:
I know tera fire on rain sounds dumb, but so is Iron Valiant's damage output, so being able to just 2HKO with eq while not thinking about shit is gratifying. It's fucking tusk, idk what to explain

:Amoonguss:
AMOONGUS, MAKE IT STOP, AAAHHH. Anyway, free spore, and some bulky utility with eject button, so that you can bounce to one of the 3 rain abusers you have and call it a day, and the other moves are utility to reach some stuff here and there

:Dragonite:
Rain abuser 1, I stole this set from the best next thing category and man, this thing is so ass that it actually does the full cycle and becomes god tier, most rain counters like tera water garga, tera water tusk, clodsire, dondozo and stuff get trashed around by this set, and its bulky too even when no bulk investment, try to use this when rain is up or else your basically gonna shoot yourself with the hurricane ratio

:Toxicroak:
Rain abuser 2: I know I could get more by putting Kingambit here or whatever, but this thing is so satisfying when it works, it checks azumarill, gambit, breloom, can potentially put dnite on a timer, garga is forced to tera, corvi can only take 1 +2 Drain punch (it ohkos with brave bird, but you can chip it) and also checks walking wake (blocks stabs with fairy, gets fucked by flamethrower) and dragapult with tera fairy and sucker punch, although I think dark is overall better for stronger priority

:Floatzel:
Rain abuser 3, the first 2 require brainpower, this is fucking floatzel, it out speeds 99% of relevant stuff in rain, so you can actually get away with putting some bulk in it, I stole this set from the Baloor rain team that got posted on smogon, so he probably knows best

https://pokepast.es/c104c53b1c42dcc7

Here's the pokepaste
:Pelipper: :great tusk: :Amoonguss: :Dragonite: :Toxicroak: :Floatzel:

lets see if this bring some life here, anyway bye

1682829757370.png

I have a promise to fulfill.

:glimmora: :gholdengo: :dragonite: :great_tusk: :iron_valiant: :Kingambit: Click on sprites for Importable

After Shed Tail got banned, I suspected a common playstyle that would return is the core of Glimmora/Gholdengo. I peaked around 1850-1900 with this HO team, but I couldn't get any higher, partly due to this wasn't a team that I felt I could succeed with as well, and secondly because it has some really bad matchups. (just forfeit if you load into stall) But it's a very fun team, with some fun sets so I thought I'd share it here. It has potential as well, so feel free to build around some of the cores/sets in this team. Shoutout to MAVERICK SHOOTERS for helping w this team as well, he's one of my favourite teambuilders this generation and a great player!

:glimmora: - dedicated lead except for certain matchups where tusk might be better, set up rocks, spread status with mortal spin if necessary, damage opposing leads with coverage in sludge wave and energy ball, you know the deal.
:gholdengo: - on an HO team, I really wanted to use a spinblocker who can gain momentum. I realized Eject Pack Gholdengo is excellent at gaining momentum in this metagame and it's IMO one of Gholdengos best attributes even if it's fallen off in the past months, it certainly has a use case here.
:great_tusk: - unorthodox set, bulk up + booster energy. idea is to have fast hazard control to provide the support band dnite needs. Bulk Up catches a lot of people off guard and can damage opposing offence hard. I talk more about this set on the metagame thread HERE
:dragonite: - band dnite, huge cleaner, huge wallbreaker, absolute beautiful specimen on HO teams
:iron_valiant: - one of the best sweepers in the metagame, takes advantage of the momentum gholdengo provides. ghost tera is super helpful against opposing dnite
:kingambit: - u guys know what he does already. I find iron head is more useful than low kick on this team but you can always go for low kick over iron head. kingambit just wins games

enjoy and i hope you have fun with this team

Glaceon + Trick Room Lagging Tail Slowking Balance
nicknames::glaceon::slowking::kingambit::great tusk::cinderace::corviknight:
w/o nicknames::glaceon::slowking::kingambit::great tusk::cinderace::corviknight:

Been using this in the 1900s and wanted to share before HOME is released and Glaceon falls back into obscurity.

:glaceon:
Glaceon's Blizzard in Snow is one of the strongest no-drawback moves in the game. Paired with Freeze-Dry and Shadow Ball, pre-Tera Glaceon has a chance to 2HKO every OU threat except Blissey and bulky Iron Moth, Volcarona, and Kingambit. Thanks to Freeze-Dry being an insane move, Tera Ice boosts both its STAB and its best coverage move. A 1.5x Def boost and Ice Body recovery in Snow give Glaceon surprising longevity. 68 HP lives +1 252 Baxcalibur Glaive Rush after Stealth Rock and Ice Body while 188 Spe outspeeds Rotom-Wash and slow Great Tusk.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Blizzard vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Cinderace: 187-221 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Blizzard vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Walking Wake: 346-408 (101.1 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 169-200 (49.5 - 58.6%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Freeze-Dry vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 254-302 (64.6 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Freeze-Dry vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Toxapex: 186-218 (61.3 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 244+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 260-308 (85.5 - 101.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skeledirge: 248-294 (60.3 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 310-366 (98.4 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

+1 252 Atk Baxcalibur Glaive Rush vs. 68 HP / 0 Def Glaceon in Snow: 196-232 (68 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Ice Body recovery
252 Atk Great Tusk Close Combat vs. 68 HP / 0 Def Glaceon in Snow: 242-288 (84 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

:slowking:
I've used Slowking a lot and noticed I rarely ever click Future Sight. In its place, I chose Trick Room for a late-game option to turn the tables on fast, offensive teams. Lagging Tail gives free entry after a Trick Room because Chilly Reception, unlike Teleport, is not negative priority. It also has the nice side effects of punishing Trick and guaranteeing a slow pivot against other Slowking.

:kingambit:
Bulky Swords Dance Kingambit with Tera Fire for burn, Iron Moth, Volcarona, and Skeledirge. It's threatening under Trick Room, although Glaceon is typically better. Also gives the team a much needed Ghost resist. 236 HP for Leftovers and 8 Spe for slow Kingambit and Azumarill outside Trick Room.

:great tusk:
Standard physically defensive Great Tusk. 244/196+ for +2 252+ Ceruledge Bitter Blade, 52 Spe for Garchomp at +1 and Dragapult at +2. Tera Dragon for Floatzel and Pokémon with Fire/Grass coverage like Breloom and Brute Bonnet.

:cinderace:
Bulky Cinderace helps Great Tusk and Corviknight beat physical attackers 85% of the time. 244/24 for +1 252+ Volcarona Flamethrower after Tera Flying on Tera Blast Ground. This has never come into play and I doubt it ever will, but I still appreciate the extra bulk over the 224/0/0 set for Iron Valiant's Specs Shadow Ball and Rotom-Wash's Hydro Pump.

:corviknight:
Standard physically defensive Corviknight. Relaxed for slow U-turn because it's the team's best switch to opposing Corviknight. Outspeeds 20 Spe Kingambit. Tera Flying for Close Combat from Choice Band Great Tusk, Breloom, and Iron Valiant, letting you avoid the 2HKO and OHKO back with Brave Bird.

(a lot of) Replays:
vs. 1830 :meowscarada::zoroark-hisui::corviknight::clodsire::slowking::dondozo: (Glaceon KOs 4/4, no Trick Room)
vs. 1935 :meowscarada::sandy shocks::gholdengo::baxcalibur::azumarill::iron moth: (3/6, TR)
vs. 1962 :gallade::kingambit::great tusk::amoonguss::slowking::iron valiant: (3/6, no TR)
vs. 1846 :hawlucha::indeedee::polteageist::armarouge::hatterene::iron treads: (0/6, TR)
vs. 1798 :alomomola::toxapex::dondozo::volcarona::clodsire::blissey: (2/3, no TR)
vs. 1715 :baxcalibur::great tusk::slowking::iron valiant::ting-lu::breloom: (4/6, TR)
vs. 1993 :baxcalibur::ting-lu::gholdengo::great tusk::rotom-wash::dragapult: (1/4, no TR)
vs. 1879 :kingambit::iron moth::glimmora::dragapult::iron valiant::great tusk: (0/6, no TR)
vs. 1751 :dragonite::garchomp::kingambit::iron moth::gholdengo::walking wake: (3/6, TR)
vs. 1750 :iron valiant::great tusk::iron moth::baxcalibur::ting-lu::corviknight: (4/4, no TR)
vs. 1805 :dragonite::toxapex::dragapult::garganacl::kingambit::great tusk: (1/3, no TR)
vs. 1955 :maushold::zoroark-hisui::slowking::great tusk::kingambit::amoonguss: (0/3, no TR)

Last edited:
Glaceon + Trick Room Lagging Tail Slowking Balance
nicknames::glaceon::slowking::kingambit::great tusk::cinderace::corviknight:
w/o nicknames::glaceon::slowking::kingambit::great tusk::cinderace::corviknight:

Been using this in the 1900s and wanted to share before HOME is released and Glaceon falls back into obscurity.

:glaceon:
Glaceon's Blizzard in Snow is one of the strongest no-drawback moves in the game. Paired with Freeze-Dry and Shadow Ball, pre-Tera Glaceon has a chance to 2HKO every OU threat except Blissey and bulky Iron Moth, Volcarona, and Kingambit. Thanks to Freeze-Dry being an insane move, Tera Ice boosts both its STAB and its best coverage move. A 1.5x Def boost and Ice Body recovery in Snow give Glaceon surprising longevity. 68 HP lives +1 252 Baxcalibur Glaive Rush after Stealth Rock and Ice Body while 188 Spe outspeeds Rotom-Wash and slow Great Tusk.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Blizzard vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Cinderace: 187-221 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Blizzard vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Walking Wake: 346-408 (101.1 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 169-200 (49.5 - 58.6%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Freeze-Dry vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 254-302 (64.6 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Freeze-Dry vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Toxapex: 186-218 (61.3 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 244+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 260-308 (85.5 - 101.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skeledirge: 248-294 (60.3 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 310-366 (98.4 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

+1 252 Atk Baxcalibur Glaive Rush vs. 68 HP / 0 Def Glaceon in Snow: 196-232 (68 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Ice Body recovery
252 Atk Great Tusk Close Combat vs. 68 HP / 0 Def Glaceon in Snow: 242-288 (84 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

:slowking:
I've used Slowking a lot and noticed I rarely ever click Future Sight. In its place, I chose Trick Room for a late-game option to turn the tables on fast, offensive teams. Lagging Tail gives free entry after a Trick Room because Chilly Reception, unlike Teleport, is not negative priority. It also has the nice side effects of punishing Trick and guaranteeing a slow pivot against other Slowking.

:kingambit:
Bulky Swords Dance Kingambit with Tera Fire for burn, Iron Moth, Volcarona, and Skeledirge. It's threatening under Trick Room, although Glaceon is typically better. Also gives the team a much needed Ghost resist. 236 HP for Leftovers and 8 Spe for slow Kingambit and Azumarill outside Trick Room.

:great tusk:
Standard physically defensive Great Tusk. 244/196+ for +2 252+ Ceruledge Bitter Blade, 52 Spe for Garchomp at +1 and Dragapult at +2. Tera Dragon for Floatzel and Pokémon with Fire/Grass coverage like Breloom and Brute Bonnet.

:cinderace:
Bulky Cinderace helps Great Tusk and Corviknight beat physical attackers 85% of the time. 244/24 for +1 252+ Volcarona Flamethrower after Tera Flying on Tera Blast Ground. This has never come into play and I doubt it ever will, but I still appreciate the extra bulk over the 224/0/0 set for Iron Valiant's Specs Shadow Ball and Rotom-Wash's Hydro Pump.

:corviknight:
Standard physically defensive Corviknight. Relaxed for slow U-turn because it's the team's best switch to opposing Corviknight. Outspeeds 20 Spe Kingambit. Tera Flying for Close Combat from Choice Band Great Tusk, Breloom, and Iron Valiant, letting you avoid the 2HKO and OHKO back with Brave Bird.

(a lot of) Replays:
vs. 1830 :meowscarada::zoroark-hisui::corviknight::clodsire::slowking::dondozo: (Glaceon KOs 4/4, no Trick Room)
vs. 1935 :meowscarada::sandy shocks::gholdengo::baxcalibur::azumarill::iron moth: (3/6, TR)
vs. 1962 :gallade::kingambit::great tusk::amoonguss::slowking::iron valiant: (3/6, no TR)
vs. 1846 :hawlucha::indeedee::polteageist::armarouge::hatterene::iron treads: (0/6, TR)
vs. 1798 :alomomola::toxapex::dondozo::volcarona::clodsire::blissey: (2/3, no TR)
vs. 1715 :baxcalibur::great tusk::slowking::iron valiant::ting-lu::breloom: (4/6, TR)
vs. 1993 :baxcalibur::ting-lu::gholdengo::great tusk::rotom-wash::dragapult: (1/4, no TR)
vs. 1879 :kingambit::iron moth::glimmora::dragapult::iron valiant::great tusk: (0/6, no TR)
vs. 1751 :dragonite::garchomp::kingambit::iron moth::gholdengo::walking wake: (3/6, TR)
vs. 1750 :iron valiant::great tusk::iron moth::baxcalibur::ting-lu::corviknight: (4/4, no TR)
vs. 1805 :dragonite::toxapex::dragapult::garganacl::kingambit::great tusk: (1/3, no TR)
vs. 1955 :maushold::zoroark-hisui::slowking::great tusk::kingambit::amoonguss: (0/3, no TR)
Great team! Running into this on ladder was always a struggle, just a super solid team with a lot of tricks up its sleeve. I experimented with the team a bit myself too and it feels great.

My take on Spikes Chesnaught + Roar Wake : https://pokepast.es/afc39b20dd1d0f5c

I feel like this is definitely a 1700s / tournament worthy team, and I encourage players to give it a whirl.

I can't take credit for the whole thing, since it's based off another team from an OU chat moderator that also had NaughtWake.
There are quite a bit of specifics why certain sets are the way they are, and in terms of changing Teras, probably Chesnaught's and Gholdengo's could be played around with.

Please feel free to ask questions, and if people could post a replay of using it, I'd love to see that!

Last edited:

1LDK

is a Top Team Rater

My take on Spikes Chesnaught + Roar Wake : https://pokepast.es/afc39b20dd1d0f5c

I feel like this is definitely a 1700s / tournament worthy team, and I encourage good players to give it a whirl.

I can't take credit for the whole thing, since it's based off another team from an OU chat moderator that also had NaughtWake.
There are quite a bit of specifics why certain sets are the way they are, and in terms of changing Teras, probably Chesnaught's and Gholdengo's could be played around with.

Please feel free to ask questions, and if good players could post a replay of using it, I'd love to see that!
Do a RMT and get a million likes,
do it
please
this is heat

I've been using these teams the past week and I've finally managed to get back to the 1700s like I was in previous gens. I figured I'd share them before I inevitably tilt and my ELO tanks.

:Great Tusk: :Baxcalibur: :Roaring Moon: :Zoroark-Hisui: :Kingambit: :Iron Valiant:

Just a fun hyper offense squad. Hisuian Zoroark is very useful for crippling opponents so Roaring Moon and/or Kingambit can sweep. Both those mons are bullshit btw.
this is a lando-t (Great Tusk) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Headlong Rush

ice ice glaivey (Baxcalibur) @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard

jamvad (Roaring Moon) @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

skinwalker (Zoroark-Hisui) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower
- Trick

samurai chair (Kingambit) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fire
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Femboy Prime (Iron Valiant) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

:Torkoal: :Roaring Moon: :Walking Wake: :Great Tusk: :Hatterene: :Ceruledge:

A fairly standard sun team. Specs Wake deletes things and Roaring Moon is speed control. Ceruledge is very fun and a legit threat that serves as Volcarona insurance. Nuzzle could probably be used over Healing Wish on Hatterene.
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Lava Plume
- Rest

Roaring Moon @ Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Steel
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Walking Wake @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Body Press

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire
- Healing Wish

Ceruledge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bitter Blade
- Shadow Sneak
- Solar Blade

:Slowking: :Kingambit: :Meowscarada: :Great Tusk: :Baxcalibur: :Iron Valiant:

A FuturePort (FutureChilling?) team designed to overwhelm Great Tusk and Toxapex among other annoying fat mons in OU. Might try Banded Meow and DD Tera Fairy Bax idk. This is what first got me to 1700 ELO this gen.
Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Slack Off
- Chilly Reception
- Future Sight
- Surf

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Meowscarada @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Flower Trick
- Sucker Punch

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Baxcalibur @ Choice Band
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Glaive Rush
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Iron Valiant @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Electric
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere

:Bellibolt: :Toxapex: :Ting-Lu: :Gholdengo: :Garganacl: :Meowscarada:

I wanted to try building with Bellibolt and somehow I haven't lost with this yet, though I've only used it for a few games. Bellibolt is kinda decent and forces a lot of switches, especially with Soak, so I wanted to pair it with hazard stacking. Pex gives T Spikes and general defensive utility, Ting-Lu is a fat Spiker that beats Gholdengo, Air Balloon Tera Flying Gholdengo to nay nay on Ting-Lu and Great Tusk, Garganacl as a fat rocker that further forces switches, and Meowscarada as a fast pivot with strong priority in Sucker Punch that can remove opponents' Heavy-Duty Boots. I might give Pex Sludge Bomb over Surf because of Hatterene but idk.
mr frog (Bellibolt) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electromorphosis
Bold Nature
- Charge Beam
- Slack Off
- Parabolic Charge
- Soak

big stall (Toxapex) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Surf

ting chilling (Ting-Lu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Ruination
- Whirlwind

giorno (Gholdengo) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain

avg LoL player (Garganacl) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Salt Cure
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

yiff (Meowscarada) @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Flower Trick
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch

https://pokepast.es/fc6d7b342f650f44
Dumping a couple of semistall teams since home got delayed, they're all based around a Scream Tail/Great Tusk core and get pretty formulaic cause this tier is strapped for usable defensive mons unless you go the full stall route. Scream Tail was the main reason I built these since it perfectly supports the best mon in the tier (Tusk) and provides a lot of utility for the rest of the team. Tusk is Tusk, a defensive spread with tera steel goes the distance in a lot of match ups thanks to wish support. A physically defensive unaware mon to handle setup sweepers rounds out the main core, flip a coin and pick Dondozo or Skeledirge cause they're both great here (RIP Quagsire, my boy couldn't keep up with the power creep). There's only 2 viable defensive flyers in the tier, Corviknight and Dragonite (Talonflame is trash and so is everything else), which is needed to cover the big weaknesses of the teams, generally I prefer Corv here as a grass resist that doesn't care about knock off but Dragonite also works to gain some offensive presence. The 5th slot is for a dedicated ghost check since nothing else wants to eat shadow balls, Clodsire Ting-Lu Toxapex Kingambit and Garganacl are the best options. The last spot is where there is some freedom to play around with, pretty much any decently fast and strong mon is a solid pick as long as it doesn't exacerbate any weaknesses, I tended to prefer CB Meow, sub utility Pult, and Scarf 3 attack Ghold for various different reasons.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
hi, we are locking this thread and making a new bazaar for the post home metagame. im going share a few teams of mine that have seen use in world cup just to finish this thread off. these were already posted in my spl dump but just wanted to repost them with their recent use.

:ting-lu::iron-valiant::gholdengo::great-tusk::dragonite::rotom-wash: old sample team that is still good because of how customizable the 6 is. just going to share a generalized version which i think is decent rn. as mentioned, this is super customizable, so something not in these pastes could be just as good. i encourage scouting your opponent and determining what sets work best into those matchups
https://pokepast.es/a6ae2ff2df5522e3
https://pokepast.es/57da0ad5fa96899d
https://pokepast.es/70f56689cd95856f

:baxcalibur::gholdengo::iron-valiant::great-tusk::kingambit::rotom-wash: stareal hit me up because he wanted to use some of my teams from my spl dump, so we some edited some. eject pack tusk is viable here but booster was used in game
https://www.smogon.com/social/totw/svou-choicespecsgholdengo

:dragapult::sandy-shocks::rotom-wash::great-tusk::kingambit::cinderace: same deal as above, cb tusk version and regular. shocks is pretty good rn
https://pokepast.es/28a67f76222d74d8
https://pokepast.es/4c5c3a5d4cc183bd

:kingambit::breloom::rotom-wash::great-tusk::dragapult::cinderace: breloom sample team, loom also gets some nice mus into common fats
https://pokepast.es/a47aa9c104c7b56a

:baxcalibur::dragapult::toxapex::great-tusk::corviknight::cinderace: dragon spam fat that was used a lot. CB and Boots SD bax are good here. added av pex option as well since pult can be hard
https://pokepast.es/556fad9ddd033067
https://pokepast.es/da18f7641c6e1fcd
https://pokepast.es/68d1766d4f278a63
https://pokepast.es/4b03ffc14f382d66

:magnezone::garganacl::gholdengo::dragonite::great-tusk::meowscarada: somebody edited this and used it in tiebreak, this is the og paste from my dump
https://pokepast.es/c3bb6b8b7b649e94

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)