Resource SV Monotype Bazaar

:ogerpon-cornerstone::rillaboom::meowscarada::sinistcha::lilligant-hisui::leavanny:
Ogerpon-Cornerstone (F) @ Cornerstone Mask
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Horn Leech
- Encore

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- U-turn

Meowscarada @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- U-turn

Sinistcha @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Scald
- Strength Sap

Lilligant-Hisui (F) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Victory Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Sleep Powder

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
Tera Type: Bug
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- String Shot
- Lunge
- Knock Off
This is me making webs grass. Leavanny is unranked for a reason

:ogerpon-cornerstone: Better than hearthflame on webs, since it's the best form against flying and it also 6-0s fire with webs up
:rillaboom: Big band breaker for webs. Also is a priority user for revenge killing
:meowscarada: Great scarfer great speed control. The usual
:sinistcha: Slow even for webs but the defensive profile is too good to pass up. Blocks rapid spin, spreads burn and stops stuff like alolan muk and body press corviknight. Nasty plot over calm mind to provide more pressure
:lilligant-hisui: Important wincon against types like steel, dark, flying and ice. Also good for immediate speed. The fact that it gets sleep powder + victory dance is dumb
:leavanny: Only web setter. String shot stops people from leading a fast mon or setup sweeper and bulldozing you. It looks dumb but it saved me a lot of times. Hits harder than you think

Pengairxan

D_RUNNIN
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey you, yes you?
Do you like playing Poison?
Do you dislike Landorus sweeping you?
Do want your check to Landorus to not only outspeed and consistently OKHO but also not have any chance of messing up? (Icy wind Gengar, I'm looking at you.)
Do you want to run Toxicroak? (Yes, yes you do.)
Then can I interest you in...
Choice Scarf Adamant Toxicroak Poison! (No jokes.)
https://pokepast.es/755c6276a5c99a28

Now most of this team is standard, Toxapex, Geezing and Alolan Muk are standard to a tee. Iron Moth being boots 4 attacks helps with momentum and just has generally good coverage for nearly any situation. The only real change is Amoonguss is running a bit of special bulk just to give it a bit more oomph since there are two other physical walls. Iron Moth's/Volcarona's Flamethrower does not OKHO anymore allowing for sleeps and Bloodmoon's Bloodmoon followed up by Earthpower has a good chance to be dealt with then and there by Giga Drain spam.

But the reason this team exists is of course the mon I am Mono's number stan of, Toxicroak. The reason is simple. Adamant Choice Scarf Toxicroak OKHOs Landorus. We don't OKHO Lando 100% of the time without it. That is genuinely it for running Adamant (It is 87.5% chance to OKHO, but I'm reading that as 12.5% chance you fucking die). The rest of the moveset are standard, Knock off for crippling ghosts and just general progress making, Earthquake for big ass damage and hitting Poison/Fire types and Close Combat for a strong ass STAB.

Ethereal Sword

Fezandipiti
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello everyone. I wanted to share a very serious team, one meticulously crafted after hours of rumination, dedicating my heart and soul into perfecting the finest details to challenge the [Gen 9] Monotype meta...

Nah, I'm just kidding. Here's Farigiraf Normal.

:zoroark-hisui: :arboliva: :cyclizar: :ursaluna-bloodmoon: :farigiraf: :ditto: <-- link

Normal has a reputation for being a not-great type, and on this team we use some allegedly not-great mons like Cyclizar (C rank on VR, somebody want to explain that?) and Farigiraf (unranked on VR, tbh this should change too). And while that reputation is largely justified, it can still be very dangerous. Grassy Seed Ursaluna-Bloodmoon has been an idea for awhile, but this team includes Farigiraf as a second Grassy Seed sweeper. I've had success in room tours using this team, and if you just want a change of pace with a fun, off-meta, pretty silly team, I encourage giving this a try. (DLC 2 releases soon so use it fast!)

:zoroark-hisui: A mainstay on Normal teams, I opted for a Scarf set to make it a fast attacker that can punish the opponent when it is disguised and act as a revenge killer later in the game. Fairly standard, at least compared to certain other mons on the team.

:arboliva: The engine behind the Grassy Seed sweepers. Leaf Storm is a strong STAB move that is boosted by terrain, but the real trickery lies in its other moves. Memento provides momentum and an opportunity to set up with a sweeper. Encore is an excellent option in general to punish setup sweepers, Kingambit, etc. Finally, Endure is very useful for this team as we often require Grassy Terrain to be set up twice (to activate each Grassy Seed); Endure + Eject Button lets Arboliva survive after setting up terrain once so it can come in and set it up again later.

:cyclizar: I have no idea why this is in C rank, but its quality is undeniable. It is the standard set - Rapid Spin and Knock Off combined with the ever-important Shed Tail into Ursaluna-B, Farigiraf, or even Ditto make it an invaluable support mon for this team.

:ursaluna-bloodmoon: Grassy Seed sweeper #1. It is exactly what you would expect. With a defense boost + Calm Mind boosts, it can punch holes in any team. 112 SpA EVs lets it OHKO Chien-Pao with Blood Moon, 68 Spe lets it outspeed uninvested base 60, HP is maxed, and the rest is put into Def.

:farigiraf: Grassy Seed sweeper #2. Double Dance Farigiraf is surprisingly dangerous. It is basically "Espathra lite," and it has Armor Tail to block priority moves. It is intended to be a late-game sweeper after Ursaluna has already weakened the opposing team sufficiently. Given an opportunity to set up, it can close out games emphatically, being especially dangerous to Fighting teams. Calm Mind can be used over Nasty Plot, but after a traumatizing experience I like Nasty Plot better.

:ditto: Finally, the ever-present anchor, just to make sure that the opponent can't get too out of hand with their sweepers.

And somebody please move Cyclizar up a rank or two... thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Ethereal Sword

Fezandipiti
is a Tiering Contributor
Thought I might share this Dragon team that I've had a lot of fun using recently. It started out as a silly idea, as so many of my teams do, but it has proven to be very usable (and just goes to show how broken Dragon is, even when neither Dragapult nor Gouging Fire make an appearance.)

:archaludon: :goodra-hisui: :baxcalibur: :kyurem: :latios: :latias:

The entire thought process behind the team: "we want double steel for fairy, but then we lose to ground so let's add double ice, but then we lose to fighting so let's add double psychic." The sets are all fairly unsurprising but together their coverage moves allow the team to handle almost every type. Double scarf latis with almost identical sets is unusual but can be helpful in providing flexibility - for instance, either one can trick their scarf while still maintaining a scarfer on the team.

The team:
:archaludon: physical wall
:goodra-hisui: special wall
:baxcalibur: physical sweeper
:kyurem: special sweeper
:latios: scarfer
:latias: support

Several of the coverage moves (particularly Archaludon and Latios) can be changed as needed.

Its hardest matchups are steel and fairy. The dragon mirror is also hard without Dragapult.

Tspikes ghost is my go to team comp whenever there is a ridiculous mon in the tier because everything else typically runs offensive teams to not get ran over. I had a lot of fun with this team in particular since I decided to focus on using hex instead of using screens.

Version 1

Version 2

Gambit is broken, blood moon is hard to deal with unless its on a normal team without tidy up/boots and gouging fire + h-goodra + specs dragapult is hard to deal with but very doable. Could run Sinistcha to help with ground at the expense of making dark and dragon worse
Gengar is really the only choice for using tspikes as a suicide lead on ghost. Tried a few different sets but found that I wasn't using taunt that much as I wasn't really running into that many hazards and I couldn't really use destiny bond because of the high speed in the tier. Hex + wisp punishes passive play very well. As well as burning poison/steel types.

The main hex abusers. Spectrier is really fun and can super snowball games as switching into hex is difficult when tspikes are in play. But the amount of resttalk a-muk and normal teams made life difficult. Dragapult while not as strong can click dragon darts which helps a lot especially when dragon is as broken as it is now.

Standard set, felt that clicking nasty plot make it rain was too valuable over running twave + hex. Mainly to hit poison teams harder

Mostly standard, having hex over other coverage moves helps deal more damage on switch ins and crucially ohkos opposing flutter manes if they switch into tspikes

Skeledirge was my main answer to gouging fire as well as being able to spread burns to help spectrier sweep and setup better, as well as checking gambit (hate that mon). But it doesn't really work well with pult since pult doesn't need to setup. So ceruledge helps dent teams for pult instead. As well as help significantly in the ghost mirror match.

Mimikyu runs twave over swords dance because I never ended up clicking it besides the ghost mirror match. It is far better off as being a way to cripple any threats like gouging fire and galarian moltres (especially behind screens). Hitting gambit and normal types with drain punch as well as just generally checking dragon and dark mons. Has room for some creativity by either more focusing on supporting by switching to red card and/or having sd/sub/destiny bond over drain punch or shadow sneak. Possibilities are endless because this mon does 0 damage or is slower than anything it does deal damage to

Last edited:

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
https://pokepast.es/06c80d85077f60a5 I usually post for sample submissions, but wanted to just drop this here. Was testing different varients of basic 6's for steel when I was making samples, and Ijust kinda wanted to try 3 attacks taunt Heatran + Scarf Gholdengo. Usually I had Heatran or Treads as the scarfers since i felt keeping Gholdengo as nasty plot was necessary, but Mushamu convinced me to try scarf gholdengo again and yeah its baller. Team is simple and not very out there, but tested all the way 2 the top of the ladder. Shits good have fun

A very traditionalist dragon team, quite similar to some samples but with item and set changes it has a unique core. Not incredible, but decent, and I'm sure someone can play it better than me.
https://pokepast.es/8e6e6f05af1b2c2d
The idea is, well, overloading the opponent with 3 choice specs wallbreakers + archaludon. It's pretty fun really, just spam nuking attacks and hope it gets through. Bad against hazardstack sadly.

Pengairxan

D_RUNNIN
is a Pre-Contributor
Some less viable Poison teams from yours truly.
Or as it shall be referred to, Pengairxan's Poisonous Putout.
Just to make it simple throughout all the teams the only standards are :Muk Alola: and :Amoonguss: which are the exact same as the analysis I have written for them the rest will be explained.
(Note, Amoonguss Analysis has not been uploaded at the time of publishing, I'm still waiting for a Grammar check)

A team for all of us who remember a time before Toxapex.
:Muk Alola: :Amoonguss: :Tentacruel: :Pecharunt: :Slowking Galar: :Okidogi:
This was primarily made for the sole purpose for really just having experience with every currently viably ranked Poison Mon. However it isn't all garbo and does provide some utility and fun.
Notably :Tentacruel: is Poison's only form of hazard removal that isn't weak to Steel providing unique utility, it also comes with access to Flip turn to do damage and escape from bad situations, notably 297 gets the jump on 295 (and gets :Kleavor: after a Rapid Spin) and is mainly used to escape from :Ceruledge: and :Dragonite: because :Amoonguss: or :Pecharunt: go brrr into them.
:Pecharunt: is mostly standard however it provides a supportive role thanks to Foul Play and Parting Shot, of course no ability proc is whoops but its something, it is Also Itemless to effortlessly check :Ceruledge: because that mon can be a problem otherwise for Poison and it the simplest solution while also making Knock off from the likes of :Meowscarada: and :Scizor: negligible.
:Slowking Galar: Is a weird more offensive set designed to get more pressure out overall while still being bulky enough to survive unboosted :Landorus: Earthpower and take less than 50% from Specs :Latios: Draco Meteor
:Okidogi: Choice Scarf for an actual :Landorus: check (We outspeed baby) and because this team is otherwise both majorly weak to Dark, Steel and Fast mons that having Okidogi as a reliably fast late game mon can help.

Because I was given a mild challenge and took it with Gusto.
This is actually a Dual version of teams with some context behind it.
:Muk Alola: :Amoonguss: :Tentacruel: :Revavroom: :Fezandipiti: :Okidogi: - OG Verison
:Muk Alola: :Amoonguss: :Glimmora: :Revavroom: :Fezandipiti: :Okidogi: - Ethereal Edition
"Trio of Unranked Poison Pokemon That we Adore" referred to as TUPP TA for short was spurred on by this comment:
1711908282438.png

And I happily obliged to build. Originally this team had the actual Trio of Revavroom for Improbable Blob, Fezandipiti for Ethereal Sword and Toxicroak for yours truly but Toxicroak was sadly just worse Okidogi so I went for Okidogi (I'll build a Toxicroak Poison or fighting in the future my friends, it shall be ranked somewhere again)
When it was made I was testing out the Tentacruel Poison and used that as base which is why my variant is striking similar to the first team I posted.
:Tentacruel: Vs :Glimmora: is preference overall with both having advantages.
:Tentacruel: is bulkier overall and tanks damage far better and notably is a steel resistance but ends up with a hazard-less Poison overall while :Glimmora: is more offensive and does have Stealth Rock but offers a dual Steel weakness and cannot stick around for long.
The original team ended up with Calm Mind Sludge Bomb :Fezandipiti: mostly because I couldn't think of a good second attack while Ethereal's version has Heat Wave with Heavy Duty boots for safer entry and to deal with Steel-types easier.
And :Revavroom: is a solid win condition being able to with assisted chip from its teammates end being able to Shift Gear up and rip teams apart.
:Okidogi: is the same as Cruel Poison, see there for information

If a bunch of D ranks are not to your liking, may I offer a C Rank mon instead?
:Muk Alola: :Amoonguss: :Overqwil: :Weezing Galar: :Iron Moth: :Sneasler:
This was a concept that I used for a bit, didn't like and stopped using but I may as well post it here because it does have a few benefits.
Notably, Its currently the only Poison team in my builder that has a form of Entry Hazards other than Toxic Spikes.
This is not a joke by the way, I genuinely only have like Toxic Spikes Toxapex for my entry hazards and I have two Clodsire Teams (Both Curse by the way) so yeah.
But back to the team at hand, the main star of the Show here is :Overqwil: with intimidate to provide some solid support it provides a unique utility in slowing down Physical attackers that threaten Poison Majorly like :Iron Boulder: being able to generally come in and threaten it straight back out along with :Azumarill: thanks to both Outspeeding and being able to threaten Barb Barrage.
:Weezing Galar: is Standard outside of Toxic but thats a concession I decided to make.
:Iron Moth: Charcoal Overheat OKHOs :Landorus: while allowing Firey Dance to OKHO :Ninetales Alola: what more do you want?
:Sneasler: is mostly standard outside of Upper Hand because Sneasler fucking sucks into :Kingambit: so having that is really nice (I think I just doomed this tech though so whoops)

And finally, something both off and on brand.
Yes, that title is serious, I am that derranged for Poison-type Pokemon.
:Sneasler: :Iron Valiant: :Iron Hands: :Great Tusk: :Keldeo: :Okidogi:
Mostly a standard fighting if I'm being completely honest but Okidogi is really cool.
Notably if it every finds a safe position it can kind of just click Bulk up and win the game there like against a Dragon that has no :Latios: with :Archaludon: or :Goodra Hisui: in or a Flying with no :Landorus: and a :Skarmory: or :Corviknight: in. Its also just a solid Fairy Neutralty that can threaten several mons thanks to its high bulk, notably looking at :Primarina: and saying "unboosted Psychic Noise ain't scaring me even if I don't kill it." and then proceeding to cause some major damage. (I'm not joking, 252 Modest Psychic Noise does 88.4 max to Okidogi, this mon is amazing)
Other than that its mostly Standard Fighting, :Iron Valiant: is EBelt because I think its neat and Iron Moth has conditioned to me to have a special attacker that rips Water apart with CC because its neat.
Also if you recognize the naming theme for this one, I'm happy.

Last edited:

Pengairxan

D_RUNNIN
is a Pre-Contributor
So, to most people with "functioning brains" after getting experience with basically every mon of a type, you would think I would return to the normal viable shit in S/A/B right?
WRONG!
Instead I let the dysfunctional part of my brain continue forward and for am I glad of that because the functional part says shit like "You should vote to not ban Zamazenta and Espathra because Poison shits on them." and while that may be true, it is wrong.
Which has lead to the insane half going down this route. A path some may consider unviable and hey, they're kind of right, Ground and Fire are notable issues but a lot of types have bad matchups and they can be beaten, probably, maybe I should of saved a replay of that happening.
Anyway...
Ladies and Gentlemen I give you.

Overqwil + Tentacruel Poison featuring Dual Fighting types.
:Overqwil: :Amoonguss: :Tentacruel: :Slowking Galar: :Okidogi: :Sneasler:

A brief backstory for this team. This came about thanks to Mono UU and its failure to update the banlist come April first (AMuk was not unbanned) so quickly grabbing a team, I grabbed Tentacruel Poison, slapped an Overqwil for my Dark and said "Fuck it"
And it worked for that Tour. So I kept using it and modifying Real Squid repeatdly. It has seen so far three verisons, Dual Dark (AMuk + Overqwil which is most similar to the OG Tentacruel with Qwill over Runt) Iron Moth (Which was just Iron Moth over AMuk) and now this current verison.
Lets go through the stars of this team shall we?
:Overqwil: Big Qwilliam here takes the Dark Role of the team with its impressive physical defense allowing it to take on powerful physical Psychic-types like Iron Boulder, Gallade, and Hoopa-U (Yeah, surprised me to) and its inability to be Magic Bounced by Hatterene (Whats it going to do, each a Barb Barrage?) It serves the hazard pressure of the squad with immense utility along with checking Psychic-types (We still fuck up Espathra bitches) Also this is the team where the entire Overqwil Analysis will be coming from, your not welcome. Also hey, Shop Keeper, your getting the vacation I kept promising you.
:Amoonguss: See the Posion Analysis for further details. But Shroottaur plays her normal role her us and for that, we thank you for your services my queen.
:Tentacruel: Continuing with the same role it did last time but in a far superior positon thanks to having a reason to exist, this Real Squid puts on the pressure with its powerful Water STAB, and Knock off to keep things flowing.
:Slowking Galar: With more offense than previously, this Empress has gone back to being incredibly bulky and just in time too as our main special wall to take on monsters like Latios, Heatran, and Iron Valiant, it will take your hit and respond back without mercy.
:Okidogi: Lets'a go with this all Bulky, no Scarfi Okey Dogi. It will take hits like a champ and bulk up on ready to Punch its way to victory, while it and with Spikes providing the glorious support they are, nothing it stopping it this time. Except for Fairy-types, but we a team for them.
:Sneasler: Returning from vaccation from a lot of my teams, Sneasy is back and ready to blitz. with Okey Dogi taking the main sweeper route, this legendary speedster can blitz with Choice Scarf on Neck taking lives when needed.

And now looking at this, I should of put Toxicroak on Sneasler just so I could hit all the viabilites including Unranked, maybe next time Croa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)