Resource SV OU Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion

Art by Ssensenh / OP Stolen From GMars

Welcome to the Scarlet & Violet OU Bazaar! This thread is for a more casual team-sharing environment than the RMT subforum. Here are the guidelines:

1. Make sure you've playtested your teams if you're sharing them and looking for advice.
2. Provide an importable for your team and a brief description.

That's it! Here's an example post:​

:garchomp::moltres-galar::dragapult::melmetal::volcarona::zeraora:
WOLFMAN (Zeraora) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

DRACULA (Moltres-Galar) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Fiery Wrath
- Hurricane
- Agility

BOOGEYMAN (Dragapult) @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Sucker Punch

GARGOYLE (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake

JACK-O-LANTERN (Volcarona) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Roost

FRANKENSTEIN (Melmetal) @ Protective Pads
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch
- Thunder Wave

this is a pretty fun HO team that fits the "halloween monsters" theme I was going for. this team has some pretty insane synergy, a ton of mons opening opportunities for others to sweep. mixed lead lo chomp allows you to poke holes in the opposing ground types, opening chances for zera to sweep. chomp + melm stress out ferro/skarm/corv for physical pult. molt + chomp + melm overwhelm tran for volc. the one rough mu for this is opposing garchomp, where you have to play conservatively since you cant actually switch anything in. the game plan is to chip it then blast it with sucker pult. i have lum berry on gmolt since it can absorb status and get a free turn but heavy-duty boots can also work since gmolt can take one of prety much anything from chomp at full. weakness policy can work too if you arent worried about all that. i wouldn't spam it for a long period of time due to the chomp mu. something a bit more niche but is a threat is quagsire, you can kinda muscle through it but theres 5 other mons on stall for a reason. i have psychic on volcarona because pex is really nice to get through but you can always drop it for giga drain or use qd 3atks (i hate non roost volc tho) if quagsire becomes that annoying for you. ive found every other mu ive ran into to be pretty playable. i hope everybody enjoys this team as it is super fun to use while maintaining the halloween spirit. s/o ausma for the final edits.

Last edited:
Between the insane power creep of this generation, the nerf to recovery move PP, and many defensive Pokemon losing key moves such as Knock Off, Scald, and Toxic, I was curious to see how stall would fare on the day one ladder. To my surprise, this team managed to get top five pretty easily, and has been far more consistent than any other HO/balance/whatever else I've tried.

Fairy Avalugg Stall

As the name suggests, the team uses Fairy type Avalugg as the dedicated Tera mon in order to check various offensive mons such as Roaring Moon, Iron Valiant, and Chien Pao that would otherwise pose a big threat to stall, while also only leaving two weaknesses to relatively uncommon, easy to cover attacking types. Dropping the Ice type also allows you to use Leftovers instead of Boots, and turns Avalugg into a very solid spinner. Not being reliant on Defog enables me to stack hazards of my own, which is the team's main win condition and a very effective source of pressure thanks to the removal of several key Defoggers, as well as many mons opting for other items instead of Boots. Quag, who got access to both SR and Spikes this gen, is the main hazard setter, and uses its ability to hard wall certain mons in order to get free turns to set them up. Despite losing Scald and Knock, Pex is still Pex, and functions as the team's main Water resist for Palafin and Rain while simultaneously spreading Toxic, something which is a rare commodity in this meta, and helps makes up for the lack of Toxic on Quag. I'd ideally like to run Rocks on Blissey, but Shadow Ball is necessary for setup variants of Flutter Mane and Gholdengo which would otherwise sweep me. Despite having Spin on Avalugg I still prefer Boots on Blissey for consistency across all matchups, particularly those where the opponent has one or more Spinblockers. Meanwhile, Corv serves as a necessary ground immune/backup check to stuff like Kingambit, Iron Treads, and Baxcalibur, with Rocky Helmet being incredibly useful for punishing U-Turns and wearing down Spinners. Despite Roost only having 8 PP, it's also still a very capable PP staller thanks to Pressure. Lastly, Scarf Ditto is a nice scouter, revenge killer, and emergency check vs setup shenanigans, although it can't copy Booster Energy boosts, so there's probably a more optimal mon to run instead - perhaps something with Knock Off in order to get rid of opposing Boots. Overall, the team's still performed solidly despite evidently being rough around the edges, especially in the EV spread department. I encourage you all to give it a try, make modifications as you see fit, and experience for yourself that stall is not nearly as dead on arrival as many people expected :zonger:

Have fun :tyke:

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
ShedPass Hazard Stack Mono New Guys HO
:glimmora::Cyclizar::roaring-moon::chien-pao::flutter-mane::veluza:
https://pokepast.es/fe078b32edff09f2

Second team I built after seeing how goofy the regen shed tail guy was. The general game plan of this team is to get them up, memento, go cyclizar and shed tail into one of your set up guys. You're typically just going out to the best sweeper for whatevers in front of you. I like to go Veluza a lot because it sets up on a lot of the removal and is generally a good mon to poke holes with first. Veluza Terras Into a fighting type to set up on dark types and not get blasted by sucker from mon likes Chien. Roaring Moon uses Terra Steel to resist moonblasts from flutter mane, the 4th move is kind of whatever you want but its important to terra steel to resist fairy. Flutter is CM 3atks, and she terras into a fairy type to more reasonably eat opposing Flutter Shadow Balls safer, I've seen people use Terra Normal as well which works but I like having the boost to my moon blasts. Chien Pao is typically not brought out till end game to clean up. Chien just terras into Dark because it has more utility defensively than ice. Cyclizar set itself can prob be changed, im still testing stuff out and just stole this from astralydia. You can try out different terra types on each mon, I probably will, but I find these to be the most "optimal" for now. I think the first 5 are going to be what you'll see from this archetype for the most part until some bans with the 6th being interchangeable (veluza is cool though).

ive had playable mus into almost everything, with the exception being a terra style great tusk counter leading me turn 1. most of my other losses was losing the mind games to other flutter manes lol.

Houndstone Trickroom

https://pokepast.es/cc108d151714136a

i made a trickroom to let houndstone get ohko's without worrying about speed, we have access to some good trickroom setters like mimikyu hatterene but no magic guard sash reuniclus, no cresselia, no p2 unfortuneatly, basically your two main breakers (iron hands + Houndstone in lategame) are incredibly fat and eat super effectiv hits totally fine, iron hands get very good damage and a busted ability+item combo thats lets you punch holes instantly along with good movepool, Houndstone's ghost typing is phenomenal offensively, you also rely on very safe trickroom setters with focus sash, mental herb spamming, and disguise

I wanna mention I am really really bad, played like garbage, messed up so many predictions, and got carried by houndstone basically having 598 defense and a move with basepower in the hundreds, the dog is a threat, also iron-hands is sooooooo fat,
for reference of how FAT houndstone is,

252+ Atk Life Orb Weavile(ChienPao) Throat Chop vs. -1 4 HP / 252 Def Fluffy Houndour(Houndstone): 208-247 (72.7 - 86.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO you respond by OHKOing with body press

:grimmsnarl::cyclizar::flutter-mane::roaring-moon::iron-bundle::chien-pao:
Screens Shed Tail HO

I've been using this in friendlies and room tournament games, and some friends had a little success with it on ladder. Screens are kinda disgusting right now and sub passing behind screens with so many powerful threats makes it really easy to autowin. I previously had Steel as the Tera Type for Roaring Moon with Iron Head > Acrobatics. It's better at catching people off guard + providing counterplay vs fringe threats, but the Acrobatics set is more consistent. The Iron Bundle set is really fun. Fighting Tera Type allows you to safely set up on Pokemon like Chien-Pao, and the STAB + Fighting Tera Blast coverage is ridiculous. Chien-Pao is probably the most expendable member of this team, not sure how I feel about it right now.

This team performs really well against the typical stuff people are playing, but it struggles a lot vs hazard stack teams and teams with a lot of techs for HO, like a lot of priority moves, Ditto, Focus Sash users, etc. It's very fun to play, but will probably become outdated quickly with how fast the metagame is progressing.

https://pokepast.es/7bb8c1f7edb3feab

Cetitan + buffed Slowking

Use all the wack stuff early to set up, weaken the defenses then busted ass big bisharp sweeps every game. Cetitan Slowking core tho is super cool and with more experimenting in a bulky offensive core i find it solid vs various threats offensively and defensively.

https://pokepast.es/1cc35f84f77dd997

This is a houndstone balanced sand team that I've played with for a bit. The premise is simple: you have houndstone, ttar to set up sand and a supporting cast of pokemon which are tasked with making it easier to sweep with houndstone, but the cool thing is that you don't have to sweep with houndstone, because you have other smaller win conditions like lots of passive damage and a good offensive and defensive backbone, so this isn't necessarily an all or nothing team despite featuring an all or nothing pokemon.

Corviknight and clodsire make the defensive core of the team alongside ttar, giving you good hazard control while also being able to switch into a lot of threats. I think that water absorb clodsire in particular is an amazing mon that can cover big threats like flutter mane and palafin. Breloom and flutter mane are the breakers that remove houndstone answers like normal types, sucker punch users and bulky dark types. Not to mention that flutter mane is just amazing in general with it's incredible offensive stats, typing and movepool. Additionally, it's usually risky, you can also use it as a spin blocker if necessary. Finally, houndstone is the main win condition of the team, but don't be afraid to use it even when you have 5 or 4 pokemon that are still alive, spell tag gives you lots of flexibility as opposed to choice band or life orb.

The last thing I want to say is that it's been a while since I played a current gen competitively. The last time was USUM ou (which was also the first tier I ever played competitively so I was very bad and didn't really know what I was doing lol). I was not a good builder then, and even though I improved since then, I'm still not a good builder today. It also took me just a few minutes to come up with this team and I'm sure that it can be improved, but I wanted to share a team that I find to be very fun to play and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!

Oh and one more thing: please quickban flutter mane :)

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
https://pokepast.es/800423c526c740ae

thought id share something ive been messing with on ladder for fun after getting a little bored of HO spamming, haven't been able to play much today but stuff like skeledirge and clodsire are great fun. utility umbrella blissey honestly feels like kinda the nicest option with the rampant weather to me rn, lack of toxic on stuff like umb / chansey is kinda sad but yawn umb at least acts a bit like ss uu alpha umb's ability to shut down some stuff with that and lack of wish passers makes it kinda appealing, tried taunt on it too which was nice for shutting down stuff like opposing clodsire, fighting tera slowbro early honestly makes it insanely nice at checking a bunch of stuff like chien pao and stab body press is hot.

Been laddering with this team, so far I've peaked around 1440.

The PokePaste: https://pokepast.es/31b6d70d96707103

Pelipper: The rain setter for the team. The loss of toxic and defog means I get to run more offensive coverage on this guy. He's bulky enough that he can tank some physical hits and return fire with rain boosted surfs or hurricanes. Play conservatively with it since it's is your only weather setter and should be kept at a high enough HP that you can switch it into an attack and roost off the damage or pressure the opposing pokmemon out.

Grimmsnarl: This is one of the two leads I usually start the battle with. It's the typical prankster set, but it has enough invested in attack that it can do a good chunk of damage to the dark types running around that think they can use you as setup fodder. Depending on the team you're facing, you can decide whether both screens are worth it.

Iron Treads: This is the other pokemon that Im likely to lead with depending on the team comp. If the opposing side has sash glimmora, Iron Treads is a pretty safe lead as you can EQ and then rapid spin away any hazards glimmora managed to set up (fyi: rapid spin will spin away the toxic spikes from toxic debris after making contact). Tread is the glue holding a lot of the team together, as he can tank physical hits, clear your side of hazards, and can even serve as an emergency check to pokemon such as fluttermane with heavy slam. I don't often terastalize this guy, but with tera fairy you trade your weaknesses for steel/poison weakness which can be easily handled by EQ. I've noticed that this team can sometimes struggle with Clodsire, so if the other team has one try to be conservative with Tread so it'll be healthy enough to check it.

Iron Bundle: Serves as the special wallbreaker of the team. Freeze dry will make short work of any bulky waters such as toxapex or normal quagsire. Because of specs, you should be able to 2hko a full sp.def Clodsire with ice beam. Lastly, no pokemon appreciates switching into Iron Bundle's hydro pump outside of immune pokemon like the beforementioned Clodsire.

Quaquaval: The reason for my building the team in the first place. I really wanted to use this pokemon, and so I tried to fit him in the best environment I could. Ideally, with screens up under rain Quaquaval has no issues 6-0'ing most teams. Aqua step lets you boost your speed, while being a solid water STAB, jet lets you hit pokemon that are faster than you if you haven't had the chance to aqau step yet, and CC is for coverage and STAB. Swords dance isn't always necessary as you will already be doing a lot of damage to most pokemon under rain, but its a great way to put pressure on the opponent. I chose mystic water as the item instead of life orb, mainly because I find myself using the water STAB's more so I prefer not needing to worry about recoil. Feel free to use life orb if you prefer.

Gyarados: Serves as a secondary sweeper, and of one the most frequent users of my tera. Tera ground removes all of gyarados' typical weaknesses and grants it STAB EQ, at the expense of making it vulnerable to water types. I usually wouldn't have him in against bulky waters to begin with so I haven't really had too many issues with that. Due to gyarados' natural bulk, he is able to shrug off a hit from pokemon such as fluttermane, Chi-Yu, Iron Jugulis, and Iron Valiant and cripple them with a thunder wave, assisting his teammates and potentially allowing him to set up on that pokemon. Lum berry allows it to bait clodsire, (before using tera ground) shrug off the toxic and then kill it will EQ. It also lets Gyarados stay in on a will-o-wisp burn from Skeledirge and wear it down.

Weaknesses: Breloom is able to spore one of your leads and can potentially set up if allowed. If you see one during team preview, leading Iron bundle will prevent it from doing to much damage. An opposing HO team can potentially cause problems for they are allowed to set up, as this team does not have a lot of bulk overall. Clodsire walls base Quaquaval (I'ev found that at +2 CC is a 2HKO) while Dondozo walls both Gyarados and Quaquaval so try to wear those mons down with rocks and Iron Bundle.

I'm still tweaking things here and there with the team, but if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know.

this is the only replay I have for now, its against a stall team

Baloor

Tigers Management
PUPL Champion
Houndstone Palafin Sand
:Tyranitar::Palafin-Hero::Houndstone::Gholdengo::Clodsire::Corviknight:
https://pokepast.es/31761cfecaa69add

- Smooth Rock Ttar to give Houndstone the most turns possible, tera ghost to dodge fighting attacks. tera blast hits something but i forgot, stole the set used initially from a blunder video since I was trying to learn the ways of Houndstone. you can prob swap out the ttar moves for something else as long as you keep smooth rock + rocks
- scarf houndstone since it outspeeds 95% of the meta in sand, tera fighting to resist suckers
- palafin to break holes to give houndstone openings OR to clean up after houndstone, tera ground to be immune to electric, zen headbutt for clodsire
-clodsire to provide spikes + water & fight resist. checks stuff like flutter which is helpful in early stages. spikes helps vs opposing clodsire
-scarf gholdengo to provide additional speed control outside of sand + provide a steel + deny defog and spin + trick helps vs fat
- corv to check chien pao mostly and other physical attackers + provide defog

try to put up pressures with hazards first before trying to break with houndstone since clod + corv cores can be annoying (so can the rare garg). in this mu you have to play aggressive with palafin and gholdengo once hazards are up to waste heals and try to put guys in range of Last Respects.

:roaring-moon: :cyclizar: :chi-yu: :flutter-mane: :clodsire: :iron-treads:
BO DragSpam

I've been messing around with this team recently and I've been having fun with it so far. Team deets:

- Roaring Moon + Cyclizar is scary. The core's game plan is simple: Shed Tail with Cyclizar if you can to Roaring Moon, get a DD in, and sweep almost anything.
- Chi-Yu is here to alleviate the weakness to Ice.Tera-Grass can also help lure in bulky Waters (and Palafin, ig)
- Flutter-Mane is here coz it's broken and needs to be banned. In all seriousness though, SV OU has tons of viable Dragons, so Flutter Mane is here to help handle said Dragons. It also applies speed control due to its scary Speed tier even surpassing non-Scarf Pult sets.
- Clodsire is the team's Palafin (and Water-type) check. If Clodsire dies while opposing Palafin is still alive, it's most likely a loss since most Palafin sweeps this team.
- Iron Treads is the hazard removal for the team. A lot of switching can happen with this team, and so far, it gets worn down easily by hazards, so the team appreciates Iron Treads removing said hazards. Also it's basically better Excadrill IMO.

https://pokepast.es/cd466ffff4cf6a9d

its a stall team with some of the good mons from previous gen like bliss corv and pex and im using some new dudes in ting-lu and skeledirge.

- Ting-lu is really good, it has great physical bulk and its ability(reduce opp spa by 25%) combined with some special bulk investment turns this guy into a really strong mon with no real weaknesses. You cant stay on it even with an eq immunity/resistance either because you get hit with ruinations. Im also running whirlwind to deal with subs, mons who like setting up and protosynthesis mons.
-Skeledirge over quag/clod as the unaware mon because i like its offensive capabilities.
- Amoonguss because, idk i didnt know what i wanted as a 6th and having 2 regenerators is always nice.

https://pokepast.es/42374f8c7a0de528

I made this team build around CB Tinkaton. I tried to pair it with moment base mons like Rotom and Corviknight just so you can get it in and hit mons with a gigaton hammer. I also paired it with a psyshock Flutter Mane to deal potential pex cause I have seen some pexs on ladder. I also put Ting-Lu on this team due to it being able to set up spike while being relatively bulky. I'm open to any suggestions or improvements to the team.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
https://pokepast.es/1a67916c89a1fb69

palafin + eject cyclizar hyper offense

bulk up + taunt palafin is insane, so here's my twist featuring it on a bit of a more dedicated, fun offense structure with eject button cyclizar. the gameplay loop is essentially lead palafin, hard into cyclizar, prock eject + regen, pivot into glimmora to begin hazard stacking. essentially this makes it as seamless as possible to get your broken form while still having the initial ho lead. gholdengo ensures the hazards stay up while also having scarf and trick for emergency speed control and choice locking things to make shed tail even easier to use

all slots r pretty important imo except the houndstone one, i just wanted an excuse to use the bulky wisp set more (and the slot is very strong still because there's a lot of berserking action going on with this team). can be replaced with flutter mane or whatever other broken you want. played with kingambit and chien pao the most since it's priority which is v important to have rn. team is crazy and a lot of fun

Rain Offense

1668903542630.png

Not That much of a true rain team with no thunder user or other swift swimmers but terastalized-water Barraskewda is insane and ohko's a lot of weaker resists like Roaring Moon with banded liquidation. Not to mention Pelipper cancel's out the sun from Torkoal denying photosynthesis. Physdef Clodsire is really good right now and an excellent support mon. I think physical defense investment is the way to go as it is a better check to Flutter Mane's psyshock. I went with wisp hex Dragapult over specs shadow ball because being able to burn mons like Chien-Pao or Kingambit on a switch in is really crippling. Scizor is here as a blanket check to all the broken fast and frail mons like Flutter Mane, Chien-Pao, Roaring Moon etc. Last we have rocky helmet Corviknight. It acts exactly like it did in gen 9, which is to say, clear hazards, chip u-turners, and pivot with it's own u-turn. Just be careful with roost PP, you can't pressure stall as much anymore.

The biggest mon to be careful of on this team is Chien-Pao and Chi-Yu. With no dark resist, +2 Chien-Pao can sweep through this team easily and Chi-Yu's dark pulse is a nightmare, especially if you are like me and use physically defensive Clodsire.

I think Scizor is the most flexible mon to switch out here, older versions of this team had Iron Bundle as it can outspeed Chien-Pao and rain boosted specs hydro pump hits like a truck.

https://pokepast.es/9ef2a2d07bf95b31
What started as a Garganacl sand team became a Houndstone semi stall. The concept is simple: win by stalling the opponent or by threatening a Houndstone sweep with every death. Colbur Slowbro 1v1s most of the new toys and tera fairy guarantees the win vs the new dark and fighting mons. ID press Corv does what it has always done. Tera steel water absorb Clodsire is tech to beat Iron Bundle otherwise its standard. Nacl doesn't die in sand and beats most special attackers and annoys most stall builds. Smooth Rock Hippo controls weather, keeps it going longer, whirlwind phases Cyclizar leads, and max def has a decent matchup vs Iron Hands which solos a lot of stall builds. Houndstone is just stupid with proper support and the bulky set does silly things with WoW and body press. Other than Clod, you can play around with the EVs and tera types, I went with the most generic choices and aren't 100% sure of any of them, but Bro/Clod/Corv/Nacl is just a really strong defensive core in general.

What started as a Garganacl sand team became a Houndstone semi stall. The concept is simple: win by stalling the opponent or by threatening a Houndstone sweep with every death. Colbur Slowbro 1v1s most of the new toys and tera fairy guarantees the win vs the new dark and fighting mons. ID press Corv does what it has always done. Tera steel water absorb Clodsire is tech to beat Iron Bundle otherwise its standard. Nacl doesn't die in sand and beats most special attackers and annoys most stall builds. Smooth Rock Hippo controls weather, keeps it going longer, whirlwind phases Cyclizar leads, and max def has a decent matchup vs Iron Hands which solos a lot of stall builds. Houndstone is just stupid with proper support and the bulky set does silly things with WoW and body press. Other than Clod, you can play around with the EVs and tera types, I went with the most generic choices and aren't 100% sure of any of them, but Bro/Clod/Corv/Nacl is just a really strong defensive core in general.
Woooooa this is cool

just so you know, tera steel Clodsire will start to lose hp from Black Sludge so id run leftovers over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)